Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,120 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig (8606 Views)

Nokia C6, Nokia N96 And Nokia N95 8gb For Sale / Hack Wifi On Nokia N95 / Nokia N95 8gb(fake)- Masterpiece Of Deception! **images resized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by 2dye4(m): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2008
bin thinkin on buying one of these new toys recently, got an offer for the iphone @ N105k frm a friend that just got back but then i spotted the nokia n95 8gig @ park n shop and it was smashing! the big screen was a major attraction since i have alot of imaging and gaming needs. reviews have read shows the iphone is indeed a beautiful piece of work (status symbol), very good interface and navigation but not very functional ( no bluetooth, infra red, sms forwarding, 2 megapixel cam etc). the n95 8gig is however more functional from the reviews have read about it (its about N95 k). am seeking opinions frm anyone currently using any of these phones on their experience with it. am thinkin more on in nokia line . thanks wink
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by DualCore1: 2:42pm On Jan 04, 2008
the iPhone is not a 3g phone
iPhone doesn't run on Symbian but on Mac
iPhone's bluetooth only supports its headset, forget about bluetooth transfers with it
before u install apps on the iphone u must do a jail break before even u install the app that would be used to do the complex process of installing apps, how nice! undecided

compare these links
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n95_8gb-2088.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone-1827.php
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by naijafan(m): 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2008
even if you really want to go for the iphone, i'll not advice u to purchase it for 105k. The standard nigerian cost is 80k even tho its sold unlockd for $400 internationally. At slot, it costs 100k. Tell ur friend dat he's a . . .

That aside, what good is it to get a phone dat limits you? Unlockd phones cant enjoy firmware upgrades from apple, so bye bye to new features. 2MP camera witout flash, wats dat? A co worker bought it at 80k and sold it off at 52k within 2 weeks.

Dont do somthn u'll regret.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by DualCore1: 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2008
iphone and vista have something in common lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by topeteadr(m): 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2008
U don't even nid to think, go 4 the NOKIA N95.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by naijafan(m): 3:02pm On Jan 04, 2008
i actualy dont think they do.

The iphone is d first product of a successful coy wit a near-monopoly in portable music players wit lots to learn in the mobile phone biz.

Vista is the most recent operating system from a software giant

How ironic!
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by DualCore1: 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2008
both are technological misharps. at least for now
capiche? wink
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by 2dye4(m): 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2008
thanks guys, i never knew the iphone had that much complications, and the price? well i guess my friend was trying to use jand hype 4me.  any word on n95?
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by DualCore1: 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2008
n95 does not have nothing, it has something, in fact everything. only problem i see which isnt a problem to u but is to me is the . . . u know now, the money!!! kai! 95k. add small on top i go buy another Dual Core grin
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by naijafan(m): 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2008
@2dye4
If u're in lagos right nw, i cld help u get it for 85k.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by topeteadr(m): 3:56pm On Jan 04, 2008
The latest price 4 n95 probably shouldnt be more than #87k.
Coz a friend of mine told me he got his 4 #85k.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2008
darn you, all pretentionists who claim the iphone sux. sure its not windows mobile, it doesnt let you edit excel/word/pdf. but who the heck wants to anyway? on a screen that tiny? wots your lappy for?

see the iphone is for a certain class of people who love digital media, and if you love your digital music you probably have itunes (hey, its free) therefore you dont really need to transfer files and stuff over bluetooth.

iphone is not blackberry and it dosnt pretend or want to be: its not for business suits, its for the rest of us. its entertainment.

and lord knows 2megapixel is more than enough for me, i dont send the same sms to lots of people, we dont have proper 3g in naija (mtn sux) and even when we do you can bet your bollocks it will be meter-charged and throttled. so im ok wit the features on the iphone for now. remember thius is the first apple fone so we shouldnt expect it to make calls, send sms, run Maya, and bake bread. lets wait for the second generation. even nokia didnt get it right wit their first symbian smartphone (no memory card, tiny inbuilt memory, no video).

and who told you you cant upgrade an unlocked iphone? if you use simfree.app, you can safely update up to 1.1.2 without bricking it, if you use anysim.app, simply revirginize it after upgrading by adding http://i.unlock.no in apptapp's sources and getin the revirginizer and then running anysim.

hey, i unlock iphones for a hobby (actually ive done only 2). AND I LIKE THE PHONE.
so if you must beam files via bluetooth, get a nokia. else just STFU.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by topeteadr(m): 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2008
@neoteny, shut da fcu!< up. The iphone sucks, no matter what.
That phone is way 2 complicated. . . . . . , what if i dont hv an internet conn, then the phone wuld be of no use coz i cant download songs to my phone using itunes.
Nokia rocks. . . . . , and it's the best.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by MrInfo1(m): 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2008
I was at ikeja today (computer village) I met one of my old friend, imagine he was ready to sell N95 for 42k I wasn't expecting it that cheap but I still toke time to test the phone for about 30 minute, and I find nothing wrong with the phone. Am still surprise 42k  undecided

Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by topeteadr(m): 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2008
Infobaba, beware!!!., , , ur friend can betray u and sell u a fufu phone. . . . . . . . . , infobaba, dont say i didn't warn u.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by MrInfo1(m): 5:56pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ ope_teadr

nah am wiser than he is wink
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by topeteadr(m): 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2008
k.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by efuah(f): 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2008
infobaba:

nah am wiser than he is wink
so ur friend is a fool abi grin am off! tongue
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by MrInfo1(m): 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2008
You took those words right out of my Butt kiss
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Tats(m): 6:17pm On Jan 04, 2008
I've got the Iphone and even with all the "effizy", I sometimes miss my nokia 6680 (not even N95)!. I wanted a new camera and thought I would not need to buy one again after buying the iphone but i was wrong. So I still had to buy a camera. The N95 has a lot of functions but at least, I have been able to do away with my mp3 and carry only two gadgets (iphone and nokia 6630) as against three (Nokia 6680, 6630 and an mp3). So it has helped me to reduce what I carry in my pocket.

