Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,806 members, 7,806,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

My Wife's Attitude. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Attitude. (5785 Views)

My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife's Attitude. by ikuoma4rea: 9:10pm On Sep 03, 2012
Married men,hw do u cope with a wife who never says she is sorry even when she is wrong.Rained words on me as if she runs d home.am wondering if ℓ̊ got married to the wrong woman.ur advise ppls
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by akinreals: 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2012
sorry man, how long av u bn married? Do u av any kid yet?
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by akinreals: 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2012
sorry man, how long av u bn married? Do u av any kid yet? In my first and second year of marriage, i did not really get d best out of my wife, dis is almost d 5th year into my marriage, i can tell u dat my wife is now d best wife in d world. Pls do not stop loving ur wife, if u want her to be an angel, pls treat her like an angel, no matter what is going on now. If u also want her to b a devil, treat her like devil. You are d man here, pls behave like a man. I wish u d best sir. God bless ur marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Attitude. by seedord247(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
Forgive me oh lord for clicking on this thread. sad

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
grin grin grin
seedord247: Forgive me oh lord for clicking on this thread. sad
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by asdfjklhaha(f): 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
Show her luv maybe u r not luving her enof dats y she's fustrated
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Konnektions146(m): 11:17pm On Sep 03, 2012
was she like dis before marriage or just started after marriage"?
hav u spoke to her abt her attitude?

every woman has got an ante-dote...find yur wife's and enjoy yur woman.

wishin u de best
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 04, 2012
op don enter one chance.

Poster......... At this stage of your marriage, there are always conflicts of interest. Naturally both of you are fighting who will dominate the other when the union stabilize.
expect more pressure from her until you give up and allow her ''control'' or you return fire for fire subduing her and claiming dominance. This ''cold war'' though violent most of the time usually last upto five years or more before the marriage stabilize .

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 04, 2012
akinreals: if u want her to be an angel, pls treat her like an angel, no matter what is going on now. If u also want her to b a devil, treat her like devil. You are d man here, pls behave like a man.
This doesn't work for every woman. Some women might decide to take advantage of the fact that he is still being loving and behave even worse.
Op, communication is very important. Talk to her and let her understand how much her behaviour displeases you. If she still doesn't pay heed to you then get someone she has a lot of respect for; maybe her mother, to talk to her.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2012
ikuoma4rea: Married men,hw do u cope with a wife who never says she is sorry even when she is wrong.Rained words on me as if she runs d home.am wondering if ℓ̊ got married to the wrong woman.ur advise ppls

Nope, she got married to the wrong man. Ball up dude.
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by queenesthr(f): 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2012
what makes you think she is wrong and you are right?
Have you considered you may be the one stressing the poor woman up?

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Attitude. by juman(m): 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2012
Call her down and tell her your mind. Human beings disagree many times.
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2012
ikuoma4rea: Married men,hw do u cope with a wife who never says she is sorry even when she is wrong.Rained words on me as if she runs d home.am wondering if ℓ̊ got married to the wrong woman.ur advise ppls

LMAO!

I'm sorry for making light of your problems but it's just funny!

Go through the post here and see what women and passing through in the name of marriage. Your own be say your wife no fit talk sorry and you dey complain . . . so tey you dey wonder whether you make mistake ni!

Odikwa serious!
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by mspookie: 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2012
did she pay ur dowry/groom price
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
It is not okay for her to rain insults on you. No it is not cool
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by maclatunji: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
fellis:
This doesn't work for every woman. Some women might decide to take advantage of the fact that he is still being loving and behave even worse.
Op, communication is very important. Talk to her and let her understand how much her behaviour displeases you. If she still doesn't pay heed to you then get someone she has a lot of respect for; maybe her mother, to talk to her.

Hmmmm...

OP, I am just wondering why a woman you found good enough to marry would just turn-into the monster you have just described. I am not implying that you are at fault here, I am just trying to figure-out what goes on in the mind of a woman sometimes.

Take fellis' advice, it makes a lot of sense.
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by oyarose(f): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2012
my dear OP, there is no such thing as PERFECT MARRIAGE or home anywhere.Dnt ever mind most of the fake people on this forum my partner dis or dat and den paint a heavenly picture of their union. we all work at our marriage 2 make it what we want. Every marriage has ups and down. when people tell she's very wrong to call you names, 4get it. ignore it, cos they r days u called her names too, and no one heard of dat. jus call her, sit her down, say a word of prayer and hand over the marriage to JESUS to heal all the pains, that is on already, and ask him for further wisdom to make you both the best man and wife that you two desire to be. say sorry to each other, whether right or wrong. that night, make sure u fill in the gap by INTIMACY, u knw what i mean, grin. But mind you in marriage the DEAF AND DUMB system is the best, what i mean is ignore most things, and say noffin especially when situation is tensed.God will see you tru.
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2012
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Etranshub(m): 7:02pm On Sep 04, 2012
I say u kick the mofo outta yah aos
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by CrazyMan(m): 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2012
No sane woman would just wake up one day and begin to rain insults on her husband...I perceive something is wrong somewhere.

Below are possible reasons for her attitude towards you, therefore take your time to look at them...

Do you still show her the kind of love you showed when you married her?

Do you compliment her...tell her how beautiful she is and all that...most married men fail in this area.

Do you spend enough time with her...take her out on vacations, watch a movie with her, sit at home all weekend and jist and laugh?

Are you a good listener...do you consider her own opinions?

Do you buy her gifts like teenage lovers do to their girlfriends...gestures like that can boost the love she has for you.

Are you or have you been involved in any kind of scandal with another woman...most women's attitude towards their husband changes as a result of such incident.

