Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister (16980 Views)

Why Africa Is Backward (pictures) / Letter From Africa: Cutting Nigeria's 'big Men' Down To Size. BBC / Nigeria's big boys - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by TerryCarr(m): 8:22am On Sep 01, 2012
Billyonaire: The Minister must be made to Apologize to Nigeria and Nigerians for such statement.

Nigeria is the 6th Oil Producer in the world - biggest in Africa.
Nigeria has a population of over 160 million people - Most populous in Africa
Nigeria has the biggest military in Africa - the toughest in Africa

Nigeria has won big brother many more times than SA
Nigeria has the best brains in Africa
Nigeria is the home to the richest man in Africa
Nigeria is the home to biggest banks in Africa

I wanna stop here in my sincere quest for an apology from that minister.

all that oil and a majority of the people lives on less then one dollar a day and have the over 160 million people does not help the problem and you damn sure don't have the biggest military, it will be embarrassing to have the biggest military and can't handle a few Islamist and religious riots. it seems when Nigerians are comparing themselves to other nations you say "Nigeria" but if not it's Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba etc sad
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by lekzy01(m): 8:28am On Sep 01, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Funny grin
What's funny thr?..nah trua talk nah
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by manchy7531: 11:43am On Sep 01, 2012
sambos994:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208310545.html

Since when?

That is why i have always said that there are some post that are not right for a Yoruba people to man.imagine this minister exposing his yoruba inferiory complex internationally.Can u imagine??An Hausa man will not even try said such a cowardly statement.

Bigbrother cor Brotherbigs ni. That is how the same yoruba lady was used on an advert to promote South African tourism drive on DSTV saying that South Afica is truly the Giant of Africa.It high time this people started hiding their cowardly and inferior atitude.How there he say south african are my bigbrother,does he even know the meaning of that statement?
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by pluto04(m): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2012
The minister is unministerial! What happened to just brother? Why did he have to add 'big'? The minister is suffering from inferiority complex and is out of his dept!

manchy7531:

That is why i have always said that there are some post that are not right for a Yoruba people to man.imagine this minister exposing his yoruba inferiory complex internationally.Can u imagine??An Hausa man will not even try said such a cowardly statement.

Bigbrother cor Brotherbigs ni. That is how the same yoruba lady was used on an advert to promote South African tourism drive on DSTV saying that South Afica is truly the Giant of Africa.It high time this people started hiding their cowardly and inferior atitude.How there he say south african are my bigbrother,does he even know the meaning of that statement?

When did Ortom become a Yoruba name? Not that Minister's tribe matter but going by your logic, Yoruba are now indigenous to Benue state. Manchy is an insane Igbo man, hallucinating about Yoruba and trying to turn this thread into a Yoruba versus igbo thread.
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by mruknaijaboy(m): 1:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
manchy7531:

You have to admit theyre country is levels ahead of our country in every way, in democracy and infastructure and business and corruption and almost every other thing you can think of,

infact their pretty much ahead of every country in africa so i dont know why nigerians are trying to be so proud to have the title of the giant of africa when he have done nothing to deserve that title, we are the most populous country in africa but we are not the giants of africa, we could be if we had some leaders who care about our country more than there pockets
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by oladayo042: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2012
The result of MTN "Ultimate Wonder". When a foreign company is fooling Nigerians and no agency in Nigeria is working to stop it, the country comes and say "See as we dey dash these lazy Nigerians aeroplanes".
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by kunlejazz(m): 8:52am On Sep 02, 2012
manchy7531:

Bigbrother cor Brotherbigs ni. That is how the same yoruba lady was used on an advert to promote South African tourism drive on DSTV saying that South Afica is truly the Giant of Africa.It high time this people started hiding their cowardly and inferior atitude. How there he say south african are my bigbrother,does he even know the meaning of that statement?

This is very interesting. I didn't imagine what lenghts some pple will go just to be tribalistic. Any right thinking Nigerian knows that name isn't Yoruba but you would rather employ any means to foster hate and bias than google the guy's name to know from where exactly he hails. And don't forget, people wit the most chronic sort of inferiority complex are the ones always attacking, they'll through all their lives make use of every avenue to claim the superiority they will never have, they're confrontational, aggressive ...I hope you know where that puts you.
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by kjhova(m): 9:22am On Sep 02, 2012
I don't know if the Minister should be saying such or not. But what he said is not far from truth!

