Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,467 members, 7,781,352 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:00 PM

Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners (20253 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015 / Nigerian Entertainment Awards Nominees #NEA2015 / Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEA) 2012: List Of Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by NEROSKY(m): 12:55am On Sep 04, 2012
The 7th annual Nigerian Entertainment Awards just ended couple of hours ago in New York City. The glamour and glitz of the event were as expected. It started with ‘Music on the Catwalk’ on friday, 31st August, continued on September 1 with Julius Agwu’s ‘Crack Ya Ribs’ and Nollywood Film Festival. The awards took place on September 2 at the NYU Skirball Performing Arts Center to cap a fun-filled weekend.

Funke Akindele and AY hosted the show and thrilled the audience with their humour. Waje, Ice Prince, Vector, and elDee were part of the performers who kept the audience dancing through the night.

Here are the award winners of the night.

Vector – Best Rap Act of the Year

Wizkid – Best Album of the Year

Wizkid – Best POP/R&B Artist of the Year

Davido – Hottest Single of the Year

Davido – Best New Act

Tim Godfrey – Gospel Artist/Group of the Year

Don Jazzy – Music Producer of the Year

Tinie Tempah – Best International Artist

Nawti (Olu Maintain) – Best Music Video of the Year

Eva – Most Promising Act to Watch

Vivian Ndour – Pan African Artist or Group of the Year

Awon Boyz – Best US Based Artist of The Year

Flavour – Best Indigenous Artist/Group

Wale Ojo(Phone Swap) – Best Actor

Funke Akindele – Best Actress

Kunle Afolayan(Phone Swap) – Best Film Director

Phone Swap – Best Picture

BBA – Best TV Show

Majid Michel (Somewhere in Africa) – Pan African Actor

Yvonne Okoro (Single Six) – Pan African Actress

DJ Jimmy Jatt – World DJ

Ali Baba – Best Comedian

Flytime- Entertainment Promoter

Uti Nwachukwu – Best Entertainment Personality

Toolz(Beat FM) – Media Personality

elDee – Entertainment Executive

Sauce Kid ft. Davido (Carolina) – Best Collabo of The Year

In attedance at the awards are Don Jazzy, D’Prince, Uche Jombo, Julius Agwu, Seyi Law, Funny Bone, Freeze of CoolFm, TuFace Idibia’s wife;

http://gidileak.com/wizkid-obo-davido-won-big-in-nigerian-entertainment-awards/

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 04, 2012
mtchewww who borrow Best comedian give AliBaba

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by bittyend(m): 2:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
Not a 'tribalist' but this looks like Yoruba Entertainment Awards. grin

I feel sorry for my Igbo family, but we're still the best! cool

Still the King of Igbo girls. wink

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by emekatimsu(m): 2:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
Ds wizkid boy is really sowing high and high everyday bt where is P square and D banj in d award list?

I guess Flavour is d only one representing the East coast...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by FKO1(m): 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
Na wa 4 naija o.
Wetin do lagos or abuja must it be hosted in another country !

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2012
Waiting!
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2012
bittyend: Not a 'tribalist' but this looks like Yoruba Entertainment Awards. grin

I feel sorry for my Igbo family, but we're still the best! cool

Still the King of Igbo girls. wink

Slow down bro... smiley
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Mosimosco(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2012
The award is full of Bleep y 1. Y didnt they do it in Nigerian 2. Those that are give the award dont worth it 3. There is "ojoro there" e.g comedian of the sud be given to basket mouth not alibaba...lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Mosimosco(m): 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2012
F.K.O:
Na wa 4 naija o.
Wetin do lagos or abuja must it be hosted in another country !
abi o
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by freecocoa(f): 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2012
All these mumu awards sef

Davido even win two, mstcheew.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2012
Ali baba?? Best comedian??
Does this guy still crack jokes??

While I agree Jimmy Jatt is a beast on the wheels of steel. . .but world dj??

Besides, why was the award held in America anyways??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by theripper: 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2012
Hmmmmmm, all dis naija awards sef? Which rap Vector rap sef?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by kensandrea: 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2012
THE WHOLE SHOW NA POLITICS

ALIBABA BEST CO****** SHIT

DAVIDO WHAT!!! BEST WATING DOUBLE!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

RUBBISH

DJ JIMMY JATT RUBBISH

MTCHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2012
Tinnie Tempah- best international artiste?!

