Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Tampa Vs Charlotte - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Tampa Vs Charlotte (3526 Views)

Check Out Photos From The Royal Christening Of Princess Charlotte Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 3:50am On Sep 08, 2012
Verdict:
Democrats vote Obama bc they love him
Republicans vote Romney bc they hate Obama grin
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by montelik(m): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2012
Democrats vote Obama cause the are no other option, certainly not Slow Joe. grin
Republicans vote Romney cause he actually won a primary, regardless of misgivings. cool
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
A sitting president is usually unopposed in his party primaries.
May be the GOP coulda nominated Gingrich grin or Palin grin grin or Santorium grin grin
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
Found this thread buried in the avalanche of the US ambassadors death...which kin yeye title be this self? prez?

How have you fellas been? Hope alls fine & dandy...

@topic,
Both were dry jare...but this is coming from someone who watched only bits & pieces. I think the Democratic one was better as in the speakers appeared to be more fired up. Mass gov Deval Patrick was so red he looked like he was about to burst several veins...we all know he was laying the groundwork for a future stab at a presidential or vice-presidential run...goodluck cadillac Patrick, I laugh in Joe Biden-ese cheesy. And the hispanic dude too...also bricklaying in hopes to become the 1st hispanic american president...you too I wish you goodluck jonathan cheesy.

Anyways...Obama appeared to have gotten a beeny bounce in the polls, I'm curious to see how long it'll last. Americans are notorious for their short term memory.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
pres-elect:
A sitting president is usually unopposed in his party primaries.
May be the GOP coulda nominated Gingrich grin or Palin grin grin or Santorium grin grin
Still very much addicted to Sarah Palin I see. Just get it over with and send her your proposal...you never know, she may find you more appealing than Todd Palin - and you sef I wish you goodluck cos you're going to need wheelbarrow loads of it going by Todd Palin's machismo performance/appearance at the recent reality show "Stars Earn Stripes"...that dudes got some real cohones.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by montelik(m): 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
Both conventions were dull. But considering the tough economic conditions and weather concerns, its understandable they were a little muted. On a whole I thought the conventions didn't do much for either candidate. But Romney needed a good convention more than Obama, particularly when you look at his favor-ability numbers and polling struggles against a severely wounded incumbent. Besides the debates, he wont have any moments of free and high exposure airtime to make a significant impression before the election.

For me the best speakers and speeches at the respective conventions were Michelle Obama and Bill Clinton at the DNC. Susana Martinez and Rand Paul/Marco Rubio at the RNC. Obama got the best from his primetime speakers, Romney didn't. Chris Christie's keynote was good but not particularly convincing at all, it didn't move the needle for Romney, unlike Clinton so brilliantly did for Obama. Ann Romney was also good, but not enough. Michelle outperformed her easily.

Christie isn't big rally speaker, he does better when operating in an interactive setting, especially when he has the bully pulpit. He isn't a story teller like a Rubio, neither does he have sufficient charisma.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
montelik: Both conventions were dull. But considering the tough economic conditions and weather concerns, its understandable they were a little muted. On a whole I thought the conventions didn't do much for either candidate. But Romney needed a good convention more than Obama, particularly when you look at his favor-ability numbers and polling struggles against a severely wounded incumbent. Besides the debates, he wont have any moments of free and high exposure airtime to make a significant impression before the election.

For me the best speakers and speeches at the respective conventions were Michelle Obama and Bill Clinton at the DNC. Susana Martinez and Rand Paul/Marco Rubio at the RNC. Obama got the best from his primetime speakers, Romney didn't. Chris Christie's keynote was good but not particularly convincing at all, it didn't move the needle for Romney, unlike Clinton so brilliantly did for Obama. Ann Romney was also good, but not enough. Michelle outperformed her easily.

