Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,474 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:21 AM

Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees (32130 Views)

MIRACLE! After 12 Years Of Barrenness, Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets - Photos / Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / Driver's Wife Delivers Quadruplets In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

No, the men are the DRIVERS of this madness. If the women don't comply, they'll be thrown out before you can say "Jack Robinson" and they'll be stigmatized by society. They'll be society's outcasts.

So it's more a case of, "If you can't beat them, join them."

No, the men would not be able to continue this nonsense if the women don't act as ENABLERs. . . is more out there were rejected by their wives, they would have to go elsewhere to find these "heirs" they are looking for and if it was more trouble than it is today, you would have lesser and lesser cases of it. But because the women act as ENABLER society continues to roll in this cycle.

This is where "it takes two . . . " comes to mind. Men cannot give themselves sons on their own. Women have to give them those sons. If the women say NO . . the man is forced to accept whatever is available to him. But unfortunately the society has women as ENABLERS that a woman feels her worth is in the number of sons she can give the man to keep him.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 4:22pm On Sep 03, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Before we can get anywhere with this debate of female/male children, we must first get rid of the idea that male children are "Heirs". . .I mean what does that make female children? "Spares"?

what are they if they are not heirs? you want to rewrite history?

Even Royal Families with real titles and kingdoms to pass down aren't particular about Male "Heirs" not to talk of some Joe Somebody from Iyana somewhere in Nowhere Nigeria.

only in the absence of the male child.....of course, when there's no male child to pass the baton, the female child becomes the wonderful spare to deploy to keep the family tree in power!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2012
coogar:

what are they if they are not heirs? you want to rewrite history?

only in the absence of the male child.....of course, when there's no male child to pass the baton, the female child becomes the wonderful spare to deploy to keep the family tree in power!

I don talk am! Deep down, you Coogar, are no different from that wielder of a man! shocked shocked shocked

Kobojunkie:

No, the men would not be able to continue this nonsense if the women don't act as ENABLERs. . . is more out there were rejected by their wives, they would have to go elsewhere to find these "heirs" they are looking for and if it was more trouble than it is today, you would have lesser and lesser cases of it. But because the women act as ENABLER society continues to roll in this cycle.

This is where "it takes two . . . " comes to mind. Men cannot give themselves sons on their own. Women have to give them those sons. If the women say NO . . the man is forced to accept whatever is available to him. But unfortunately the society has women as ENABLERS that a woman feels her worth is in the number of sons she can give the man to keep him.

Ideally, yes.

Realistically, No.

Afterall, as far as the Nigerian society / culture is concerned, it's a man's world and his word is ALL. angry angry angry
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:
I don talk am! Deep down, you Coogar, are no different from that wielder of a man! shocked shocked shocked

yes now -
even the english people that sold us civilization has prince charles as the heir apparent, if he abdicates it, it goes straight to prince william. yes, they are not different from the ibadan welder as well! make una dey deceive unaselves!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
tongue
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Ideally, yes.

Realistically, No.

Afterall, as far as the Nigerian society / culture is concerned, it's a man's world and his word is ALL. angry angry angry

It is very realistic. I don't know how informed you are of American history. Back in the 1600/1700. Women were also regarded in the same way. Women were mainly property. It used to be a man's world too, and we don't have to go much into the history of the salem witch hunt to understand how women who revolted were immediately labelled witches and executed. But overtime, those Enablers stood their ground and say no more. . . what you have today is a result of their choosing to turn things around. There are still places like in Utah where women maintain that second-class existence as you find in Nigeria, but situation is not unique to Nigeria and your idea of it and has been conquered elsewhere and also can, by the women, in Nigeria if they want to.

This knack you have to want to blame it all on the men, as if the women are somehow imbeci_les does not help at all. If you really believe these women are too dumb to change their own situation, I ask you this, do we really want to give more imbeci_les power in our society? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Pgent1(m): 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
na wa 4 dis man energy o,4th issue were twins and last issue were quads,i suggest d man semen shuld be preservd in lab 4 fertility purpose
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by sucezTP(f): 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2012
ayobase:

Atleast we have NL e-helpers!

