Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,258 members, 7,807,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. (62267 Views)

Career Choice DSS Or ARMY? Suggestions Please!! / We Talk About Career. What Influences Your Career Choice? / Career Choice: All You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by bare1(m): 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
faith2ogesco:
yup. Ppl can have 3. As for me, the % difference BTW my major and minor is so little DAT u can think am San now n next 5 mins phleg

It's usually like that because of how much the phleg can neutralize the San.
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by faith2ogesco(m): 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
sinie:
@ op nice post going here! But I think you might have left out one very important trait of a pheelmatic. Stubbornness. Phlegs are very stubborn, whereas they might be procrastinators, when a phleg wants Something nothing can stop him from getting it! He plots, manipulates and does everthing he can until he gets it! That makes them good marketers. That's where I disagree with u, u said they are not good marketers, you are wrong. A phleg in his calm way will convince and manipulate u to do something you don't really want to do. And once motivated they can be the most competitive person in a group, they might not show it but inside they are seriously plotting to get the best. When they are not leaders they have a hard time following authority because they will always believe they can do a better job. A phleg will not volunteeer to lead, but when appointed will lead marvellously.
He's also very good at saying no. Again attributed to his sturboness. He might not stomp and scream no like a choleric will do, he ll just smile and then just won't do it.
word bro. Ur on point
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by ojaydedon(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
DukeNija:
I've had the opportunity of being the head of two organizations, one an inspirational NGO (Lifechangers int'l) and the other a profit Business group (Entrepower, which I'm still the head) So I decided to put my knowledge to use here in Nairaland.

After experiences and much study of people due to one on one interaction I've realised that of a truth we have four temperaments. Since I cannot come up with more befitting acronymns for them I'll use the already existing ones.

1. The Sanguine
2. The Choleric
3. The Melancholic
4. The[b] Phlegmatic[/b]

Unless you were born in mars, had never been to school or don't have a thing for reading,you must have come across these words before. Although, no person has one singular temperament, we have a maximum of two and a minimum of two. Also, environmental factors might give room for slight variations, but they are usually very negligible.

Most people believe they have a distinct trait, peculiar character or are 'just them' but I'll tell you that you are not the only one that acts the way you do, not even in your street. Some others believe that they have temperaments but don't know which exactly, confused. While the bandwagon would say abeg leave that thing, I don't believe it. Well, if you finish my article which I am 'painstakingly preparing' and with sincerity, you will not only laugh, but also discover your temperament and how you can use it to improve your Life and Career.

Finally, emotional intelligence is a gift, at least to me. I have the funny but uncanny ability to tell ones personality trait or temperament(as the case may be) by several conversations or even one meeting. Yes one meeting, one conversation. This came effortless(so don't think I'm hardworking).

So I'll begin..

pls reply me asap. Tnx

i am scared of public speech but wen i have no choice, i just hav to. I can coordinate\organize tins well.. I can put tins in order. I can be logical in makin analysis\tinkin.. I can br shy but wen am used to some1, i can be very free. I joke alot with peopl am close to.. I can be antisocial sometyms and social other tyms.. I like things to be done right. I maybe lazy to read but can do crash program. I can help at my inconvenience... Anytin i put my mind to do, i strive to finish it well.. Am a man of my words most times.. I mayb be kind of stingy.. May say am broke wen am really not. Interested in leadership and coordinating.. Serve well. Shy of addressin a crowd. Can be a talkactive wen wit ppl am free wit. Som may say am antisocial.. Odas disagree. So i mayb social sometyms, and not social oda tyms. I may hurt ppl wit my actions unknowingly and feel bad abt it and try to make it ryt. I dont lyk offending ppl. Am kind of a peace maker. Let peace just reign kind of mentality. Some tyms i don really relate wit ppl and just mid y busnes uess coniion warrants me to be free.I can go on and on. But lemme stop here.. Am confused abt my temperament. Phleg, Chlo, mel, san. I may have a touch of all in this order. Am just confused. Can u help out?
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by faith2ogesco(m): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
ojaydedon:

