Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous (3371 Views)

Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example / Anony & Ihedinobi,Goshen, lets Discuss Yahweh,monotheism And The Bible. / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
Let us revisit this topic brethren, the lives of millions of depend on it.

Please before you call me a heretic, consider that many precious Muslim ,Jewish and even atheist brothers and sisters have been totally confused by this so called doctrine and hence they have been denied a chance at salvation by the Messiah Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is not Yahweh , he is distinct from Yahweh but is Co-Equal with the Father in ONE purpose .

So what do we have here :

1. Yahweh : God Almighty who is not a MAN , but our father, the ancient of days, the one who has no beginning and no end.

2. Yeshua : Our redeemer Lord Jesus Christ , the Saviour of mankind and the exact likeness of the Father in Human form.

This trinity doctrine does not make sense and if it does make sense then it should be discarded. What makes sense is that our Loving Father has sent a Saviour in the likeness of Man to redeem Man from the Power of sin and death.

Jesus Christ is the last Adam who came to undo what the first Adam had damaged.

"So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit." - 1 Corinthians 15:45

Simply put Jesus Christ was Born as a Man with the Power of the Holy Spirit and genetically flawless. He had to be a Man to overcome SIN

Reasons why Jesus cannot be Yahweh :

1. God cannot be tempted , but Jesus was tempted

2. God cannot die but our Lord died and was raised on the third day

3. Before Jesus Christ started his ministry he had to be anointed with the Holy Spirit just like we believers today.

4. On the cross our Lord cried, ' father why has thou forsaken me ' , so this was Jesus our Lord and Saviour not GOD.

4. God with his power raised up Jesus from the Dead.

5. God has put all things under his feet and giving Christ the highest honour in heaven and earth , whereby he rules as GOD but is not GOD.

6. Places were Jesus was referred to as GOD in the bible we actually translated as LORD in the correct Greek or Hebrew translation

7. Jesus Christ said the Father is greater than I

8. He prayed to the father.

We owe our very lives , gratitude and service to Christ Jesus, who as the last Adam has defeated SATAN and restored dominion to mankind which will be completed when all his enemies have been put under his feet.

Praise and all gratitude be to Yahweh Almighty from everlasting to everlasting.

I am thankful to God that he has made himself known to man, God is not the author of confusion and yet many churches want us to accept this Pagan trintiy doctrine hook line and sinker without the ability to reason with scriptures.

Let us discuss .

God bless.

[size=13pt]For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.[/size] - 1 Corinthians 14:33

2 Likes

Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2012
Books and articles I am reading now that address this topic in details :

1. Bible

2. One God & One Lord: Reconsidering the Cornerstone of the Christian Faith - 637 page book by by John W. Schoenheit, Mark H. Graeser and John A. Lynn . Only £5 on Kindle .

3. http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1456

4. http://www.christianmonotheism.com/
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by ijawkid(m): 10:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
frosbel: Let us revisit this topic brethren, the lives of millions of depend on it.

Please before you call me a heretic, consider that many precious Muslim ,Jewish and even atheist brothers and sisters have been totally confused by this so called doctrine and hence they have been denied a chance at salvation by the Messiah Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is not Yahweh , he is distinct from Yahweh but is Co-Equal with the Father in ONE purpose .

So what do we have here :

1. Yahweh : God Almighty who is not a MAN , but our father, the ancient of days, the one who has no beginning and no end.

2. Yeshua : Our redeemer Lord Jesus Christ , the Saviour of mankind and the exact likeness of the Father in Human form.

This trinity doctrine does not make sense and if it does make sense then it should be discarded. What makes sense is that our Loving Father has sent a Saviour in the likeness of Man to redeem Man from the Power of sin and death.

Jesus Christ is the last Adam who came to undo what the first Adam had damaged.

"So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit." - 1 Corinthians 15:45

Simply put Jesus Christ was Born as a Man with the Power of the Holy Spirit and genetically flawless. He had to be a Man to overcome SIN

Reasons why Jesus cannot be Yahweh :

1. God cannot be tempted , but Jesus was tempted

2. God cannot die but our Lord died and was raised on the third day

3. Before Jesus Christ started his ministry he had to be anointed with the Holy Spirit just like we believers today.

4. On the cross our Lord cried, ' father why has thou forsaken me ' , so this was Jesus our Lord and Saviour not GOD.

4. God with his power raised up Jesus from the Dead.

5. God has put all things under his feet and giving Christ the highest honour in heaven and earth , whereby he rules as GOD but is not GOD.