Christie isn't big rally speaker, he does better when operating in an interactive setting, especially when he has the bully pulpit. He isn't a story teller like a Rubio, neither does he have sufficient charisma.
Christie's (and ann romney's) speech was actually the only ones I sat through completely and I agree he didn't do so well in rallying the audience. I do like him a lot, he's a hard-hitter and a nonsense kinda guy, what you see is what you get. Ann Romney is what she is, she's not a politician unlike Michelle Obama who's had plenty of public speaking practice in her prior careers & now as 1st lady.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by armyofone(m): 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
for me the speaker i will never forget in a hurry was Jennifer Granholm grin grin grin
wow, that was like sipping/drinking Vodka mix with some Jack Daniel. Very Fireful grin

and the Clinton's simple Arithmetic for PreK or first graders grin

Jesoul welcome back
Pres, kedu
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by KayDee4: 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
armyofone: for me the speaker i will never forget in a hurry was Jennifer Granholm grin grin grin
wow, that was like sipping/drinking Vodka mix with some Jack Daniel. Very Fireful grin

Jesoul welcome back
Pres, kedu

[size=13pt] Lol !!! I loved Jen's speech, she was fired up and got the crowd really excited. I felt she had some sips of . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed before she stepped on stage. Old mama youngie with so much action cheesy cheesy . I also liked J.Catsro's, van Hollen's, T. Strickland's, Michelle, Barack and of course, the big dog himself, B. Clinton. I missed parts of the convention in time spent on the road rushing home. Missed Debbie's W. Schultz's speech, I like her for her stubbornness and willingness to fight anyone from the opposition grin .
Charlotte was all about bringing facts to light and Tampa was about propagating lies.
[/size]
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2012
armyofone: for me the speaker i will never forget in a hurry was Jennifer Granholm grin grin grin

Jesoul welcome back
Pres, kedu
Heeeeey wassup girl kiss ...

Kay-Dee:

[size=13pt] Lol !!! I loved Jen's speech, she was fired up and got the crowd really excited. I felt she had some sips of . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed before she stepped on stage. Old mama youngie with so much action cheesy cheesy . I also liked J.Catsro's, van Hollen's, T. Strickland's, Michelle, Barack and of course, the big dog himself, B. Clinton. I missed parts of the convention in time spent on the road rushing home. Missed Debbie's W. Schultz's speech, I like her for her stubbornness and willingness to fight anyone from the opposition grin .
Charlotte was all about bringing facts to light and Tampa was about propagating lies.
[/size]
Lol...this kool-aid ehn, it must be of palm-wine quality cheesy
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by montelik(m): 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
^^Its election season, the hyper partisans are out in full force. grin
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2012
Yes, we are baaaaaaaaack cheesy
Hey jesoul, what up giiiiiiirl!! wink
Tampa:
Clint Eastwood- joker
Mrs Romney-cool
Mr Romney- stiff

Charlotte:
San-Antonio mayor-superb
Mrs Obama- superb
Nuns on the run bus- fresh air
Billy the priapic master- masterly
Barrack H Obama- classy
Verdit: excellent convention

Effects:
Tampa bounce 1% for less than a week
Charlotte bounce >4% especially @ battle ground states including a 5 point lead in Florida, 7 point lead in Ohio, 4 point lead in Virginia. Leads in colorado, narrow lead(statistical tie) in Iowa etc

But it's just September

Finally Romney embarrased himself in the wake of the Islam video crisis grin
Obama showed class. He gave Egypt the cold shoulders, then called the Egyptian president and next we heard was Egyptian police chasing away all rioters from the embassy.

But it's just September.

Honestly I have big problems to handle and I don't care much this year especially as I believe Romney is a reasonable person too( unlike goongrinch, santaroost, michelle
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 7:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
Tampa:
Clint Eastwood- joker
Mrs Romney-cool
Mr Romney- stiff

Charlotte:
San-Antonio mayor-superb
Mrs Obama- superb
Barrack H Obama- classy

Effects:
Charlotte bounce >4% especially @ battle ground states including a 5 point lead in Florida, 7 point lead in Ohio, 4 point lead in Virginia. Leads in colorado, narrow lead(statistical tie) in Iowa etc

But it's just September

Obama showed class. He gave Egypt the cold shoulders, then called the Egyptian president and next we heard was Egyptian police chasing away all rioters from the embassy.

But it's just September.

Honestly I have big problems to handle and I don't care much this year especially as I believe Romney is a reasonable person too( unlike goongrinch, santaroost, michelle bachmad, and all them lunatics lining up for attention)
I believe Romney is just talking trash to win the elections. IF he wins he will be reasonable. IF he wins.

