Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) (28115 Views)

Toyin Saraki Joins The Obamas, Usher & Others For Event At The White House. PICS / Solomon Dalung Wore This To Visit El-Rufai At Kaduna Govt House (Pics) / Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by rollout40(m): 8:11am On Sep 08, 2012
Demolition Of Igwe Robert Eze's Kidnappers House

GOVERNOR Peter Obi, Wednesday, at Ifite-Oraifite in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State, supervised the demolition of two buildings belonging to a suspected kidnap kingpin, Mr. Olisagbo Ifedike.

Obi, had earlier announced that any building used by kidnappers or belonging to a kidnapper would be demolished and the land confiscated by government. A hotel and two buildings in the state had earlier been sealed off on the orders of the governor, following allegations that they were being used as hide out by suspected kidnappers.

Ifedike, 36, alias Ofe Akwu, was arrested on Monday by a combined team of the Inspector General of Police, IGP’s, special task force and State Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, along with a member of the gang.

The two properties demolished yesterday were a one -storey building with a pent house and a bungalow which he built for his father.

During the raid on the compound, the police discovered sophisticated arms and ammunition in a plastic concealed underground behind the bungalow.

In the armoury were 27 AK 47 rifles, one K2 riffle, two type-06 rifles, one General Purpose Machine Gun, one Rocket launcher, 17 rockets, six pump action guns, three dane guns, one Barrett pistol and 13 Rocket grenades, as well as 12,800 rounds of AK 47 live ammunition, 530 rounds of LAR ammunition, 95 rounds of GPMG live ammunition, 1000 rounds of K2 live ammunition and 143 magazines.

Apart from an underground structure in the compound suspected to be a place for keeping victims, there was also an extended building with toilet facilities behind the bungalow suspected to be a place he was using as a cell.

In a small building attached to the wall near the gate was a shrine allegedly used by the father of the suspect, Mr. Patrick Ifedike, alias Ogbujingidi, said to be a native doctor.

Before yesterday’s demolition, it was noticed that there had been an attack on the compound by suspected angry mob who burnt parts of the buildings, smashed the windows, doors and furniture in the area.

Obi, who personally supervised the caterpillars while at work on the buildings with some members of the State Executive Council, said the action was in line with the law of the state which provides that any property linked to kidnappers and other criminals would be confiscated and demolished by the state government.

According to him, the decision was geared towards eradicating crime and flushing out hoodlums from the state.

The governor said further that due process of the law had been initiated to prosecute the suspect, while government would go after all his investments in the country.

He said that Ifedike’s hotels have already been sealed off, while Abia State government would be contacted to seal off another hotel in Umuahia also belonging to him.

While explaining that machinery had been set in motion to arrest other people involved in the crime, Obi reminded other criminals still lurking in any part of the state, that the game was up as his administration would not relent until the set objective was achieved.

He also reminded traditional rulers and town union executives of their responsibility to ensure that their communities were not used as hiding place for criminals, even as he urged youths to take advantage of the various economic empowerment programmes of the state government to earn decent living.

10 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by rollout40(m): 8:20am On Sep 08, 2012
More pics

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Sunofgod(m): 9:43am On Sep 08, 2012
It would have made more sence auctioning off the properties and using the money raised against kidnappers,

But a step in the right direction,

3 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Dainfamous: 9:55am On Sep 08, 2012
obi the man of the people..
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:11am On Sep 08, 2012
Sun of god: It would have made more sence auctioning off the properties and using the money raised against kidnappers,

But a step in the right direction,

^^^You're kidding me!.....who'd want to live in a house like that ?

The house must be haunted and cursed, and there's absolutely no way you can go to bed in that house with both eyes closed. The former owner is not only a crook, but looks creepy to boot.

8 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by freesoul3(f): 10:15am On Sep 08, 2012
obi is fired up and ready for action!
my action governor
carry go!
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
My governor, Peter Obi, is the best governor in Nigeria. Which state does he govern, again? grin

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by achi4u(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
Vanity upon vanity.

