Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:54 PM

Davido Donates N1 Million, As Others Take Up 'save Debbie' Campaign - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Donates N1 Million, As Others Take Up 'save Debbie' Campaign (746 Views)

Queen Susan Eniolorundaā€ˇ Covers Aceconnect Magazine Front Page As Debbie / Davido Donates N1 Million To Cancer Patient In Need Of Surgery / P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Davido Donates N1 Million, As Others Take Up 'save Debbie' Campaign by Nobody: 1:53am On Sep 02, 2012
As a result of Debbie's breast cancer story that went 'crazy' on-line last week, Nigerian artistes have taken it upon themselves to raise funds in support of the cancer patient.

Davido fired the first salvo on Monday when he said to have donated N1million to the cancer patient.

Although he hasn't publicly confirmed his donation, however he posted the following on his Twitter page this morning.

The campaign to 'Save Debbie' is being heralded by no one but popular rap act, Ruggedman.

Debbie is a medical technician suffering from 4th grade Invasive Ductal Carcinoma otherwise known as cancer of the breast.

As you read this, one of her breasts is already condemned and the cancer has moved into her second breast, including her neck.

Debbie desperately needs N6 million for surgery. Her family and friends say without the operation, she has barely one month more to live.

Championing her course on Twitter, Ruggedman has kept tweeting about Debbie, as he solicits for help from well meaning Nigerians.

"No distraction pls: Its all abt #SaveDebbie,lets not lose a sister to cancer ."

Popular comedian, Ali Baba then took it on, as he also tweets to save Debbie.

"RT @RuggedyBaba: We need 6,000 people 2pay a minimum of N1,000 into Access Bank Account number 0000216933 Idiagbonya Osasere to #SaveDebbie"

Ice Prince isn't left in the fight to snatch Debbie from the cold hands of death, as he joins in the fight with tweets from his stable.

"We are blessed by GOD to bless others. Pls help Save Debbie

My story - Debbie

Idiagbonya Osarere Debbie whose plight has brought out the philanthropic best of Nigerian artistes spoke to our reporter on how she noticed the deadly cancer disease and steps she had taken to fight for her life.

'I discovered a mass in my left breast on May 25, 2011 and I went for screening @ National cancer prevention institute ishaja road, from the screening centre I was advised to go for sonography which I did on May 26, 2011 at Ojuelegba scanning centre where I was asked to go for Fine Needle Aspiration for Cytology @ Mecure healthcare limited Oshodi...

So my Fine Needle Aspiration for Cytology said my breast mass n lymph nodes are negative for malignant cells. I had my first surgery on the 13th of June 2011 and my second surgery on the 16th of November 2011. Then I took my lump for Histopathology investigation on November 24 and the investigation reported I have Invasive Ductal Carcinomal on December 5,2011.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201209010415.html
Re: Davido Donates N1 Million, As Others Take Up 'save Debbie' Campaign by Nobody: 1:54am On Sep 02, 2012
Good job my son, you're fast learning how to "act" like a celeb.
Re: Davido Donates N1 Million, As Others Take Up 'save Debbie' Campaign by sigmundfreud(m): 4:48am On Sep 02, 2012
thats the only good news av heard abt Davidoo....hope its true.
Re: Davido Donates N1 Million, As Others Take Up 'save Debbie' Campaign by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 02, 2012

(1)

Chris Brown Goes Solo At Supperclub!rihanna & Karrueche Nowhere In Sight! / Celebrities Share Their Christmas Wishes / MR ECOWAS Pageant 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.