Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,068 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (340166 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by TerryCarr(m): 3:17am On Oct 03, 2012
Brazil
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by toluh(f): 10:19am On Oct 03, 2012
somalia5:

sister try adding my seeme in ur hair. maybe make hair more manageable

What is my seeme please?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
toluh: Pls I need help in curling my TWA. Your suggestions would b appreciated .
Hey, try using a styling gel like Eco Styler Gel, kinky curly cirling custard etc. You can also curl your hair without heat or gel using flexi-rods. Just google 'em to know what I'm talking about.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
can i get black castor oil in nigeria?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 03, 2012
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by toluh(f): 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
ItsModella:
Hey, try using a styling gel like Eco Styler Gel, kinky curly cirling custard etc. You can also curl your hair without heat or gel using flexi-rods. Just google 'em to know what I'm talking about.

Thank you so much. Do you have any idea where I can get them in Nigeria?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
@itsmodella hv checked d link but cudnt find where/hw to order. can u guide me towards that!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
toluh:

Thank you so much. Do you have any idea where I can get them in Nigeria?
No, I don't. You can also do a homemade flaxseed gel with flaxseeds. It also helps to define curls. You can order some flax seeds at
http://naturalnigerian.com/ahia-natural-nigerian-marketplace/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJJEB5JoiuY
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
Julesbloom: @itsmodella hv checked d link but cudnt find where/hw to order. can u guide me towards that!
I'm sorry about that. Try http://naturalnigerian.com/ahia-natural-nigerian-marketplace/
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 04, 2012
ok tnx so much. i need to grow my front hair cos i hav serious hair breakage. tnx waitn @ itsmodella
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2012
Julesbloom: ok tnx so much. i need to grow my front hair cos i hav serious hair breakage. tnx waitn @ itsmodella

how often do you cut your ends? smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
toluh:

What is my seeme please?

lol.

you dey mind am?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2012
That kinky curly hair product is for those with curly textures, does it work with any time of afro hair texture?

Usually when it comes to hair what's good for you won't be good for others.

I will try that flaxseed gel.

I was going through my baby pics at age 4-5, my hair had that soft really defined curls to it but short. I asked my mum what happened to the hair she said I had craw-craw(my head use to have them cuts and bruises etc.) So she had to cut my hair. From then on when my hair grew my grandma always made sure it was done, always use to have those tiny cornrows, I think the perm that broke off all my hair was this one called 'Touch', horrible rubbish right here.

Atm, I'm tempted to perm my hair, do those big azz single plaits then do a weave after shave my hair again and dye it blond.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
@kails hv never cut my ends.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by toluh(f): 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
*Kails*:

lol.

you dey mind am?

Lol. I actually thought I was talking to a serious person o

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
toluh:

Lol. I actually thought I was talking to a serious person o

Lol. lots of ppl thought so...sadly.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2012
Julesbloom: @kails hv never cut my ends.

Oh yeah? Im about to get mine cut today.
Its very necessary for natural folks.

I have been natural (no perm) four months now and no weave for over 7.

^edited...lie, i had kinky twists in april....so its been 6 months.

#italkit
#iwalkit
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
i had my ends cut wen i was loosing my twist out, i feel like cutn it again but i wanna wait a lil. am also pushed to BC but i dont wanna go short
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
Julesbloom: i had my ends cut wen i was loosing my twist out, i feel like cutn it again but i wanna wait a lil. am also pushed to BC but i dont wanna go short

same here.

i got it cut yesterday and i am sad. grin

i didn't do the big chop, i just cut my ends so i can start a new.

i did the deep conditioning right after i did a hot oil treatment
and in the next two weeks i may get more "twists/ braids". I am still debating though
because i am on a roll being extension free. smiley

@topic i did the "bantu" knots not too long ago. i made them tiny and my hair came out kind of like this...

[img]http://4.bp..com/-opZqjOHrtxI/TbGhaZpRY8I/AAAAAAAACII/SIW8-et3QAU/s1600/216503_10150171398674065_100325699064_6649443_7927567_n.jpg[/img]

i actually liked it! cheesy i may upload some pictures later on today if not tomorrow. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 8:33am On Oct 22, 2012
Misses...is that picture of you??

If so..you are stunning!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by jplay(m): 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
gooooalll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
JallowBah: Misses...is that picture of you??

If so..you are stunning!

girl NO!
I am dark skin.

That is Yendi Phillips. grin grin grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
jplay:

hahaha, dat aint mzdarkskin aka kails picture. she posted some1 else's picture grin grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed

now while that is hilarious...WTF ARE YOU?

#SUSPICIOUS
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 23, 2012
i LIKE THIS... smiley

[url]http://www.aframnews.com/websitepublisher/images/anchors/Tamara%20Floyd.jpeg.JPG[/url]

i like the dark to light contrast.
I've been thinking really hard about dying my ends
light brown once i fully transition..

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

same here.

i got it cut yesterday and i am sad. grin

i didn't do the big chop, i just cut my ends so i can start a new.

i did the deep conditioning right after i did a hot oil treatment
and in the next two weeks i may get more "twists/ braids". I am still debating though
because i am on a roll being extension free. smiley

@topic i did the "bantu" knots not too long ago. i made them tiny and my hair came out kind of like this...

[img]http://4.bp..com/-opZqjOHrtxI/TbGhaZpRY8I/AAAAAAAACII/SIW8-et3QAU/s1600/216503_10150171398674065_100325699064_6649443_7927567_n.jpg[/img]

i actually liked it! cheesy i may upload some pictures later on today if not tomorrow. smiley

bantu knot is my next try. wow ur hair must be looking fine
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by NaturalNigerian(f): 6:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
For those who live in Lagos State and environs, you are all invited to a natural hair meet up. Our focus isn't just natural hair but a natural and healthier lifestyle. More information here: http://naturalnigerian.com/category/meet-up/. There is also something soon for the Abuja residents.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
natural hair meet up in nigeria?..Interesting
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2012
;

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Joycealways: 5:18am On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=MsDarkSkin]As you all know I am starting my natural hair journey (it's been a month since I last had a perm cheesy) and already seeing my natural new growth.

So I am creating this thread to celebrate the uniqueness and beauty of e1b1a type African hair. It's one of a kind, versatile and the strongest of the bunch. kiss I can't wait to get back to the old me. kiss kiss

Hopefully this thread will inspire some more ladies to keep it real! Keep it kinky! Keep it natural! cheesy

Feel free to post your own favorite dos and/or videos.

[/quote

The celeberity wigs are so fashionable now. If you have any interest, you can refer to:http://www.naturalwigs2u.com/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.