pls reply me asap. Tnx

i am scared of public speech but wen i have no choice, i just hav to. I can coordinate\organize tins well.. I can put tins in order. I can be logical in makin analysis\tinkin.. I can br shy but wen am used to some1, i can be very free. I joke alot with peopl am close to.. I can be antisocial sometyms and social other tyms.. I like things to be done right. I maybe lazy to read but can do crash program. I can help at my inconvenience... Anytin i put my mind to do, i strive to finish it well.. Am a man of my words most times.. I mayb be kind of stingy.. May say am broke wen am really not. Interested in leadership and coordinating.. Serve well. Shy of addressin a crowd. Can be a talkactive wen wit ppl am free wit. Som may say am antisocial.. Odas disagree. So i mayb social sometyms, and not social oda tyms. I may hurt ppl wit my actions unknowingly and feel bad abt it and try to make it ryt. I dont lyk offending ppl. Am kind of a peace maker. Let peace just reign kind of mentality. Some tyms i don really relate wit ppl and just mid y busnes uess coniion warrants me to be free.I can go on and on. But lemme stop here.. Am confused abt my temperament. Phleg, Chlo, mel, san. I may have a touch of all in this order. Am just confused. Can u help out?
ur definitely not a sanguine or choleric. Ur either a melphleg or phlegmel. I dunno which is dominant for now. But I ll go with phlegmel.
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by faith2ogesco(m): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
DukeNija:
I've had the opportunity of being the head of two organizations, one an inspirational NGO (Lifechangers int'l) and the other a profit Business group (Entrepower, which I'm still the head) So I decided to put my knowledge to use here in Nairaland.

After experiences and much study of people due to one on one interaction I've realised that of a truth we have four temperaments. Since I cannot come up with more befitting acronymns for them I'll use the already existing ones.

1. The Sanguine
2. The Choleric
3. The Melancholic
4. The[b] Phlegmatic[/b]

Unless you were born in mars, had never been to school or don't have a thing for reading,you must have come across these words before. Although, no person has one singular temperament, we have a maximum of two and a minimum of two. Also, environmental factors might give room for slight variations, but they are usually very negligible.

Most people believe they have a distinct trait, peculiar character or are 'just them' but I'll tell you that you are not the only one that acts the way you do, not even in your street. Some others believe that they have temperaments but don't know which exactly, confused. While the bandwagon would say abeg leave that thing, I don't believe it. Well, if you finish my article which I am 'painstakingly preparing' and with sincerity, you will not only laugh, but also discover your temperament and how you can use it to improve your Life and Career.

Finally, emotional intelligence is a gift, at least to me. I have the funny but uncanny ability to tell ones personality trait or temperament(as the case may be) by several conversations or even one meeting. Yes one meeting, one conversation. This came effortless(so don't think I'm hardworking).

So I'll begin..
dude we have a lot in common. Emotional intelligence rocks.
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by ojaydedon(m): 7:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
faith2ogesco:
ur definitely not a sanguine or choleric. Ur either a melphleg or phlegmel. I dunno which is dominant for now. But I ll go with phlegmel.

why not chol..

I exhibit many of d xtics...

And elaborate more on why u r considering mel. Tnx
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by faith2ogesco(m): 8:49am On Oct 12, 2015
ojaydedon:

why not chol..

I exhibit many of d xtics...

And elaborate more on why u r considering mel. Tnx
scared of public speech, been very free and helping at your inconvenience are def NOT choleric. The only xter u HV as choleric is being able to lead and phlegs can do DAT as well with enough motivation. Ur dominant character is phleg cos most of your attributed are(lazy at times, peace maker, crash programmes, like ur space, very quiet but can be a talkative, u probably have a dry sense of humour and can be quite sarcastic at times, you might be quietly stubborn and kinda stingy) As for u being arranged, and liking things being done right, being scared of public speech are among melancholic traits.ur probably sturbbon that's why you feel your chlor. Phlegs are very stubborn too but they show it in different ways.
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by ojaydedon(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2015
faith2ogesco:
scared of public speech, been very free and helping at your inconvenience are def NOT choleric. The only xter u HV as choleric is being able to lead and phlegs can do DAT as well with enough motivation. Ur dominant character is phleg cos most of your attributed are(lazy at times, peace maker, crash programmes, like ur space, very quiet but can be a talkative, u probably have a dry sense of humour and can be quite sarcastic at times, you might be quietly stubborn and kinda stingy) As for u being arranged, and liking things being done right, being scared of public speech are among melancholic traits.ur probably sturbbon that's why you feel your chlor. Phlegs are very stubborn too but they show it in different ways.

wow... So phleg something.. But tell me abt cholerics... Cos i still tink i am 1
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by faith2ogesco(m): 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
ojaydedon:

wow... So phleg something.. But tell me abt cholerics... Cos i still tink i am 1
lol. U like argument sha. Dats a choleric trait. Others are domineering, always want to lead/be at d forefront, determination, drive, always want things to go their way, they are mostly workaholics, have anger and temper issues, aren't really that emotional as some have stone hearts, good manipulators, don't forgive easily,good motivators when they want to be, also good slave pushers grin. Am seriously trying to look for more good traits in cholerics but all I can get is that they are extroverts, good leaders and planners, workaholics, have determination and drive. Make una help me abeg cos I will love to settle down with a partly choleric lady. Not dominantly sha grin. Cos I dey trip for mels scara
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by ojaydedon(m): 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
faith2ogesco:
lol. U like argument sha. Dats a choleric trait. Others are domineering, always want to lead/be at d forefront, determination, drive, always want things to go their way, they are mostly workaholics, have anger and temper issues, aren't really that emotional as some have stone hearts, good manipulators, don't forgive easily,good motivators when they want to be, also good slave pushers grin. Am seriously trying to look for more good traits in cholerics but all I can get is that they are extroverts, good leaders and planners, workaholics, have determination and drive. Make una help me abeg cos I will love to settle down with a partly choleric lady. Not dominantly sha grin. Cos I dey trip for mels scara

