Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,800 members, 7,806,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . (8130 Views)

South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. / "We're Yet To Reap The Benefits Of Jonathan In Power" - South-south Leaders / PDP Conspiring With Reps To Impeach GEJ - S’South Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 07, 2012
LEADERS of the South-south geopolitical zone who met yesterday under the aegis of the South- South Peoples Assembly (SSPA) in Effurun, Delta State agreed to endorse President Goodluck Jonathan to run for a second term in 2015.

Nearly all the six states of the region were duly represented.

The leaders have not met since the Calabar declaration of 2004 when the region was clamouring for the Presidency to be zoned to it.

Yesterday, the speakers were unanimous about Jonathan’s re-contesting in 2015.

They therefore endorsed Jonathan to complete his eight years tenure when they echoed ‘yes’ to a call by Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clark if they wanted Jonathan in 2015.

The convener, Clark said the northern political leaders were being unduly antagonistic to the south-south especially since President Jonathan assumed office in 2011.

He specifically noted that some leaders of the north, like Alhaji Lawal Kaita had threatened prior to the 2011 elections that unless a northerner emerged as president, they would make the country ungovernable and more so had recently threatened that except a northerner succeeds Jonathan, there would be “no Nigeria.”

He said that the threats by the northern leaders was fuelling the insurgency by Boko Haram, stressing that until these northern leaders rose above sectional interest and the governors lived up to the challenges of insecurity, the threat to the northern economy and peace of the country, the quest for peaceful co-existence and development would remain futile.

Clark said that the North was doing everything possible to shut down the South-South hence they were calling for the abrogation of the 2004 Act which ended the onshore/offshore dichotomy so as to cripple the South-South region.

The leaders discussed the convening of the national conference of all ethnic nationalities in the country to trash out issues of national co-existence.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98020:south-south-leaders-endorse-jonathan-for-second-term&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Afam4eva(m): 8:34am On Sep 07, 2012
To think that they've not met since 2004 is a shame...They really have nothing else to discuss as a group except to drum of support for any Ijaw south-south person to become president.
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by hakanai(m): 8:52am On Sep 07, 2012
This man Clark,today you sing this song with daggers drawn another day you choose to say it's about working together.With such words and finger pointing you simply divide and bring rancor amongst people and sow bitter issues in the peoples mind who hear you.That some may choose never to work or trust you on mutual understanding. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by slimming: 8:55am On Sep 07, 2012
The people of Nigeria are the only one with exclusive right to endorse the president for another term, it can't be these hungry men and women calling themselves leaders for d purpose of making money from the governmnet

2 Likes

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by professorgarri: 10:29am On Sep 07, 2012
Nna men, comu hia! why aru dey endorsising this jo-lantern again. biko, I do notu want this jona guy anymore

3 Likes

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Toks2008(m): 10:29am On Sep 07, 2012
Are we sure Nigeria will remain one by 2015?
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Demdem(m): 10:33am On Sep 07, 2012
But the Retardeen told the Nigerian people personally that he will only go for one term undecided I expect him to ignore this satanic call.

2 Likes

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Flakeey(f): 10:34am On Sep 07, 2012
Majority carries the vote...
South-south out of the whole Nigeria?
we are waiting......
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by ifihearam: 10:36am On Sep 07, 2012
Demdem: But the Retardeen told the Nigerian people personally that he will only go for one term undecided I expect him to ignore this satanic call.

Mr president also said in the last media chat that time will tell but it seems we want him back even if he doesn't wanna contest....peoples wish must prevail and its a YES

6 Likes

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by ifihearam: 10:36am On Sep 07, 2012
Flakeey: Majority carries the vote...
we are waiting......

Who be dis?
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Chanchit: 10:36am On Sep 07, 2012
So if the Ijaw people no endorse GEJ, na Me them go endorse..? Nexxxxxt...!
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by super1760: 10:47am On Sep 07, 2012
Demdem: But the Retardeen told the Nigerian people personally that he will only go for one term undecided I expect him to ignore this satanic call.
when didhe tell you that?

