Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender (29778 Views)

Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Ifyx(m): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2012
Pls i nid ansas 2 dis questiøn urgently....
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Ifyx(m): 9:41am On Sep 07, 2012
I nid ansas ø
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by OmoAlata(f): 10:13am On Sep 07, 2012
A.F.A.I.K. the reason why some churches frown on wearing ear-rings/jewellery is because you don't know where the jewellery has been passed down from. It could be some demonic jewellery kept in a family and passed down from one generation to another thereby keeping the familiar spirit contained in that family.

I, personally, don't think it matters if you buy it yourself but then again, this is MY opinion, so don't slate me for it. If, however, someone can pinpoint it out in the Bible, I'll be interested too wink

And before you quote Leviticus 19:28 - Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead. The keyword is for the dead wink

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Ifyx(m): 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
Omo Alata: A.F.A.I.K. the reason why some churches frown on wearing ear-rings/jewellery is because you don't know where the jewellery has been passed down from. It could be some demonic jewellery kept in a family and passed down from one generation to another thereby keeping the familiar spirit contained in that family.

I, personally, don't think it matters if you buy it yourself but then again, this is MY opinion, so don't slate me for it. If, however, someone can pinpoint it out in the Bible, I'll be interested too wink

And before you quote Leviticus 19:28 - Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead. The keyword is for the dead wink
tenkz gal
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by seyistjones: 7:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
Gen.35:2-4.Then Jacob said unto his household(household of God),and to all that were with him,Put away the strange gods that are among you,and be clean,and change your garments.... And they gave unto Jacob all the strange god which were in their hand,and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem. 1Peter 3:1-5....Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold,or of putting on of apparel...
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by paulcr7: 11:18pm On Sep 09, 2012
Isaiah3:16-18,1timothy2:9
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by CrazyMan(m): 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2012
seyi st jones: Gen.35:2-4.Then Jacob said unto his household(household of God),and to all that were with him,Put away the strange gods that are among you,and be clean,and change your garments.... And they gave unto Jacob all the strange god which were in their hand,and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem.
What point exactly are you trying to prove with that passage you put up there? Are trying to tell me that the children of israel never put on earrings again?

Please if you don't understand the bible, don't try to misinterpret it...

Earring has nothing to do with christianity. Any pastor who spends time laying emphasis on it should be considered a joker. Because Jesus last words on earth to his disciples was to spread the good news and win souls and not to debate whether or not earring is good.

3 Likes

Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Joagbaje(m): 10:07am On Sep 10, 2012
God is not against it. Those who use Gods name to preach against it do it by mis understanding of scriptures. Israelites wore jewelries bith make and female.

Exodus 32:2
And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

If God was against it he would have said. So. His negative response to it is only in illustrations .
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Ifyx(m): 8:14am On Sep 13, 2012
Wøw,different views..døn't knøw which 1 2 believe
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by plappville(f): 9:05am On Sep 13, 2012
Ifyx: Wøw,different views..døn't knøw which 1 2 believe

Hehehehe...why are u confused? See reason to @Joagbaje's poste. You will agree with me that they all had thier earrings, yet God too them out of Egypt. He didnt look at thier outfit, but heard thier heart when they cried to him. Gold was never condernmed in the bible. However, it may be something some fellow may see as thier God. Do not allow urself to be influenced by material things. This may be sinful because the bible say. "Any wrong doing is a sin".

1 Like

Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by ijawkid(m): 10:17am On Sep 13, 2012
Its all about modesty....

But christians shuld be considerate so as not to stumble others by there wearing jewelries....

Our Jewelries shuld never portray us as extravagant and showy....

To cut it short MOdesty is the watch word .....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Ifyx(m): 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
ijawkid: Its all about modesty....

But christians shuld be considerate so as not to stumble others by there wearing jewelries....

Our Jewelries shuld never portray us as extravagant and showy....

To cut it short MOdesty is the watch word .....
true talk
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Ifyx(m): 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
Hapi sundae y'all
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Acidosis(m): 8:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
A must read
Jeremiah 4

The words of Prophet Jeremiah to
the people of Israel

IN VERSE 30
"Why do you put on your most beautiful clothing and jewelry and brighten your eyes with mascara? It will do you no good! Your allies despise you and will kill you.
@op,
One thing you must know is:
Even sinners always look for bible references to back up their sins. So let the Holy spirit of God guide and lead you.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Ifyx(m): 9:11pm On Sep 16, 2012
Acidosis: A must read
Jeremiah 4

The words of Prophet Jeremiah to
the people of Israel

IN VERSE 30
"Why do you put on your most beautiful clothing and jewelry and brighten your eyes with mascara? It will do you no good! Your allies despise you and will kill you.
@op,
One thing you must know is:
Even sinners always look for bible references to back up their sins. So let the Holy spirit of God guide and lead you.

