Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? (878 Views)

Photo: Donald Trump Now Being Compared To Adolf Hitler Over Statement / Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents / World's Best Press Photographs Of 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by DonaldGenes(m): 5:14am On Sep 07, 2012
Folks when it comes to oratory skills i am a True-blue kinda person and for sure I am a die-hard follower of US election which is always thrilling replete with that usual sheer dramatic suspense and drama as it's always known for, tonight as i was wide awake just to stay glued to our flat screen Tv set to watch and to listen with rapt undivided attention the usual oratory speeches Press Obama delivered Tonight flawlessly which make me like wow w/o even looking at the papers,it was lovely,Let me cut to the chase,i wish we nigerians had a president with a good repertoir of oratory speeches as the likes of the reknown Abraham Lincoln,Ronald regan,Bill Clinton,JFK et al that can make us thump our chest and said yes this is one nigerian president that can match any of the American president speech to speech.aaahh
If i am to reckon with ma doubt then i think ex.pres Obasanjo can try atleast,what do you guys make of that,is there any past nigerian president that you can point your fingers and say ''that is the man'' when it comes to good speeches or dont we have any?
Re: How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by werepeLeri: 5:15am On Sep 07, 2012
Always comparing everything with Nigeria- Nigeria is unique on her own, stop comparing anything that happens elsewhere with Nigeria.
Re: How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by DonaldGenes(m): 7:41am On Sep 07, 2012
werepeLeri: Always comparing everything with Nigeria- Nigeria is unique on her own, stop comparing anything that happens elsewhere with Nigeria.
if we dont compare,then why do we copy them,it's better we observed how they do things such that we can learn from them in order for us to grow like them qualitatively and not quantitatively my Bro.apparently said that,i loved my country and i want us to act right
Re: How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 07, 2012
I see no reason Y pple compare USA wit Nigeria. For crying out loud, nigeria is still a developing country in evry sphere of life compared to d Almighty developed/over developed USA. Pls if u must make any comparism btw USA and another country, it should be russian, china, canada, or France. Give nigeria a break, they are still crawling where USA is flying! In area of Entertainment, politics, Technology, science there s absolute a big distinction btw this 2 countries.
Re: How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by Rossikk(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2012
honeypie311: I see no reason Y pple compare USA wit Nigeria. For crying out loud, nigeria is still a developing country in evry sphere of life compared to d Almighty developed/over developed USA. Pls if u must make any comparism btw USA and another country, it should be russian, china, canada, or France. Give nigeria a break, they are still crawling where USA is flying! In area of Entertainment, politics, Technology, science there s absolute a big distinction btw this 2 countries.

This NL will not kill someone. grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by Rossikk(m): 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2012
DonalĂ° Genes: Folks when it comes to oratory skills i am a True-blue kinda person and for sure I am a die-hard follower of US election which is always thrilling replete with that usual sheer dramatic suspense and drama as it's always known for, tonight as i was wide awake just to stay glued to our flat screen Tv set to watch and to listen with rapt undivided attention the usual oratory speeches Press Obama delivered Tonight flawlessly which make me like wow w/o even looking at the papers,it was lovely,Let me cut to the chase,i wish we nigerians had a president with a good repertoir of oratory speeches as the likes of the reknown Abraham Lincoln,Ronald regan,Bill Clinton,JFK et al that can make us thump our chest and said yes this is one nigerian president that can match any of the American president speech to speech.aaahh
If i am to reckon with ma doubt then i think ex.pres Obasanjo can try atleast,what do you guys make of that,is there any past nigerian president that you can point your fingers and say ''that is the man'' when it comes to good speeches or dont we have any?

Zik was a great orator. As was Bola Ige I believe. But we're working at a distinct disadvantage. English is not our first language, nor are western delivery nuances our first habits, so there will always be issues with 'delivery' that can 'match' an Obama or Clinton session on their terms.

If you read Things Fall Apart, you'd note that we were always blessed with top orators. Respected orators. It seems that at the very least, you've got to speak in your own first language or a nearby regional language, for that to manifest and look genuine.

There's just something not quite genuine or credible in trying to do it in English.

By the way, are we actually planning to remain a nation with English as her 'lingua franca' for infinity?
Re: How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by DonaldGenes(m): 5:00pm On Sep 07, 2012
Rossikk:

Zik was a great orator. As was Bola Ige I believe. But we're working at a distinct disadvantage. English is not our first language, nor are western delivery nuances our first habits, so there will always be issues with 'delivery' that can 'match' an Obama or Clinton session on their terms.

If you read Things Fall Apart, you'd note that we were always blessed with top orators. Respected orators. It seems that at the very least, you've got to speak in your own first language or a nearby regional language, for that to manifest and look genuine.

There's just something not quite genuine or credible in trying to do it in English.

By the way, are we actually planning to remain a nation with English as her 'lingua franca' for infinity?
you have highly spoken well-am proud
Re: How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by tpia5: 8:12am On Sep 08, 2012
they're supposed to take voice and oratory lessons prior to the election process.

not sure why nigerians dont do that, although we dont necessarily have to compare.

but occasionally we do.
Re: How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by DonaldGenes(m): 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
tpia@:
they're supposed to take voice and oratory lessons prior to the election process.

not sure why nigerians dont do that, although we dont necessarily have to compare.

but occasionally we do.
ofcourse
Re: How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 12, 2012
It seems we re yet matured......actually GEJ's speech durin campaign was quite Good.......he even had 'If I can do it U Can'........but still waiting for him sha..........

Nigeria campaign shd be beyond promisin electricity,water,road.........seem dats d only thin we unstand!!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by Goldmind1(m): 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
Admiring a man (Obama) who has sold America to the Arabs. Next, the Uncircumcised (Arabs) will invade America with war, the way King Nebuchadnezzar invaded Babylon......
WATCH AND WITNESS IT YOURSELF WHEN IT WILL BE HAPPENING
Re: How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by Goldmind1(m): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
Admiring a man (Obama) who has sold America to the Arabs. Next, the Uncircumcised (Arabs) will invade America with war, the way King Nebuchadnezzar invaded Jerusalem......
Re: How Do You Assess Press Obama Oratory Speech Tonight Compared To Nigerian Type ? by DonaldGenes(m): 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
Gold-mind:
Admiring a man (Obama) who has sold America to the Arabs. Next, the Uncircumcised (Arabs) will invade America with war, the way King Nebuchadnezzar invaded Babylon......
objection please,i dont agree with that friend in its entirety..there are some things i intuitively dont sincerely agree with except you back it up with some more real facts

(1) (Reply)

India Deploys Commando Squad To Protect Its Richest Man / Earthquake Hit South Africa, Killing One / Raw: Festival Of Twins Celebrated In Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.