Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground (10934 Views)

Obinna Ogba Visits Super Eagles Players During Training In Abuja. Photos / PHOTO: Super Eagles At Breakfast This Morning / Flying Eagles At The CAF Youth Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by semid4lyfe(m): 9:34am On Sep 06, 2012

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday stormed the National Stadium, Abuja, where he urged members of the national football team, the Super Eagles to ensure that their encounter with Lone Stars of Liberia in Moronvia on Saturday was a huge success.

The Super Eagles who are undergoing training at the Abuja Stadium will be meeting with the Liberian national team in a qualifying match for the 2013 African Nations Cup, South Africa 2013.

Jonathan implored the players to work hard to ensure they do well in the match, saying sports was strategic in his administration's agenda and promised that he would revamp the sporting sector.

According to the president, he has already set up a special committee at the Federal Executive Council meeting earlier in the day to work towards restoring the lost glory of the country's sports.

Calling for a replay of the Atlanta 1996 Olympics Game in which the country carted away gold medal in football, Jonathan expressed belief that Nigeria could still win gold in that category and others in subsequent Olympics.

Lamenting over the poor state of the stadium which was overgrown with weeds at the time of his visit, Jonathan directed the management of the stadium to correct the anomaly immediately.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201209060214.html
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by semid4lyfe(m): 9:49am On Sep 06, 2012
Nice. . .good morale booster for the team. Not sure but I don't recall any other Nigerian President visiting a Nigerian team preparing for a match/competition in training.

Kudos Mr President. Your head dey there kiss

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by Afam4eva(m): 9:52am On Sep 06, 2012
What are they training for? Is there any match on hand? I thought they've been banned by FIFA or disbanded by the government. I never knew we still had a male team.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by wowo2: 10:06am On Sep 06, 2012
I hope it was because the stadium was en-route some destination of some other event...otherwise why would the VP have to tag along?
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by Ikengawo: 10:08am On Sep 06, 2012
LOL^
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by ayusman16(m): 10:09am On Sep 06, 2012
afam4eva: What are they training for? Is there any match on hand? I thought they've been banned by FIFA or disbanded by the government. I never knew we still had a male team.

Dude... u r one hell of a morrafucker grin
afam4eva: What are they training for? Is there any match on hand? I thought they've been banned by FIFA or disbanded by the government. I never knew we still had a male team.

Dude... u r one hell of a morrafucker U got me cracking but i feel you.
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by Cruzgee: 10:10am On Sep 06, 2012
Is that what he's suppose to do? why not pay your wife a visit and let us know the latest gist biko

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by OMG1: 10:10am On Sep 06, 2012
Good!
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by Apesin001: 10:10am On Sep 06, 2012
nice one mr president
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 06, 2012
This is one of the best things our President has ever done. I think I like it. grin
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by sambos994(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2012
oooo new jerseys
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by Bobbystanley(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2012
What difference does it make??
Anyway,i wish dem luck but the will still go dia and disgrace themselves...

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by Freiburger(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2012
Nice.
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by enioladeran: 10:11am On Sep 06, 2012
undecidedGEJ always going to places you are not need. Please try going to places that needs ur urgent attention. e.g Benin/Ore road, Collaped or about to collape bridged, Flodded area etc. That will make Nigerian really proud of you and have faith in your Government.
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 06, 2012
'he has already setup another committee...' must revolution in this natiön be concerned with committee creation in dis administration?

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by igosee: 10:13am On Sep 06, 2012
[quote author=afam4eva]What are they training for? Is there any match on hand? I thought they've been banned by FIFA or disbanded by the government. I never knew we still had a male team.[/quote
How come this one pass you, i was told that they were training to attack Syria national team
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 06, 2012
Brand_new: GEJ doesn't care about his wife... grin
Who told you,dude? if he went to germany to visit his wife instead of attending to national issues like this, you will be the first person to complain.Learn to give kudos to someone when he/she deserves it. mtschewwwww

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by Ajibel(m): 10:23am On Sep 06, 2012
....To wish 'em gudluck :-/
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2012
Mr. President:

Keep doing what you know you should.
Ignore the the faceless critics who will always shout for A if given B and will demonstrate for B if given A.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by ujukala: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2012
A good development.
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by ndala(m): 10:27am On Sep 06, 2012
semid4lyfe:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201209060214.html
i love this man this how a president is supose to always do kum 2015 i dey your back joor.. grin

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by sambos994(m): 10:27am On Sep 06, 2012
ndala: i love this man this how a president is supose to always do kum 2015 i dey your back joor.. grin

One problem...he's part of PDP
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by Makzylopez: 10:27am On Sep 06, 2012
enioladeran: undecidedGEJ always going to places you are not need. Please try going to places that needs ur urgent attention. e.g Benin/Ore road, Collaped or about to collape bridged, Flodded area etc. That will make Nigerian really proud of you and have faith in your Government.
(FEC) today approved N65.223 billion for the reconstruction of the same road you are talking about,Benin-Sagamu road.we are always in a haste to criticize destructively....GEJ visit I ope will be a moral boaster to the team ahead f the crucial match.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by alaoeri: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2012
Brand_new: GEJ doesn't care about his wife... grin
U ain't serious at all grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by martyns303(m): 10:31am On Sep 06, 2012
Amaechi seems to be everywhere the vp is. hmmm
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by megxo(m): 10:33am On Sep 06, 2012
lekzy01: ‎​Ђw does that affect the price of condom and toto in market angry
garri don turn oldskool ba?
Re: President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground by affordable2: 10:35am On Sep 06, 2012
Waohhhhh I like this, what else do you want him to do again? Although I dislike most of his approach to issues sometimes but this one is a welcome development...it is not until the win medal they need presidential hand shake or visitation. I LOVE THIS ONCE AGAIN

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nduka Odizor, Nigerian Tennis Legend Celebrates His 64th Birthday Today / Super Eagles Set Up Friendly Vs 'robust-playing' DR Congo For Cameroon Clash / NFF Official: Enyeama Free To Represent Nigeria Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.