The action governor
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by MrGlobe2: 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
One the the few times obi should be commended. seems he is waking from deep slumber. Good development. How can a man be in possession of those armory? Capital punishment immediately please. Thats a treasonable offence

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by achi4u(m): 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
ArQueBusieR: My governor, Peter Obi, is the best governor in Nigeria. Which state does he govern, again? grin
gringringringringrin
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by 9ijaprince(m): 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hmm
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by damola1: 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^You're kidding me!.....who'd want to live in a house like that ?

The house must be haunted and cursed, and there's absolutely no way you can go to bed in that house with both eyes closed. The former owner is not only a crook, but looks creepy to boot.

What crap.... and the land am sure is also haunted...and it'll be there forever.. no one will touch it....listen to yaself

Like the man said, it should have been auctioned off, hotels, property management are good businesses....and money doesn't really know any source... because IBB looks clean in the face doesn't mean his money is cleaner than any of these guys... they are all crooks.... Don't get it twisted!.. so yes, they shouldn't have wasted the resources..

On another note, is the rule of law really been followed.. I mean.. on what basis is a kidnapper identified... what if this is a personal vendetta by a police inspector against a personal friend or even by Obi himself... me thinks the due process is essential and needs to be followed, if anything should be done, it should be to improve the process of police arresting, court judging, and sentence served!.. not for the state to automatically become a police, lawyer, jury, judge...my 2kobo

7 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by samfibby(m): 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
Anambra is filled with guns and ammunition. The last time i was in onitsha, i was amazed at the amount of arms and ammunitions in the possesion of its populace. Abeg, purge that place or else....
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by esere826: 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
Thankfully, it seems the era when some 'lower classed' suspects were paraded only in their panties while big shots had their agbada on is gradually coming to an end.

Thumbs up to the relevant authorites for this progress
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by chii8(f): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2012
Thumbs up to Peter Obi buh i pray this is not one of all these political stunts pulled up by politicians in our country....lemme me watch n pray*yawns*feel lk eating puffpuff
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by achi4u(m): 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2012
Those two guys on the secon picture must be the criminals.just look at their facesgrin
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2012
Was the guy planning a war? 27000 rounds of ammunition and rocket launchers.

Nigeria sha. I'm sure that dude had multiple houses in his village and many in the village would want their sons to be as rich as he was. They even gave him chieftain title. Mu he he he he he he he!

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by greall1: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2012
Na hausa and ibo people dey spoilt dis con3. I don't care what pple talk about my comment
If you like, u can use your mouth kiss dog.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by chreldb(m): 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
chii8: Thumbs up to Peter Obi buh i pray this is not one of all these political stunts pulled up by politicians in our country....lemme me watch n pray*yawns*feel lk eating puffpuff

Wetin concern Gov obi concern kidnappers concern puff puff? grin
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Gentleboby: 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
Very good of you Obi.
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by MrGlobe2: 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
damola1:

What crap.... and the land am sure is also haunted...and it'll be there forever.. no one will touch it....listen to yaself

Like the man said, it should have been auctioned off, hotels, property management are good businesses....and money doesn't really know any source... because IBB looks clean in the face doesn't mean his money is cleaner than any of these guys... they are all crooks.... Don't get it twisted!.. so yes, they shouldn't have wasted the resources..

On another note, is the rule of law really been followed.. I mean.. on what basis is a kidnapper identified... what if this is a personal vendetta by a police inspector against a personal friend or even by Obi himself... me thinks the due process is essential and needs to be followed, if anything should be done, it should be to improve the process of police arresting, court judging, and sentence served!.. not for the state to automatically become a police, lawyer, jury, judge...my 2kobo
Can you listen to yourself. Somebody was caught with this magnitude of ammunition and you are asking these silly questions. Are you ok? He should have been shot on sighting this armoury with him. A civilian for that matter. The house should be rightly demolished. The hotels too should. They were from ransoms of the 'hardwork' of innocent individuals. If we were to buy your logic then Osama bin Laden will still be alive

2 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by hardywaltz(m): 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2012
Thumbs up Mr Obi!
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by BUSHMAN1: 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2012
O! DIKWA EGWOUOO!
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by ujukala: 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2012
Nothing men won't do for money. Even using his ancestral house for kidnapping!
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by plendil: 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
does he really have the powers to do that? have the courts pronounced them guilty?

