Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,771 members, 7,806,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

What Did Apple Really Invent? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Did Apple Really Invent? (13063 Views)

Chinese Invent Clone Of Iphone 7 - 4gb RAM, 258gb Internal Memory, Android M. / Skype Co-founders Invent An Autonomous Robot That Delivers Package To Buyers / What Did He Say About 2GO Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did Apple Really Invent? by Pimples(m): 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2012

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Pimples(m): 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2012
And the list Goes On

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Suntemi(m): 7:21am On Sep 02, 2012
If this gets to the homepage, hmm tex n other iFans go chop u raw. lol
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by texazzpete(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2012

2 Likes

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by belushi7: 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2012
There are lots of such on the Internet that showed apple never invented any of those things they claim. Nobody needs to eat anyone raw. If truly apple invented them they can mention in their replies. I have also watched YouTube videos detailing that all apple claims are false.
I agree that apple can make those prior arts better though. But inventing them? Most blogs think otherwise.
By the way, I am not hating on apple here. Typing this out on an iphone4s.
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by texazzpete(m): 7:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
belushi7: There are lots of such on the Internet that showed apple never invented any of those things they claim. Nobody needs to eat anyone raw. If truly apple invented them they can mention in their replies. I have also watched YouTube videos detailing that all apple claims are false.
I agree that apple can make those prior arts better though. But inventing them? Most blogs think otherwise.
By the way, I am not hating on apple here. Typing this out on an iphone4s.

Apple doesn't have to 'invent' these things. I don't think Apple ever claimed to invent any of the hardware. They HAVE claimed to be innovative and by golly, nobody born of woman can dispute that.

If you're referring to patents, Apple has a right to defend their patents. if you people are angry why not press for a change in the patent system so vague patents aren't given? Once they are given, Apple WILL use them.

Nokia sued Apple in 2009 and won $768million, remember?

2 Likes

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2012
Apple invented these words:
Revolutionary
Resolutionary
Retina
Rectanglular
i
Innovative
Pad
Pod
Phone
Mac
Mountain
X
OS
Lion
Leopard
Snow

2 Likes

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Abrantie: 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
If not for Apple's shameless lawsuits, most people would have never known Apple was the greatest copycat of all time.

Did you know LG had a tablet called "Digital iPad" back in 2001?

Sure, it's not exactly the slick tablets of today but it was a tablet and even named "IPAD"

2 Likes

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Softmojo(m): 4:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
Apple never invented anything. They just re-made older inventions in more innovative ways. I think they deserve credit for that
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by ariyebaba(m): 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
@ ebamma, which one be igarri ? wink cheesy grin angry angry sad
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Abrantie: 4:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
ariyebaba: @ ebamma, which one be igarri ? wink cheesy grin angry angry sad

That was a way of getting around the "G" ban grin
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2012
This post has been hidden

1 Like

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by elliottibanga(m): 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
How doe this affect the price of.................iphone in the market? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by UncleJJ(m): 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
Apple schmapple....i still spend on androids,pc and more androids amd pc.

U know why, cos u can take em apart n build em as you like. Not some over priced product being built by underpaid and exploited asian workers. They say , u even have to take the new iphone back to SJ"s people jst to change the battery .

Apple shud have jst said they need a loan frm samsung.. Cos we all know sales are dwindling...people dnt buy iphone nymore dey get androids.

Now google"s droped the nexus pad thingy... Whos going to buy ifade.

If anyone owns an apple product in this country, they r technological inept" I repeat inept.

Guys just wan show money.. Bt techies _ phandroids know... With a nexus and a gmail account you can sell digital water to a well.

2 Likes

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by omotbol: 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2012
There is no point discoursing all of these, the onus of proof was on the part of Samsung to prove to the court (jury) that such technology or idea existed before apple introduced them. If they didn't prove that, they are to blame or it is a lie. But in my sincere opinion i think the information above is concocted.
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2012
ebamma: i just heard from a reliable source that apple are going to produce a new phone with the name Igarri
lolololssssssss. Laff wan tear my bele. All these #ga**i activist enh, they have a way of circumventing norms. Thumbs up guy.

1 Like

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Abrantie: 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
INNO18: lolololssssssss. Laff wan tear my bele. All these #ga**i activist enh, they have a way of circumventing norms. Thumbs up guy.

Yes, the Ga*itivist are more innovative than Apple and Samsung combined.
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by hammedkola(m): 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
ebamma: i just heard from a reliable source that apple are going to produce a new phone with the name Igarri

grin grin grin
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Acidosis(m): 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2012
ebammaaaaaaaaa. . .YOU AGAIN?!
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by free2ryhme: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
Acidosis: ebammaaaaaaaaa. . .YOU AGAIN?!

stop screaming on this forum. if you dont have anything meaningful to say keep quiet
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Suntemi(m): 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
UncleJJ:

They say , u even have to take the new iphone back to SJ"s people jst to change the battery .

If anyone owns an apple product in this country, they r technological inept" I repeat inept.

Guys just wan show money.. Bt techies _ phandroids know... With a nexus and a gmail account you can sell digital water to a well.

I cant count the number of iPhones have changed the batteries and I'm not SJ's people.

