Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:04 AM

Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends (25022 Views)

Ghanaian Man Killed Pregnant Nigerian And Remove The Organs (Photo) / Killed For Asking For Dance In A Party(Pictured) / Police Nab Herbalist For Abducting Lovers For Ritual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Afam4eva(m): 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2012

•How he was tricked

From TUNDE RAHEEM Akure

Detectives from Ondo State Police Command are investigating the mystery behind the bizarre act of three highly placed personalities that killed their childhood friend for ritual sacrifice.

The suspects are Chief Babatunde Olumofe, who works for a bottling company based in Lagos; Mr. Sunday Akeju; and another PERSON simply identified as Eso.

They were all said to be childhood friends and own their personal houses on the same street in Ikorodu, a suburb of Lagos.

The suspects allegedly killed theIr childhood friend, Mr. Olufemi Ogunkorode, for ritual sacrifice at Erusu-Akoko, Ondo State, last week.

They reportedly tricked the late Mr. Ogunkorode, an indigene of Ilu Omoba-Ekiti, Ekiti State, to their home town last week Saturday on the pretext that Olumofe was going to bury his mother.

The suspects were said to have bought a new cloth for the deceased and presented it to him as their ‘uniform’ for the occasion.

Investigations revealed that the suspects handed over the victim to the traditionalists a few minutes after their arrival at Erusu-Akoko.

The traditionalists allegedly killed Ogunkorode for ritual to appease the gods of the town.

The suspects were said to have allegedly dumped the body of their victim along a major highway and claimed he was killed during a robbery incident.

The victim’s friends also reported the case to the police at Erusu-Akoko post.

The suspects were said to have given different reports when the case was transferred to the Oke Agbe Police Station.

They told the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) that Ogunkorode slumped and died.

Investigations also revealed that trouble started three years ago when Olumofe, who was to be honoured with a chieftaincy title, invited Ogunkorode to the installation.

Olumofe and Ogunkorode, who were said to be close friends from their days at the Christ School, Ado-Ekiti, allegedly carried out certain traditional rites together, which were considered sacrilegious by some traditionalists in the town.

The traditionalists had since then piled pressure on Olumofe to re-invite his friend for necessary rites to appease certain gods in the town.

When the victim was in the town in company with his friends, he was allegedly handed over to the traditionalists.

He was killed instantly while some parts of his body were removed for the said ritual.

The gruesome killing of the victim, it was gathered, has led to a cold war between the people of Erusu-Akoko and Ilu Omoba-Ekiti, as the latter allegedly turned back representatives of the former who were in their town to plead for forgiveness.

The source said: “Delegates from Erusu-Akoko, including some traditional chiefs, were in Ilu Omoba last Sunday in connection with the case.

“They even promised to take care of the necessary funeral rites, but they were chased away by irate youths of Ilu Omoba.”

The state the police command’s spokesman, Mr. Aremu Adeniran, confirmed the development.

Aremu said police had apprehended one of the perpetrators of the act and that a case of murder had been established against him.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/satanic-friends-victim-lured-to-ritual-death-by-childhood-friends/

1 Like

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Andrew3(m): 5:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
Barbaric I mean this is achaic, such an ex-communicated act angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Afam4eva(m): 6:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
It sounds like a scene from a Nollywood movie.

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by redsun(m): 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2012
Did he really hide my post?Why?
Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Afam4eva(m): 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
redsun: Did he really hide my post?Why?
What did you post?
Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by freecocoa(f): 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hmm this country no good from every angle i swear.

Tufiakwa.
Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hmmmm.... Scared of Nigeria and Nigerians. lipsrsealed

I don't think I can live in Nigeria, the mentality is medieval and backward - and a look at NL shows most Nigerians are twisted in their thought process... When they're not indoctrinated zombies spewing garbage in, garbage out crap they saw on TV, and showcasing their best imitation of the western world - they act like weirdos... I don't understand Nigerians and the Nigerian state of mind...

God help Nigeria!! sad

1 Like

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by ifyalways(f): 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2012
Na. Wao.
Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2012
O ga o! Wonders won't stop amazing me!
Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2012
shymexx: Hmmmm.... Scared of Nigeria and Nigerians. lipsrsealed

I don't think I can live in Nigeria, the mentality is medieval and backward - and a look at NL shows most Nigerians are twisted in their thought process... When they're not indoctrinated zombies spewing garbage in, garbage out crap they saw on TV, and showcasing their best imitation of the western world - they act like weirdos... I don't understand Nigerians and the Nigerian state of mind...

God help Nigeria!! sad
-100likes! Shame on you bro!

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
berem: -100likes! Shame on you bro!

I speak the truth!!! Ritual killings, kidnapping, armed robbery, dilapidated infrastructures, no electricity, corruption everywhere, youth roaming the streets with no focus and future etc..