1 Like

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Demdem(m): 10:47am On Sep 07, 2012
ifihearam:

Mr president also said in the last media chat that time will tell but it seems we want him back even if he doesn't wanna contest....peoples wish must prevail and its a YES

Honararium, this means the retardeen is not a man of his own. He moves to wherever the wind directs him. An inconsistent mamalia that says something today and another tommorrow. I wonder the kind of people that crave for such a person leadership.

Person no wan contest, u talk say na lie. Nw by force? Let the south south bring anoda competent person jor.

1 Like

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by superior1: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2012

Ratardeeness and Satanic calls are twins.
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by masterpiecer(m): 10:48am On Sep 07, 2012
Flakeey: Majority carries the vote...
we are waiting......

has there ever been anytime that the northerners support any south-south candidate?, they believe they own Nigeria, but they will be proven wrong again.

1 Like

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by waja(m): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2012
When shall South East follow suit?
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2012
No one expects anything different. sad
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by onthefence: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2012
I see the Dog is about to disobey its master's whistle.
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by ifihearam: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2012
Demdem:

Honararium, this means the retardeen is not a man of his own. He moves to wherever the wind directs him. An inconsistent mamalia that says something today and another tommorrow. I wonder the kind of people that crave for such a person leadership.

Person no wan contest, u talk say na lie. Nw by force? Let the south south bring anoda competent person jor.

Buhari kettle,na GEJ we want oooooo,na by force say we must produce another person ni?
This man is visionary and we want him to complete wat he has started.

1 Like

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 07, 2012
They will always hide behind SE and yet they will say we(SE) are not their Bigger Brother...Endorsement that came immediately after Obi's declarations says alot undecided
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by nosagold(m): 10:52am On Sep 07, 2012
Toks2008: Are we sure Nigeria will remain one by 2015?

If yu ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Baawaa(m): 10:52am On Sep 07, 2012
Very soon we will see another heading"South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan should be killed before 2015" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Built2last: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2012
i'm not part of this regional sentiment....if uncle Jona provides steady power supply before 2015... i will vote him in 2015. if not, am not voting

2 Likes

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2012

Yoruba go hide abeg, which one is ur own, ur baba took 8 yrs and almost sleep with his daughter in-law into 3rd term

1 Like

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by truth4meal(m): 10:55am On Sep 07, 2012
ifihearam:

people of Niger Delta's wish abi?...can d fraction of south-south make GEJ president? Edwin Clark and his co travellers are just narrowing the president chance of re-election with bigotry utterances. Now we ve a president dat is not Nigerian but ND...u guys come here abuse the yorubas, abuse the North and u want re-election in 2015...ur only ally being igbos who demselves want a slot at d top...seriously do we have a prof of Maths frm ND? I guess u guts nid to be taught d arithmetic of politics.
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Demdem(m): 10:55am On Sep 07, 2012
super1759-:
when didhe tell you that?

Where have u been. This is no news nau?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017

1 Like

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by IYANGBALI: 10:55am On Sep 07, 2012
Is he the best the region has to offer?hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by auwal87(m): 10:58am On Sep 07, 2012
Why not wait until at least 2014 before they start their endorsements??
This haste is useless.

1 Like

Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Demdem(m): 10:58am On Sep 07, 2012
superior1:

Ratardeeness and Satanic calls are twins.

I agree. cool
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by sambos994(m): 10:59am On Sep 07, 2012
They can endorse all they want....the PDP can kiss my @ss, because it can rule better than them. APGA, ACN, Labour, any other party but PDP I will vote for.
Re: South-South Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term . by Demdem(m): 11:01am On Sep 07, 2012
ifihearam:

Buhari kettle,na GEJ we want oooooo,na by force say we must produce another person ni?
This man is visionary and we want him to complete wat he has started.

Honorarium, u can force an animal to the stream to drink water but u cant force it to drink nau. Retardeen no wan do, let South south bring another much more competent person. these people are there. Buhari dey enjoy his retirement for daura, abi wettin concern him with Retardeen matter nau undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chief Dr. Willie Obiano Manifesto and History Impeccable! / What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? / Buhari Reconstitutes Standing Committee Of National Honours Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.