Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,371 members, 7,781,040 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:56 AM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (339312 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
cheesy
she did this herself

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 13, 2012
These pictures are nice. If only I had the patience to sit and twist my hair. I really like those curls. These days I just wear a wig jare. Are there bridal hairstyles for naturals? Can somebody stress themselves for me by posting the pictures? grin Thanks!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:01am On Sep 13, 2012
stillwater: These pictures are nice. If only I had the patience to sit and twist my hair. I really like those curls. These days I just wear a wig jare. Are there bridal hairstyles for naturals? Can somebody stress themselves for me by posting the pictures? grin Thanks!
This woman, I thought you don marry and bear pikin. So you just dey get married ehn? lipsrsealed tongue

Seeing as am your #1 fan and you're my #1 enemy, I'll post them. But you gotta send me an invite sha.

Wigs?! Not even Brazilian weave? chaii!! Person dey suffer grin

@MzD

Lol I havent posted it, but I've posted them on another thread. I'll post it below.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:15am On Sep 13, 2012
My natural hair. . . .

Like Stillwater said, the twisting can be very tedious. On a good day, I spend 6-8hrs twisting my own hair.

Now, I just braid down (not clean, but still gets the twist grin ) the night before and untwist the next morning. My hair is real soft because I use shea butter. I use chamomile tea as an ingredient for homemade shampoo, I think it stimulates the roots for quick growth.

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:16am On Sep 13, 2012
The one with the bow is kinda not clean cuz I untwisted the night (after weeks of twist) before and was too tired to wash. Had to wear it like that the next day lipsrsealed
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 13, 2012
Bridal

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 13, 2012
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 13, 2012

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:22am On Sep 13, 2012
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:24am On Sep 13, 2012
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:28am On Sep 13, 2012

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:30am On Sep 13, 2012
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by somalia5: 2:30am On Sep 13, 2012
no such thing as beutiful natural nappy hair.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:16am On Sep 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

OMG THAT IS BAAAD! cheesy

& Nice piks Ileke! smiley

How long have you been natural? smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:18am On Sep 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
My natural hair. . . .

Like Stillwater said, the twisting can be very tedious. On a good day, I spend 6-8hrs twisting my own hair.

Now, I just braid down (not clean, but still gets the twist grin ) the night before and untwist the next morning. My hair is real soft because I use shea butter. I use chamomile tea as an ingredient for homemade shampoo, I think it stimulates the roots for quick growth.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/818831_bn_jpg2ab855eac5cb9d287d891c3befa94c0e

OMG!! i am jealous lol.

mine is still straight! sad
im trying to be patient but it's like HURRY UP AND TRANSITION DAMMIT! grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:28am On Sep 13, 2012
LOL nothing to be jealous about. Your hair will prolly grow longer than mines in no time.

I started early 2010 or was it late 2009. 2-3 years. I transitioned for a couple of months, felt the difference between my perm and my natural hair, and I realize that my hair has more body and more full while natural. So I did the "big chop" lol.

The twisting is annoying though, cuz our hair is so unique, it's hard to comb out the twists. It takes me a while to comb the thick curls out. Granted, natural hair is beautiful, but it's A LOT of work.

While transitioning, occasionally run your fingers through the natural part of your hair. You'll love it, trust me.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 4:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
This is so much inspiration for me..gaaad, I hope my lickle one keeps her own hair and dont add anytongue
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2012

5 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by TerryCarr(m): 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
Madagascar(1868)
cool

4 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by TerryCarr(m): 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
AA's in the late 1800's and early 1900's grin

Harriet Tubman grin

Pretty lady smiley

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

OMG!! i am jealous lol.

mine is still straight! sad
im trying to be patient but it's like HURRY UP AND TRANSITION DAMMIT! grin
lool, I feel you girl. How long do you plan on transitioning?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 14, 2012
@Idi cheesy lol

Enemy? I thought we were buddies? shocked You know you likey me tongue Don't deny it. tongue
Anyway, not getting married like now, I was just wondering what on earth you can do with natural hair on your wedding day. Would be bookmarking this page.
And yes wigs for now o, until I can put my hair in order, lol. grin These days I don't have the luxury of time. After seeing how Nigerian girls have bastardized brazilian weave, you want me to put that on my head?
The most I can do with my hair is just packing it in a bun or putting it in braids. All these twisting is tiresome.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by MrsChima1(f): 12:21am On Sep 14, 2012
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 12:27am On Sep 14, 2012
^you mean whip your horse hair. grin tongue
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by MrsChima1(f): 12:27am On Sep 14, 2012
Oh my goodness.....Chrisette Michele is gawgeous! (That's how Chima says it grin)

I like the tower braids pic. Lovely. kiss kiss
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by MrsChima1(f): 12:28am On Sep 14, 2012
kandiikane: ^you mean whip your horse hair. grin tongue

You meant yours? tongue
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 12:30am On Sep 14, 2012
lool, shior mine is authentic brazillian virgin hair. I can pass it off as mine. cool
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 12:32am On Sep 14, 2012
which one be chriseete michele?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by MrsChima1(f): 12:39am On Sep 14, 2012
Chrisette Michele

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0SxWEI4qh0

She is known to wear natural hairstyles. She rocks them. wink
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 12:42am On Sep 14, 2012
Ohhh, very pretty woman.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 14, 2012
I love this lady kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.