Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,862 members, 7,798,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? (34299 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Is It Disrespectful For A Wife To Expect Her Husband To Help With Chores? / Why do Ladies become disrespectful to their Inlaws after Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
centje: the truth is that these priests jst found themselves in dilemma. Whether to obey the church and keep confession secret or to report to police. Most time they go with the church. But one thing is clear about the canon law on confession;the confessor can never be absolved of his sin untill he or she apologises or confesses to the group or person he or she offended. Some cases like abortion has a well outlined process of absolution,same with other cases like rape,killing etc

Well, the thing is that one no concern the law. According to the law, anyone who knows of a crime and keeps quiet is an accessory to the crime, and many people tend to agree with this position, especially those who have been directly affected by crime. Hence the recent conviction and sentencing of a priest for not divulging information about a crime.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ujujoan:

Some people react to other forms of contraception and some men are just not comfortable with withdrawing.

So yes, some couple use protection!
withdrawal isnt a good way of contraception. A good quantity of semen leak out b4 the actual ejacu'
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Well, the thing is that one no concern the law. According to the law, anyone who knows of a crime and keeps quiet is an accessory to the crime, and many people tend to agree with this position, especially those who have been directly affected by crime. Hence the recent conviction and sentencing of a priest for not divulging information about a crime.
i really pity priests in those countries. Nigerian priests are still not in such mess yet.

But if your to be a priest what wuld you do in such dilemma?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2012
centje: i really pity priests in those countries. Nigerian priests are still not in such mess yet.

But if your to be a priest what wuld you do in such dilemma?

I can bet you that the reason your Nigerian priests all seem like saints to you is because of the current state of law and order in that country. If you look closely you might find a lot of those priests committing the same crimes(sexual crimes et al) their peers are deep in, in other parts of the world where the legal system is not in a coma. I can also bet you that your priests are also helping harbor crime related secrets as well. That they are not in the same dilemma(being sued and all) does not in anyway suggest they are not equally guilty.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by minute(f): 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
No. That would be odd for me. I wouldn't do that to him, and I wouldn't expect him to do that to me.

But at the same time,there's no secrecy between us, if for some reason he wanted to use my phone

and happened to look at some messages, I wouldn't care, and i think he probably feel the same.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 09, 2012
@kobojunkie
Let me nt go further,maybe when a thread on such issue comes up we can dive deeper.
Happy sunday!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by ShyOne(f): 1:49am On Sep 24, 2012

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by adconline(m): 3:00pm On Sep 05
If' it's OK to snoop on my phone, it should be OK for me to go through your separate bank account as well.
Hey,since we are one in one and the same, what are you still doing with your maiden name?
Oneness and openess should be holistic and not selective

Absolutely!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Ndidi2: 7:19am On Feb 12, 2022
there are no boundaries in marriage n also is nt bad if both partners read dere msgs but i fink the men hates it.i dont bother mysef ova hubby's fone or inbox cos i prefer stayn out of trouble.
naso l de stay out of trouble
I don't pick his calls or check his phone, until one day he gave myson phone to charge, l reluctantly went through and found out my loving husband of 13 years was having a deadly affairs.
Since dat day till now things have really changed.
Is been 15 months now,l freak out always bc of d unbelievable things l read.
Heartbreaking.
If l didn't read all those l will never believe that he could do all that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable / "My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Forceful Sex & Beating" - Wife Tells Court / My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.