Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Internet/social Network Sites Are Destroying Academic Performance Of Nigerians? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Internet/social Network Sites Are Destroying Academic Performance Of Nigerians? (5770 Views)

Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing / RSUST Expels 366 For Poor Academic Performance. / Solution To Poor Academic Performance In The Nigeria Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Internet/social Network Sites Are Destroying Academic Performance Of Nigerians? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 01, 2012
Sometimes when I sit back and analyze the pros and cons of social networking sites like facebook, 2go, badoo, twitter, smiggle, BBM, etc on our Nigerian society, I just weep cos these internet technologies have more adverse effect on the level of Nigerian students' academic performance due to less time students now devote to studying/reading their books when compared to the lion share of their time which is happily dedicated to chatting and networking on the internet via social networking sites.

An average Nigerian student spends 2/3 of his/her time browsing or chatting with friends and people he/she don't even know than reading his/her book.

This generally has affected the Nigerian peoples' reading habit. For instance, many Nigerians in the past buy novels and read to pass time and to entertain themselves, but that culture is gradually going into extinction cos youths now prefer to chat on social networking sites than reading their books.

Our government needs to do something soon, cos this Internet technology seem to be doing Nigerians more harm than good. Even employees now spend more time networking online than on doing their paid jobs.

Now, do you agree that social networking sites are gradually killing academic performance of Nigerian students? If no, give reason to back your claims. And lastly, how has this technology affected your performance as a student or as an employee?

Goodmorning and happy new month to you all in anticipation of your sincere responses.

1 Like

Re: Internet/social Network Sites Are Destroying Academic Performance Of Nigerians? by Obinnau(m): 11:33am On Sep 01, 2012
DailyNews: Sometimes when I sit back and analyze the pros and cons of social networking sites like facebook, 2go, badoo, twitter, smiggle, BBM, etc on our Nigerian society, I just weep cos these internet technologies have more adverse effect on the level of Nigerian students' academic performance due to less time students now devote to studying/reading their books when compared to the lion share of their time which is happily dedicated to chatting and networking on the internet via social networking sites.

An average Nigerian student spends 2/3 of his/her time browsing or chatting with friends and people he/she don't even know than reading his/her book.

This generally has affected the Nigerian peoples' reading habit. For instance, many Nigerians in the past buy novels and read to pass time and to entertain themselves, but that culture is gradually going into extinction cos youths now prefer to chat on social networking sites than reading their books.

Our government needs to do something soon, cos this Internet technology seem to be doing Nigerians more harm than good. Even employees now spend more time networking online than on doing their paid jobs.

Now, do you agree that social networking sites are gradually killing academic performance of Nigerian students? If no, give reason to back your claims. And lastly, how has this technology affected your performance as a student or as an employee?

Goodmorning and happy new month to you all in anticipation of your sincere responses.
i dont have anything to add to it cos i could say helped in my downfall
Re: Internet/social Network Sites Are Destroying Academic Performance Of Nigerians? by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 01, 2012
Obinnau: i dont have anything to add to it cos i could say helped in my downfall

how bro? pls elaborate for others to learn, thanks and happy new month!

(1) (Reply)

Contemporary 2 Bedroom Block Of Flats Architectural Design. / Ooni, Others Bag Awards As EKSU Holds Convocation(read Details) / 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.