Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Israel Is On Their Own If They Attack Iran - Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Is On Their Own If They Attack Iran - Obama (522 Views)

Israel`s Attack On Sudan Proves Israel Will Never Attack Iran / How I Wish China Could Declare War On Any Country That Attack Iran / Israel On Stand-by To Attack Iran! Recipe For 3rd World war? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Israel Is On Their Own If They Attack Iran - Obama by citizenisb: 3:28pm On Aug 31, 2012
Top US soldier: “I don’t want to be complicit” if Israel attacks Iran
But this time, talking to journalists in London, he added impatiently: “I don't want to be complicit if they [Israel] choose to do it."

Dempsey then astonished his audience by saying he did not know Iran's nuclear intentions, “as intelligence did not reveal intentions.” What was clear, he said, was that the "international coalition" applying pressure on Iran "could be undone if [Iran] was attacked prematurely."
Sanctions against Iran were having an effect, he said, and they should be given a reasonable opportunity to succeed.

The general’s timing on this assertion was unfortunate. As he spoke, the International Atomic Energy Agency reported a 31-percent jump in Iran’s 20 percent enriched uranium to 189.4 kilograms from 145 in May.

http://debka.com/article/22322/Top-US-soldier-“I-don’t-want-to-be-complicit”-if-Israel-attacks-Iran

(1) (Reply)

Police Use Taser On Blind Man, Thinking His Cane Was Samurai Sword / US Election Update / Ghana Election 2012 - Early Voting Begins As The Nation Votes On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.