6. Places were Jesus was referred to as GOD in the bible we actually translated as LORD in the correct Greek or Hebrew translation

7. Jesus Christ said the Father is greater than I

8. He prayed to the father.

We owe our very lives , gratitude and service to Christ Jesus, who as the last Adam has defeated SATAN and restored dominion to mankind which will be completed when all his enemies have been put under his feet.

Praise and all gratitude be to Yahweh Almighty from everlasting to everlasting.

I am thankful to God that he has made himself known to man, God is not the author of confusion and yet many churches want us to accept this Pagan trintiy doctrine hook line and sinker without the ability to reason with scriptures.

Let us discuss .

God bless.

[size=13pt]For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.[/size] - 1 Corinthians 14:33

Please shake my hand...I feel like hugging u right now if that'll be ok.....;-)....

Now u got it all right.....

I love your number's 1 and 2 points...

Those were d points I had earlier used to convince trinitarians who believe Jesus is Yahweh.......

Yahweh does not die,but Jesus died....

If we go by there assertions then it means the almighty died,which is impossible...if the almighty can die then he stops being the almighty,the omnipotent......

Good thinking there frosbel.....
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by jayriginal: 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
Should be an interesting thread.
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by firestar(f): 8:32am On Sep 04, 2012
smiley
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by kokolet007(f): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2012
@frosbel God wil enlightened and strengthened u more in his ways!
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 04, 2012
kokolet007: @frosbel God wil enlightened and strengthened u more in his ways!

Thank You.

Read more below.
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 04, 2012
Meet a Man Called Messiah Jesus e Christians should be very clear about the identity of the one to whom we claim loyalty. Our textbook, the Bible, introduces him with delight, simplicity, and meticulous care. Before you have completed reading the first chapter of Matthew and Luke, you will have learned that Jesus is the Messiah (Christ), the King of Israel, the King of the Jews, the Son of God (which is a synonym for the King of Israel: John 1:49).

You will have learned that Jesus is the biological son of Mary, the legal son of Joseph, and of course the Son of God, by creative miracle.The reason for him being the Son of God is spelled out with matchless clarity and simplicity in Luke 1:35: It is “because of” — “precisely for this reason” (dio kai) — that God became his Father by miracle in Mary. That seems to be so reasonable and just what we expect for the origin of the second Adam,the head of the new creation.

Luke 1:35 is the definitive and decisive, lifechanging text for defining how, why and when Jesus originates as the Son of God. To miss this angelic definition of Jesus is to miss the core of the whole NT, indeed the whole Bible. It wasn’t long after Bible times that the Son of God of Luke and the NT was transformed into a figure barely recognizable as the Jesus of history.

He was lifted out of history and given a new and confusing identity. Scholars have conducted a never-ending “quest for the historical Jesus,” implying that he was lost! But the quest had been successfully undertaken by Matthew and Luke and the rest of the NT writers!

No need to look further. Jesus is there in the opening chapters of the NT. He is the Messiah and the supernaturally procreated Son of God. Jesus is also the descendant of Judah (Heb. 7:14). He is of the tribe of Judah. He is also the son of Adam, and of Eve (as the seed of the woman). Move two chapters ahead in Luke to find that Jesus is the son of Adam who was the son of God (Luke 3:38). As a child from the womb of Mary Jesus is the uniquely begotten man, the Son of Man, the Messiah, King of Israel.

He is also of course the walking embodiment of God’s preplanned wisdom and word (John 1:1, 14).

But Jesus is not “God the Son,” making two Gods.A 17th-century orthodox bishop and theologian, Thomas Ken, was rightly puzzled by the amazing definition which the Church by then had long held as traditional —the idea that Jesus was the “eternally generated Son.” He mused:

“Strange generation this! Father and Son co-eternal. Two distinct and yet but one.”

