Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Police Defuse Bomb In Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Defuse Bomb In Delta (5154 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Recover A Jeep Loaded With Bomb In Maiduguri / JTF Kills 17 Gunmen & Defuse Bombs In Kano / Police Defuse Bomb Planted In Suleja Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by mukina2: 9:38am On Sep 05, 2012
Palpable tension yesterday enveloped workers at the Head of Service unit, Asaba, Delta State following the discovery of a bomb left in a carton and wrapped in different colours of tread at the premises.

The workers, many of whom wearing long faces were seen in groups discussing the incident in hushed tone, especially with the current insecurity in the country.

The workers were said to have stumbled on the bomb at the entrance of the Head of Service office and raised the alarm that attracted security agents who immediately swung into action to defuse it.

According to police bomb expert, the substance was made of different electrical materials including a watch ticking to explode at the designed time when they intervened and defuse it.

Unconfirmed sources said that in the last few weeks there have been threats by some aggrieved militant groups to make life unbearable for the people in the state. The unexploded bomb may not be unconnected with the threat.

Workers who spoke to our correspondent expressed fear over the development, adding that they have received anonymous threats to the effect that the state would be made ungovernable if government goes ahead to ban okada riders in the state or if infrastructural development such as good road networks are not improved upon.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/34225/2012/09/05/police_defuse_bomb_delta.html
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Acidosis(m): 9:55am On Sep 05, 2012
I hope these ed.iots are not plannning attacks at DELSU convocation¿

1 Like

Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 05, 2012
Acidosis: I hope these ed.iots are not plannning attacks at DELSU convocation¿

Didn`t you recently read in the news that Boko Haram now have a base in the South South?
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by garridude: 10:07am On Sep 05, 2012
Now, this is some serious shindigit!
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by teetee123: 10:10am On Sep 05, 2012
Why is this thing on front page. The object been called bomb is not but a native doctor preparation meant for somebody in the office or just to scare people.
The moderators should be informed enough to know what is relevant to make front page or is it making it because it was posted by a powerful NLer.
Ok now
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by frankpessu(m): 10:22am On Sep 05, 2012
Make dis pple nor jst try anitin, if not i go jst go hug transformers
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Jimatex(m): 10:24am On Sep 05, 2012
NOTE: It is not a bomb rather a charm wraped wit red cloth. Police is now saying dat they defused bomb.this is a native's act

Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by francescainnoce(f): 10:24am On Sep 05, 2012
God help us .....
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by ujukala: 10:27am On Sep 05, 2012
God will see deltans through!
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by angiemartinez(f): 10:28am On Sep 05, 2012
it is well with our beloved 9ja
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Jimatex(m): 10:30am On Sep 05, 2012
Even dis policeman wey dey sleep on duty folow for de people wey dey form say dey defuse bomb

1 Like

Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 05, 2012
Every wrapped thing for Nigeria now na bomb.

Thanks for the info man.

teetee123: Why is this thing on front page. The object been called bomb is not but a native doctor preparation meant for somebody in the office or just to scare people.
The moderators should be informed enough to know what is relevant to make front page or is it making it because it was posted by a powerful NLer.
Ok now
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Osrachingy(m): 10:36am On Sep 05, 2012
Bomb, Charm?? Which one mak we con beliv now....
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Bolarge1(m): 10:38am On Sep 05, 2012
Acidosis: I hope these ed.iots are not plannning attacks at DELSU convocation¿

MIND THE WAY YOU PASS OUT INFORMATION TO THE WORLD YOUR ENEMIES ARE READING TOO. YOU HAVE ALREADY EXPOSE A VITAL INFO THEY CAN WORK UPON.

Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by owabor(f): 10:44am On Sep 05, 2012
GOD DELIVER DIS STATE OF MINE FROM D HANDS OF DOS DUDE. AMEN.
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Acidosis(m): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2012
Bo-large:

MIND THE WAY YOU PASS OUT INFORMATION TO THE WORLD YOUR ENEMIES ARE READING TOO. YOU HAVE ALREADY EXPOSE A VITAL INFO THEY CAN WORK UPON.

Mister.. Am not leaking any secret. Go to the school. .you'll see this is no secret . .boko haram already has passed a threat info to the school authority..

..just trying to know if they actually mean it.
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Tropilo(m): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2012
Jimatex: Even dis policeman wey dey sleep on duty folow for de people wey dey form say dey defuse bomb

allah! U no well samsam! (u wan crack my ribs, baa?)
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Eduvine(m): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2012
Our pen boys should report what they see. Gush. I am surprise at you guys. How am i sure the rest news you people have been feeding us with is not fake. Because i actually saw the fake bomb substance, it wasn't a charm. I guess some angry youth want to pass a message to the state gov, especially on his decision to ban okada.
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by kingstan20(m): 11:25am On Sep 05, 2012
I wonder y a black peaceful nation as nigeria..should start emulating dangerous negative action as bomb assination and others.
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by lacasa: 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
Wer r d Southern warriors dat promised hell on earth if dey attempt bomb south na? cheesy
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Gwekzy: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
Me am Scared O..
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Litmus: 6:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
The bombing will reach South and elsewhere in Nigeria if we don't deal with it in the North . Actually, the more people shout and threaten damnation and civil war, bloodshed and revenge killing, if the bombing reaches south, the more determined those people will be to bomb South, West or whatever it takes because anarchy is their agenda. African wars are very lucrative business and none so far in Africa will be more lucrative than civil strife in Nigeria. Then again, i suppose those who threaten revenge against other ethnic groups and members of a particular religious persuasion other than their own, know this and are in fact banking on it which is why they threaten revenge killing and shout about it the most.
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by clek: 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
Acidosis:

Mister.. Am not leaking any secret. Go to the school. .you'll see this is no secret . .boko haram already has passed a threat info to the school authority..

..just trying to know if they actually mean it.

Pls explain the threat so we will knw Ӈøώ to be consciou
s on that day!
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by simeonism: 12:10am On Sep 06, 2012
It was a bomb.
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 06, 2012
I dont think I want to go anywhere outside the SW, thinking of taking Lagos out of the picture sef. Mehn, and here I was planning on cruising through Nigeria. Plan failed!!
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by OneNaira6: 2:34am On Sep 06, 2012
Wtf? Asaba of all places? Smh

Whatever evil wish boko haram has, may it return , a billion times worse, back to them and their sponsors in jesus name I pray. Amen

1 Like

Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 06, 2012
lacasa: Wer r d Southern warriors dat promised hell on earth if dey attempt bomb south na? cheesy

They've left their cyber cafe grin grin grin

Sebi you know how the e-warriors talk by now.
Re: Police Defuse Bomb In Delta by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2012
owabor: GOD DELIVER DIS STATE OF MINE FROM D HANDS OF DOS DUDE. AMEN.

God is sleeping. Everyday is the sabbath in Nigeria cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

$600,000,000 In Drug Money Buried On His Farm / News Making Rounds In The Streets About Niger Delta Avengers And IPOB / Niger Delta Avengers Have Nothing To Do With Biafra (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.