Take this comparison listed below:

GDP: S/A is a member nation of BRICS while Nigeria is nowhere near that standard yet.
Energy: S/A generates 50,000MW of electricity while Nigeria's 4,500MW!
Fuels: S/A exports refined pet. products while Nigeria imports refined products.
Forces: S/A armed forces basic equipment (guns, ammo, boats, helicopters, tanks, electronic gadgets) are produced locally by Armscor while Nigerian army still use AK-47.
Manufacturing: S/A's industrial output is rated by CIA.org as almost twice d entire African continent including Nigeria.
Investment: J'burg Stock Exchange (JSE) is more capitalized than the rest of subsaharan Africa combined.
Banking: S/A's top two banks; Standard & 1st Rand are bigger than the entire Nigerian banking industry in terms of capital base, reach, turnover & profits. Our StanbicIBTC is owned by Standard.
Brand presence: across Africa, S/A brands have impressive presence (dstv multichoice, shoprite, telcom, eskom, vodacom, mtn, stanbic, protea, kickoff etc). Same cannot be said of so many Nigerian brands. Thou kudos to Dangote, 1st Bank & few that are trying. Sadly, it's tough without the backing of a strong government.

This stats above tell me who is big brother to who. Besides Nigerians chase S/A visa about & I don't see any S/African pushing for a Nigerian visa.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by jidewin(m): 1:48pm On Sep 02, 2012
Kenyanstar: I am sorry to break your heart guys. South africa is BIG in every way. Be it big brother, big economy, big investment, big money, big infrastructure and even big yansh wink lol. Anyway truth be told Nigeria is trailing in every aspect of social, economic and political class except, well, giving birth. The big uncontrolled birth rate aside, Nigeria hasnt moved beyond her borders to establish any big economical invesment outside Nigeria. Compare this to Kenya's superior international offshore investments. Among this investments are:-
-Telecommunication sector (safaricom mobile),
-Financial sector ( Kenya commercial bank in south sudan, Uganda, rwanda etc)
-Supermarket franchises ( Nakumatt hypermarket, Uchumi hypermarket in all east african countries)
-Transport business( simba coach, Mash Auto, Easy coach, Intercontinental Bus company) operating in all east,central and southern African countries.
-Air transport (Kenya airways which is international, Fly 540 which is regional, Easy jet)etc.
This is just a few of the many organizations that the Kenyans have managed to put their interests in.
Lets just say KENYA also plays a big Sister role to nigerias future cheesy
Dude,spot on.Guys, u need to pay at least 2 weeks visit.You go wan sponsor coup for naija.what ignited my anger more,is the fact many of naijas corrupt government officials get PROPERTIES in SA in choice areas.
We should pipe low and allow d dis-honorable minister romance those money bags.At least he dey get e own cut (kickbacks).
As per SA big pass us....even for yansh....my blood pressure almost seize within my first week here from OR Tambo airport. Haaaaa, dem big pass our own true true. Itseke women no fit contest am walai.
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by jidewin(m): 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2012
kj_hova: I don't know if the Minister should be saying such or not. But what he said is not far from truth!

GDP: S/A is a member nation of BRICS while Nigeria is nowhere near that standard yet.
Fuels: S/A exports refined pet. products while Nigeria imports refined products.
Forces: S/A armed forces basic equipment (guns, ammo, boats, helicopters, tanks, electronic gadgets) are produced locally by Armscor while Nigerian army still use AK-47.
Manufacturing: S/A's industrial output is rated by CIA.org as almost twice d entire African continent including Nigeria.
Investment: J'burg Stock Exchange (JSE) is more capitalized than the rest of subsaharan Africa combined.
Banking: S/A's top two banks; Standard & 1st Rand are bigger than the entire Nigerian banking industry in terms of capital base, reach, turnover & profits. Our StanbicIBTC is owned by Standard.
Brand presence: across Africa, S/A brands have impressive presence (dstv multichoice, shoprite, telcom, eskom, vodacom, mtn, stanbic, protea, kickoff etc). Same cannot be said of so many Nigerian brands. Thou kudos to Dangote, 1st Bank & few that are trying. Sadly, it's tough without the backing of a strong government.