What's the Nigerian identity? Who are Nigerians?

The whole country is a mess... undecided

6 Likes

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
shymexx:

I speak the truth!!! Ritual killings, kidnapping, armed robbery, dilapidated infrastructures, no electricity, corruption everywhere, youth roaming the streets with no focus and future etc..

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=899972
Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2012
I'm surprised that OP turned a blind eye at a post i made today about Mobile policemen shooting sporadically thereby killing a bystander and injuring one. s.m.h.
https://www.nairaland.com/1040193/breaking-news-policemen-shoots-one
Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by fowowe411: 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
afam4eva: It sounds like a scene from a Nollywood movie.
is it evritin dat soundz lyk nolywod scene ?sily pple shar

1 Like

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Chanchit: 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
@Op tnks for bringing this news, dts what i xpect from you guys, instead of crying that only news from your region is making the frontpage... But there's one thing i want you to notice, which is, all the crimes reported here from the SW are not successful, cos the culprits are always caught, maybe the SE too should borrow a leaf frm this.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Afam4eva(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
Brand_new: I'm surprised that OP turned a blind eye at a post i made today about Mobile policemen shooting sporadically thereby killing a bystander and injuring one. s.m.h.
https://www.nairaland.com/1040193/breaking-news-policemen-shoots-one
What's my business with your post? Na me get nairaland? I think you meant mods not OP.
Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by polokor60(m): 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
shymexx: Hmmmm.... Scared of Nigeria and Nigerians. lipsrsealed

God help Nigeria!! sad
even a slave in a foreign land will open his dirty mouth to insult the bonafide citizens of nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
obadiah777: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=899972

How many legit people can afford the houses on the link you gave me? Is that not the same reason why these youths are committing these heinous crimes - to get rich by any means necessary?

My point is that all these heinous crimes are committed because Nigeria is a society with no focus and direction - and the survival instincts of the youths are leading astray to do barbaric things... Everyone is just trying to survive in that jungle - and it's only going to get worse... Earlier today, my uncle who just came back Nigeria was telling me about 'yahoo-plus', and how these youths use voodoo to get rich...

The country is a mess!!

4 Likes

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
::Andrew:::
Barbaric I mean this is achaic, such an ex-communicated act angry angry angry angry angry
^Prof. Soyinka.....is that you?

1 Like

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 06, 2012
polokor60: even a slave in a foreign land will open his dirty mouth to insult the bonafide citizens of nigeria.

Never a slave - matter of fact, my ancestors sold slaves... Bwahhahahahaha

Waterside Ijebu boy from Epe, we are/were merchants long before there was Nigeria.. grin
Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by redsun(m): 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2012
afam4eva: It sounds like a scene from a Nollywood movie.

Similar to what you just said,but instead of nollywood,i used yoruba drama.

I also said i dont believe the story because it sounds very unreal
Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by odumchi: 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2012
Oke ochicho emeele any ihe. Greed has done irreparable damage to us.

This reminds me of a line in an Oriental Brothers song that goes:

"Uwa atuwala m ujo! Elu uwa atuwala m ujo! Onye ya na nwanne ya puru na elu uwa egwu atu wa ya o!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqlgd7padic&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Ninapha(f): 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
shymexx:

. There is no safe place except heaven. U hv two options. 1. Death
2. Endure and be ur best. It can only get messier wherever u live bro.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ninapha: . There is no safe place except heaven. U hv two options. 1. Death
2. Endure and be ur best. It can only get messier wherever u live bro.

That's not the point I was trying to make... Nigeria and Nigerians deserve better than what we/they are getting at the moment... This generation of Nigeria is already a wasted generation of Nigerians - what are you doing to save the next one? Because if you/we don't these heinous crimes are just going to get worse..

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2012
I'll leave you guys with FELA KUTI...

Suffering and smiling!

Every day my people dey inside bus
Every day my people dey inside bus
Forty-nine sitting, ninety-nine standing
Them go pack themselves in like sardine
Them dey faint, them dey wake like cock
Them go reach house, water no dey
Them go reach bed, power no dey
Them go reach road, go-slow go come
Them go reach road, police go slap
Them go reach road, army go whip
Them go look pocket, money no dey
Them go reach work, query ready

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfDIakTWYeA

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by redsquare(m): 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2012
Wild wild west. I no know say this kain thing dey happen for SW.

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed For Ritual By Childhood Friends by skerries: 8:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
I'm ashamed to be a Nigerian, I live here in aboard but we are not welcome and at home we are not recognized. our people are fighting one another.we live in a lawless society where substandard and failure is rewarded, where stealing and decite is order of the day. make money through any short cut then you're a hero .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Keke Operator Dies In Fight Over ₦‎400 Levy / Ibadan Phone Thief Caught On CCTV (Video) / Nigerian Man And Cameroonians Held In Iraq After Bad Business Deal. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.