Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / . (2161 Views)

Did I Get A Good Laptop Bergain? / Any Good Laptop Shop In Lagos Or Ibadan? / Can I Get A Good Laptop For 50,000 Naira? (2) (3) (4)

. by choosen1: 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2012
Re: . by adetwin(m): 7:49am On Sep 07, 2012
when u dey ready Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 07057140885/07082998588
Re: . by akaebux(m): 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2012
choosen1: I have never owned a lappy before and would be getting one in a week's time here in naija.Am kinda confused which one to go for either hp or dell,but i have been hearing negative comments on hp regarding their durability.
I don't really know much about specs but i know a 4gb ram will do,and also one with a fast processor,graphic card(nividia or wateva u guys call it)..
You comments will be helpful cos i don't want to buy what i will end up regretting.I have a budget of 90-100k

You must define what you want to use the laptop for. All laptops have their pros and cons so, if you figure out your major use of laptop, you may be able to streamline.

For instance, I always recommend DELL and Ultrabooks to certain working class people cos of their Hard disk/instant booting reputation. I will always recommend hp pavillion series to students of certain class cos of entertainment and 'swag'. Asus/Acer/compaq for low end/irregular laptop users. Acer for WiFi hoppers. You may also want to consider a tablet PC of some sort. It all depends on what you want to do with it.
Re: . by choosen1: 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2012
Re: . by akaebux(m): 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2012
choosen1: I will be using it for gaming..programming..animation e..t..c.. I may not be able to list others cos i am somewhat new to the computing world,but i know i need a decent reliable laptop a...k..a machine...
Btw is hp pavillon reliable..cos from what i have been hearing,hp ain't strong compared to dell.. I haven't used any personal laptop before,but there's just something i love about dell. I dont just know maybe it's the name lol..

You are right. DELL is very lovely. I have been using hp pavillion since 2008 and my problem now is only the battery. I also played the hell out of Pro Evolution Soccer on it (quite smooth). I also have a Touchsmart which has not given any problems so far. I once used a friend's DELL Inspiron for a while... lovely stuff.

Gaming... Programming... Animation etc in Nigeria condition... I'll go for a DELL with core i5 or i3 processor, 3gb or 4gb RAM, NVDIA. Hard disk should be standard but, don't make the mistake of focusing on hard disk size. For your key functions stated, Processor, RAM and GRAPHICS should be the top priority. It should come with an original windows 7 (optional).

On the other hand, if you are a chronic gamer, go get yourself an Alienware laptop.

All the best.
Re: . by choosen1: 8:31pm On Sep 07, 2012
Re: . by enquirydon: 9:30am On Sep 08, 2012
del 14Z core i3, 1terabyte ,6gig ram just 98,000
Re: . by choosen1: 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
Re: . by leunamme93(m): 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
if i may ask, wat is ur budget?
Re: . by chemashie(m): 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
Car charger for all type of laptops. It has a connector with 8 replaceable plugs and suitable for all laptops. Call 08034018955 for more info or like our page @ www.facebook.com/NaijaMarketPlace
Re: . by Kslib(m): 7:40am On Sep 09, 2012
Re: . by choosen1: 7:43am On Sep 09, 2012
leunamme93: if i may ask, wat is ur budget?
90-100k
Re: . by akaebux(m): 7:55am On Sep 09, 2012
choosen1:
ah abeg ooh!!! Dat one na money oohh!!! What's the spec of ur friend's dell? How much did he get it.. Thanks for ur time!!

Hahaha... My friend's DELL inspiron wasn't with new generation processor.

DELL inspiron 17R SE/15R SE are good choice for your functions cos of their screen features but, to get those laptop within your said budget, you may have to compromise with the RAM. DELL XPS 15 has an excellent business swag and personally, I love it.

Someone just offered you a DELL 14Z core i3, 1TB, 6gb RAM @ 98k... Sounds good but negotiate a bit more. You may need to confirm the options for its graphics and if you can get a core i5 plus less or same HDD, it'll be nice.

All the best pal.
Re: . by choosen1: 11:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
Re: . by asalimpo(m): 2:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
akaebux:

You are right. DELL is very lovely. I have been using hp pavillion since 2008 and my problem now is only the battery. I also played the hell out of Pro Evolution Soccer on it (quite smooth). I also have a Touchsmart which has not given any problems so far. I once used a friend's DELL Inspiron for a while... lovely stuff.

Gaming... Programming... Animation etc in Nigeria condition... I'll go for a DELL with core i5 or i3 processor, 3gb or 4gb RAM, NVDIA. Hard disk should be standard but, don't make the mistake of focusing on hard disk size. For your key functions stated, Processor, RAM and GRAPHICS should be the top priority. It should come with an original windows 7 (optional).

On the other hand, if you are a chronic gamer, go get yourself an Alienware laptop.

All the best.

yeah. Alienware . Its an ugly beast. *the thought tht some1 cud b a hard core gamer amuses me. *

How Do I Install Game Downloaded With Utorrent / SOLD very Clean And Perfectly Working Hp Elitebook 6930p Is For Sale In Lagos / How Much Is 4gb Ram For Laptop