Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity (5230 Views)

Buhari Approved The Appointment Of New Vcs For The 12 Universities / Man, 26, Emerges UNIOSUN Best With 4.9/5 CGPA As VC Bows Out / Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 04, 2012
The Kano State Government has ratified the appointment of the Vice- Chancellor/ChiefExecutive, Twintech International College of Technology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Prof. Dato Razali Bin Agus, as the substantiveVC of North West University.
The NWU owned by the stategovernment was establishedto improve access of Kano State indigenes to university.
The state governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso , ratified the appointment when he received the new principal officers of the university in his office on Saturday.
He also approved the appointment of Mr. Faruk ‘Yanganau as the registrar; Sunusi Nassarawa, librarian and Yusuf Isa as the bursar.
Kwankwaso charged them to be steadfast in nurturing theuniversity into an enviable model in Nigeria and beyond.
The governor insisted that, although the task of managing a new tertiary institution would be challenging, he expressed confidence that the principal officers would live up to expectation taking into consideration their antecedents.
He thanked the chairman andmembers of the Implementation Committee of the university for a job well done, expressing hope they would continue to work in tandem with its new management to achieve the desired goals.
Responding, the Chairman of the committee, Prof. Hafiz Abubakar, informed the government that all the principal officers were recruited after painstaking assessments and interviews.
Abubakar assured that with men of their calibre, the university would commence its activities on a sound footing.
Also speaking on behalf of the new appointees, Agus promised to work diligently towards the growth and development of education in the university and the state in general.
Source
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Acidosis(m): 8:44am On Sep 04, 2012
Good for them
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:57am On Sep 04, 2012
WTF it should be ratified..
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 04, 2012
No picture of said Malaysian? Or the kwashiorkor governor? Anyhoo, good for them.
On another note, there is now a Southwestern university and a North West university. Hmmm.......I smell "split" trousers.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Seunluvsgarri: 11:01am On Sep 04, 2012
who cares about their God-forsaken schools.
This will not stop me from crunching and munching garium sativa
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Morgan1092(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2012
Nice step, if d VC wud stay long. Bt whts d source of dis post?
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Gonzaga1010(m): 11:06am On Sep 04, 2012
Nah wa!
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by oduko: 11:07am On Sep 04, 2012
Well. I am tired of being amazed by this country.
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Nwoka(m): 11:08am On Sep 04, 2012
As if malaysia will appoint Naija professor as vc!!
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 04, 2012
Morgan1092: Nice step, if d VC wud stay long. Bt whts d source of dis post?
It's dere
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by dasparrow: 11:10am On Sep 04, 2012
@Post

Nigerians and our obnoxious habit of always putting outsiders/foreigners above our fellow compatriots. And then we wonder why Nigeria is not progressing. Inferiority complex and self hate is what is causing this type of rubbish. How many Nigerians are VC in malaysia? We just never learn.
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Creatrixity(m): 11:11am On Sep 04, 2012
I hope this malaysian man carry "bomb-proof" follow for body!..ebamma,your comment is not in line with this thread topic..is ur g-in the hood factory burnt down?
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by GARRIx7(m): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2012
the appointment of the Vice- Chancellor/ChiefExecutive, Twintech International College of Technology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Prof. Dato Razali Bin Agus, as the substantiveVC of North West University.

Will this guy be in two schools at the same time ??
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Morgan1092(m): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2012
Joyturns2: It's dere
Ok! Hav sn it
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 04, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Will this guy be in two schools at the same time ??
My thought, maybe he'll leave the previous work.
Morgan1092: Ok! Hav sn it
Alright
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Sanguine77(m): 11:22am On Sep 04, 2012
Are there no qualified Nigerians who can be made VC? Onye awusa would rather give an appointment to a foreigner than to a qualified personnel from the South. Smh for aboki and their colonial mentaity.
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by 9jauk: 11:37am On Sep 04, 2012
Amazing I must say...is shocking they didn't source for V C in saudi or Yemen rago ways are just different.
I wonder if NORTHERNS are part of Nigeria..mirage.
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by buchibabe: 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2012
Will dis eradicate d boko haram menace in d north?....*yawns* retires to bed
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Everest9(m): 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2012
Good
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by abdulkayus(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2012
Sanguine77: Are there no qualified Nigerians who can be made VC? Onye awusa would rather give an appointment to a foreigner than to a qualified personnel from the South. Smh for aboki and their colonial mentaity.