[size=16pt]in 2012?[/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by venorite(m): 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2012
the_ripper: Hmmmmmm, all dis naija awards sef? Which rap Vector rap sef?

someome from planet earth,thought i was alone on this...hate that vector guy with a passion...mtshew

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by atuboweke(m): 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2012
Arrangee Award!! pay as u go, thats y they did it in diaspora.
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Afam4eva(m): 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2012
I've really lost hope in all these awards because the emergence of their winners is not transparent at all.
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by safarigirl(f): 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2012
Who be Awon Boys for diasporan acts? What happened to Asa and Nneka? Who gave Vector rap artiste of the year? What about Ice prince? Ali Baba, best comedian? May be in the 90's. Why are we celebrating noise (Davido)? Why not Brymo? What has eLDee done to deserve an award? Na only Dön Jazzy be Naija producer? Why must he win every year? How Jimmy Jatt take win? What is the criteria for winning? Who voted? And most importantly, why is it being hosted in the US? The black man and his inferiority, an American can never host any award out of his country, even if it's Garium Awards. At this rate, Sina Rambo will soon be carting away awards, Nigerians seem to be experts at celebrating mediocre acts, plus, someone failed to do his homework. An award show that isn't hosted in Nigeria, is not Nigerian, end of story.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Asemo11(m): 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2012
I think vector deserve it

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by ckhelvin: 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2012
where my tu face dey abeg...even dou una gif am best sex performance stil beta...buh 4real dem fkup nah...rubbish awardz...all na politicz undecided cry
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2012
Rubbish.... They just sat down and wrote this trash.
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Yungchamp(m): 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2012
Mtcheeeeew,,,,,dem no fit do am for their country :/:/
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by poyet(m): 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2012
grin There wil be war and pandemonium, because each local police will be interested in being tribalistic
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Afam4eva(m): 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2012
safarigirl: Who be Awon Boys for diasporan acts? What happened to Asa and Nneka? Who gave Vector rap artiste of the year? What about Ice prince? Ali Baba, best comedian? May be in the 90's. Why are we celebrating noise (Davido)? Why not Brymo? What has eLDee done to deserve an award? Na only Dön Jazzy be Naija producer? Why must he win every year? How Jimmy Jatt take win? What is the criteria for winning? Who voted? And most importantly, why is it being hosted in the US? The black man and his inferiority, an American can never host any award out of his country, even if it's Garium Awards. At this rate, Sina Rambo will soon be carting away awards, Nigerians seem to be experts at celebrating mediocre acts, plus, someone failed to do his homework. An award show that isn't hosted in Nigeria, is not Nigerian, end of story.
+1000

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by boron10(m): 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2012
OMO IBO: Ali baba?? Best comedian??
Does this guy still crack jokes??

While I agree Jimmy Jatt is a beast on the wheels of steel. . .but world dj??

Besides, why was the award held in America anyways??
simple! The award was held i America to prevent broke a.s.s nigerians and garri advocates like you from grazing the place
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by gudnex22(m): 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2012
Na wash!!! What happen to psquare, M I, ice prince, Brymo, Dbanj May D, ? Shame on them are they not suppose to host the show in their father's land why hosting it in another country?
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by SlyIg(f): 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
An award that doesnt interest anyone cos of what is too numerous for me to outline here. But must they host it outside Naija? ... Next pls ...
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 04, 2012
boron10:
simple! The award was held i America to prevent broke a.s.s nigerians and garri advocates like you from grazing the place
Imagine the schlep and consummate twunt calling someone else broke.

If attending make-believe award showss is a yardstick for measuring how broke I am I'd rather be holed up in my-face-me-I-face-you cabana while you and your ilk pay to go see Awon Boyz

Schmuck!
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by Kolade9(m): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
Na only Vector and Eva dey make my belle sweet
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by boron10(m): 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2012
gudnex22: Na wash!!! What happen to psquare, M I, ice prince, Brymo, Dbanj May D, ? Shame on them are they not suppose to host the show in their father's land why hosting it in another country?
These people mentioned here are too posh and sexy for the award na. They deal with international award not local. The organizers were afraid that the awards might be rejected by the awardees and they so much dread embarassment, hence their not giving the above artistes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners by boron10(m): 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2012
OMO IBO:
Imagine the shlep and consummate twunt calling someone else broke.

If attending make-believe award showss is a yardstick for measuring how broke I am I'd rather be holed up in my-face-me-I-face-you cabana while you and your ilk pay to go see Awon Boyz

Shmuck!
Dont take it personal, it was just a harmless assertion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

D’banj Signs Olamide To DB Records / P-Square's Personally Surpasses 3Million Youtube Views In 8 weeks / Glo Slashes D'banj, Sunny Neji & Pasuma's Endorsement Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.