Me I de find food to chop. Na look I de look them
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
montelik: ^^Its election season, the hyper partisans are out in full force. grin
hehe cheesy

pres-elect:
Not much dude. We thank God. How body now? All this cheddar wey you dey make as we no see you for a while...wey my share? cheesy

Tampa:
Clint Eastwood- joker
Mrs Romney-cool
Mr Romney- stiff

Charlotte:
San-Antonio mayor-superb
Mrs Obama- superb
Barrack H Obama- classy

Effects:
See this unrepentant Liberal cheesy would you have given any other verdict? But true talk sha, I agree overall the DNC seemed to have more sugar & spice...now whether it had substance is a whole nother ball game.

No be flowery speech we go chop jare. Next! grin

But it's just September

Perhaps Romney could've exhibited more tact, but its better than the hands-off, I-don't-want-to-offend-any-muslims, chicken-feet approach the Obama admin employs everytime there is a crisis. I wish I could borrow them Chuck Norris' spine. I'm not advocating a gung-ho shoot 'em down approach, no, I just wish we'd see some firm leadership, one that instills fear and commands respect. But as you so eloquently said:

it's just September.
smiley. The scriptural verse of "there's nothing new under the sun" is especially true in regards to Obama.

Honestly I have big problems to handle
Ah ah, which problems? Share with us, maybe we can help...

and I don't care much this year especially as I believe Romney is a reasonable person too( unlike goongrinch, santaroost, michelle bachmad, and all them lunatics lining up for attention)
I believe Romney is just talking trash to win the elections. IF he wins he will be reasonable. IF he wins.

Me I de find food to chop. Na look I de look them
Lol...okay oh. If you find some abeg slide some my way ehn. Muchos gracias hombre.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by armyofone(m): 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
Romney is out with new winning strategies.

Waiting for news conference.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
Hey Jesoul, how's that trickle down reaganomics working out for ya?
David Cameron don kill us for here o grin

Our dream of a spotlessly liberal America lives on. The fight goes on and America will lead te rest of the world to establish social justice and global equality wink
Eliminate hunger war and disease
Downgrade defence spending and uplift stimulus packages cheesy
Pass the dream act
Bring true health reform with public option
Give women their free rights and equal pay( say hurray barrack)
End all wars
Universal healthcare
Free Education in great public schools
Marriage equality cheesy
Freedom of religion
FDR's four freedoms implemented to the letter

And world peace ever after cheesy
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2012
Holds it up....armyofone...why is there an (m) next to your name? or is my memory sketchier than I think? lol.

pres-elect:
Hey Jesoul, how's that trickle down reaganomics working out for ya?
Is this another way of using style to ask the now infamous question "am I better off now than 4 years ago?" cheesy

David Cameron don kill us for here o grin
Going by that nonsensity you people displayed during the Olympic opening ceremony...it was then I truly believed the Brits are going south. I mean shame no catch una? I hope you were not one of those off-step teenagers jerking all over the place in the name of 'dancing' grin

Our dream of a spotlessly liberal America lives on.
Hallucinate dream on brother

The fight goes on and America will lead te rest of the world to establish social justice and global equality wink
Amen...kind of, depending on what you mean by "equality"

Eliminate hunger war and disease
Are you calling Jesus a liar? He said we will always have poor people with us

Downgrade defence spending and uplift stimulus packages cheesy
Make I remix am for you: Downgrade wasteful spending in all areas of govt and reserve stimulus packages for only blue moons

Pass the dream act
Amen, with some minor amendments

Bring true health reform with public option
As long as Prez will pay for it

Give women their free rights and equal pay( say hurray barrack)
Hmmm...me I'm free oh...I dunno what you're talking about lol. Equal pay, amen.

End all wars
1000% agree

Universal healthcare
Again, long as you're paying for it Prez.

Free Education in great public schools
Free elementary education in great public schools.

Marriage equality cheesy
See your mouth. Nobody's holding them now, have ur civil unions, just don't force me to recognize you as 'married'.

Freedom of religion
Already there.

FDR's four freedoms implemented to the letter

At the heart, it is a great idea. Man's sinful nature will never let it come to pass...

