Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

WHERE is Ebonyi State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WHERE is Ebonyi State (1520 Views)

/ Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? / Is Ebonyi State More Viable Than Anambra And Abia?---IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHERE is Ebonyi State by wazobia55: 11:08am On Sep 01, 2012
Visited the state some days ago, and shed tears for my home land. As nothing is on ground, people still leave in big poverty, no infrastructure, no electricity supply, primary school pupils still pay owo idagba soke' development levie' I ask where is MDGs happening in other state. See fustration in the faces of the people . Can someone tell me what is really the problem in this state . The salt of the nation.
Re: WHERE is Ebonyi State by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:16am On Sep 01, 2012
wazobia55: Visited the state some days ago, and shed tears for my home land. As nothing is on ground, people still leave in big poverty, no infrastructure, no electricity supply, primary school pupils still pay owo idagba soke' development levie' I ask where is MDGs happening in other state. See fustration in the faces of the people . Can someone tell me what is really the problem in this state . The salt of the nation.

^^^On the bolded: same thing that's the problem with Abia state- the visionless/tired/rudderless leadership, and the uninterested/gullible electorate.

Serves both states right!.....They don't have my sympathy!
Re: WHERE is Ebonyi State by PaulJohn1: 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2012
@post, I'll put the blame on the leadership of the state. Of course, a state doesn't get developed over night, but if the government is at least doing the little it is capable of, it'll get better someday. We can all testify to the seriousness of governors like Fashola, osho and okorocha compared to their predecessor. The future of the people lies in their hand, they have the power to put capable people in the leadership seat of the state. But our people are not so enlightened to see all these, they collect #1000 and cast their vote for thieves and incompetent figure heads. The gap between the development of Imo and Abia wasn't that much some years back, but right now it's very wide. It's because of one thinking governor and the other clueless.

They can say Ebonyi has little source of income, but no matter how little the revenue of a state is if the government is thinking right, it'll get it right with time. My state(state of Osun) is a typical example, wasn't so different from yours in term of development. People might say the development is slow, but the present government is by far better than the guy there before, in term of development and amenities.

In summary, I think our people better assess an aspirant, from past records and not from little change they get from them, before giving them a bigger assignment of governing a state.

#freeteamgarri
Re: WHERE is Ebonyi State by achi4u(m): 12:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
Inasmuchas am not here to praise the Ebonyi govt,the picture you painted is not true.
First,I want you to tell us the part of Ebonyi state you're from,because the last time l check the contigent of Ebonyi secondary school debate is representing Nigeria in far away Turky(twice they hav represented).

Each LG in the state have what we called Mobile Schools.
What about the 16unity bridges the gov is building?
Hve you been to new govt secretariat(ochudo city)?
Ebbc digital F.M radio remain the best is SE
....Do I need to go into details about what is in Ebonyi?
guy you not from Ebonyi
Re: WHERE is Ebonyi State by achi4u(m): 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2012
I just check your profile and found out that you probably registered this morning or last night and your first topic is where is Ebonyi state,if you don't know what to post then read other peoples post and comments and move on___instead showing your lowlife and your imaturity.
Just look at urself on the mirror and spit to your face.

usu na enwero ebe oso eso
Re: WHERE is Ebonyi State by UCyril: 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2012
wazobia55: Visited the state some days ago, and shed tears for my home land. As nothing is on ground, people still leave in big poverty, no infrastructure, no electricity supply, primary school pupils still pay owo idagba soke' development levie' I ask where is MDGs happening in other state. See fustration in the faces of the people . Can someone tell me what is really the problem in this state . The salt of the nation.
.come did u say no electricity supply,abeg were? because i stay in abakaliki and we re enjoying steady power supply there.
Re: WHERE is Ebonyi State by PaulJohn1: 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
@achi4u, we better stop the self deceit and be factual.
We bragging on lies is not going to change anything, we better criticize now and know where we're lagging.

Here is a thread you created yourself about Ebonyi, Abakaliki specifically.
https://www.nairaland.com/1010260/abakaliki-pictures
And you think those pix there are worth bragging of?
When a state capital is like that, what should be expected of towns which have lesser attention from government in that state? I'm from state of Osun, and I can't boast of the state in term of development compared to states like Lagos, Edo, Bauchi and my be Imo.
I just laugh at threads where people display how deceived they are.
I created a thread some time, for people who wishes to visit the state
https://www.nairaland.com/1011191/oshogbo-state-osun-pix
My bro, our states are not worth been proud of when it comes to development. Let's be real.
It's not our fault but that of our governors who go there to chop money and nothing more. It's just few of them that know what they're there for and have the benefit of their people in mind.
Re: WHERE is Ebonyi State by PaulJohn1: 2:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
U.Cyril:
.come did u say no electricity supply,abeg were? because i stay in abakaliki and we re enjoying steady power supply there.

I doubt that too, may be he meant inner villages
Re: WHERE is Ebonyi State by achi4u(m): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2012
Thank you Pual John for your good analysis but the way he vehemently potriat his post shows his not from the state.
I saw your tread on Osogbo the Osun State Capital,really ur state capital looks neat and well planned to some sort.Atleast,another capable and vissonable govoner will surly do more to all adjoining cities of Osun state.

@op where are you,you just registered today with a new post you cannot address?
Am not in anyway bashing you...

The most annoying part is that of electricity.na wa o!

(1) (Reply)

Plan For Removal Of Subsidy Is An Opportunity For Revolution / Former Ikeja Council Boss, Toyin Hamzat, Murdered / BBC Recognizes Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.