Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks (4916 Views)

Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari / Isreali Defence Ministers Vows To Kill More Palestinians, Kids. / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by Noraokon: 9:27am On Sep 06, 2012
ABUJA—President Goodluck Jonathan said Wednesday  in Abuja he would forward names of replacements for ministers of defence and power immediately the Senate resumed from recess on September 22.

The President disclosed this at the inauguration of the reconstituted Presidential Action Committee on Power and Presidential Task Force on Power.

At the ceremony, Jonathan directed the Minister of State for Power, Mr Darius Ishaku, to take charge of the power ministry in the interim. He said it was important to reconstitute the two committees on power so that the achievement recorded in the sector would not relapse. The President set up the two bodies in 2010 to closely monitor and implement the Power Reform Agenda.

President Goodluck Jonathan addressing the Nation at The State House in Abuja. on Tuesday
The President said: “Definitely immediately the National Assembly comes back especially the Senate, we will clear the two vacancies that we have. They will get cleared and we will place people accordingly so that the Ministry of Power will come up.

“But, in the interim, the Minister of State Power is holding on to that. But whether the Minister of Power comes or not, we want to reconstitute the two teams because Nigerians will not be happy if we relapse and I believe that as we progress from now till December if Nigerians can go home in December and do their parties without generators and can drive to their States without gutters (potholes) on our roads stopping them, I think the rating of government will improve. So we must work hard to get to this level.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/we-ll-appoint-new-power-defence-ministers-in-two-weeks-jonathan/
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by mamikky: 9:34am On Sep 06, 2012
Let the candidate be a credible person that will key into the president mission and vision.
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by 1800bc(f): 9:36am On Sep 06, 2012
I want to believe the new Power minister would perform more than the good performance of Nnaji....as for the defense minister,i am not too conversant with the record of that man from kebbi state being nominated so i cant say much.
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by MurphyT1: 9:54am On Sep 06, 2012
if i'm asked to suggest, i will suggest the president appoints the minister of state for power as the new min of power, cos he knows wot and wot has bin done, and wot is left to b done, unless his competence is in doubt..A new min will hav to start all ova again, tryin to understand wot is on ground and probably change d whole process again thereby making d reform tk a longer time. the shud b continuity... just a personal opinion anyway.
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by billante(m): 10:05am On Sep 06, 2012
Nora okon: ABUJA—

“But, in the interim, the Minister of State Power is holding on to that. But whether the Minister of Power comes or not, we want to reconstitute the two teams because Nigerians will not be happy if we relapse and I believe that as we progress from now till December if Nigerians can go home in December and do their parties without generators and can drive to their States without gutters (potholes) on our roads stopping them,
[b][/b]

I love the above statement!

1 Like

Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by Joeadamu86: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2012
We are hoping for the better,we pray that the new appointees will be patriotic enough to stand the test of time do their work wholehearted.All we want is stable power supply and other basic necessities of life,we will continue to pray for them.
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by Makzylopez: 10:34am On Sep 06, 2012
Joeadamu86: We are hoping for the better,we pray that the new appointees will be patriotic enough to stand the test of time do their work wholehearted.All we want is stable power supply and other basic necessities of life,we will continue to pray for them.
We seriously need honest and dedicated people who have the interest of the country at heart.
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by dasparrow: 11:04am On Sep 06, 2012
@Post

I just hope whoever they appoint will not quit or get fired/sacked after a couple of months. All these constant cabinet reshuffling is not good for GEJ's administration
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by megxo(m): 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2012
APPOINT ME PLS.................... cool
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2012
I'm wondering if there can ever be Barth's replacement cos its like as soon as the man resigned,the power supply too 'resigned'.
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by hicare(m): 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2012
ok, we are waiting
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by tunapawizzy: 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2012
mamikky: Let the candidate be a credible person that will key into the president mission and vision.
d president get vision at all?
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by Mavor: 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2012
why is it always northerners as defense ministers. they can't even defend themselves and root out the $hit in their midst (Boko). What a joke this country is.
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
Let the political lobbying begingrin
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2012
Pls and pls NNaji should personally bring somebody who is just like him, who have not bid for any shiit power distribution.
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by dedeike: 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2012
Nora okon:
“But, in the interim, the Minister of State Power is holding on to that. But whether the Minister of Power comes or not, we want to reconstitute the two teams because Nigerians will not be happy if we relapse and I believe that as we progress from now till December if Nigerians can go home in December and do their parties without generators and can drive to their States without gutters (potholes) on our roads stopping them, I think the rating of government will improve. So we must work hard to get to this level.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/we-ll-appoint-new-power-defence-ministers-in-two-weeks-jonathan/

These words touched me. And may the almighty God help you to achieve this.
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by danjalingo: 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
i suggest Prof. Pat Utomi - Power. Col Abubakar Umar (rtd) defence.
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by Makzylopez: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2012
dan jalingo: i suggest Prof. Pat Utomi - Power. Col Abubakar Umar (rtd) defence.
I just pray GEJ appoints committed individuals.
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by manosteel(m): 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2012
dan jalingo: i suggest Prof. Pat Utomi - Power. Col Abubakar Umar (rtd) defence.
your nominees are credible Nigerians no doubt but in the area of power, we need professional in that field just like Nnaji, someone who knows what it means to generate and transmit electric energy.
Re: New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks by AroOkigbo(m): 10:55pm On Sep 06, 2012
If it's not Nnaji, it can't be like Nnaji.
The system, not me, made it so.

(1) (Reply)

2015: Nigeria will collapse if Jonathan fail to win the Presidency- Ifeduba / Why Kill My Unarmed Brothers? / Fuel Scarcity: The Problems And Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.