Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong (2814 Views)

Jeminat Olawore and Paul Lawson, Bikers Who Are Travelling 8000 Miles For Charit / Is Buying A Car With A Mileage Of 109,000 Miles A Safe/good Buy? / Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong by Blyss: 1:40am On Sep 02, 2012
What is the most miles you've ever put on a car you've owned? I have an old 2000 Chevy Cavalier that I bought back during my college years. I love that little car, and refuse to get rid of it, despite the fact of that I now own and have owned several modern luxury vehicles since getting my Golden colored Cavy. Many times I still prefer to drive it rather than my luxury vehicles, and old gal Goldie is loyal and still full of spunk... I refuse to get rid of her, and my wife HATES it with a passion. She thinks its an ambarasment that I still drive Goldie around often. cheesy But I don't care, I'm gonna ride her till her last sputter. cheesy Today I hit the 230,000 mark while powering strong down 95 in her, as I blew past all kinds of brand new looking luxury fancy vehicles with no problems. cheesy The old gal bobs and weaves like a champ still. wink So what is the most miles you've been able to put on a vehicle?
Re: 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 02, 2012
The highest I've had on any of my vehicles is 543,000 miles on a '95 Audi Coupe S2. She was at 233,000 miles when I bought her, I put the extra 310,000 on her. Several trips to Europe, driving on the Continent through different countries, 4 trips to the Nurburgring.

She never missed a beat, though I replaced the turbo at 303,000 miles due to a worn bearing, and the cylinder head gasket. I must point out, the head gasket replacement was not due to failure; it was just easier to pull the head to get the turbo off.

I still service her once a year with her new owner, last visit in March this year, she was at 600,000 miles and still going strong too. cool

1 Like

Re: 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong by redcliff: 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2012
Siena: The highest I've had on any of my vehicles is 543,000 miles on a '95 Audi Coupe S2. She was at 233,000 miles when I bought her, I put the extra 310,000 on her. Several trips to Europe, driving on the Continent through different countries, 4 trips to the Nurburgring.

She never missed a beat, though I replaced the turbo at 303,000 miles due to a worn bearing, and the cylinder head gasket. I must point out, the head gasket replacement was not due to failure; it was just easier to pull the head to get the turbo off.

I still service her once a year with her new owner, last visit in March this year, she was at 600,000 miles and still going strong too. cool

That's some mileage. Its like revolving round the world
Re: 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong by Blyss: 11:36pm On Sep 02, 2012
Siena: The highest I've had on any of my vehicles is 543,000 miles on a '95 Audi Coupe S2. She was at 233,000 miles when I bought her, I put the extra 310,000 on her. Several trips to Europe, driving on the Continent through different countries, 4 trips to the Nurburgring.

Damn, that's insane. cheesy The most I've ever heard of was from a friend of one of my brothers who put up 350,000 Miles on an 96 Benz.
Re: 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong by micklplus(m): 10:23am On Sep 05, 2012
Whaoooo Siena! Nice one. U too much.

The highest I've had is 252,000 miles on honda accord( honda halla)
Re: 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong by flexya: 9:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
Do trucks qualify for this survey cos my 2000 Iveco eurostar truck has just ticked over 1.3M miles without engine rebuild yet. Got her wit 600k on the clock. Had the oil pump and turbo changed though.

Carwise? My 1996 Toyota Landcruiser prado is the most wit 140k miles. Had 2 buy a new engine about 20k miles ago. Its a long story bt blame the missus for that. I always wondered why cars that go the mileage trucks do?
Re: 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong by yungboss(m): 7:28am On Sep 11, 2012

wow! The thing about you siena is that you've seen alot about motoring, man that's a rare experience, that car needs to be honoured by Audi. Well in this discourse i dont have 'anything' to say, i had 189,000miles (304,000km)on my merc w202 220, my current car was obtained on 69,000km i'm currently doing 84,000km bmw 320i.
Re: 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 24, 2012
....What Type of Broke Niqqah Drives a 2000 Chevy Cavalier....

..Hahaha

...Probably the same broke niqqah who would try and Use a Nigerian Website as a Dating Service to Procure Small Igbo Village Girls Under the False Gist of Fake Pictures of Male Models.....

[size=20pt]
....Remix!!!![/size]

الملكي فوق الله: Now why would a Pervert Who i exposed for lying about a fake marriage and running around Nairaland Trying to pick up Little Igbo Girls have the audacity to run to another section of the forum (after getting clowned out of the culture) and call me a pervert....

...Ladies and Gentleman..

I present,

~~~The Diary of a Bum : Pervert Blyss/Darapture Exposed.....

Picture Evidence of you running around a nigerian website like a small unadulterated sexxual deviant pervert, seeking the lust of any Igbo Female...

This is the very first thread you made on Nairaland.

Notice, you even went so far as to post fake pictures of a Model...(Lmao)..(Trynna Acquire a Young Lady With Fake Gentleman's Photo..You That Desperate? LoL)

.....Pretty Lame how you waited till Mrs. 88 was no Longer around to Post the Same Message that Already got Replied to Lmfao grin

Now Explain your Perversion Son! Visual Evidence of you Using Nairaland as some sort of "Dating Site' Vehicle...while posing A Fake Picture of a Model. Haha

...Explain your Perversion....

Caught trynna Pick up an Igbo Girl 3 years ago on Nairaland...Yet fast forward to modern times...you claim you are married and have a 4 year old child by your wife.

The Same Wife you tried to pick up on Nairaland Less than 3 Years Ago?.....with a Fake Picture of Some Male Model?..

What a Desperate Perverted Bum. Lmao... grin

If that wasn't embarrassing enough....It doesn't stop there...

Now follow me...You were caught trying to find a date on nairaland with a fake picture ...as seen above...

Now below check this out...

Oh now suddenly Months Later you become Married?

Oh you married to the imaginary igbo lady you met on Nairaland? ..The one you used a Fake Picture to try and Acquire? Lmfaooo grin

....My Advice would be for you to stay in Nairaland Seclusion Fam.

Your Culture Section Scandal isn't going anywhere...(It's all Saved Brah... wink )

...To Be Continued......

The Diary of a Bum:~ Book II - Pervert Slash Creep, Blyss/Darapture Exposed.

Mwuahahahaahahahhaahahahahahah

Shout out and Mad Love to Broke Niqqahs Making Threads about driving ^This Automobile while trying to procure small igbo village women with fake pictures of Other Men...

...Fuhhk wit cha soul Like Ether..... cool
Re: 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2012
Wow. Interesting reading. Looks like I'll browse the Romance section more often, seems all the drama and intrigue takes place there. cheesy
Re: 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong by nissparts(m): 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
Where's the popcorn dammit?
Re: 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
nissparts: Where's the popcorn dammit?

Sold out, due to greater demand. angry

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Pentosin Chf11s Power Steering Fluid. / 2006 Toyota Camry Fuel Tank Fill Up Problem (need Help) / Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.