And world peace ever after cheesy
And you will be the next mr. universe smiley

Ahhh starry eyed utopian Liberals who are divorced from the harsh realities of the way things work on planet earth, may you live short in your fantasies before reality slaps you back into consciousness. Say amen smiley.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 9:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
grin
Jesoul stop disturbing Jesus in every little debate angry
And by the way, if he said the poor will always be there, did he say they will always be hungry? Huh jesoul angry
Leave Jesus alone, he has bigger issues to deal with. Don't bother him with pres-elects liberal expressions cheesy

And yes the public option and other liberal issues will be paid for with the money recovered by ending your useless wars. How many kids have been killed in Afghanistan this month? How muh has been spent in that nonsense. Use te money from Iraq and afghan wars to fund public option, Medicare etc cool

I'm sure you are better off this year than four war ago when you were worried u may be laid off in the heat o the crisis. But you won't admit it, that's okay.

Free fall of the US economy stopped
Health reform done
Equal pay for women done
Open military service for LGBT done
Osama Bin Jesoul Linda Laden silenced forever
Iraq war ended
4 million jobs created. In the middle of a harsh recession. How many did bush create in 8 yrs?
Hope say u dey count am o.

You say liberals live in dream world huh? In 1968, Bobby kennedy predicted there would be a black president in 40yrs. Fast forward 40yrs. Obama's election. We live in dream world. If you're looking for psycho dreamers, don't look far. Uncle goongrinch is close by grin
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by armyofone(m): 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
lol, lmao.

same chic my sister grin
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by KayDee4: 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
JeSoul: Lol...this kool-aid ehn, it must be of palm-wine quality cheesy

[size=13pt] You're damn right. You should try some of it. wink [/size]
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2012
armyofone: lol, lmao.

same chic my sister grin
Lol. Threw me off for a second there grin...

Kay-Dee:

[size=13pt] You're damn right. You should try some of it. wink [/size]
Lol...and get an upset stomach? cheesy no gracias amigo.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
pres-elect:
grin
Jesoul stop disturbing Jesus in every little debate angry
And by the way, if he said the poor will always be there, did he say they will always be hungry? Huh jesoul angry
Leave Jesus alone, he has bigger issues to deal with. Don't bother him with pres-elects liberal expressions cheesy
I no go leave am oh at all at all. Jesus has everything to do with my political beliefs smiley.

And yes the public option and other liberal issues will be paid for with the money recovered by ending your useless wars. How many kids have been killed in Afghanistan this month? How muh has been spent in that nonsense. Use te money from Iraq and afghan wars to fund public option, Medicare etc cool
See in theory this sounds very nice. But how about we simply return the money to the rightful owners to do with as they see fit? the taxpayers? Using budget surplus to create more govt programs will only lead down an endless cycle.
[img]http://renaissanceronin.files./2009/09/im_from_the_government_im_here_to_help.jpg[/img]

I'm sure you are better off this year than four war ago when you were worried u may be laid off in the heat o the crisis. But you won't admit it, that's okay.
Lol. Look at you, how about you lemme answer for myself? I got a better job so I'm better in that regard, but more of my hard earned money is being taken away from me to fund shady stimulus bills, is that better?

Free fall of the US economy stopped
Health reform done
Equal pay for women done
Open military service for LGBT done
Osama Bin Jesoul Linda Laden silenced forever
Iraq war ended
4 million jobs created. In the middle of a harsh recession. How many did bush create in 8 yrs?
Hope say u dey count am o.
Siddon. The constant need to compare an rotten apple (insert Bush or Obama here) to a slightly less rotten apple (insert Bush or Obama here) cheesy

You say liberals live in dream world huh? In 1968, Bobby kennedy predicted there would be a black president in 40yrs. Fast forward 40yrs. Obama's election. We live in dream world. If you're looking for psycho dreamers, don't look far. Uncle goongrinch is close by grin
And I predict there'll be a Latino president within the next 40yrs...how exactly is/was this a 'dream'? lol. It was only a matter of time. Its all the other utopian ideals you keep wishing for like 'free' healthcare, worldwide peace and rivers flowing with palmwine chocolate that I'm hustling you on.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 6:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
I AM FROM BAIN CAPITAL AND I'M HERE TO HELP
grin grin grin
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 7:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
pres-elect:
grin grin grin
grin Spoken like a true Nancy Pelosi-ish, MSNBC watchin', green leaf waving Liberal. Deflect, and throw around relatively irrelevant catch-phrases in hopes to avoid confronting the shallow-ness of your stance & hope to discombobulate the opposition. Ah I have missed you! lol Try again! cheesy

