Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,723 members, 7,802,181 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Dino Melaye Is A Butterfly That Thinks He Can Fly As Bird - Chris Ihidero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Is A Butterfly That Thinks He Can Fly As Bird - Chris Ihidero (1308 Views)

Dino Melaye Is Operating A Foreign Bank Account - Sahara Reporters / Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala / Dino Melaye Is A Potential HIV Carrier, He Gave Me Syphilis- Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Melaye Is A Butterfly That Thinks He Can Fly As Bird - Chris Ihidero by apala911: 11:10am On Sep 06, 2012
What is it about Twitter that turns many people into blubbering idiots? This certainly isn’t the first time in human history that Homo sapiens will be presented with a platform to air their thoughts; We’ve had Facebook for a while now, and before that, blogs, websites, newspaper comment sections etc. On none of these platforms have I witnessed the sheer volume of pedestrian thinking and subsequent insipid tendering of opinions that is constantly available on Twitter. Far be it from me to suggest a Twitter closure or police what people do with their own timelines, but when what they believe is their rightful opinion borders on being recklessly insensitive, an engagement becomes imperative.

Dino Melaye, currently jobless, was a one-term member of the Federal House of Representatives, who contested on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, representing Kabba/Bunu/Ijumu federal constituency. That’s his claim to fame and the sum total of his achievements thus far in his existence. Apparently, once you have ‘served’ in the Nigerian House of Assembly, no matter how inconsequential your contributions to national development, you somehow acquire the divine right to open your mouth and let loose torrents of idiocy.

This country amazes me. How we condone people like Dino Melaye, I’ll never understand. After his time in government and the prerequisite participation in the sharing of the national cake, he began posturing as a latter-day activist, showing up at rallies, mouthing inanities that should make us forget that he was once a part of the party/government he’s now rallying against, and that he achieved nothing of any worth in his time there. But who am I to begrudge him for seeking some relevance in his life? Reuben Abati, the current Aso Rock pet dog is already planning to write a book about Mr. President’s greatness, once his time perambulating the corridors of Aso Rock and employing his PhD in the huge task of holding the microphone when the president speaks is over. His predecessor, Olusegun Adeniyi, the former Aso Rock pet dog, has already written his own. My grouse with Dino of the deteriorating relevance lies elsewhere.

A few weeks ago, the former Honourable (a misnomer, mind you) member of the house, in his wisdom, or lack thereof, tweeted this statement: “@dino_melaye A 40years old woman without husband need to work on character and carriage.” I will not bother you with the grammatical issues bedeviling this statement. Just take a moment and meditate on the fact that the man who tweeted this used to make laws for this country. Need we seek further reasons why our polity stinks? If unformed minds like that of Dino Melaye are responsible for making laws for a nation, what can one expect? In Dino’s pedestrian understand of life, if a woman is 40 and unmarried, it must be because she doesn’t have good character or carriage. Exhibiting such chronic ignorance, it serves no purpose to invite unformed minds like this to a discussion of how a woman can choose, in the year of our Lord 2012, to be single, childless and happy, with great carriage and character to boot! No, we must leave failed politicians seeking social media relevance out of discussions above their misshapen heads; we must discard their thought-deficient minds to the rubbish heap of inconsequentiality where they will find cosy company with empty tins of sardine and sanitary pads.

When butterflies begin to think himself bird, let us remind him that he may flap his wings but heights attained and distances covered are as far-flung as the forehead to the tip of the nose.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/03/chris-ihidero-gideon-okeke-dino-melaye-when-butterflies-think-birds/
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Butterfly That Thinks He Can Fly As Bird - Chris Ihidero by BeraBera(f): 11:17am On Sep 06, 2012
No wonder many people refused to turn out for his Occupy CBN protest in Abuja recently. His followers on Twitter were just deceiving him with their so-called support only for him to end up seeing less than the number of people he expected. When I saw the pics of the protest, I couldn't help laughing at the calibre of people i saw there, carrying umbrellas under the rain.
He's just an empty vessel that makes the loudest noise
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Butterfly That Thinks He Can Fly As Bird - Chris Ihidero by Joeadamu86: 11:24am On Sep 06, 2012
Hahahs grin grin angry Dino Melaye is just confused,I don't know whether u have ever seen someone who has lost relevance?i think he use to be an abegro before he was mistaken voted by his people,after he failed them by enriching himself they opted for another viable candidate....and now he is jobless,he spends most time on twitter,Facebook with his godfather in the loosing game El rufai saying nonsense which we wise Nigerians are not interested....He is not only a butterfly,he is a nuisance to Nigeria.
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Butterfly That Thinks He Can Fly As Bird - Chris Ihidero by rash47(m): 11:28am On Sep 06, 2012
I really don't know how to define Dino's phylosophy of politics,I have known dis guy right from zaria as a student activist even wayback is aluta messages are always reactionary and confusing. He is just a recluse that doesn't move along with the crowd.
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Butterfly That Thinks He Can Fly As Bird - Chris Ihidero by BlackMamba2: 11:33am On Sep 06, 2012
Dino again?? what has he done again dis time? i did not even read the thread!
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Butterfly That Thinks He Can Fly As Bird - Chris Ihidero by BeraBera(f): 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
Black Mamba: Dino again?? what has he done again dis time? i did not even read the thread!
Then read it, and stop being impatient
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Butterfly That Thinks He Can Fly As Bird - Chris Ihidero by Solemntee: 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ogbeni Dino, see your life outside, pple already know what you are made of, ur hidden intentions and underground agenda..... Na wa oooo
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Butterfly That Thinks He Can Fly As Bird - Chris Ihidero by NiceKid2(f): 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2012
He should consider empowering youths and women. Life is not all about aluta aluta

(1) (Reply)

Inside Sabmiller- Onitsha / Buhari's Pathetic Utterances / Bomb Blast In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.