Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead (21941 Views)

EFCC Recovers N38m Bullet-proof SUV From Ex-nimasa DG / Police Sergeant Who Made Bullet-proof Vest Promoted By Arase / Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Acidosis(m): 7:00am On Sep 02, 2012
Man Shoots Son Dead In Failed ‘bullet Proof’ Charm Test

September 2, 2012 | 4:49 am

News
By PETER DURU

In a bid to test the potency of his newly acquired bullet proof ‘juju’, a man, Ornguga Adega, of Agbatse village in Kwande local government area of Benue State, shot his only son dead while conducting a gunshot test on the boy.

Sunday Vanguard gathered that the suspect, who was immediately apprehended by men of the Benue State Police Command, is currently facing trial at a Makurdi Chief Magistrate Court. According to the First
Information Report, FIR, by the police, the suspect and father of the ten- year- old had, in August 2012, bought some charm from a native doctor with the belief that it was potent enough to prevent the penetration of bullets into his body. He was said to have rubbed his ‘bullet proof’ cream on the body of his son in order to verify its efficacy and potency in line with the instructions of the native doctor from whom he bought the charm.
According to the FIR, Adega fired a shot with his single barrel gun on the right leg of his son following which the
bullet shattered the leg and also penetrated through to the left leg.

The boy was said to have bled profusely but before his shocked and devastated father could get proper medical attention for him, the little boy bled to death. When the case came up at the Makurdi Chief Magistrate Court, police prosecutor, Inspector Gabriel Egbonyi, said the accused was arrested at the process of investigating the cause of death of the young boy.

Egbonyi further told the court that the accused confessed to committing the crime and also acknowledged responsibility for the unfortunate incident which prompted further police investigation into the matter. Meanwhile no plea was taken for want of jurisdiction. However the prosecution said investigation was still in progress in the matter and asked for another date for hearing. The Chief Magistrate, Mr Dan Ogoh, ordered that the accused be remanded in prison custody and adjourned the case to 12 September.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/man-shoots-son-dead-in-failed-bullet-proof-charm-test-2/
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by ozodimgba(m): 7:32am On Sep 02, 2012
Wonders shall neva end it is quite unfortunate. Choose ye 2day the God u shall worship, some people chose juju now look @ where it has landed this man and his poor son. May juju help him as 4 the poor little boy he is gone 4 good. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Jakumo(m): 7:38am On Sep 02, 2012
Every second around the clock, imbeciles are born in droves on this already crowded planet. Without the thinning of the herd that Darwinian natural selection accomplishes, there simply would be no room to stand on planet Earth. According to this very encouraging news report, the herd was thinned by one more certified dimwit, who took a bullet to the chest, fired by his equally brain-dead father, who should now be castrated to prevent any further breeding of cretins like the one he just killed with his own monkey hand.

20 Likes

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 02, 2012
I nearly did not want t open dis thread, 'cus I tnk its an Igbo persn tryng t portray a Yoruba man in a bad light!

1 Like

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by dplordx(m): 8:09am On Sep 02, 2012
I thought Americans are the most stuypid people in the world. Jesus! Now we just won that too angry

1 Like

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by cindyrella(f): 8:15am On Sep 02, 2012
Some people can be so stupid!

Smh!
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Idowuogbo(f): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2012
So to buy goat test d juju na crime? Well I guess as babalawo, he don kill mass, so dat day was d turn of his child.u reap wot u sow!

7 Likes

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Yeske2(m): 8:57am On Sep 02, 2012
The eediot should have tested it on himself.

4 Likes

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 02, 2012
But what are the police still investigating?

3 Likes

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by birdman(m): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2012
Does anyone know the actual ritual done to make you bullet proof (supposedly). It has to be one hell of a ritual, because a good number of sane people seem to be convinced they can repel bullets.
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 02, 2012
val_dee: But what are the police still investigating?
Ask them o
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by cindyrella(f): 10:06am On Sep 02, 2012
I wonder o¡
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by edoyad(m): 10:49am On Sep 02, 2012
Useless Man. He didn't see it fit to test the charm on himself
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by nifemi01(m): 11:01am On Sep 02, 2012
Ehn make they carry am go meet d babalawo, put d vest on him n shoot him. Same with d father
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by LongOne1(m): 11:29am On Sep 02, 2012
Why didn’t he test it on the native doctor first?

We would have one less native doctor to worry about.

9 Likes

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Acidosis(m): 12:36pm On Sep 02, 2012

They are investigating the babalawo's bank account
#my_guess
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by kasiem(m): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2012
I suppose this a family issue this' a family issue, so d police should leave it that way. We should be grateful to God for making the world short of one potential criminal.

1 Like

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2012
Acidosis:

#my_guess

Abi ooo
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by cindyrella(f): 2:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
Acidosis:

#my_guess
LMFAO!
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2012
@ post
At least now we have multiple incidents to dispel this whole "juju is real" belief.

3 Likes

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by harryem(m): 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2012
na purnishment for d man sha
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by consfavour: 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
cindyrella:
I wonder o¡
. Consfavour is up to them
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by vislabraye(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2012
Very funny and tragic.
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by lefolksy(f): 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2012
The man need 2 be investigated,4 him 2 have gone 2 collect a bullet proof charm it means he's an arm robber.d truth is;he has met his waterloo.God wnted 2 expose him.RIP 2 d son

1 Like

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2012
lefolksy: The man need 2 be investigated,4 him 2 have gone 2 collect a bullet prove charm it means he's an arm robber.d truth is;he has met his waterloo

rotfl. So true. He's involved directly or indirectly in arm robber or the mafia tongue

1 Like

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by fittty(m): 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2012
Why e no test am for leg first

1 Like

Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Butoneday2(m): 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2012
Rubbish?
Re: Man Testing ‘Bullet Proof’ Charm Shoots Son Dead by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 02, 2012
cogitoErgo: I nearly did not want t open dis thread, 'cus I tnk its an Igbo persn tryng t portray a Yoruba man in a bad light!
see your life...in your best interest,you did better re-orient your psyche.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Letter to President Goodluck Jonathan / In Lagos Civil Service, Goodbye ‘hard-work’ / Industrial Court Restrains NLC, TUC from Embarking On Planne September 28 Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.