Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman (22146 Views)

PHOTO: Germany-based Businessman Shot Dead In Lagos / Port-Harcourt-based Firms Dump Wastes In Aba — Ikpeazu / 60-year Old Maiduguri Based Businessman Hands Over Boko Haram Son To JTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Acidosis(m): 3:42am On Sep 05, 2012
September 5, 2012 | 1:01 am
Crime Alert
By Albert Akpor

THE last may not have been heard on the gruesome murder, in a Lagos hotel, of Miss Cynthia Udoka Osokogu, the Delta State-born 2009 second runner-up of the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, MBGN, with the recent recovery of her.Black Berry, BB, mobile phone from a Port Harcourt-based businessman.

The middle-age man (names withheld) was arrested by detectives attached to Area ‘E’ Command Festac Town, Lagos, after the deceased’s BB pin number was retrieved from her father.

This is also coming on the heels of the discovery of a bizarre video recording of how Cynthia was allegedly raped by her suspected killers. The video was seen in the laptop of the suspects.

*Late Cynthia Osokogu In the video, Cynthia’s face and brutalised body was clearly shown being raped, while the faces of the rapists were blurred. Apart from being tied and forcefully raped, the rapists also bit her deeply and several times in her breasts, buttocks and back .

Vanguard gathered that although Cynthia’s BB has had all information pertaining to ownership of the handset flashed-off in an attempt to make pass for a brand new phone, detectives led by the Area Commander, ACP Daniel Okoro, were able to use the pin number to get the number of the SIM Card of the current holder.

According to sources, one of the detectives then put a call to the Port Harcourt-based business man to say that the BB in his possession was a stolen one.

Through the information on his registered SIM Card and the receiving mast, detectives moved to Port Harcourt, where his residence was located. But they did not meet him at home.

It was said that the phone buyer openly admitted that he bought it through a friend in Lagos, adding that it was sent to him through courier services.

The source said: “When the detectives were able to get the pin number from Cynthia’s father, they started work on the theory that all the information contained in her handset may have been deleted.

“But with their knowledge of BB, they know it can never have two pin numbers. So they started working on that theory, and it bore fruits.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/late-cynthias-bb-found-with-port-harcourt-based-bizman/
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by ektbear: 4:09am On Sep 05, 2012
She was r@ped too? Hmm..I must have missed that earlier.
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by DICKtator: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2012
I mean we can't but give kudos to The Nigerian Police for still putting more spirited efforts to ensure that this case reaches a reasonable end.though,....come to think of it, na because her papa na soldier, you wan make the nigerian police hear wen!!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Callotti: 8:34am On Sep 05, 2012
Na wah!!!
Beginning to sound like contract-killing!

1 Like

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by T9ksy(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2012
And they videoed the whole sordid scene..............whatever for?
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 05, 2012
Na wa o! The story is getting more intriguing.so she was even a beauty queen? Hmmm!
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Super1759: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2012
Kudos to the police.
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Callotti: 9:35am On Sep 05, 2012
The parents?
Just wondering what they are going through?
I hope their hands are clean?
I nor trust Nigerians!

Sam-Sam!!!!

Good to know "cannibal" are not extinct. See RITUALISTS? With the suspects' laptops, the pharmacists can be included or excluded.

This makes for one Nollywood HORROR movie I swear. Thanks to our gods, it happened on Lagos. If it were ABIA, it would have been called A HOAX!!!! grin
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by OldDirtyBastard: 9:48am On Sep 05, 2012
[size=20pt]Abeg this IPO nah serious Jack Bauer![/size]

Kudos!

6 Likes

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by klasys(m): 9:55am On Sep 05, 2012
only God will help us in this country
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Afam4eva(m): 9:58am On Sep 05, 2012
OldDirtyBastard: [size=20pt]Abeg this IPO nah serious Jack Bauer![/size]

Kudos!

Omo, na so we see am oo...i thought i was reading a news about how the FBI use the blackberry pin to know the number of the person that's using it and his details only to realize that it's Nigeria. catching criminals is not rocket science. We just need to put one or two things in place.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by sylve11: 10:00am On Sep 05, 2012
Na wa o. this killing na arrangy. sad cool
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On Sep 05, 2012
But why did the media and Nigerians become so frenzy about Cynthia's murder? is it that this kind of thing has never happened before or that it happens once in a blue moon. I'm jusy curious because Nigerians get killed everyday.

https://www.nairaland.com/1039157/cynthias-murder-why-frenzy

6 Likes

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 05, 2012
the man has done nothing wrong IMO, how is he to know it's a stolen phone?! He bought it from a friend like most of us do.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 05, 2012
[size=15pt]Lesson learnt...stop buying used BB phones. smiley

or maybe he's one of these guys. lipsrsealed[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Chanchit: 10:08am On Sep 05, 2012
As this mata dey go, na every body wei see the gurl for festac them go arrest..

11 Likes

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by freecocoa(f): 10:13am On Sep 05, 2012
And the saga continues.
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by bamac(m): 10:14am On Sep 05, 2012
Nice 1
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by kelahns: 10:14am On Sep 05, 2012
I sensed this whole tin was used...to get at her father....i stand to be corrected tho...
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by fortyfeet(m): 10:16am On Sep 05, 2012
the last used item i bought was from a neighbour who returned from the united states. i still don't feel safe.
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by passionate88: 10:18am On Sep 05, 2012
Brand_new: Lesson learnt...stop buying used BB phones. smiley
imagine business man no fit go callus miller for ph buy brand new bb, na 2nd hand... D guy fall hands
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 05, 2012
Hmmm this means that the killing was not a mistake as claimed by the suspects, it was an intentional act. If not why else would they video the evil act? More lessons to be learnt.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Afam4eva(m): 10:21am On Sep 05, 2012
Cutejay: Hmmm this means that the killing was not a mistake as claimed by the suspects, it was an intentional act. If not why else would they video the evil act? More lessons to be learnt.
Whether it was a mistake or not, they'll rot in the hottest department of hell. If i had my way i would strangulate them...

1 Like

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by asteric600: 10:28am On Sep 05, 2012
Well no doubt about what you said but the fact remains one thing '' would they (nigerian police' do the same for an ordinary civilian? ''
Cynthia is the only daughter of a RTD Cornelle an that is why all this investigation is fast and yielding fruits

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Yeske2(m): 10:29am On Sep 05, 2012
^^
Supported.
Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by ZeusI: 10:30am On Sep 05, 2012
passionate88: imagine business man no fit go callus miller for ph buy brand new bb, na 2nd hand... D guy fall hands
Please re-read the post, it said that 'the phone was made to look new by having all its contents flashed off by the criminals', probably it was sent as a new phone. Nigerian police often cross the line in discharge of their duty, arresting any; who volunteers to give information as witness as though he were a culprit.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 05, 2012
Na wa o.. Were dey planning on uploading d video of hw dey raped cynthia on d internet? Kai.. Wicked people.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by Tropilo(m): 10:33am On Sep 05, 2012
Besides her dad being a retired general. I think her head is "strong".

1 Like

Re: Cynthia's BlackBerry Found With Port Harcourt-based Businessman by musajohn80: 10:36am On Sep 05, 2012
Brand_new: Lesson learnt...stop buying used BB phones. smiley
I quite agree with you on this. We should stop buying used items, not only phones,especially those sold by hawkers on the roads. Some of these guys are criminals. This said businessman will now have to pay "real money" to get out of this hook, that is if he is actually innocent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party / CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / Abe: What APC Senators Have Against Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.