Do you have any kids...if yes what is your level of commitment towards them? Are you the nonchalant type? Do you leave the burden of the children for her to bear alone?

Ponder on this questions for I believe the answer lies between them

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 04, 2012
Homie you don't need her sorry. just take a stroll out of the house or something when she starts. Works for me.
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by ikuoma4rea: 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2012
Our marriage is almost 2 yrs and we both have a daughter.what annoyed me the last time was me raising my hands on her d very first time and she responded and ℓ̊ almost killed her that day then she stopped talking to me and cooking for me anytime ℓ̊ returened from work.ℓ̊ askd her why she did that by hitting me and her response is that she wil do same if ℓ̊ ever hit her again.ℓ̊ have never been myself since that day usually have problems with me going out and smtimes feels am dating other girls.my hearts bleeds since this whole thing happened btw us.am tired and don't know what to do next.l have apologised to her and she said when she is ready she wil let me know.
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Nobody: 3:03am On Sep 05, 2012
Why did you raise your hand to her in the first place? Is that how to resolve conflicts or what exactly were you trying to acheive?
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Nobody: 4:09am On Sep 05, 2012
ikuoma4rea: Our marriage is almost 2 yrs and we both have a daughter.what annoyed me the last time was me raising my hands on her d very first time and she responded and ℓ̊ almost killed her that day then she stopped talking to me and cooking for me anytime ℓ̊ returened from work.ℓ̊ askd her why she did that by hitting me and her response is that she wil do same if ℓ̊ ever hit her again.

Really? shocked shocked Please can you enlighten us on what 'wifely' response you feel is appropriate from her when you beat her.
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by 2mch(m): 5:18am On Sep 05, 2012
So in summary, you beat her and she fought back. The big issue here is that she didn't apologise for beating you back. It seems this lady is your size and your match. grin. Do you have any visible koko on your head from this beating? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 05, 2012
2mch: So in summary, you beat her and she fought back. The big issue here is that she didn't apologise for beating you back.

Isn't it something? shocked

It seems this lady is your size and your match. grin. Do you have any visible koko on your head from this beating?

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Konnektions146(m): 7:14am On Sep 05, 2012
Op,
please tell us, what dd she do to warrant de hit?
what happened dat u expected her to apologise?

de response she gave u abt we bein ready and she will tell u, its a woman's thing, she will come around but u have to prove to her yu re really sorry.
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by maclatunji: 9:07am On Sep 05, 2012
fellis: Why did you raise your hand to her in the first place? Is that how to resolve conflicts or what exactly were you trying to acheive?

She pushed him to the edge and he lost it (not saying its right, I think every man should invest in a punching bag. Everytime she gets to you, just beat the crap out of the bag, if she has any sense, she will know that those punches were actually meant for her). Sometimes, one thinks love is not enough to be happy in a marriage. Both of them are hurting and can't get themselves to sit down, address the issues, forgive each other and move on. They need help from a WISE third party- I think some people call that counseling.
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by zayhal(f): 9:10am On Sep 05, 2012
So you beat your wife and expects her to say 'thank you darling, I'm sorry for provoking you to hit me' or for her to go into fasting and prayer so you won't do such again or betterstill, run to nairaland crying 'my hubby has started beating me'? I don't even care about whatever caused the argument between you. Is this how you hit your friends, colleagues at work, neighbours when you have disagreements?

The woman hit you back now and you're feeling bruised. Good for you. I like your wife. You'd better go back and apologise more and make a promise to her and to yourself that you'll never hit her again. You may also want to go for anger management classes.
Re: My Wife's Attitude. by zayhal(f): 9:20am On Sep 05, 2012
Mac,
Which yeye push to the wall? Will you hit a colleague at work if they push you to the wall? The issue with men who hit their wives is not about the wife causing them to do so. It has more to do with the perception they have about women in marriage, how much respect they feel for the wife.

Even children should not be hit at will not to talk of a full-grown adult, wife!

Op
Your wife has taught you a lesson. If you hit her again, she'll hit you harder, if you overpower her, she'll get stronger men to dish it out to you. Meanwhile, get into the kitchen and make yourself a plate of noodles.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Attitude. by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 05, 2012

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Attitude. by maclatunji: 9:45am On Sep 05, 2012
zayhal: Mac,
Which yeye push to the wall? Will you hit a colleague at work if they push you to the wall? The issue with men who hit their wives is not about the wife causing them to do so. It has more to do with the perception they have about women in marriage, how much respect they feel for the wife.

Even children should not be hit at will not to talk of a full-grown adult, wife!

Op
Your wife has taught you a lesson. If you hit her again, she'll hit you harder, if you overpower her, she'll get stronger men to dish it out to you. Meanwhile, get into the kitchen and make yourself a plate of noodles.

Have you ever felt like hitting your younger sibling when they annoy you? Don't lie. And it is not every time a parent smacks a child that they do it to correct that child. A good number of times, it is because they feel their authority is undermined and can't find any other way to assert it. That is why you hear people saying: "your child did that to you and you didn't hit him?"

I know, your wife is not your child but it is about authority. When the wife deliberately seeks to undermine the man's authority and taunt him, there is a great temptation for the man to want to hit-out.

Heck! Some women even hit their men when they are annoyed. I am not saying it is right but you have to understand how and why things happen to stop them.

Have you ever watched the film called "Provoked", you might need to watch it. When a conflict reaches a certain level, it becomes almost inevitable for it not to become physical. If you say, it will never happen to you, you might just end-up like OP feeling bad after the event.

However, if you accept that it can happen to you, you can begin to put safeguards in place to prevent it from happening. This is the truth. I know it is not pretty but it's the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Factors Influecing Marriage Instability In Nigeria? / What To Do When A Woman Insist On Court Marriage / Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.