This stats above tell me who is big brother to who. Besides Nigerians chase S/A visa about & I don't see any S/African pushing for a Nigerian visa.
A resounding Gbam!!! But will those bunch of rogues in government read this and think? For where??
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by otumfour(m): 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2012
TerryCarr:
all that oil and a majority of the people lives on less then one dollar a day and have the over 160 million people does not help the problem and you damn sure don't have the biggest military, it will be embarrassing to have the biggest military and can't handle a few Islamist and religious riots. it seems when Nigerians are comparing themselves to other nations you say "Nigeria" but if not it's Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba etc sad

bolded!! true story

1 Like

Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by olowo200: 11:21pm On Sep 02, 2012
Most of those blaming the minister have not even stepped out of the shore of this country before i now realise why other african nation always regard our citizen as proud and arrogant yet we have nothing south africa is ahead of nigeria in many ways we have our chance in the 70ths and 80ths when dollar was 1to$1 but we blew it up through corrupt officials and poor leadership .
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by mruknaijaboy(m): 1:25am On Sep 03, 2012
olowo200: Most of those blaming the minister have not even stepped out of the shore of this country before i now realise why other african nation always regard our citizen as proud and arrogant yet we have nothing south africa is ahead of nigeria in many ways we have our chance in the 70ths and 80ths when dollar was 1to$1 but we blew it up through corrupt officials and poor leadership .

bros i fully agree with you
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by deb(m): 5:16am On Sep 03, 2012
DICKtator: Dumb f.uck. Whatever happened to our pride as a nation?Like Nigerians do not have investment in S.A.!!! Even though it is the obvious truth, should we be condescending to attract more investors from S.A?proverbial Esau selling "birthright" to Jacob.
This minister should run to the market and price cassava flakes than spewing this cow dung.
Nigeria is the window of Africa to the world and it shall remain so.
Death to visionless,bigoted and missionless leaders!!!!!!

On a lighter note, I'll assume it was a Freudian slip!!.
grin grin grin grin

My brother thank you for yóur thought o. At least we still have people like you who are far better than the eediots that call themselves leaders. You should not say certain things publicly even if its what you believe.

There is really no national pride anymore? All these fucktards like Sagamite likes to refer to them
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by deb(m): 5:24am On Sep 03, 2012
olowo200: Most of those blaming the minister have not even stepped out of the shore of this country before i now realise why other african nation always regard our citizen as proud and arrogant yet we have nothing south africa is ahead of nigeria in many ways we have our chance in the 70ths and 80ths when dollar was 1to$1 but we blew it up through corrupt officials and poor leadership .

So that is the reason why we should throw our national pride away right? That the whole world is now looking in the direction of investing in Nigeria on its own says a lot about your country. It should put us on the advantage, but with statements like that from the idiotic Mininster, you have just given those asz more reasons to extort Nigeria. Already DSTV just insanely increased their subscription fee. They come here to do things they don't do to other nations becos you have accepted to be 'enslaved' by them in your own country.

And the only thing your reasoning tells you is that some of the people complaining have not stepped out of the nation. I shook my head in disbelieve.
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 03, 2012
Where is south Africa and which part of the world it's from ? embarassed

Pls my phone is allergy to google!
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by lekzy01(m): 8:24am On Sep 03, 2012
otumfour:

bolded!! true story

Mr man, wetin concern u about naija affairs, don't u get forum web in ghana,,oloriburuku,,oya get out of here we don't want u dwarf big head people. undecided
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by SAGirl: 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2012
kj_hova: I don't know if the Minister should be saying such or not. But what he said is not far from truth!

This particular fact is quite shocking, considering that Nigeria's population is over 170M compared to SA's 50M. And South Africa is already struggling with sufficient power supply to everyone... how does Nigeria survive?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by TonySpike: 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
SAGirl:

This particular fact is quite shocking, considering that Nigeria's population is over 170M compared to SA's 50M. And South Africa is already struggling with sufficient power supply to everyone... how does Nigeria survive?
The question isn't, "how does Nigeria survive?" But "why have Nigerians tolerated this mediocrity for long". The city of Johannesburg alone consumes 2,500 MW, while, Durban consumes 1,500 MW. The consumption of these two cities is almost equal to what Nigeria produces for her citizens. Isn't it a big shame to the 'acclaimed' giant of Africa?
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by gst101: 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
SAGirl:

we have generators so that shocking fact does not show our picture
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by gst101: 2:08pm On Sep 03, 2012
@tony spikes. Our unequaled enterprenueral spirit can also pass us as giants.
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by otumfour(m): 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2012
lekzy01:

