Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,267 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

The 3 Smart Habits Of Highly Succesful People You Should Have - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The 3 Smart Habits Of Highly Succesful People You Should Have (1361 Views)

7 Writing Habits Of Amazing Writers (part 1) Written By Leo Babauta / Practising Success Habits / Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 3 Smart Habits Of Highly Succesful People You Should Have by otigainspires(m): 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2012
Following my previous post on two important questions to ask yourself every day(on my blog), I have decided to come up with 3 smart habits of successful people as I have noticed over time from their personal life to the growth of their individual businesses.

The habits are numerous, but I have just decided to add up only 3 of the most important habits. Since habits makes a person and build ones character, it is only logical to imbibe and follow these habits everyday for maximum living and productivity.
Three (3) smart habits of Successful People

Early Wake up: Some people have for so long neglected the use of starting each day before the sunrise. Successful people in time history have proven effective with this secret of time management. Imagine the benefits of being up early at 5am to tidy up a few things, relax your brain before facing the day ahead. These small hours before everybody wakes up is a good time to reach an old friend (via email or text message), read that book you’ve always not had the time for. Entrepreneurs can also make use of this great time to reach out to business contacts, it’s bad to only call when you need help or need some business transactions to be made. It strengthens the bond of your working relationship and enriches your productivity, give it a try, it has proven effective for me as I had fought over it for weeks before coming to a constant wake up time of 5am each day.

Read each day, Never stop learning: Information is a vital tool for success. What distinguishes the successful individual from the less productive is Information. Read any good book you lay your hands on, no knowledge is wasted. Take time to read news (even if its headlines) concerning your country, area of expertise and personal development blogs to motivate and keep you focused. Nobody can be 100% focused so, read motivational books, articles that could help you grow in the positive direction. I recommend business books like: Rich Dad, poor dad, by Robert Kiyosaki or personal development books like The Seven habits of highly successful people by Stephen Covey. If you are the busy type, use the extra time carved out in Number one to read.

Be Best at what you do
: This last point is the most crucial part for any level of success that you want to attain. Look deep within you, find what you are best at and be the best at what you do. Look for books, Articles, websites that are relevant in your niche to help develop the needed skills to keep you updated. Competition is everywhere, stay updated, stay focused. I bet Bill Gates wouldn’t have been much relevant if he was not up-to-date with the demands of the modern day technology.

Please share more tips with us if you have any that should be added to the 3 aforementioned.
you can check my blog for more of this www.otigainspires.com wink
Re: The 3 Smart Habits Of Highly Succesful People You Should Have by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2012
I'm a night owl and find that I function optimally at night, maybe that's why I've lost a billion neural connections in my brain.
Re: The 3 Smart Habits Of Highly Succesful People You Should Have by otigainspires(m): 11:36pm On Sep 04, 2012
Horayce: I'm a night owl and find that I function optimally at night, maybe that's why I've lost a billion neural connections in my brain.
Really? Like seriously??

(1) (Reply)

What A Life...a Tribute To Late Prof. Chinua Achebe / 'the Lady Next My Door' A Story From Wurastories / Help! Where Can I Find Books On Nigeria's Civil War?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.