Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,232 members, 7,780,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:27 PM

Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha (9811 Views)

Imolites Storm Freedom Falls; Appreciate Gov. Okorocha (photos) / Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP / A Group Of Imolites Protests Against Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Acidosis(m): 8:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
September 6, 2012 | 1:08 pm
News
BY CHIDI NKWOPARA, OWERRI.

Imo State Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, has described Imolites as “very difficult to govern”, following a plethora of petitions and scathing opposition coming from several quarters.

Chief Okorocha gave the verdict when he had a breakfast meeting with members of Independent Newspaper Publishers Association, INPA, in Government House, Owerri..

He lamented that despite massive road construction, his free education to the tertiary level, construction of general hospitals in the 27 local council areas, all geared towards uplifting the welfare of the citizenry, “some people are still
not appreciative of my efforts”.

The Governor sympathized with former governors Achike Udenwa and Chief Ikedi Ohakim over what they passed through while in office and came to the conclusion that “Imo people are very difficult to govern”.

Continuing, Chief Okorocha expressed shock that rather than partner with him in developing the state, some people busy themselves with waging battles at all costs.against him.

He recalled what his administration passed through in the hands of Owerri people when he wanted to build a hospitality industry in thedisputed Area K, World Bank Housing Estate, Owerri, stressing that the project has now been transferred to Oguta.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/imolites-are-difficult-to-govern-okorocha/
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by asha80(m): 8:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
the reason is that over the years the people(especially civil servants and politicians) have become so accustomed with lackadaisical attitude to policies and development and also 'eating' from government that anything that changes the statues quo is met with vehement opposition.however this really does not affect people not attached or 'eating' from governmnet.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by asha80(m): 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2012

He recalled what his administration passed through in the hands of Owerri people when he wanted to build a hospitality industry in thedisputed Area K, World Bank Housing Estate, Owerri, stressing that the project has now been transferred to Oguta.

however i think owerri is saturated with "hospitality industries'.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Acidosis(m): 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
Thats what we get when leaders are only interested in building massive and gigantic skyscrappers for 70% dum.b skulls & 25% resourceful.persons.. NO HUMAN DEVELOPMENT.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by asha80(m): 8:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
Acidosis: Thats what we get when leaders are only interested in building massive and gigantic skyscrappers for 70% dum.b skulls & 25% resourceful.persons.. NO HUMAN DEVELOPMENT.

what do you mean by this?
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by ojiofogana: 8:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
nke bu eziokwu
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Acidosis(m): 9:45pm On Sep 06, 2012
asha 80:

what do you mean by this?

..like buying a car for a teenager.

some leaders/governors want to make their state look like China (infrastructure), but.. not ready to train them like the industruos Chinese.

2 Likes

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by asha80(m): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2012
Acidosis:

some leaders/governors want to make their state look like China (infrastructure), but.. not ready to train them like the industruos Chinese.

not sure how rochas fits into this to be hohest.

4 Likes

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Acidosis(m): 11:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
I'm sorry, I can't help..
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by asha80(m): 11:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
Acidosis: I'm sorry, I can't help..

no problem
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:19pm On Sep 06, 2012
asha 80:

however i think owerri is saturated with "hospitality industries'.

^^^Yeah, but are they world-class? I think it's more a case of quantity over quality, and these are normally ventures owned and run by the typical one-man show we normally find in the South East....hardly do you see public quoted companies running these businesses.

I want to see Hotel behemoths (the likes of The Hilton, Le Meridien, Sheraton, etc) opening in major cities in the SE like Owerri, Enugu and Onitsha, and other locations like Oguta Lake holiday resort. Maybe it's this type of large scale operation that Okorocha has in mind, and he has my full support.....provided it's in partnership with the private sector though.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by super1760: 11:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
If he is complaining because of small imo state. How about ruling NIGERIA,with different tribes and their wahala. It means he shouldn't bother contesting for presidency in the near future.

4 Likes

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by asha80(m): 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Yeah, but are they world-class? I think it's more a case of quantity over quality, and these are normally ventures owned and run by the typical one-man show we normally find in the South East....hardly do you see public quoted companies running these businesses.

I want to see Hotel behemoths (the likes of The Hilton, Le Meridien, Sheraton, etc) opening in major cities in the SE like Owerri, Enugu and Onitsha, and other locations like Oguta Lake holiday resort. Maybe it's this type of large scale operation that Okorocha has in mind, and he has my full support, provided it's in partneship with the private sector though.

to be honest i do not think owerri needs that.yes they might not be your le meridan types but a lot are quite good(maybe highest 3 star by nigerian standards).owerri is already saturated with such.it is better it was moved to oguta.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by dayokanu(m): 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2012
Even Okorocha dey complain
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
Acidosis:

^^^C'mon man, give the guy a break! I know there are few Governors that are as passionate about human development and skills aquisition like Rochas is; only a few months ago, i was impressed to watch a news story about how Imo State was going to involve young engineers from the state in 'on the job' training with any company handling projects in the state (either that was the new initiative, or it was something similar to that).