Of course....let the majority raise funds for them..
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by muffins99(f): 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
coogar:

the ovary chooses what fertilises it. the theory that the spermhead that wins the race to the ovary fertilises it is false. in actual fact, millions of spermheads get to the ovary at the same time and the ovaries assess what each has got and it carefully chooses what is compatible with it!

how's that for a tutorial, efe? grin

It is obvious that you are talking rubbish... last time I checked the ovum (egg) not the ovary is what is fertilised. The ovary is where the ovum is produced and fertilisation takes place after the ovum has been released from the ovary...please don't come here to broadcast your .... undecided undecided grin

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

This has nothing to do with life but selfishness on the part of those who feel it is OK to drag souls into this world . . . more than they can care for. That is GREED and nothing more.

Well said! I wonder what would have happened if people actually paid for babies that are born. Everyone's eyes would clear by force! Including those with 5 kids already. Rubbish.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
vivacious vivi:

Well said! I wonder what would have happened if people actually paid for babies that are born. Everyone's eyes would clear by force! Including those with 5 kids already. Rubbish.

I am actually 100% for child taxes . . . the more babies/children, the more they are taxed. I think it is better than China's one-child policy in that people are still allowed to have as many kids as they want but only on condition that until the children get to age 21 or there about, the parents are taxed each year, a certain amount(I would start at Naira 30,000 per child/annum). Make sure they(parents)continue to pay that tax, even if eventually the kids have to be taken away from the homes as a result of abuse, until the child reaches age 21. grin grin grin grin grin

That money could go to ensuring that the children in society are provided some of the basic necessities they may not be getting at home from their selfish parents, or back to paying for their education etc.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
muffins99:
It is obvious that you are talking rubbish... last time I checked the ovum (egg) not the ovary is what is fertilised. The ovary is where the ovum is produced and fertilisation takes place after the ovum has been released from the ovary...please don't come here to broadcast your .... undecided undecided grin

how does this affect the process of fertilization? i just love it when nigerians run after pointless pedantry. whether its the ovum or ovaries or ovaltine, the fact remains the egg chooses what it wants to fertilise it. disprove that instead of pissing in the wind!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
muffins99:

Lmao! Is it Baba (*alternative to*) biology you're talking to like that? grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/879488/pregnancy-how-did-happen-again/4
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by proudlyafrican(m): 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
[b][quote author=Kobojunkie]

It is very realistic. I don't know how informed you are of American history. Back in the 1600/1700. Women were also regarded in the same way. Women were mainly property. It used to be a man's world too, and we don't have to go much into the history of the salem witch hunt to understand how women who revolted were immediately labelled witches and executed. But overtime, those Enablers stood their ground and say no more. . . what you have today is a result of their choosing to turn things around. There are still places like in Utah where women maintain that second-class existence as you find in Nigeria, but situation is not unique to Nigeria and your idea of it and has been conquered elsewhere and also can, by the women, in Nigeria if they want to.

This knack you have to want to blame it all on the men, as if the women are somehow imbeci_les does not help at all. If you really believe these women are too dumb to change their own situation, I ask you this, do we really want to give more imbeci_les power in our society?[/b]

The only way to make it as a woman is to act exactly like a man.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
proudlyafrican: The only way to make it as a woman is to act exactly like a man.

Do women around the world who have been able to overcome the same prejudice act exactly like the men? NO

But be honest here, what did you do in your case? You simply made a decision and stuck to it. Why is it ABOMINABLE if women did exactly the same?
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
ileobatojo:

Lmao! Is it Baba (*alternative to*) biology you're talking to like that? grin grin grin

she's just hair-splitting!
semen is not from the scrotum, it's from the testes - what has that gotta do with fertilization, madam ileobatojo? this your name sef - what does it mean?
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Dainfamous: 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

He can implant that sperm even on a box of nails, nothing will happen, it is only when a female opens her legs to have it implanted in her that a child results . . . so females should learn to close up a bit more or take preventative measures IF THEY REALLY LOVE THEIR CHILDREN.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by muffins99(f): 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2012
ileobatojo:

Thanks but I won't bother reading this...why? if someone doesn't know the difference between ovum and ovary, why should I listen to anything else that he's saying? maybe I would if today was my 'junk' day but alas, it isn't.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
coogar:

she's just hair-splitting!
semen is not from the scrotum, it's from the testes - what has that gotta do with fertilization, madam ileobatojo? this your name sef - what does it mean?