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by damola1: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mr. Globe2:

Can you listen to yourself. Somebody was caught with this magnitude of ammunition and you are asking these silly questions. Are you ok? He should have been shot on sighting this armoury with him. A civilian for that matter. The house should be rightly demolished. The hotels too should. They were from ransoms of the 'hardwork' of innocent individuals. If we were to buy your logic then Osama bin Laden will still be alive

You obviously do not understand the essence of the rule of law. Osama was not only a known terrorist, he not only masterminded several terrorist attacks, but he also acknowledges that's he's responsible... excuse me, who is that man above?... what exactly where his crimes....who did he kidnap in the past, and how much ransom was collected, where is the money he collected?... who are his bankers?... is there any prove to that effect?....what made you sure what was supposedly said to be in his house was put there by corrupt police or politicians, are you even sure that is his house?... are you sure that man is not mentally ill.... This questions can best be answered by the RULE OF LAW!

2 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by favour101(m): 1:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
With all this arms we can confortably chase Kogi for dragging our oil well

2 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by BlackOyinbo: 1:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
damola1:

I agree with u on the fact dat due process shd be followed in identifying and prosecuting alleged kidnappers. However, i'm of d view dat its better to demolish the properties and confiscate the land by govt. If sold, the kidnappers may terrorise the new owners to submission.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by mahel: 1:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
chii8: Thumbs up to Peter Obi buh i pray this is not one of all these political stunts pulled up by politicians in our country....lemme me watch n pray*yawns*feel lk eating puffpuff
. Nice 1.. grin
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
Jungle justice. At least it's justice in a country where big man who breaks the law goes scot free while an average citizen who breaks law gets life inprisonment or worse. In a normal society,kidnapping couldnt have thrived but who says ours is a normal society. If the story is anything to go by,credible, then i guess that would be a start in banishing this evil called kidnapping into oblivion. However,i cant give kudos to a governor for any reason cos he is doing what he's been paid for and who says the governor like most public office holders don't have blood on their hands and skeleton in their cupboard. Who'l destroy their houses afta ransacking it for possible AK 97.Who wil arrest them? Police,Sars,Jtf? Who wil prosecute them?
Re: Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) by klax(m): 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
@damola1: Qoute
"What crap.... and the land am sure is also haunted...and it'll be there forever.. no one will touch it....listen to yaself

On another note, is the rule of law really been followed.. I mean.. on what basis is a kidnapper identified... what if this is a personal vendetta by a police inspector against a personal friend or even by Obi himself... me thinks the due process is essential and needs to be followed, if anything should be done, it should be to improve the process of police arresting, court judging, and sentence served!.. not for the state to automatically become a police, lawyer, jury, judge...my 2kobo"

sorry I seems dont understand you, do I heard you called this issue a "PERSONAL VEDATTA"/ Do you read the thread very well or may I say do you listen to news at all? Someone with these much rounds of life amunition and they did not deny it still you are calling it a personal vendatta or a kind of set up by the gov. Biko bros let us be wise its not untill heaven falls that we get hold onto the truth afterall the culprits did not deny it how come you are now their Barrister? Well the truth is they have been napped and they will be mopped off the public for life time. No peace for criminals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Seizes Ibrahim Shema's Houses (Photos) / Jide Tinubu: Buhari Calls Bola Tinubu, Condoles Him Over His Son's Death / Ibrahim Babangida Hosts Wike At His Hilltop Residence In Minna(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.