Matthew and Luke, and especially Mary, would have been aghast at such non-biblical, philosophical jargon and, one might ask, ought we not to be asking questions about how and where our church got its creed and its definition of Jesus? Is all that language about “essence” and “Persons” really intelligible by scriptural standards?

Our quest for truth can be expedited by another excellent Bible text. Here it is: A wonderful title for Jesus can be discovered before you have completed Luke 1. According to Elizabeth, Jesus is “my lord.” Elizabeth hailed Mary as “the mother of my lord” (Luke 1:43). She is not “the mother of my GOD” (!) as later misdescribed in post-biblical theology. And “my lord” is derived from the most interesting of all titles, the one found in Psalm 110:1 where God (the YHVH of the Hebrew Bible) addressed an inspired oracle through David to “my lord” (adoni). His instructions were that this descendant of David was to sit at the right hand of the One God, until hiis enemies are subdued under his feet. This text provides the golden key to the constitution and plot for the whole Bible!

That is why it is quoted more often than any OT text in the NT. That “my lord” of Psalm 110:1 is the very same “man of My right hand” of Psalm 80:17, “the man whom God has made strong for Himself.” The one at the right hand of God is the supremely exalted man Messiah, not a second God!

Psalm 110:1 was the subject of Jesus’ master-question. With this verse he stumped all his opponents. Another stellar text describing who the real Jesus is is found in Deuteronomy 18:15-18. This verse is cited by Peter (Acts 3:22) and Stephen (Acts 7:37, as he died at the hands of hostile Jews): God promised to produce from the ranks of Israel a prophet like Moses. He was to be God’s final word to the world, and any who did not yield to him and his teachings would be rooted out from among the people. God would hold them accountable for refusing the words of His final agent, the Son of God, Jesus.

This is the biblical identity of Jesus as Messiah. With this list of titles for the great central personage of the biblical drama, you can move forward from Matthew 1 to an intelligent reading of the great biblical drama. Your destiny is bound up with the Messiah, who died for the sins of the world, and you are invited to rule on earth with him in his coming Kingdom. It will be wise to drop titles like “God the Son” (making a second God) and omit fromyour thinking any myths about “going to heaven when you die.” That will prove to be a disastrous diversion from the plot of the real and only biblical story. The Messiah Jesus is going to return from heaven to the earth, which will be renewed and become the scene of the very first successful world government, the Kingdom of God, with headquarters in Jerusalem. “May His Kingdom come!”

http://focusonthekingdom.org/1411.pdf
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by IamPhantom(f): 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2012
Ah Frosbel,
I hail. This is cognitive dissonance in overdrive. More grease, thou christian apologists and your crazy rhethorics.
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by italo: 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2012
Two questions to those who say Jesus is not God.

Whose name is 'I AM?'

Who said "before Abraham was, I AM?"
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by ijawkid(m): 10:33pm On Sep 04, 2012
italo: Two questions to those who say Jesus is not God.

Whose name is 'I AM?'

When did I AM become Gods name??

So anywhere or anytime people use the. Expression ""I AM"" then it means they are Yahweh too??

When in d world did the expression "" I am"" mean God or meant exclusively to mean Yahweh??

So if u go for an interview and an employer shuld ask:::: are u ITALO?? And u reply ::yes
"" I AM""......
I think that should make u Yahweh or God...

Can u please tell me the full meaning of the hebrew tetragrammaton??

Tell me.....

And I'll get back to u......

1 Like

Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 04, 2012
ijawkid:

So anywhere or anytime people use the. Expression ""I AM"" then it means they are Yahweh too??

When in d world did the expression "" I am"" mean God or meant exclusively to mean Yahweh??

So if u go for an interview and an employer shuld ask:::: are u ITALO?? And u reply ::yes
"" I AM""......

Tell me.....

lol, grin
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by truthislight: 11:17pm On Sep 04, 2012
ijawkid:

"" I AM""......

Tell me.....

guy, you seems to be too hot!
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by kokolet007(f): 11:54pm On Sep 04, 2012
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]. Well I can see you are really learned in the word....I most commend your effort nd I pray that JEhoVaH God wil bless your effort and makes you to see the new earth.AMEN
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by italo: 11:40am On Sep 05, 2012
italo: Two questions to those who say Jesus is not God.

Whose name is 'I AM?'