y d hate dude, there are better candidate frm kano or north also dat can chair dat position bt d malaysian is wat d caretaker committe recommend. Hw many northern lecturerehav u emply in southern uni, be happy for dem dude, CIAO.
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by abdulkayus(m): 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2012
Seun_luvs_garri: who cares about their God-forsaken schools.
This will not stop me from crunching and munching garium sativa

if u dont care, many of our southern brother and sister care, dey are there in thousands schoolin, so stop d hatred, its nt gud for ur health. CIAO
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by alphaconde(m): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2012
I comment my reserve
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
How does this affect the price of arri? Like someone will ask...where is he now? Is he unbanned? or Ungbanaed
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by nkemKalu: 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2012
AND WHEN WILL THE GOVERNOR VACATE THAT SEAT AND APPOINT ANOTHER MALAYSIAN MAN TO BE HIS GOVERNOR?........ODEH GOVERNOR WHO DOESN'T KNOW THAT MALAYSIA WAS DEVELOPED BY THE MALAYSIANS, AMERICA BY THE AMERICANS, BRITAIN BY THE BRITISH.....ETC. ARRANT NONESENCE......THAT WAS HOW THE NFF WENT AND APPOINTED CHRISTIAN CHUKWU AS SUPER EAGLES COACH AND THEY WERE PAYING HIM N800,000 (EIGH HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA) PER MONTH....NO OFFICIAL QUARTERS IN ABUJA, NO OFFICIAL CAR, NO OTHER SINGLE ALLOWANCE AND UPON THAT ALOT OF THEM IN NFF STILL COLLECT SOME PERCENTAGE AS BRIBE FROM THE LITTLE PAY. EVENTUALLY, WHEN CHUKWU LEFT, THEY EMPLOYED BORA WHO TOOK US TO FRANCE 98 AND THEY WERE PAYING THE GUY...$50, 000 (FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS PER MONTH, LODGED HIM IN THE BEST HOTEL, GAVE HIM THE BEST ACCOMMODATION IN ABUJA, WITH CHAUFFER DRIVEN CAR AND A DRIVER, COOK AND EVERYTHING, YET THE MAN FUMBLED AND WE WERE KICKED OUT OF FRANCE 98 IN THE FIRST ROUND. WHAT A USELESS DECISION. I THINK IT IS RIGHT TIME WE ALSO BRING FOREIGNERS TO BE GOVERNORS IN SOME OF THESE USELESS STATES AND POSSIBLE A FOREIGN PRESIDENT TOO. HONESTLY....THAT GOVERNOR SHOULD BE CHANGED WITH A MALAYSIAN GOVERNOR.....IF U BELIVE ME SAY.....YEAH. if it is a caretaker committee that recommended the MALASIAN ....then they should be disbanded and replaced with foreigners to teach them how to make better decisions. FOOLS

2 Likes

Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by nkemKalu: 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

