Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (27741 Views)

Why African Men Are So Weak? / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by eveseh(f): 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2006
u are lucky
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by NINETOFIVE(m): 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2006
NO AFRICAN MAN WILL EVER TAKE YOU SERIOUS AS LONG AS YOU ARE DIVORCED, NO AFRICAN MAN WILL EVER TAKE YOU SERIOUS IF YOU HAVE A CHILD FOR ANOTHER MAN, THIS STEP FATHER SHIT AIN'T HAPPENING, AFRICANS TAKE MARIAGE SERIOUSLY. THEY DON'T WANNA THINK THAT THEIR WIFE WAS MARRIED BEFORE TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO DID STUFF WITH HER 24/7, HOW CAN SOMEBODY FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY LIKE THAT, YOU SAID YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN BUT YOU ARE DIVORCED, READ YOUR BIBLE PROPERLY.
NO AFRICAN MAN WILL HAVE A CHID AND WALK, YOU CANT COMPERE YOURSELF WITH AN AFRICA WOMAN, IF AN AFRICAN WOMAN GETS MARRIED SHE WOULD STAY COME WHAT MAY. FOR BETTER FOR WORSE IT IS, AND IN DEED IT IS, THE RESPONSIBILITY IS BOTH ON THE SIDE OF THE WOMAN AND THE MAN, IN AFRICA WHEN PEOPLE GET MARRIED IS FOR LIFE, PERIOD.
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by superman(m): 12:28am On Jun 24, 2006
i guess there are some gangsta bii   tcccch  love to hate nigeria! well good or bad trust me we nigerian will never i repeat subdue in all the hate flyin across the world! so weather 1+1 is 2 or -1-1is2 niether they will critize but hey nigerian man look behind u , do u see who is there! i bet is the same haters that think they run blacks are behind u! wonder if u get that !! any way hahh ahhaaaa heee hee he

we are out!
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by dbounddy(m): 2:32am On Jun 24, 2006
Ms Chelley, all i gat is one question

Do you have a nice booty ?
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by Ferlie(m): 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2007
do u have big ikebe?
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by superman(m): 11:38pm On Mar 11, 2007
end of the road i guess?
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by bigbumper(f): 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2007
I AM GLAD AFRICAN GIRLS ARE NO LONGER RISING TO THE BAITS IN TOPICS LIKE THIS.

The whole reason for the post is not the paper issue Bigsis is harping on about like a broken record, BUT to goad us into arguments like "african women are too submissive and are used as doormat by their men" or "African men chase us because we are smarter than their women" or "african american girls are prettier" etc

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by MP007(m): 8:35am On Jun 09, 2007
big boooty atrracts african mehn!
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by ozoneflake(m): 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2007
Tho this post sounds more of an advert of a good notured woman but been married before spoils it all. I think they just want to sleep with you or get something they want. Africans to be honest without debasing the post, do not have real feeling for divorcees. And ex. Therefore you gotto be careful.
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 09, 2007
i hope ozoneflake isnt offline cos am after. Stick 2 one topic now. U only drop crabs everywhere n escape

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by desodgi(m): 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2007
QUESTION ANSWERED?
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by ozoneflake(m): 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2007
Eudora why watch my back. Read the post, she is a woman of good breed and she is also well off. Been a divorcee what do you think African men want from her? Please read the post well and stop watching my back. Ill get you into trouble grin. Pls read the post by NINETOFIVE.
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by desodgi(m): 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2007
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by vronnie(f): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2007
I am a nigerian man with a lot of educated African American friends that definately do not think like you. To stereotype African Americans as only dating africans out of desperation is just worng. The few in the family that raise their eyebrows to their family marrying an African are just ignorant. Every culture has its good and bad. stereotypingis born out of the fear of the unknown and can also be attributed to attempts to validate yourself and hide your insecurities by demonising a group of people.

I hear some African Americans critisize the white man for stereotyping them with a lot of derogatory things (I am ashamed to mention) only for the same people to turn around and stereotype people they share the same roots with. This is very hypocritical, shallow and outright disgraceful very well said. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by desodgi(m): 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2007
long thing!
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by Mcbee(m): 5:41am On Jun 17, 2007
@Chelley, There's nothing exciting or interesting about this post. You seem to be an attention seeker. Perusing through the entire thread reveals a woman who knows the answer to her problem, yet wouldn't wanna accept the reality.You are lucky African men are still interested in you at 35. After seven years of marriage and divorced, you should know you gotta big problem at hand.

@ BigSis, You are not just a charlatan, but highly egocentric. Bracing through your thread exposes your inferiority complex. To be honest, you don't sound an American. I'm not even sure you live in the States. Bring up your picture let's see what you got. Come on! You have the nerve to open your volume of garbage to insult Nigerians in a Nigerian forum. Can you do that in your East African country?

Go look at the photo of Mokwuosa, read through her threads and learn from the Diva. She's a true African who wouldn't sell her PRIDE because she lives in LA.

Sister Mokwuosa and Iyke-D had already dealt with this post. Ya'll need to accept it or get lost.