As usual, the hypocrites tactically refuse to answer my questions.
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Rich4god(m): 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2012
Matt 28:13, 1Peter 1:1-2 and 2Corinthian 13:14. In the begining, God said let Us create man in our own image. Who are the "US".
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
Rich4god: Matt 28:13, 1Peter 1:1-2 and 2Corinthian 13:14. In the begining, God said let Us create man in our own image. Who are the "US".

"It is I who made the earth and created mankind upon it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts." - Isaiah 45:12
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by italo: 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
So who are the "US?"

Whose name is "I AM?"

Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Sweetnecta: 12:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
I am glad that Frosbel finally admitted that neither Jesus nor Holy Spirit is God.

Now you need to quit christianity altogether because the Bible, through the confusion maker magician saint Paul stated Jesus and Holy Spirit are gods in addition to Ellah The God of Jesus.

You cannot say you are a monotheist as a christian with what we find in the Bible.

Your best bet is Islam being the true monpteist, and the only radical and clearly worldwide Universal monotheists are the muslims; Islam is unlike the tribal monotheistic judaism or pseudo monotheistic christianity.
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
1. The word "God" is Elohim, which is itself a plural form and, like most other words, has more than one definition. It is used in a plural sense of "gods" or "men with authority," and in a singular sense for "God," "god," or "a man with authority, such as a judge." The Hebrew lexicon by Brown, Driver and Briggs, considered to be one of the best available, has as its first usage for Elohim: "rulers, judges, either as divine representatives at sacred places or as reflecting divine majesty and power, divine ones, superhuman beings including God and angels, gods."

Elohim is translated "gods" in many verses. Genesis 35:2 reads, "Get rid of all the foreign gods you have with you," and Exodus 18:11 says, "Now I know that the Lord is greater than all other gods." It is translated "judges" in Exodus 21:6; 22:8 and 9. It is translated "angels" (KJV) or "heavenly beings" (NIV) in Psalm 8:5. That is its plural use, and there is no evidence that anyone thought of these "gods" as having some kind of plurality of persons within themselves.

2. Elohim is also translated as the singular "god" or "judge," and there is no hint of any "compound nature" when it is translated that way. An example is Exodus 22:20, which reads, "Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the lord must be destroyed." Another example is Judges 6:31: "If Baal really is a god, he can defend himself when someone breaks down his altar." In Exodus 7:1, God says that He has made Moses a "god" (Elohim) to Pharaoh. Again, in Judges 11:24, the pagan god Chemosh is called Elohim, and in 1 Samuel 5:7, the pagan god Dagon is called Elohim, yet Christians do not conclude that those gods were somehow composite or "uniplural," or that the people who worshipped them thought they were.

Exactly how to translate Elohim in 1 Samuel 2:25 has been debated by scholars. The question is whether Elohim in the verse refers to a human judge or to God. The KJV says "judge." The versions are divided between them, some translating Elohim as a man, others as God Himself. The fact that the scholars and translators debate about whether the word Elohim refers to a man or God shows vividly that the word itself does not have any inherent idea of a plurality of persons. If it did, it could not be translated as "god" when referring to a pagan god, or as "judge" when referring to a man. The evidence in Scripture does not warrant the conclusion that the Hebrew word Elohim inherently contains the idea of a compound nature.

3. Some teach that the word Elohim implies a compound unity when it refers to the true God. That would mean that the word Elohim somehow changes meaning when it is applied to the true God so that the true God can be a compound being. There is just no evidence of this. The first place we should go for confirmation of this is to the Jews themselves. When we study the history and the language of the Jews, we discover that they never understood Elohim to imply a plurality in God in any way. In fact, the Jews were staunchly opposed to people and nations who tried to introduce any hint of more than one God into their culture. Jewish rabbis have debated the Law to the point of tedium, and have recorded volume after volume of notes on the Law, yet in all of their debates there is no mention of a plurality in God. This fact in and of itself ought to close the argument.

