Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil (19908 Views)

Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH / Anambra 2013: Say No To Handing Over Anambra State To Fidelity Bank / Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by apala911: 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
Governor Peter Obi and three former governors of Anambra State are locked in a battle of wits over who should take the credit for its new status as an oil producing state.

President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday officially inaugurated the exploitation of crude oil by the Orient Petroleum Resources Ltd in the state.

The event formally ushered Anambra into the league of oil producing states in the country.

During the event, each of the three former governors made speeches that were clearly intended to draw attention to their individual contributions to the oil exploration project.

One of the former governors, Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju, told the gathering that he set up the committee that established Orient Petroleum, appointed its first board and secured a licence for it to exploit oil in 2002.

While Mbadinuju insisted that he deserved to be given the credit for conceiving the vision, his successor, Dr. Chris Ngige, who was at the ceremony, said, “My administration invited investors from far and wide when we made public the shares of Orient Petroleum and it was chaired by Chief Emeka Anyaoku at Tourist Garden Hotel Awka.

“On that day we made a draft of N100m and promised to make available substantial amount of money when all the paper works had been concluded.

“But I must add that the revenue accruing from oil should be used judiciously and to provide social security for the people of Anambra State and host communities.

“I call it wonderful. It is a great day for Anambra State and the beginning of a long journey towards transformation of our state. Oil can be a blessing and can also be a curse. But let it be only blessing to our dear state.

“Anambra should utilise such a great achievement effectively, such that in the next six to eight years it will not need a kobo to run the recurrent expenditure of the state.”

Another former governor of the state, Mrs. Virgy Etiaba, thanked God for the realisation of the project and said she did not relent in her efforts to sustain it during her three-month tenure.

In his speech, a former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, said Orient Petroleum would jump start aggressive and strategic socio-economic development of the state.

“I pray that the production of oil would also create a friendly environment in our state and I urge those involved in this to see it as a challenge in liberating the economic status of the state from what it is now to higher level. That is why I say it is wonderful,” he said.
http://www.punchng.com/news/ex-govs-obi-fight-over-anambra-oil/
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by manny4life(m): 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
What does it really matter who should take credit for it's status as oil producing state? Isn't governance all about transferring unfinished business to the next government? I think all three share the credit, period. Someone started the journey, ground work and then the foundation, and the final touches and now the finished goods (oil producing state with refinery), I think that's all that matters.

BOTTOM LINE, Anambra is working, Anambra has come a long way, and has set a great precedence for other SE states to follow. Let Anambra continue to strive for the best and nothing less, as well as SE in general, I wish everyone including the government(s) the best.

7 Likes

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by mamikky: 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2012
Mtchewwwww!!!
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Caseless: 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2012
Dis is wat dis leaders wil do wen biafra is realised. They'l fight over anythin..greedy men! Wait ooo..na d kogi oil de cause dz saga? Whch kind wahala b diz? Make una free dis tin 4 d owners na?

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Onlytruth(m): 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2012
I'm very proud that this project was initiated by one Anambra governor, was invested in, nurtured and worked on by at least two more subsequent governors before current governor Peter Obi. It was not discarded out of jealousy by subsequent governors as is usually the case in Nigeria.

Anambra remains the light of the nation. I'm very proud. cool

17 Likes

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Abagworo(m): 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
I always knew it was Mbadinuju that did it and Anambra State university as well. Agbacha oso agua mile though.
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by asha80(m): 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
Abagworo: I always knew it was Mbadinuju that did it and Anambra State university as well. Agbacha oso agua mile though.

it makes no difference as government is supposed to be a continuum.obi even acknowledges it too.
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Dainfamous: 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
those ex useless governors should shut their mouth, obi is the man that made it happen.

see pixs of GEJ and[b] emeka anyaoku [/b]talking the way forward at orient petrol facilities in Aguleri and our able minister behind cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Dainfamous: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2012
Here is GEJ in SABMiller opens new $100m brewery in onitsha

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Abagworo(m): 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2012
Rochas na correct guyman.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by bashr8: 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2012
who cares which of the governors that started it , the most important thing is that its complete after all its a private investment, congratulations to anambra once again , the punch should spend more time educating nigerians on how to invest more in their country rather than trying to stare up confusion, stupid journalism , nigeria have the laziest journalist in the world and the worst news papers.

6 Likes

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Dainfamous: 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2012
I am proud of NdiIgbos am proud of Anambra. This has marked a new era in Nigeria. I bet you, this Orient refinery will be completed in record time and will be the only functioning refinery in Nigeria with 80% of the technology being Igbo’s. The inauguration of Onitsha port is another land mark. Igbos were denied this for about 30years since Shagari started it in 1983. Now no one can hold the hand of God. I’m sure very soon Lagos will be the ghost of its own as it will witness mass exodus from it to our blessed/promised land. Congrats the JEWS of Africa....