Nigerians and our obnoxious habit of always putting outsiders/foreigners above our fellow compatriots. And then we wonder why Nigeria is not progressing. Inferiority complex and self hate is what is causing this type of rubbish. How many Nigerians are VC in malaysia? We just never learn.
......U are very correct...aboslutely correct. Everybody in Nigeria needs foreign things including those who are supposed to educate others like the GOVERNOR himself. Let him be sick today....he will run to Malaysia for treatment....hahahaha and he cannot fix his own hospitals. HABA...NA WAOH
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by Limaoscar: 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2012
AND WHEN WILL THE GOVERNOR VACATE THAT SEAT AND APPOINT ANOTHER MALAYSIAN MAN TO BE HIS GOVERNOR?........ODEH GOVERNOR WHO DOESN'T KNOW THAT MALAYSIA WAS DEVELOPED BY THE MALAYSIANS, AMERICA BY THE AMERICANS, BRITAIN BY THE BRITISH.....ETC. ARRANT NONESENCE......THAT WAS HOW THE NFF WENT AND APPOINTED CHRISTIAN CHUKWU AS SUPER EAGLES COACH AND THEY WERE PAYING HIM N800,000 (EIGH HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA) PER MONTH....NO OFFICIAL QUARTERS IN ABUJA, NO OFFICIAL CAR, NO OTHER SINGLE ALLOWANCE AND UPON THAT ALOT OF THEM IN NFF STILL COLLECT SOME PERCENTAGE AS BRIBE FROM THE LITTLE PAY. EVENTUALLY, WHEN CHUKWU LEFT, THEY EMPLOYED BORA WHO TOOK US TO FRANCE 98 AND THEY WERE PAYING THE GUY...$50, 000 (FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS PER MONTH, LODGED HIM IN THE BEST HOTEL, GAVE HIM THE BEST ACCOMMODATION IN ABUJA,WITH CHAUFFER DRIVEN CAR AND A DRIVER,COOK AND EVERYTHING, YET THE MAN FUMBLED AND WE WERE KICKED OUT OF FRANCE 98 IN THE FIRST ROUND. WHAT A USELESS DECISION. I THINK IT IS RIGHT TIME WE ALSO BRING FOREIGNERS TO BE GOVERNORS IN SOME OF THESE USELESS STATES AND POSSIBLE A FOREIGN PRESIDENT TOO. HONESTLY....THAT GOVERNOR SHOULD BE CHANGED WITH A MALAYSIAN GOVERNOR.....IF U BELIVE ME SAY.....YEAH. if it is a caretaker committee that recommended the MALASIAN ....then they should be disbanded and replaced with foreigners to teach them how to make better decisions. FOOLS

Guy, what's the crap "WITH CHAUFFER DRIVEN CAR AND A DRIVER" up there suppose to imply?
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by safarigirl(f): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
I don't think the Malaysian dude is aware of the security situation over there, wasn't it BUK that recently complained that they were searching for lecturers? Una no wan do the work, una no want other people to do the work, na wa.
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by maipeople(m): 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2012
I swear when I saw this I got headache.
TWINTECH University in Malaysia is not recognise by other universites.
Most universities in Malaysia will not offer you an admission for Master degree if you present TWINTECH University certificate.
TWINTECH University is the 79th out of 80 (second to the last)univerities in Malaysia in webometrics ranking
TWITECH University has been ranked 17,596 in the world, compare it with common Auchi Polytechnic in Nigeria that ranked 2,487 in the same webomatrics scale.
Check these links below to see it by yourself.
Oh my GOD, this people are really killing us
http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa/Nigeria
http://www.webometrics.info/en/Asia/Malaysia%20
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by PhysicsQED(m): 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2012
maipeople: I swear when I saw this I got headache.
TWINTECH University in Malaysia is not recognise by other universites.
Most universities in Malaysia will not offer you an admission for Master degree if you present TWINTECH University certificate.
TWINTECH University is the 79th out of 80 (second to the last)univerities in Malaysia in webometrics ranking
TWITECH University has been ranked 17,596 in the world, compare it with common Auchi Polytechnic in Nigeria that ranked 2,487 in the same webomatrics scale.
Check these links below to see it by yourself.
Oh my GOD, this people are really killing us
http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa/Nigeria
http://www.webometrics.info/en/Asia/Malaysia%20

Damn. Well I think we can safely say that the Kano State Government and the committee that appointed the Malaysian are fools and are suffering from a severe inferiority complex.
Re: Kano Ratifies Appointment Of A Malaysian As VC For New Varsity by mariousroi: 8:34pm On Sep 04, 2012
[quote author=nkem Kalu]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG / 10 DEADLY WEAPONS OF THE MIDDLE AGES[PHOTOS] / (Picture)Which School Could These Guys Have Graduated From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.