Mr man, wetin concern u about naija affairs, don't u get forum web in ghana,,oloriburuku,,oya get out of here we don't want u dwarf big head people. undecided

grin grin grin coming from a monkey tht has never in his lifetime experienced constant electricity for 24/7 in 2012grin grin .....get tha furk outta here wit tht filthy arrogance u dey harbor ,P kwashia'ba'kwa.......wo'maame tw3 grin grin grin grin grin grin

there's most def. something abt 'em fumes.....tha generator fumes u monkeys be inhaling grin grin grin grin it ain't helping matters at all........ur government has been shixttin' on y'all for far too long...y'all need to man up and we ain't talking internet tough talk pussies.......... grin grin grin grin

tha generator is the average nigerians best friend grin grin

the sound of a generator makes y'all tick grin grin

I can bet, most of y'all were born on a gen set grin grin grin lmao X 2
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by sambos994(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
otumfour:

grin grin grin coming from a monkey tht has never in his lifetime experienced constant electricity for 24/7 in 2012grin grin .....get tha furk outta here wit tht filthy arrogance u dey harbor ,P kwashia'ba'kwa.......wo'maame tw3 grin grin grin grin grin grin

The f**k did you say?
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by lekzy01(m): 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
otumfour:

there's most def. something abt 'em fumes.....tha generator fumes u monkeys be inhaling grin grin grin grin it ain't helping matters at all........ur government has been shixttin' on y'all for far too long...y'all need to man up and we ain't talking internet tough talk pussies.......... grin grin grin grin

Mr man, ur type is not wanted here on nairaland cos you people are here to disgrace my nation and not to make things easy for us ,the shame will be on u when we get it right in this country and am not in d mood to argue with u. I can't shout mr dwarf big headed man. I can't shout o

Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by lekzy01(m): 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2012
otumfour:

Mr man, ur type is not wanted here on nairaland cos you people are here to disgrace my nation and not to make things easy for us ,the shame will be on u when we get it right in this country and am not in d mood to argue with u. I can't shout mr dwarf big headed man. I can't shout o
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by otumfour(m): 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2012
^^Typical naija boko monkey......can't even quote my post to save his life grin grin

lekzy01:

the shame will be on u when we get it right in this country and am not in d mood to argue with u.

this quote juz sums up nigeria, y'all think progress is gonna come to u for free abi undecided, grin grin grin grin kidnapping is a booming business in ur country, ur clueless leader keeps shinning his ever growing red nose, y'all keep smoking generator fumes and u think all is gonna go well.....keep dreaming boko monkey grin grin grin
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by muffins99(f): 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
otumfour: ^^Typical naija boko monkey......can't even quote my post to save his life grin grin

this quote juz sums up nigeria, y'all think progress is gonna come to u for free abi undecided, grin grin grin grin kidnapping is a booming business in ur country, ur clueless leader keeps shinning his ever growing red nose, y'all keep smoking generator fumes and u think all is gonna go well.....keep dreaming boko monkey grin grin grin

Otumfour...I'm not being sarcastic when I say that I'm pleased for you that your country does not have the issues that Nigeria currently has...No bokoharam, no generators, no GEJ with shinny nose cheesy...but please can you leave this topic for nigerians to discuss. You have made your opinions very clear and I don't think that you need say anymore. Leave us to our pride and hope, however foolish you may think them and remember that (not too long ago) your country wasn't the oasis in the desert that you now proudly proclaim it to be...

1 Like

Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by bigmaut: 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2012
True talk,since nigeria as an elder brother has refuse to grow our baby brothers namely malaysia,singapore,s/korea,ghana,& S/africa are growing into Giants cry cry cry cry
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by 4chi: 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2012
South Africa is White boys land so you homeland living Zulus should shut the hell up.ten years down the line you'll be just another Zimbabwe or even worse.BE VERY AFRAID

1 Like

Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2013
gst101: what are nigerias investments in SA? Which nigerian companies are there?
hair salons downtown where they sell cocaine and weed too undecided
Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
4chi: South Africa is White boys land so you homeland living Zulus should shut the hell up.ten years down the line you'll be just another Zimbabwe or even worse.BE VERY AFRAID
but zimbabwe looks like this...its not bad either undecided what does abuja/lagos look like again grin

Re: South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister by TerryCarr(m): 4:52am On Feb 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: but zimbabwe looks like this...its not bad either undecided what does abuja/lagos look like again grin
having buildings does not mean your doing fine tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now / Clerk’s Appointment: N’assembly Service Commission Rejects Saraki’s Directive / Fake EFCC Official Arrested At Adamawa State House Of Assembly (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.