tenkz man
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Ifyx(m): 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
Is dere any1 else wit anøda biblical prøøf
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Image123(m): 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
wetin you wan take biblical proof do? you get project? if you don't want to wear again then stop abi na by force?
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Ifyx(m): 8:09am On Sep 18, 2012
Image123: wetin you wan take biblical proof do? you get project? if you don't want to wear again then stop abi na by force?
chill nw,if u dnt av anytin 2 say,jez bak øff
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Image123(m): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2012
so na by force, i see.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Ifyx(m): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2012
Image123: so na by force, i see.
nw u knw
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Image123(m): 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2012
1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
1Pe 3:5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

On the surface and peripheral, i'll say the issue of jewelry and adornment is not important, and of course IT IS NOT A CRITERIA for God to accept us. Jesus, grace, and faith interwoven is the criteria for acceptance before God. But on the base/foundation, looking into a higher experience, and a deeper walk, and a broader reward, i'll say the tone of scripture is against it. Unless we look at the unseen powers behind material things, we would readily be sucked in. Peter sets "the outward adorning" in direct contrast with "the hidden/inner ornament" which is in the sight of God of great price. The outward is what the world drives and thrives in. Many people would say they don't have any big reason for outward adornment, yet they would not do without it, not on their life. the honest truth is that most are gripped by the power of the world, without knowing it. I've seen people who would not step into some churches because they don't want to put off the outward adornment. I've also seen some who would not step out of their house, or go to work, school, a friend's place without it. Anyways, whatever a christian does, do it to the glory of God, whether you use or you no use.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Ifyx(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
Image123: 1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
1Pe 3:5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

On the surface and peripheral, i'll say the issue of jewelry and adornment is not important, and of course IT IS NOT A CRITERIA for God to accept us. Jesus, grace, and faith interwoven is the criteria for acceptance before God. But on the base/foundation, looking into a higher experience, and a deeper walk, and a broader reward, i'll say the tone of scripture is against it. Unless we look at the unseen powers behind material things, we would readily be sucked in. Peter sets "the outward adorning" in direct contrast with "the hidden/inner ornament" which is in the sight of God of great price. The outward is what the world drives and thrives in. Many people would say they don't have any big reason for outward adornment, yet they would not do without it, not on their life. the honest truth is that most are gripped by the power of the world, without knowing it. I've seen people who would not step into some churches because they don't want to put off the outward adornment. I've also seen some who would not step out of their house, or go to work, school, a friend's place without it. Anyways, whatever a christian does, do it to the glory of God, whether you use or you no use.
tenkz
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Ifyx(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2012
Jst pazin by..
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by seyistjones: 5:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
God is working in our generation to solve the problem of varied interpretations of Scriptures.He desires to bring all men to the unity of the faith. This HE does by given divine revelations to many in our day. If the Bible is every believer's standard.Then, the tone and summary of of Isaiah 3:16-18, and 1Peter 3:3-5, is for women not to adorn themselves with jewelries,perming or jerry curling their hair or using attachment on their hair,or painting their faces with all sorts. Many people have had encounters with God in which they were shown Heaven and Hell-Fire. The judgement was fierce and will still be fierce. The Devil is holding "crusades" or what i call "Hellvangelism" and many believers and born-agains are strong members. 1Peter 4:17, declares that judgement must first begin at the house of God....and scarcely shall the righteous be saved... You think the Bible was joking... The accusers of brethren is at the gate of Heaven using this same scriptures to drag believers to Hell-Fire. Those who are fervent in the spirit will sacrifice everything for God to make Heaven, while the "lukewarm" christians will see nothing in going to Hell-Fire. According to those who have had divine revelations of Heaven and Hell, there were years whereby no single believer walked on the narrow way to Heaven, but billions are rushing through the broad way that leads to hell every second. "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto to the churches.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Goshen360(m): 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
King James Version (KJV)
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: - 1 Peter 3:1-5

Erroneous believe and teachings that women cannot wear gold, women cannot plait their hair etc. Where do you people get all these interpretation and teachings from? So you are saying women cannot take care of their hair or what? They cannot use jewelry? Why can't you people leave scriptures the very way it is rather than reading religious interpretation into it. If you are telling us the scripture is saying woman should not wear gold and women should not plait their hair, you're also saying or teaching women should NOT put on cloths because same scriptures says, "OR OF PUTTING ON OF APPAREL"

What that scripture is saying is that, women should not EXALT their OUTWARD adornment than their INNER beauty. It's saying, It is not the  external things like fancy braided; elaborate hair, gold jewelry, or fine clothes that should make you beautiful or  be your adornment but rather, your beauty should come from within your inner self;  the hidden/secret person of the heart — the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit that will never be destroyed fade; perish and is very valuable; of great worth to God.

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 31, 2013
Goshen360: King James Version (KJV)
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: - 1 Peter 3:1-5

Erroneous believe and teachings that women cannot wear gold, women cannot plait their hair etc. Where do you people get all these interpretation and teachings from? So you are saying women cannot take care of their hair or what? They cannot use jewelry? Why can't you people leave scriptures the very way it is rather than reading religious interpretation into it. If you are telling us the scripture is saying woman should not wear gold and women should not plait their hair, you're also saying or teaching women should NOT put on cloths because same scriptures says, "OR OF PUTTING ON OF APPAREL"

What that scripture is saying is that, women should not exalt their OUTWARD adornment than their inner beauty. It's saying, It is not the  external things like fancy braided; elaborate hair, gold jewelry, or fine clothes that should make you beautiful or  be your adornment but rather, your beauty should come from within your inner self;  the hidden/secret person of the heart — the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit that will never be destroyed fade; perish and is very valuable; of great worth to God.