No higher authority on the Hebrew language can be found than the great Hebrew scholar, Gesenius. He wrote that the plural nature of Elohim was for intensification, and was related to the plural of majesty and used for amplification. Gesenius states, "That the language has entirely rejected the idea of numerical plurality in Elohim (whenever it denotes one God) is proved especially by its being almost invariably joined with a singular attribute." [2]
The singular pronoun is always used with the word Elohim. A study of the word will show what Gesenius stated, that the singular attribute (such as "He," not "They," or "I," not "We" ) always follows Elohim. Furthermore, when the word Elohim is used to denote others beside the true God, it is understood as singular or plural, never as "uniplural." To us, the evidence is clear: God is not "compound" in any sense of the word. He is the "one God" of Israel.

4. Scripture contains no reproof for those who do not believe in a "Triune God." Those who do not believe in God are called "fools" (Ps. 14:1). Those who reject Christ are condemned (John 3:18). Scripture testifies that it is for "doctrine, reproof, and correction" (2 Tim. 3:16 - KJV), and there are many verses that reprove believers for all kinds of erroneous beliefs and practices. Conspicuous in its absence is any kind of reproof for not believing in the Trinity.

http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/genesis_1_1__by_biblical_unitarian__out_reach_judaism_and_jews_for_judaism
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
Sweetnecta: I am glad that Frosbel finally admit neither Jesus nor Holy Spirit is God.

Thank You , finally we agree that GOD is ONE and I am the happier for it.

Now you need to quit christianity altogether because the Bible, through the confusionist magic Paul stated Jesus and Holy Spirit are gods in addition to Ellah The God of Jesus.

Which is funny because Paul never said there were 3 gods, if he did, please show me in the bible.

Most people have not only misrepresented God but also Paul.

Paul was a Pharisaic Jew and stood for the Judaic creed of ONE GOD .

You cannot say you are a monotheist as a christian with what we find in the Bible.

Uncle grin , yes I can.

All the verses that have been used to suggest that there are 3 Gods in the bible are false, twisted and totally quoted out of context.

Time permitting, we can address these verses.

You best bet and the only radical and clearly worldwide Universal monotheists are the muslims; Islam is unlike the tribal monotheistic judaism or psedo monotheistic christianity.

Islam is a copycat of the true Monotheistic God of both the Jews and Christians.

Islam rejects all that Christ stands for and is therefore in my opinion invalid.

Jesus Christ is our Messiah, Redeemer and first born brother from the dead, without HIM we are truly doomed.

Blessings.
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by italo: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
italo: So who are the "US?"

Whose name is "I AM?"

*fingers crossed*
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Rich4god(m): 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2012
Only God 4gvs sins... If Jesus is not God, how can He 4gv sin?. Why do we have to be baptized in name of the trinity, why not in the name of God only?.
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by ijawkid(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
italo:

*fingers crossed*

Is "" I AM THAT I AM"" the same with ""I AM""

Let me school u on this.......

""I AM THAT I AM"" which also means "" I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE"" is what best,and closely explains the meaning of the tetragrammaton(YHWH)....

Try putting I am that I am in Jesus's statement....

""Before abraham was I am that I am""

Or

"" Before abraham was I will be what I will be""

Does it make sense??

Or what if Jesus said ""before abraham was I WILL BE"".....
How does that sound??

""I am "" is nobodies name mr.......

The pharisees were actually wondering how Jesus could know so much about abraham when he was just in his 30's.....

..And Jesus made them know he had existed as a spirit being in heaven b4 coming to the earth.....

Before abraham was "" I AM"" proves Jesus's pre-existence in heaven b4 coming to the earth,not that he is Yahweh........

If with all what frosbel has written to show u Jesus isnt Yahweh then I still don't knw what can help.....

How can ""I AM"" since that's d new meaning or an equivalent of Yahweh came to d earth and didn't know when the world would end,but rather said only 1 person(of which he isn't that person) knows d day and hour,??

Would Jesus not be suffering from multiple personality disorder to not know when the world would end if he is Yahweh??

Besides u haven't answered frosbels question if Yahweh can die??

Can Yahweh die??
If YES then Yahweh isn't GOD almighty...

If NO,then Jesus isn't Yahweh....

Chikena!!!!!!!........

Let the I AM expression not decieve u my bro......

We use that expression everyday,...that doesn't make us Yahweh does it??
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
Rich4god: Only God 4gvs sins... If Jesus is not God, how can He 4gv sin?. Why do we have to be baptized in name of the trinity, why not in the name of God only?.