U said we don't have skill cos we use iDevice? U know little about iPhone.
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Babalegba(m): 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
Apple are really a bunch of firstclass elaborate scammers who would make something already invented more attractive and then sell it to the public at twice the price it ought to be. Apple contributed a lot to the aesthetics of digital technology, but really not much in innovation and if they had their way computers and technology in general will not be affordable to most people who now use technology in their lives. The US copyright system is geared towards protecting US interest.
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by omosexy1: 5:35pm On Sep 03, 2012
Babalegba: Apple are really a bunch of firstclass elaborate scammers who would make something already invented more attractive and then sell it to the public at twice the price it ought to be. Apple contributed a lot to the aesthetics of digital technology, but really not much in innovation and if they had their way computers and technology in general will not be affordable to most people who now use technology in their lives. The US copyright system is geared towards protecting US interest.

Of course you have to protect your own. Abi you go embrace another man pickin as your pickin? Samsung is a strong company, a strong brand, very creative and innovative. Technologically, I see Samsung overtaking Apple. That would be disastrous for the American Economy. See what is happening to RIM (makers of blackberry). If it were a US company, all hands would have been on deck to save it. In Corporate world, survival is everything. You have to fight hard and fight dirty to kill the competition.
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Suntemi(m): 5:38pm On Sep 03, 2012
texazzpete:
Nokia sued Apple in 2009 and won $768million, remember?

Babalegba: The US copyright system is geared towards protecting US interest.

But Nokia is from Finland.

Though I also hate the fact that Apple makes stuffs that are too expensive for the common man.
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Pimples(m): 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
sun_temi:

But Nokia is from Finland.

Though I also hate the fact that Apple makes stuffs that are too expensive for the common man.

I also Concur.... Apart from the Price of Apple Devices, they are almost perfect.
Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Opomaintain: 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
APPLE DON TRY OH! ALL DESE APPLE HAIRCREAM WHEY FULL MARKET NKO!

6 Likes

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by na2day(m): 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2012
omotbol: There is no point discoursing all of these, the onus of proof was on the part of Samsung to prove to the court (jury) that such technology or idea existed before apple introduced them. If they didn't prove that, they are to blame or it is a lie. But in my sincere opinion i think the information above is concocted.

What can you do when the Dishonourable Judge Lucy Koh is already biased against you and the jury are Apple community people? angry

Judge Lucy Koh has apparently decided the fate of the Samsung V Apple case all on her own. In fact she has even ordered evidence to be destroyed. Now correct me if I am wrong, but why on earth would ANY judge interested in making a sound and fair decision ask for evidence to be destroyed. The only reason I can think of is that Luck Koh knows that the evidence is valid and would hurt Apple significantly during this trial. It is apparently also something that Samsung knows as well. Samsung are the ones that leaked this rejected evidence to the press. The move was partly to prove the point that Apple borrowed from Sony for the iPhone design and also to show Judge Koh’s bias in the trial.

But there is more to this story than just the Sony CAD drawings. Samsung also produced product designs that pre-date the launch of the iPhone by at least a year. They clearly show that Samsung was also working on the same concept long before Apple launched their product. This would automatically rule out the possibility that Samsung copied Apple, but again Judge Koh refused to allow the evidence to be submitted. When Samsung Lawyer John Quinn asked what the point of having a trial was if Samsung was not allowed to admit evidence he was threatened with sanctions showing that Judge Koh is not interested in the truth or a fair trial.

We have said from the beginning that this trial is very important to the future of innovation, but that with the current judge presiding over it there is a good chance that a gross miscarriage of justice will happen. The good news here is that Samsung appears to be aware of it and are making the right theatrical maneuvers to make sure the press and the jury know too. These well documented issues could bode well for the almost certain appeal that Samsung will need to see any real justice in this case. Still when you consider that [size=13pt]Judge Koh worked for a company that received stock from Apple during their IPO and then continued to represent them it is not surprising that we are seeing this happen now.[/size] We would love to see Lucy Koh removed and the venue changed in this trial, perhaps if this happened at least the case would be decided on the balance of ALL of the evidence and not what the judge wants the jury to hear.

http://www.decryptedtech.com/editorials/judge-lucy-koh-is-working-hard-to-deny-a-fair-trial-to-samsung#oL6DOQH3uGfdMOGp.99

2 Likes

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by na2day(m): 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
^ welcome to American justice System!
Bunch of hypocrites angry

2 Likes

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
Apple never invented those. But they patented it, and that's all that matters. Before you eat me raw, I am not an Apple fan. Am a great fan of Samsung.

1 Like

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by shawnkels: 6:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
[color=][/color]guy,u say apple hair cream......digital n electronic bobby were ladies dey attach 2 attract guy?who invent am?looools ;Dguy,u say apple hair cream......digital n electronic bobby were ladies dey attach 2 attract guy?who invent am?looools wah about dis?

Re: What Did Apple Really Invent? by na2day(m): 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
Apple did not invent the Shoe,
But they invented a better shoe polish and patent both the shoe and the polish!
Awon ole ifo! grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Review of The Phantom 5 / How To Convert Nigeria Number To US Number / Please Who Knows The Phone HOTWAV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.