@BigSis, do you know how many black American ladies in my Church who had tried every thing possible to get my heart in marriage?. I've seen some desperate black American ladies too. They are everywhere. There's a case I'm handling right now involving a black American female soldier going crazy for a Nigerian brother. The Nigerian boy doesn't want her, but she's doing everything to get the guy acceptance. What makes you feel all Nigerian are desperate? Please get a life and stop being naive and shallow minded.

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by elrufai2(m): 5:10am On Jun 23, 2007
Nigeria is a desperate country, with no opportunities. They can't go back there. There is nothing for them. So desperation rules, and they will use anybody to get what they want.

@BigSis

How dare you come to a Nigerian forum to make such insulting comments about Nigeria? I guess you arent any different from your fellow loud African American women. Talking about Nigeria in such derogatory terms shows how empty and dumb you are! Fact is you can never have the privilege of being a Nigerian! Damn you bitch!

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by BigSis(f): 8:27pm On Jun 23, 2007
I would suggest black Americans women consult with as many Black Americans women as possible who have had the experience to give the the "what to look for and how not be taken!"

I have know too many women who have been robbed, and royally screwed over. You better watch you back. Don't go into these situations blinding. These men got some serious game.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by ozoneflake(m): 9:05pm On Jun 23, 2007
Eudora tanx you off my back now.
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by redsun(m): 11:47am On Jun 24, 2007
It is all about you.
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by MP007(m): 11:48am On Jun 24, 2007
get a life , this aint no post
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by titiK: 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2007
I've always been told that I am a beautiful and intelligent girl by both nigerians and african american brothas but nigerians seem to be the more respectful guys. You sound a little like me except I'm muslim. Since I've been in the nigerian community I have recieved a lot of love by thier men. I guess thats why I seem to look past african americans now. I think that its true that our true African self shines enough to attract men from the motherland. I say be happy and embrace it. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by nyabinghi(m): 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2008
Big sis,

Your contribution to this discourse is very shocking. Whats the Big deal about American Women. They don't give respect to their beaus, feel larger than life. whats the Bleep about your so called green cards. Africa for Africans marcus Mosiah garvey said. I love my negritude, u are a disgrace to the black race.

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by fayahsoul: 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2008
Bigsis? More like small sis

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by NaijaWifey(f): 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2008
@NINETOFIVE

abeg, go to my hubby and tell him his prince no dey his baby, he will finish you with his bear hands. PERIOD!

My son came with the marriage, his mother, aunts brothers and sister will kill anyone who harms this child, you are a crazy man!

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by NYWM1(m): 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2009
ono (m)
N'Djamena
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman)
« #12 on: April 13, 2006, 10:07 AM »

"So, Chelly, myself and Kajad are saying thesame thing.

There's something ''African'' in you. And I think you should come home to Africa, where you'd get all that you need. Don't believe in all those false talk about Africa in the US. They are grossly misleading. You'd surely like it in here.

Besides, if Nigerians are the folks who kept coming around, it's because it has been generally acknowledged the world over that we are the ''happiest people on earth''. And they want you to take part in that enjoyment bliss in here. Now, isn't that some record to behold? and wouldn't you like spending the better part of your life with happy people? Just think about it. And also, just to let you in on Nigeria, there other better tribes in Nigeria. We have the Kanuris, the Ijaws, Isokos, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Ogoni's Oron, Ibibios, (of the Niger Delta stocks - rich and peace loving people of this world).

You'd get all you need in Africa. Just come ''home'', and you'd be glad you did."

Very interesting, Ono. Have you encountered other African American women looking to come 'home'?
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by Spader9(m): 6:53am On Sep 20, 2009
Cause' you're a beautiful akata.
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by blackspade(m): 5:55am On Sep 21, 2009
35 years old and no kids? Wtf are you waiting for? You need to have at least two children to replace the generation who came before them. I recommend 3.

By the time my wife is 35, hopefully we'll have at least 5. I want 5 kids in total. wink
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by Spader9(m): 5:56am On Sep 21, 2009
blackspade:

35 years old and no kids? Wtf are you waiting for? You need to have at least two children to replace the generation who came before them. I recommend 3.

By the time my wife is 35, hopefully we'll have at least 5. I want 5 kids in total. wink

I would like to have 6. Just one up another Spade.
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by mamagee3(f): 12:06am On Jun 16, 2011
Spader9:

Cause' you're a beautiful akata.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by Nayah(f): 11:08am On Jun 16, 2011
You should be happy plus, maybe because you're from African descendant have you ever think about that?
Re: Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) by NYWM1(m): 12:09am On Jun 17, 2011
Nayah:

You should be happy plus, maybe because you're from African descendant have you ever think about that?

She probably did think about that. The original poster, Chelley, hasn't been active for the past five years. It's too bad, I would have liked to find out how she is doing and if she ever gave a Nigerian or other African man a chance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Does Mirror Affect Infants / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Dangote And Paddy Adenuga Meet In Lagos / Ooni Of Ife Shuts Palace Over Coronavirus, Suspends Traditional Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.