Baba Biology!! I dey hail o. grin grin grin
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by muffins99(f): 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2012
ileobatojo:

kiss...thanks for confirming ...MNAFAWBA!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 8:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
muffins99:
Thanks but I won't bother reading this...why? if someone doesn't know the difference between ovum and ovary, why should I listen to anything else that he's saying? maybe I would if today was my 'junk' day but alas, it isn't.

hahaha - what a cop out!!
ovary, ovum, egg, whatever - same difference
testes, scrotum, balls, whatever - same difference
only a twerp would actually split hair and use that to knock down a theory - lets just say you have nothing to say(pun intended)!!

ileobatojo:

madam, witchdoctor - I hail o!!!!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
coogar:
madam, witchdoctor - I hail o!!!!

rotfl grin grin
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by muffins99(f): 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2012
[quote author=coogar]

hahaha - what a cop out!!
ovary, ovum, egg, whatever - same difference
testes, scrotum, balls, whatever - same difference
only a twerp would actually split hair and use that to knock down a theory - lets just say you have nothing to say(pun intended)!!

Thanks Coogar...you have made your point very clear and will not back down; even when its clear that you're wrong. In this case, I will hold to what I know...sorry, I'm sure i'm the only one not convinced that ovary and ovum are the same thing. In fact, by your logic, we can say that the scrotum fertilises the ovary abi?. I'm sure intelligent people will take your word for it or better still, do some research and decide for themselves. Best wishes- I look forward to seeing you on telly when you finally receive your award for contributions to science.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2012
goodnight, muffins99......your contribution here tonight has been ground-breaking. don't let the door hit your butt as you exit the room! wink
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by muffins99(f): 9:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
ouch...my small butt!!! tongue grin grin grin

@Kobojunkie, you have very strong views on this and I admire that. Unfortunately, a lot of people (not just in Nigeria) have a strong desire for a male child and will go to any lengths to get one. However, as you say, they should think carefully before acting and also face up to the consequences rather than 'run away'.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by clemmonce(m): 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
maclatunji: Why do many men runaway when their wives have multiple births? A detailed research should be carried-out to find-out why and how such incidences can be reduced. It is not funny. NAlthough, one can't help but laugh sometimes.
nawa for peeps Lïkξ asking a question you already know the answer if he get kaluba you think say he gƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ run money d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ yab man sometimes

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by mrperfect(m): 10:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
God is great.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Aizebioje(m): 10:48pm On Sep 03, 2012
Lets say the woman manages to train 1 or 2 who turn out successful and then help the remaining 7 nd they end up Fulfilled!HOW WOULD THE MAN FEEL KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT HE BAILED OUT ON THOSE KIDS?
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by sunedihol: 10:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

We have heard this story hundreds/thousands of times before now. I do have to ask why people are not addressing the obvious problems. The man living now does not mean he would not have left if she had not had the quads now. I mean honestly, women need to start re-focusing their minds a bit more.
She already had five kids living in the same cramped apartment. Why think of having another when she has yet to solve the problem of their living in that cramped apartment?
Bros if na u, u no go run?..man na weilder wife na tailor, hw dem won take do am, wif d little moni dem dey earn.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by omalicha89: 1:15am On Sep 04, 2012
\
coogar:

yes now -
even the english people that sold us civilization has prince charles as the heir apparent, if he abdicates it, it goes straight to prince william. yes, they are not different from the ibadan welder as well! make una dey deceive unaselves!
I believe charles' mom and grandmother won't agree with this gibberish,where in d world did u read dat they got the crown due to the abscence of males in d family?

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 1:20am On Sep 04, 2012
omalicha89: \I believe charles' mom and grandmother won't agree with this gibberish,where in d world did u read dat they got the crown due to the abscence of males in d family?

Na you get time . . . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Sep 04, 2012
muffins99: ouch...my small butt!!! tongue grin grin grin

@Kobojunkie, you have very strong views on this and I admire that. Unfortunately, a lot of people (not just in Nigeria) have a strong desire for a male child and will go to any lengths to get one. However, as you say, they should think carefully before acting and also face up to the consequences rather than 'run away'.

Most of these desires are just based on what society thinks. Nothing stops the 'heir' from deciding to change names. I know of a man whose 4 sons decided at the end of the day that they would rather not bear their father's name cause they felt the name came with bad luck(by their standards, the man did not accomplish much in his time). The man died with not even a single one of his sons answering his name. The little he left, they took and went their ways. His name is dead . He didn't accomplish much else in his lifetime,so not even a book or monument with his name on it. He did have heirs, right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / I Caught My Wife Eating Tantalizer Food With Her Boyfriend / I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.