hahaha...i can be domineering.. I want things to be done my way if involved in certain activities and feel my way is best.. About argument.lol. If i know something, i no go agree ur own oh.. If i feel sometin is ryt naso e go stand (is dat argument?).. I motivate people.. Sometyms i push people to do tins to my favour... Sometyms i may nt show emotions.. i can sometyms be logical and hav good sense of reasoning as d case may be.. Etc...

So? Wat do u think?
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by faith2ogesco(m): 8:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
ojaydedon:

hahaha...i can be domineering.. I want things to be done my way if involved in certain activities and feel my way is best.. About argument.lol. If i know something, i no go agree ur own oh.. If i feel sometin is ryt naso e go stand (is dat argument?).. I motivate people.. Sometyms i push people to do tins to my favour... Sometyms i may nt show emotions.. i can sometyms be logical and hav good sense of reasoning as d case may be.. Etc...

So? Wat do u think?

dats not argument but stubbornness. Phlegs nogogree anoda person own but Chloe in addition go wan force u do deir own.
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by ojaydedon(m): 7:15am On Oct 13, 2015
faith2ogesco:
dats not argument but stubbornness. Phlegs nogogree anoda person own but Chloe in addition go wan force u do deir own.

yea.. Do dat too somtyms...

So wats d conclusion of the matter??
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by faith2ogesco(m): 8:57am On Oct 13, 2015
ojaydedon:

yea.. Do dat too somtyms...

So wats d conclusion of the matter??
well its obvious ur major is phleg. As for ur minor. Prob if I get to know u better and see ur reactions myself will I determine
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by ojaydedon(m): 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
faith2ogesco:
well its obvious ur major is phleg. As for ur minor. Prob if I get to know u better and see ur reactions myself will I determine

hehe.. Tnx for ur time
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by faith2ogesco(m): 7:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
ojaydedon:

hehe.. Tnx for ur time
uwc.
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by spycamera: 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
You can also read "THE REAL YOU" by Dr. Kevin Leman.
None of the research is 100% accurate. There are some factors that can alter or make certain characteristics of a temperament inactive especially when you're informed by analysing your first part of your philosophical window. You can correct the bad side of your temperaments if you know before hand by honestly and courageously work against it too.
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by faith2ogesco(m): 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
spycamera:
You can also read "THE REAL YOU" by Dr. Kevin Leman.
None of the research is 100% accurate. There are some factors that can alter or make certain characteristics of a temperament inactive especially when you're informed by analysing your first part of your philosophical window. You can correct the bad side of your temperaments if you know before hand by honestly and courageously work against it too.
very true.lahaye said DAT. My own take is DAT dose characters that you exhume with ease are who u really are. D others are what u work on to show d world. Hence once in a while u fagout if u keep doing DAT.
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by GRACEGLORY: 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
DukeNija:

1. The Sanguine
2. The Choleric
3. The Melancholic
4. The[b] Phlegmatic[/b]

So I'll begin..

We have them all, but the dominant ones: the primary and secondary set the pace in our lives.
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by GRACEGLORY: 2:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
DukeNija:
The second temperament is:

The Choleric
Adolf Hitler, Winston Churchill, General Buhari. These are cholerics, but wait, they all have something in common. They are also all Leaders.

Cholerics are natural born leaders. They are dictators, rule givers and hardened/wicked controllers.
They Lead, others follow.

Your boyfriend that never really changes his mind until you have $ex with him as bribe is most likely a Choleric.
They are visionary Leaders and administrators. The Bishop that slapped a 'witch' is most likely a Choleric. They are the no-nonsense people who always believe in themselves.

They are very very optimistic, goal-driven and purposeful. Never loosing sight of their target. They easily get angry at the slightest provocation and can NEVER forget a harm done to them as well as a favour they owe.

They hardly accept correction, always carrying their I-Know-It-All attitude everywhere. Infact they don't even listen, not to even imagine considering your opinions on a task.

They are perfect planners, organisers and administrators as they are forged to lead the pack. They do it effortlessly.
They are not very emotional. If you never really enjoyed your moms love and affection as a child, because of her strict and I don't care if you cry to death attitude, forgive her, she's most likely a Choleric.