Bravo!!!
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by christemmbassey(m): 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
Goshen360: King James Version (KJV)

What that scripture is saying is that, women should not EXALT their OUTWARD adornment than their INNER beauty. It's saying, It is not the  external things like fancy braided; elaborate hair, gold jewelry, or fine clothes that should make you beautiful or  be your adornment but rather, your beauty should come from within your inner self;  the hidden/secret person of the heart — the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit that will never be destroyed fade; perish and is very valuable; of great worth to God.
i told you? The work outside the church is too small, the real challenge is inside the church, imagine what ppl are teaching others, God have mercy.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by christemmbassey(m): 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
seyi st jones: God is working in our generation to solve the problem of varied interpretations of Scriptures.He desires to bring all men to the unity of the faith. This HE does by given divine revelations to many in our day. If the Bible is every believer's standard.Then, the tone and summary of of Isaiah 3:16-18, and 1Peter 3:3-5, is for women not to adorn themselves with jewelries,perming or jerry curling their hair or using attachment on their hair,or painting their faces with all sorts. Many people have had encounters with God in which they were shown Heaven and Hell-Fire. The judgement was fierce and will still be fierce. The Devil is holding "crusades" or what i call "Hellvangelism" and many believers and born-agains are strong members. 1Peter 4:17, declares that judgement must first begin at the house of God....and scarcely shall the righteous be saved... You think the Bible was joking... The accusers of brethren is at the gate of Heaven using this same scriptures to drag believers to Hell-Fire. Those who are fervent in the spirit will sacrifice everything for God to make Heaven, while the "lukewarm" christians will see nothing in going to Hell-Fire. According to those who have had divine revelations of Heaven and Hell, there were years whereby no single believer walked on the narrow way to Heaven, but billions are rushing through the broad way that leads to hell every second. "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto to the churches.
preach the Gospel, Gospel Gospel, pls leave all these distractions. You ppl never even stop for a moment and ask urselves, why did Christ come to the world? To stnp women from wearing make up? OMG!
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Goshen360(m): 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
christemmbassey: i told you? The work outside the church is too small, the real challenge is inside the church, imagine what ppl are teaching others, God have mercy.

My brother, NOW I believe you. You're right. It was the religious people that Jesus had to deal with the most during his days on earth. The religious people shut the doors of the kingdom of God against God's people. Too many things going on in the church. OmG, I'm sick off these out-of-context interpretation and religious believes.
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by christemmbassey(m): 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
seyi st jones: God is working in our generation to solve the problem of varied interpretations of Scriptures.He desires to bring all men to the unity of the faith. This HE does by given divine revelations to many in our day. If the Bible is every believer's standard.Then, the tone and summary of of Isaiah 3:16-18, and 1Peter 3:3-5, is for women not to adorn themselves with jewelries,perming or jerry curling their hair or using attachment on their hair,or painting their faces with all sorts. Many people have had encounters with God in which they were shown Heaven and Hell-Fire. The judgement was fierce and will still be fierce. The Devil is holding "crusades" or what i call "Hellvangelism" and many believers and born-agains are strong members. 1Peter 4:17, declares that judgement must first begin at the house of God....and scarcely shall the righteous be saved... You think the Bible was joking... The accusers of brethren is at the gate of Heaven using this same scriptures to drag believers to Hell-Fire. Those who are fervent in the spirit will sacrifice everything for God to make Heaven, while the "lukewarm" christians will see nothing in going to Hell-Fire. According to those who have had divine revelations of Heaven and Hell, there were years whereby no single believer walked on the narrow way to Heaven, but billions are rushing through the broad way that leads to hell every second. "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto to the churches.
preach the Gospel, Gospel Gospel, pls leave all these distractions. You ppl never even stop for a moment and ask urselves, why did Christ come to the world? To stnp women from wearing make up? OMG!
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by Goshen360(m): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
christemmbassey: preach the Gospel, Gospel Gospel, pls leave all these distractions. You ppl never even stop for a moment and ask urselves, why did Christ come to the world? To stnp women from wearing make up? OMG!

^

grin grin grin
Re: Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender by christemmbassey(m): 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
Goshen360:

My brother, NOW I believe you. You're right. It was the religious people that Jesus had to deal with the most during his days on earth. The religious people shut the doors of the kingdom of God against God's people. Too many things going on in the church. OmG, I'm sick off these out-of-context interpretation and religious believes.
i really wish we can do something, the most suprising thing these are the type of ppl and place many christians love, ive discovered that man never really wanted to be free, no matter what you do he must always find his way back to bondage/prison, he likes the feelings of bondage, imagine some ppl actually went back to Egypt. How can we help these recidivists?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-Mad Woman Becomes Choir Mistress After 35 Years Of Insanity (photo) / Dominion City Lagos Adopts Woman Delivered Of A Baby Under Ajah Bridge, Lagos / Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.