Meanwhile, read up on this article published just today actually. Plenty of insight on problems with American healthcare and how simply throwing more money at the situation will NOT solve it. Until people are made to take personal responsibility for their behaviors (healthwise, socialwise, financialwise etc etc) we will continue to have problems.

Health care costs to bulge along with U.S. waistlines
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/18/health/us-obesity/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

1 Like

Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by armyofone(m): 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
in addition:

I'm from China, I'm here to ship more American business to Shenzhen and Shanghai.

pres-elect:
grin grin grin
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by montelik(m): 10:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
JeSoul: grin Spoken like a true Nancy Pelosi-ish, MSNBC watchin', green leaf waving Liberal. Deflect, and throw around relatively irrelevant catch-phrases in hopes to avoid confronting the shallow-ness of your stance & hope to discombobulate the opposition. Ah I have missed you! lol Try again! cheesy

Meanwhile, read up on this article published just today actually. Plenty of insight on problems with American healthcare and how simply throwing more money at the situation will NOT solve it. Until people are made to take personal responsibility for their behaviors (healthwise, socialwise, financialwise etc etc) we will continue to have problems.

Health care costs to bulge along with U.S. waistlines
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/18/health/us-obesity/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Don't worry Mayor Bloomberg is coming to the rescue. Bloomberg for head of HHS. grin
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by dayokanu(m): 2:10am On Sep 19, 2012
Romney don drop another one

47% of Americans dont pay Income tax
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 4:22am On Sep 19, 2012
dayokanu: Romney don drop another one

47% of Americans dont pay Income tax
Coming from a guy who has tax issues grin

These republicans, I gotta give 'em credit, they don't give a damn about facts. They boldly export lies and say it with a straight face. Lol.

I'm sure the people in his mind are blacks and minorites grin like my man tayod, toshman, and my good friend jesoul and other black GOP apologists grin
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by KayDee4: 8:13am On Sep 19, 2012
[size=13pt] " . . . . . . . they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives ". - Romney talking about the so-called 47%.

Sounds like , "I'm sorry there's nothing I can do to help your sorry situation; if you're poor or less fortunate, you're on your own; I'm not even going to try and find a solution to your problems".

I still don't see why anyone who's not with the top 1 or 2 % would be interested in this guy. undecided undecided . The only way he stands a chance now is through fraudulent disenfranchisement which they have been plotting in various states.
[/size]
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
GOP is toxic at the moment. They can't even mention Bush at the convention, they don't have anything to offer beyond tax cuts for the rich. All they love is Obama bashing, which brings them almost half the electorate. Their only hope now is that some bad event occurs which will make Americans want to remove Obama. And of course, disfranchisement of blacks, minorities and the poor. Especially in battleground states.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
He already said he is not concerned about the poor. He is only bothered about his rich friends.

Obama already countered that when he won in 2008, Romney had 47% of votes but I told everyone that even those 47% I have heard you, and I would be a president for all Americans

Every week Romney makes new gaffes. When he isnt insulting Britain he is making unguarded remarks about Egypt now this one.

A candidate that should be on the offensive has been put on defence for the past month 7 weeks into the election. It sure isnt looking good fot MYTH Romney
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
armyofone: in addition:

I'm from China, I'm here to ship more American business to Shenzhen and Shanghai.

Lol grin

montelik:

Don't worry Mayor Bloomberg is coming to the rescue. Bloomberg for head of HHS. grin
Lol, next they'll be banning large straws or plates bigger than 12inches in diameter. They banned large drinks, does it really escape their upstairs faculty that one can just simply order 2medium drinks?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things Are Getting Crazy In California. See The Pic. / About Growing Afro-chinese Economic Relations / Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.