Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,522 members, 7,801,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (340145 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
Destinygrl:
hi pls any1 that used black Castor oil b4 shld gv us a review, mine was horrible don't know wthr I bought a fake one . it smelt like something that has been burning for ages , the thickness is as if some1 grounded chalkcoal and added it to oil. when I used it and sat down with the whole family my parents said that I shld go to the kitchen and put out the fire bc something's burning in there , I had to pretend going to the kitchen then making a quick dash to my room emptied almost half a bottle of perfume

Lol I love the smell grin Try using a little amount. Oils as thick as castor should be used sparingly. You can also try mixing it with other oils.

If you must use a lot, I'll suggest you use it for deep conditioning so that you can wash it off after.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 01, 2014
sheunfemix:
Someone help identify my baby's hair type pls, and her hair shrinks a lot, what can I do?

Aawww she's still a baby. Shrinkage doesn't matter now. But you can always put her hair in twists.

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by queenBVVIP: 11:32am On Nov 01, 2014
...really you need to
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by queenBVVIP: 11:35am On Nov 01, 2014
Always keep it real baby or adult.
temigracie:

Thanks a lot, Sir
Very cute post bravo.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by nnekaregy(f): 1:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
Pls am on transition, four months down the line, I need practical steps on what to do should I loosen braids to be able to comb it before washing. Thank u
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Destinygrl(f): 2:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Lol I love the smell grin Try using a little amount. Oils as thick as castor should be used sparingly. You can also try mixing it with other oils.

If you must use a lot, I'll suggest you use it for deep conditioning so that you can wash it off after.

I used a lot after reading that it grows hair fast, I was expecting waist length overnight
use it for deep conditioning? now why didn't I thought of that before I gave it out? may be I should go get it back lol

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 05, 2014

9 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 05, 2014
^Aww, welcome back to the natural side, Braidz! You look beautiful with your twa! It fits you very well.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Fantasyisland(f): 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2014
Braidz:
I really love this thread... my hair was about APL and totally natural when the pressure got to me and I relaxed it but I really disliked the feel of my relaxed hair so I cut it off again... this is my second BC and I'm totally digging this look. my mom who kept encouraging me to relax my hair had to admit when I Did it that the preferred my natural hair.. I'm glad to have my natural hair back.

It sure suits u!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by anathemiamia(f): 7:52am On Nov 06, 2014
Braidz:
I really love this thread... my hair was about APL and totally natural when the pressure got to me and I relaxed it but I really disliked the feel of my relaxed hair so I cut it off again... this is my second BC and I'm totally digging this look. my mom who kept encouraging me to relax my hair had to admit when I Did it that the preferred my natural hair.. I'm glad to have my natural hair back.

how long did it take you to achieve APL? pressure is a bad thing o
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
This thread, I love cheesy

Here is my naturally messed up frizzfest hair... Supposedly in a bun cool

6 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
Flytefalls, welcome.

That has got to be one of the messiest bun I have ever seen in my entire [____ years] of living. shocked tongue
Ok, I'm exaggerating, I have seen worse.

Messy buns can be sexy, tho.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 08, 2014
Yields:
Flytefalls, welcome.

That has got to be one of the messiest bun I have ever seen in my entire [____ years] of living. shocked tongue
Ok, I'm exaggerating, I have seen worse.

Messy buns can be sexy, tho.
Hehe, it's Friday and I could care less grin. It rained this morning; so you know, the usual natural hair dramas. Luckily for me, the 'deshevelled' look is in vogue atm as I don't believe I looked so out of place in the city tonight grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by quiet006storm: 11:58am On Nov 08, 2014
you have to find out what works for you and do it as well. please visit my blog and drop your comment http://bolanlesnuptialtales..com/, i wrote this true life story on what this woman went through. its the second chapter.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by SexyFox(f): 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
Kept my hair in braid for five weeks, now I have to deal with the natural dread lock. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by SexyFox(f): 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2014
I don comb am finish #crying I lost too much hair. ;(
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 11, 2014
SexyFox:
Sorry dear. Next time finger detangle nd deep condition.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by anathemiamia(f): 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
SexyFox:

seriously? i was planning to keep mine for 5 or 6 weeks. My edges arent doing too well so i might as well rewrite the plan. Sorry about the hair loss. If the hair knew how much effort and time has to be put into it, even 1 strand would never fall
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by SexyFox(f): 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
anathemiamia:

seriously? i was planning to keep mine for 5 or 6 weeks. My edges arent doing too well so i might as well rewrite the plan. Sorry about the hair loss. If the hair knew how much effort and time has to be put into it, even 1 strand would never fall
you can keep it for more than 6 week, just make sure the hair dresser cut the line medium to big size. Mine wasn't big enough.

I agree with your statement "If the hair knew how much effort and time has to be put into it, even 1 strand would never fall"
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
SexyFox:
eeyaah, sorry. It will grow back, I promise. smiley

If you wash your braids and don't rinse thoroughly, overtime you will get a ball of buildup at the roots. If you leave those braids in for a long time, it would be difficult to comb out that buildup and when you do you will lose hair along with that clump/ball of buildup. Typically, 5 weeks isn't a long time. I've kept braids in longer and never had problems. I do redo some of my braids after a couple of weeks, especially if they're starting to slip at the roots/gotten loose at the roots because of the new growth. This is the other culprit for loss of hair during braid take-down: slippage. When you see your braids are starting to slip at the roots, either rodo them or take them out completely. If you leave them like that for a long time, the line where the attachment and your hair meets will harbour buildup: residue from shampoo & conditioners, braid sprays and just dirt, and it would be difficult combing out that part without losing hair. The last suggestion is to use a braid spray that make it easy to take out braids. You will find them at black beauty supply stores. They will soften that clump of buildup so it comes out easily and you lose less hair.

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hey yields

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
mayapop:
Hey yields
Heyy girl!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
Yields:

Heyy girl!
how are you? tongue I know you have been looking for me cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
mayapop:
how are you? tongue I know you have been looking for me cheesy
I am good, tnx.

I hope you are?

School is going ok?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
Yields:

I am good, tnx.

I hope you are?

School is going ok?
Yes Ma'am, I am perfectly doing good and school couldn't be any better, but we just have to keep going embarassed Lol! Anyway I'm planning on going "TWA" soon cheesy, I'm super excited and nervous too, but yeah! i just can't wait smiley, I have been transitioning for 6 months now and I'll be doing my big chop next month smiley

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Lalaland1(f): 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
pls someone shud give me d simplest regimen ever..im tired of buying products n experimenting with my hair..my budget is low..say 5k at most..pls tell me d products readily available n a simple regimen plsss!thanks
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Sissie(f): 8:53pm On Nov 12, 2014

Lalaland1:
pls someone shud give me d simplest regimen ever..im tired of buying products n experimenting with my hair..my budget is low..say 5k at most..pls tell me d products readily available n a simple regimen plsss!thanks

What product have you tried?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.