21 Likes

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by AustineE1: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
bashr8: who cares which of the governors that started it , the most important thing is that its complete after all its a private investment, congratulations to anambra once again , the punch should spend more time educating nigerians on how to invest more in their country rather than trying to stare up confusion, stupid journalism , nigeria have the laziest journalist in the world and the worst news papers.
Dude,Yoruba(Yoruba)press has killed journalism in Nigeria with there 'school boy press',very lazy and slippery people who wld rather sit in an owambe (party) and insinuate news filld with hate,just to spite on others!ThankGod time is now catching up on them and there criminal gangs!...btw,they are they only people that take pills for other peoples illness!while there communities are ravaged by influenza!thankGod we know them in and out,and always ready for any of there misguided utterances!same reason while the North is harnessing Kogi,Kwara and some part of Ibadan,while the Ijaws are lording over the minority ishekiris and are tending closer,making Osun endangered,while the igbos have there eyes on occupying Lagos and its environs and keeping it as there own!and they choose to stay online and claim cyber warriors.

19 Likes

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Dainfamous: 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
GEJ IN ROYAL PALACE with OBI OF ONITSHA NNAEMEKA ACHEBE

GEJ AND OBI OF ONITSHA

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 02, 2012
It has begun lipsrsealed

The Real Igbo vs Fake Igbo part II.

Thank the God of Oyel lipsrsealed
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 02, 2012
Da infamous: I am proud of NdiIgbos am proud of Anambra. This has marked a new era in Nigeria. I bet you, this Orient refinery will be completed in record time and will be the only functioning refinery in Nigeria with 80% of the technology being Igbo’s. The inauguration of Onitsha port is another land mark. Igbos were denied this for about 30years since Shagari started it in 1983. Now no one can hold the hand of God. I’m sure very soon Lagos will be the ghost of its own as it will witness mass exodus from it to our blessed/promised land. Congrats the JEWS of Africa....
even the isrealites they deny this claim... lmfao grin grin grin
jokes apart, una be jews tru tru? una go knw jesus o grin
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 02, 2012
wat does an igbo oil thread has to do with yoruba and the Yoruba people? i dont quite get how they are related. dawg, yall need ur head examine. shhit is ridiculous
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by akpunku1: 12:44am On Sep 02, 2012
sorry how does that affect the price of a barrel of oil in the market?

Oga Seun i no talk garri oo,

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 02, 2012
Donlittle: wat does an igbo oil thread has to do with yoruba and the Yoruba people? i dont quite get how they are related. dawg, yall need ur head examine. shhit is ridiculous
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Scream(m): 12:44am On Sep 02, 2012
****Was Ngige's regime not illegal? Someone that stole the people's mandate...why do they still refer to him as a former governor? His performance in a position he got into through the back door is no justification for such respect IMO.
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Chanchit: 12:55am On Sep 02, 2012
Wtf is going on here, i was the first person to comment on this news, and my comment has been hidden... I think this Igbo guys r getting into Seuns head with their ranting, i've been seeing " ofenmanu, ofenmanu" up and down, they are feeling happy, if i talk my own, they will start callin Seun Seun, i dunno y u guys can't tolerate anything...

#shun tribal intolerance#
#let there be freedom of speech#

4 Likes

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Chanchit: 1:03am On Sep 02, 2012
Pls let there be freedom of speech, one tribe can not come here and dictate how we talk on NL, afterall they said they many on NL, i dunno y u can't win an argument with your majority instead of always calling the mod'..

If i can't say my mind in reality #though i always say my mind# why should i not be able to say it on a faceless forum... Anybody is free to jump into the lagoon for all i care, if they feel they've read an insultive comment..

#shun tribal intolerance#
#let there be freedom of speech#

4 Likes

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 02, 2012
When will the youths and the communities start their own fight with the oyel company ? Ijaw people don open people eye sha. grin
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by ozodimgba(m): 1:04am On Sep 02, 2012
onye ji ife nwata wenie ya elu aka jie nya owetue is a saying in swahili language meaning detiny can be delayed but cant be denied Buhehehehehe. Una know every now.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by ozodimgba(m): 1:09am On Sep 02, 2012
Chanchit: Wtf is going on here, i was the first person to comment on this news, and my comment has been hidden... I think this Igbo guys r getting into Seuns head with their ranting, i've been seeing " ofenmanu, ofenmanu" up and down, they are feeling happy, if i talk my own, they will start callin Seun Seun, i dunno y u guys can't tolerate anything...

Do u know why poeple call him Osama Bin Laden ehh? It is becoz he dont tolerate thank u.
Re: Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 02, 2012
Donlittle: wat does an igbo oil thread has to do with yoruba and the Yoruba people? i dont quite get how they are related. dawg, yall need ur head examine. shhit is ridiculous

Why do you guys misbehave when it comes to money matter ? Maybe it's because greed is a deformity in your gene.

You threw 2 insults and i retaliated with 2. Mods,case settled. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Delta Government Delegation Visits Ese Oruru's Family In Bayelsa State (photos) / Ekitigate: Saharareporters Floors Former Minister Obanikoro In New York Court / Adamawa Supplementary Elections Postponed Indefinitely - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.