If your Cheat on your Choleric fine and loving babe, you don enter.
She will not only breakup, but see you as a low life and untrained dog who cannot control his kini.. She will never forgive you lai lai.

Cholerics are the strongest, most disciplined and most composed of all temperaments. They are good people managers and can 'use' people wella. They are good decision makers and are always Workaholics. Think Gov Fash.
They are extremely impatient, angry and intolerant. Think Anger, think Choleric.
A Choleric woman will no doubt control her husband except she is a well trained, well mannered, dedicated and good wife.

They hardly have friends, having hurt or scarred most people they know, they are usually the most hated in the class, or group. They hate to work with people, and believe that they must have it their way or you go the highway. They care less what you think and can use hate to destroy their homes and relationships. They are definitely not the worst people, it just that they are very strong people. They are very very Confident and Charismatic people.

next is the Melancholic...

Buhari, isn't a Choleric, in fact Pastor La' Haye, didn't discuss Buhari's kind of Temperament.
Please note: Being disciplined doesn't make him Choleric. It was due to military training. I've you heard Mr. President talk before, thass how an introvert talks. An example of Choleric is Gani Fawehimi, the Super extrovert himself.
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by faith2ogesco(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
GRACEGLORY:

Buhari, isn't a Choleric, in fact Pastor La' Haye, didn't discuss Buhari's kind of Temperament.
Please note: Being disciplined doesn't make him Choleric. It was due to military training. I've you heard Mr. President talk before, thass how an introvert talks. An example of Choleric is Gani Fawehimi, the Super extrovert himself.
buhari has choleric blood in him. Whether its d primary or sec, its dere
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
Buhari is purely a CHOLERIC. Yes! A Choleric. 95% Choleric and 5% Phlegmatic
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by mimicue(f): 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
Chol/Mel tongue
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by Odunharry(m): 10:48am On Jan 08, 2016
melancholy and.......

1 Like

Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by Megaideas(f): 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
A very educative piece. God bless you Mr. Duke.
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
ojaydedon:

pls reply me asap. Tnx

I might have commented 4years late, but if you are still alive, here are my thoughts. you are majorly an introvert and to be more precise a melancholy. melancholy when happy can be as much of an extrovert as the sanguine followed by depression, they are analytical, emotional, self-deciplined and love to be alone with their thoughts, they mostly show their talkative side to extremely close family and friends. we all have a touch of all the temperaments with one having a higher percentage than the rest.
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by 2special(m): 11:38am On Apr 15, 2022
DukeNija:
The second temperament is:

The Choleric
Adolf Hitler, Winston Churchill, General Buhari. These are cholerics, but wait, they all have something in common. They are also all Leaders.

Cholerics are natural born leaders. They are dictators, rule givers and hardened/wicked controllers.
They Lead, others follow.

Your boyfriend that never really changes his mind until you have $ex with him as bribe is most likely a Choleric.
They are visionary Leaders and administrators. The Bishop that slapped a 'witch' is most likely a Choleric. They are the no-nonsense people who always believe in themselves.

They are very very optimistic, goal-driven and purposeful. Never loosing sight of their target. They easily get angry at the slightest provocation and can NEVER forget a harm done to them as well as a favour they owe.

They hardly accept correction, always carrying their I-Know-It-All attitude everywhere. Infact they don't even listen, not to even imagine considering your opinions on a task.

They are perfect planners, organisers and administrators as they are forged to lead the pack. They do it effortlessly.
They are not very emotional. If you never really enjoyed your moms love and affection as a child, because of her strict and I don't care if you cry to death attitude, forgive her, she's most likely a Choleric.

If your Cheat on your Choleric fine and loving babe, you don enter.
She will not only breakup, but see you as a low life and untrained dog who cannot control his kini.. She will never forgive you lai lai.

Cholerics are the strongest, most disciplined and most composed of all temperaments. They are good people managers and can 'use' people wella. They are good decision makers and are always Workaholics. Think Gov Fash.
They are extremely impatient, angry and intolerant. Think Anger, think Choleric.
A Choleric woman will no doubt control her husband except she is a well trained, well mannered, dedicated and good wife.

They hardly have friends, having hurt or scarred most people they know, they are usually the most hated in the class, or group. They hate to work with people, and believe that they must have it their way or you go the highway. They care less what you think and can use hate to destroy their homes and relationships. They are definitely not the worst people, it just that they are very strong people. They are very very Confident and Charismatic people.

next is the Melancholic...
werey, the scammer
Re: How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. by DukeNija(m): 11:53am On Apr 15, 2022
Will be updated soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinelo Nwokoye: NAF Wings Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, 11 Others In Abuja / Sosu Patrick, Corn Seller In Suit, Tie & Hat / Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.