Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. (3745 Views)

The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl / Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) / My Agony Of Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
moved
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
moved
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2012
moved
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
moved
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
moved
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by jhydebaba(m): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2012
Nice story...more updates
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 5:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
moved
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by jhydebaba(m): 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
Don't keep us waiting for too long.
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
hummm this is getting pretty though....please don't keep us in suspense!!!!
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by bashr8: 7:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
cmpunk: This is not my story neither is my write-up.I came across it from a friend and i felt like sharing.

MY AGONY AT 30
It has been said that the best thing in life are free but I sometimes wonder who said it. He or she probably never went through difficulty in getting the so called ‘best gifts’. As for me, the best things in life didn’t come cheap and were definitely not free. As I sit down and think, I just cannot help but smile.
New Years Eve was a hard one. I didn’t want that day to end. Once the clock struck 12 midnight, I would be closer to thirty years. What was there to love about being thirty? I hated my job, I was still living with my parents and I was being constantly reminded of the phrase ‘you are single’ and gradually being referred to as ‘old egg.’ So I wondered what the big deal about the New Year was anyway. Time sure waits for no one. I stopped my watch at 11:45pm and refused to let it strike 12midnight, who was I kidding? ‘Happy New Year’ echoed in my ears, with lots of fireworks. People were having a blast with their lives and I was here. ‘What if I end up being an angry old maid? I thought to myself, Suddenly, I felt like the ladies of “Sex and the City” and I wondered if I needed a “back-up plan” like Jennifer Lopez.
My mum and dad had gone to church for the New Years Eve celebration. I was still lost in the euphoria of my next step when I heard a knock, my parents were back. I cringed. ‘Mum, Dad welcome oh’
‘Yejide, thank you my dear’, mum responded. I didn’t like the sound of that. I knew my mother and she was about to spill out those words. I am frustrated as I am. Please don’t say anything. I muttered silently, but it was too late. ‘Yejide my dear, I prayed and prayed for you in church, I know this year is your year. It is my enemies that are at work, God will not let them succeed’. Mum, please stop, I thought. I allowed a frown to crease my forehead hoping that she would get the message but she did not. ‘Em, you know, Ifeoluwa, your younger sister was only 24 when she got married and we are already planning Tomi’s wedding, he is 28 o! Don’t worry, this year, we will do your own. Won’t you say amen?’

I just stood there speechless, my heart was heavy and my eyes, sore. I closed the living room obviously, I was looking for a way out and I was not thinking when I said ‘mum, dad guess what? I have been transferred to Abuja, effective from 24th of January. ’

But you can’t go to Abuja, How will I plan your wedding when you’re in Abuja and I am in Ibadan. Remember, this year is your year.’ How will my mother be planning my wedding without a man? My mum was close to tears but I knew I had to get out of this house, and I was not transferred. How do I get myself transferred? Oh My God, no one will transfer me to Abuja, what do I do?

Mysterious things, they say, really do happen. When I got to the Office the next day and I got a letter of transfer although not to Abuja as I had uttered in my foolishness but I did not care. A transfer is a transfer. Akwa-Ibom! I looked up and said a silent thank you .There’s definitely a God up there and he still cared about me. Why he did not intervene in my relationships, I do not know but for saving me from this transfer mess I got myself into, I was indeed grateful.

I went to my boss and gave him a warm hug then said ‘thank you so much, you don’t know how much this means to me.

‘What? I felt sad because I was giving you a transfer, I didn’t know you’d be thanking me’ he replied. ‘Not to worry sir, trust me. You just saved my life.’ I got home excited and gave my mum a hug and said, ‘Mum I’m not going to Abuja, I’m going to Akwa-Ibom but in 2 weeks.’
lol
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by janeyo(f): 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2012
interesting.
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by vivianc(f): 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
Pls continue o........don't stop now!
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by Sijo01(f): 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
Subscribing!
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by kemiola89(f): 10:09pm On Sep 08, 2012
Wow! Such an interesting piece!
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by Dyt(f): 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
shocked shocked shocked

Kola is . . . . .
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2012
moved
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
Eh ya!

Its a super story!

Pls adenuga don't kill us with suspense oh! My body is already peppering me.
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2012
moved
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by spykid014(f): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2012
Continue.... Don't stop now! Ahh, kola O_O
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by adabeke12(f): 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
dang...this story is interesting ohh
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 09, 2012
Hmmmmm....her fingers maybe painin her nd her ba3 phone is down....
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by Lyth: 12:19am On Sep 09, 2012
U got peepz here, xpecially d ladies, salivating huh?*lol* ...dude u r so dead if u dnt find a way 2 finish wat u started ....remember its a thin line btw love n hate.
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by sunnshyn(f): 12:19am On Sep 09, 2012
Wow!

Oya continue o! Abeg..interesting write-up!
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by arki(m): 12:22am On Sep 09, 2012
You'v got some writing prowess. Keep it up girl.
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 3:50am On Sep 09, 2012
arki: You'v got some writing prowess. Keep it up girl.
I've said it at d beginning dat d story is from a friend's archive. It's not mine o. Im not a 'she'. I'l try to round-up d story without delay. Thanks
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by segunjowo(m): 4:24am On Sep 09, 2012
Isn't it obvious ladies like romantic stories? See as dem just de troop in here. smh.
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by abdulkayus(m): 8:40am On Sep 09, 2012
Where is d rest of the story na. If u didnt conclude dis story, u be 4uk up guy.
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 10:53am On Sep 09, 2012
moved
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 11:07am On Sep 09, 2012
moved
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 11:25am On Sep 09, 2012
moved
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 11:36am On Sep 09, 2012
moved
Re: MY AGONY @ 30.....A Fiction Turn Reality. by cmpunk: 11:46am On Sep 09, 2012
moved

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Married Men Chase After Single Ladies? / I Unconciously Poisoned My Fiance With Impotency / See What This Small Girl Said About Guys On Facebook [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.