Lemme see if i can find the link.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by PaulJohn1: 11:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
@post.
Rochas should get used to human. It's not only Imolites but human specie generally, you can't satisfy everyone. Just make sure you're doing your best with honest mind.

2 Likes

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by asha80(m): 11:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
Paul John: @post.
Rochas should get used to human. It's not only Imolites but human specie generally, you can't satisfy everyone. Just make sure you're doing your best with honest mind.

it is true but to top it up i think(as someone from the state) it is because people especially civil servants and so called godfathers have become so used to chop chop syndrome that they are raising hell now they do not see anything to chop especially the politicians.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by asha80(m): 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

I want to see Hotel behemoths (the likes of The Hilton, Le Meridien, Sheraton, etc) opening in major cities in the SE like Owerri, Enugu and Onitsha, and other locations like Oguta Lake holiday resort. Maybe it's this type of large scale operation that Okorocha has in mind, and he has my full support, provided it's in partneship with the private sector though.

do you mean this

http://www.icapsonline.net/
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:45pm On Sep 06, 2012
asha 80:

do you mean this

http://www.icapsonline.net/

^^^I think so....not quite sure though undecided. I'll still check the archives for that story.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:51pm On Sep 06, 2012
Here's the link. Don't know if it's part of the larger scheme that Asha80 was refering to:

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/06/23/over-700-unemployed-fresh-engineers-in-imo-state-engaged-by-gov-okorocha/
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by asha80(m): 11:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Here's the link. Don't know if it's part of the larger scheme that Asha80 was refering to:

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/06/23/over-700-unemployed-fresh-engineers-in-imo-state-engaged-by-gov-okorocha/

it is related or tied up to icaps but not exactly the same thing.it seems like a one off tied to icaps but icaps itself is continous.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Clerverly: 11:55pm On Sep 06, 2012
Then you resign and your worries would be over grin

2 Likes

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by OneNaira6: 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
Not everyone would be happy. It is human behavior. It is not just imo state indigenous

1 Like

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Dede1(m): 2:17am On Sep 07, 2012
This loudmouthed and clueless governor of Imo State thought Ndigbo and especially Imo State indigenes are pitiful panhandlers. Rochas Okororcha can shove his beggar mentality and skip Imo State for his mother’s place of birth for good.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Jeboy(m): 3:24am On Sep 07, 2012
This is what happens when you critisize leaders without fully knowing the pressure of running governance in Nigeria. This is also how loud-mouthed Nairalanders bash gov officials but I tell you if you by chance get there, you will know it aint easy. Rochas now get back to work,you have convinced your people that you(APGA) is better than PDP so match your claims with action rather than doing solidarity for Ikedia and Udenwa.Imolites won't take any excuse from you for failure, you promised and you must deliver.

1 Like

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by andresia(m): 7:13am On Sep 07, 2012
True talk frm Okoro-oji there! vry difficult set of characters, d imolites. Petitioners and perverts all of em. ask that Abagworo of a character who ended up derailing a promising thread about owerri created by Spyder cos it showed the bad side of that state cheesy
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by ektbear: 7:20am On Sep 07, 2012
As they say...if it's too hot for Okorocha, then perhaps his best bet is to get out of the kitchen.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 7:24am On Sep 07, 2012
asha 80: the reason is that over the years the people(especially civil servants and politicians) have become so accustomed with lackadaisical attitude to policies and development and also 'eating' from government that anything that changes the statues quo is met with vehement opposition.however this really does not affect people not attached or 'eating' from governmnet.

um . . balderdash . . . it could simply be that people are no longer impressed with road projects and painting of streets and the lot which they have come to be used to. What they want now is tangible changes that, even after he is gone, they can state will remain.
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 7:24am On Sep 07, 2012
Clerverly: Then you resign and your worries would be over grin

Right on!!
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by DuduNegro: 7:41am On Sep 07, 2012
Is this the same guy Igbos want to field for 2015 presidential run? I thought ibos say this guy is on same level with Fashola....shyyyytt!

Gaddem!! nobody want yanmiri, even their own governor is disheartened by their greed and lack of appreciation for value.

Double wahala for deadi bodi and the owner of dea..............

3 Likes

Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by T9ksy(m): 8:11am On Sep 07, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Is this the same guy Igbos want to field for 2015 presidential run? I thought ibos say this guy is on same level with Fashola....shyyyytt!

Gaddem!! nobody want yanmiri, even their own governor is disheartened by their greed and lack of appreciation for value.

Double wahala for deadi bodi and the owner of dea..............

You beat me to it......Oh well, Rochas has just inadvertently told his supporters/people that he's not up to THAT task.

Another one bites the dust!!!...........back to the drawing board... grin

Next grin grin
Re: Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha by DuduNegro: 8:18am On Sep 07, 2012
.........and you know Peter Obi already endorsed GEJ for 2015.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Raps FG Over Abandonment Of Enugu Coal Deposit / Elections: Buratai Avoids Question On Military’s Interference / Trader Moni Still On, To Reach 10 Million Traders - Federal Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.