Baptised in the name of Trinity ?

Where did you get this from.

The Father = Yahweh
The SON = Jesus Christ
Holy Spirit = God's spirit which indwells the believer

Does God have 2 spirits or 1 , tell me.

God is a Spirit , right ? What about the Holy Spirit, is this not God's spirit too
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by ijawkid(m): 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
Rich4god: Only God 4gvs sins... If Jesus is not God, how can He 4gv sin?. Why do we have to be baptized in name of the trinity, why not in the name of God only?.

This is d reply to ur answer......john 20:22 $ 23.....

22 And
with that he breathed on them and said,
“Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive
anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do
not forgive them, they are not forgiven...

Question for u...

Is it true Jesus's disciples could forgive sins??

My point??

God(Yahweh) gave Jesus authority to forgive sins,the same way Jesus gave his disciples the authority to do d same as is quoted up there......

Yahweh has d greatest authority...he is d source of all power...and Jesus who isn't Yahweh gets his power from Yahweh....

Read 1 corinthians 11;3.....
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
However, I want you to realize that Christ has
authority over every man, a husband has
authority over his wife, and God has authority
over Christ.

That's how it goes bro.....

So Jesus forgiving sins doesn't make him Yahweh......the authority to do that was given to him,he didn't just assume it....
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Rich4god(m): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
frosbel:

Baptised in the name of Trinity ?

Where did you get this from.

The Father = Yahweh
The SON = Jesus Christ
Holy Spirit = God's spirit which indwells the believer

Does God have 2 spirits or 1 , tell me.

God is a Spirit , right ? What about the Holy Spirit, is this not God's spirit too
Dont get me wrong. When i say trinity, i mean in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirity. My question again... Why are we not baptized in the name of God only, but instead it is in the name of the 3 Persons(trinity)?. When Christ breathed to the apostles, He said "recieve the Holy Spirit", why didnt He say "recieve God the Father (or God's spirit)?. Note = "May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit... Why did Paul have to call out the 3Person's why not just mention God alone.
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2012
Rich4god:
Dont get me wrong. When i say trinity, i mean in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirity. My question again... Why are we not baptized in the name of God only, but instead it is in the name of the 3 Persons(trinity)?. When Christ breathed to the apostles, He said "recieve the Holy Spirit", why didnt He say "recieve God the Father (or God's spirit)?. Note = "May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit... Why did Paul have to call out the 3Person's why not just mention God alone.

1. The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ does not mean Jesus is Yahweh. Jesus was full of grace and truth so it follows that he supplies us with abundant grace to live the perfect Christian life.

2. The Love of GOD . This is the love of Yahweh who loved us so much that he sent his SON our Lord Jesus to deliver us from this evil generation and defeat sin and death.

3. Fellowship of Holy Spirit is simple - "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." The presence of Christ is brought to us by the Spirit of GOD who is all in all.
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Rich4god(m): 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
@Ijawkid... Plz, i have a question for you. You said Jesus gave His disciple the authority to forgive sins... Now, did the disciple die with that authority or did they pass it down to other christians.
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by ijawkid(m): 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
Rich4god:

So tell us where paul says the HOLY spirit is a GOD or is GOD...

Are u assuming the holy spirit is GOD??

Because I can assume angel gabriel is God almighty too.....

Where is it written that the holy spirit is GOD....show me an explicit verse....

Right here,right now......

Oya start.......
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by ijawkid(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
Rich4god: @Ijawkid... Plz, i have a question for you. You said Jesus gave His disciple the authority to forgive sins... Now, did the disciple die with that authority or did they pass it down to other christians.

u haven't my question 1st.....

Did d apostles forgive sins or were able to forgive sins according to john 20:22 $ 23??

Yes or NO....

Because I know the apostles did...did it make them GOD??

Answer now......
Re: Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous by Rich4god(m): 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
@ijawkid... What do you have to say about John 1:1. And what did Jesus mean when He said that "I and the Father are one".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seeing My Late Mom In My Dreams Most Times. ( What Does It Mean) / Now You Can Open Your Third eyes with Elidaziel. A Professional Opening Service / Evil Pastors Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.