Overall, I am enjoying the iphone and hope they send updates fast. If I had bought the N95, I would still have felt that I was missing something by not having the iphone, so I have no regrets. One thing though. I have not been able to transfer my contacts from Lotus notes to the iphone so I have to manually type all my contacts in the iphone (A pain I would say!)
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by naijafan(m): 6:18pm On Jan 04, 2008
calm down neoteny. your blood dey hot grin

i was enjoying your post until it got to the stage where you compared it with Nokia's first symbian phone. . . men, that's bullsh*t. So if i decide to go into laptop manufacturing today and make one with 2GB hard disk, you'd say 'well, its his first one. . . lets buy it and hope it gets better.' DUH!

the iPhone was meant to be a business phone. that's why it incorporates a comprehensive email client that supports IMAP. That's blackberryish  wink. Your rants about 2MP camera and other sub-features being enough for you was the same thing i heard from my co-worker who bought it sometimes ago. I guess you know the end of the story.

Nobody is telling anyone not to buy the iPhone. Believe me, if the iPhone went for 50k or much less, then i'll have nothing against it. At least, i dont complain when people purchase Samsung handsets cheesy. The poster asked a question comparing the iPhone with the N95 8GB. . .we answered and adviced. Now, will you still go ahead and advice him to buy the iPhone even after he stated his likes and dislikes while comparing both phones?

Put some reasoning wink
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by MrInfo1(m): 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Tats

I can feel your pain  angry

@ all
i took the picture above today with My N73 (3.15 Mega pixels) then i wonder how clear N95 (5 Mega pixels) camera would be

click here to compare both N95 and iphone
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by naijafan(m): 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2008
@infobaba
touche. you might be surprised o. no be by megapixel. That just depicts the size of the picture with in turn increases the amount of detail that can be seen at 100% size. by the way. the N95-1 has a problem with the way it renders images due to the 'edge enhancement' algorithm it uses. This makes the pictures look unreal. For instance, if you take a picture of someone standing in a feild, the result would look like the person was cut out and placed on that background. I guess this issue as been corrected in the N95-3 tho.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by MrInfo1(m): 10:37pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ naijafan

*********** claping ************** you sabi about phones pass gsmarena.com way they teach us abi? according to what our teacher (gsmarena.com) reviewd, am right so also are you.
N73 Camera 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels
N95 Camera 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2008
@naijafan

it was exactly my reasoning i put up which you seem to have prob;lems with, but i guess its due to faulty comprehension on your part. my rant was directed at all the folks who insist on comparing the iphone to highend business devices.

iphone is part of apples digital life revolution as an extension to iLife (not just the suite). of course it has imap! that doesnt make it a business gadget since it doesnt support enterprise mail servers. try it out with MS Exchange or BES and goodluck.

its got imap because of yahoo push email, and its got pop3 support but then even nokia series 40 phones have some basic pop support. so having email support doesnt mean its target are the business suits, ok. business types don't want to sync photos and tunes and videos and podcasts. they just want to edit office docs and get corporate emails. 

remember its a widescreen ipod with phone built in, and the ipod is a mass market consumer entertainment device and and that is apple's niche: digital enetertainment.

once you are able to grasp that point, you will understand further that blackberry and iphone occupoy two different market sub segments.

sure im ok with 2mp. maybe its because i have a 7mp cybershot. or maybe im not really into taking photos with my phone.

also thge iphone may not have gps. but i don't see how that is a loss. i have it on my e90 but i can't understand what i have it for. i don't go hiking and latitudes and lontitudes and what the heck they mean aint my worry.

these are my opinions.

so if you want gps, 5mp camera, bluetooth FTP, the dated series 60 interface and plastic buttons then go for the N95.  but if you really want great digital photos, lovely videos, fabulous music, a cool user interface, desktop class aplications, a sweet browser and a work of art go for the iphone.

if you want a portable windows experience (with all its crashes and bugs) buy a windows mobile 6 device.

if you want corporate email, buy a blackberry.

if you just want to phone, dammit, then get a 3310!

and just in case you are wondering im a member of apple developer connection registered as neoteny. check the members list. i work with Cocoa and dashcode.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by MrInfo1(m): 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2008
This forum is moderated, so please read the rules before posting. Thanks!
Common errors include 3310, bad Iphone, and blackberry.
Always search before posting: old topics must not be repeated.
N95 RULES

grin
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2008
@tope

the iphone is very easy to use. if you find it complicated then i suggest you get a brain transplant. i dont think you even own one.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by MrInfo1(m): 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2008
Unused brain for sell o o oo grin
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2008
infobaba

hahaha grin
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2008
@infobaba

he doesnt need virgin brains, get him one with some mileage. an empty brain is precisely what is currently plaguing him. "the iphone is complicated". pah!!
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by MrInfo1(m): 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2008
I was only adverting my product oo grin
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by texazzpete(m): 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2008
I'm shocked someone here says the iphone is too complicated. So big shiny icons are too complicated for you abi?

The iphone rocks a 624Mhz ARM processor and a powerVR 3d chip, so it should be able to pump out graphics superior to the Nokia N95 if need be. also it runs a mobile version of Mac OSX, and with the Apple SDK coming out in february you can be sure the explosion of apps coming to the phone.

The iphone costs $400. The N95 costs $700. go figure!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unable To Create Cwm Recovery / Glo Is Still Offering Promo Despite Promo Ban / Techno Phantom Z- Full Specifications, Features And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.