Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,861 members, 7,806,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court (21648 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit / Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Pataki: 10:49am On Sep 09, 2012
I am expecting a lot of hidden post in the next coming hour or two, when the Winner zealots are back from seeing their slapping millionaire pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by y2kaustin(m): 10:50am On Sep 09, 2012
all4naija: I am waiting to read comments from slaves to religion saying 'touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm'.
...Just d way u sold ur soul 2 d devil and became his slave.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by iykak47: 10:50am On Sep 09, 2012
abproffy:

When Ɣ☺ΰ open the link and read through, Ɣ☺ΰ can't but notice one thing which is the fact that i† was the same lawyer that sent pastor kings(self acclaimed Jesus of our time) to prison.
Could this be a conspiracy to send Nigerian powerful pastors to jail by this same lawyer
It's time we all take a closer look
You mean a murderer like rv King who sent a member of his church to early grave should not be in jail? Any person who doesn't want to face lawyers like Robert Igbinedion should not break the law.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Brisingr(m): 10:51am On Sep 09, 2012
2billion for one slap wtf? Na so d slap hot.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 09, 2012
I want to know if this thiefLawyer is doing this work pro bono Cos I dont think that girl can afford the legal fees....

Remember he was also ordered to pay Oyedepo's legal costs.

This guy is just desperate for that final payoff so he can retire...

I'm sure he wishes he was the one slapped and probably fantasizes about oyedepo woozing the living daylights out of him
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Prestonvic(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2012
Till tomoro, that message will be one of the most inspiring messages that i‘ve ever listened to, it is ‘power packed‘. Me think igbinedion is jst looking for a way to become richer because he‘s fighting for a girl whom he doesn‘t know n have neva met. THE CASE WILL BE STRICKED OUT AGAIN! Amen!!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Shaw007(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2012
hardywaltz: All dis lawyer sef with plenty plenty grammar, this guy is just looking for cheap publicity, he will definitely have this case thrown out again by the Appeal court duh I'm not a lawyer but I think common sense should be able to tell me dat his case is very very weak.
Thou I wish he succeeds and throws dat Oyedepo and his puff puff cheeks behind bars for what he did to dat poor girl.
see bad blood at work here,"throw him behind bars",we'r talking of a N2b fine here. . .no one's talking of jail. . .i'm sure u read d story but ur brain was obviously 2 slow 2 pick it up

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 09, 2012
You go fear Holy Ghost Slap! But if na me dem slap so walahi I shall retaliate! I don't fuccking care if you are a pastor or bishop! Me sef go slap back.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Shaw007(m): 11:07am On Sep 09, 2012
ifeness:

It could be a weak case in Nigeria,but would be a huge case and would favor the poor lady big time over here in England. What he did was wrong and i hope common sense wins the case.

Shame on all Christians and his members who support this pastor.They are truly a reflection of the small god they all worship
trash!! Infact i dont want 2 know about the topic anymore. . .did you just say christians worship a "small god" like,are you for real?? And i thought the world was past this!! Dude this d 21st century. . .wake up!! Wake up!!

And if i may. . .which god would u call d 'big' God?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by nifemi01(m): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2012
CrazyMan:
Actually ia Oyedepo not Adeboye...and I agree with you, Nigeria is truly a lawless society otherwise is see no reason why Oyedepo should still be allowed to conduct services...he ought to pay for his actions.
ehn go tell bishop Oyedepo not to conduct service anymore now.
It is my job to slap witches and wizards- Bishop Oyedepo
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by james1(m): 11:21am On Sep 09, 2012
It is getting nasty by the day.LOL
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by cold(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2012
You guys should be careful how talk about a man of Con o! My hand no dey o! Ehen. 'Touch not my anointed & do my prophets no harm'. You have been warned! angry

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by demmie1: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2012
abproffy:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/99454-exorcism-slap-defeated-lawyer-heads-to-appeal-court-against-bishop-oyedepo.html

I came across this now, plz what is our world turning into.
Did pastor make any mistake in trying to deliver the girl from witches.
is slapping part of delivering people from witches? you are dummy.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 09, 2012
y2kaustin: ...Just d way u sold ur soul 2 d devil and became his slave.
I was expecting that one! At least, from somebody who can't seem to reason out of the box. If I ask what is the origin and definition of religion you will keep blabbing.

I know you are among those who just seat down and be fed garbage.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by accused(m): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2012
The mill of God grinds slowly ,but grinds exceedling very fine. No matter how oyedapo and his gangs want to twist dis matter he must face the consequence of his action in this life or the afterlife.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Godsbrown(m): 11:36am On Sep 09, 2012
Pls how many people did Jesus slap while trying to deliver them? Im not judging anybody, but pastors are suppose to be a replica of Jesus in terms of character and conduct....Jesus never did that and He never ordered it.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 09, 2012
Godsbrown: Pls how many people did Jesus slap while trying to deliver them? Im not judging anybody, but pastors are suppose to be a replica of Jesus in terms of character and conduct....Jesus never did that and He never ordered it.

Agreed.

But Did Jesus order Igbenedion to be his Vigilante?

A batman-style lawyer busting all religious leaders that fall foul of the law?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Jackie26: 11:39am On Sep 09, 2012
This case will not make any headway until the lawyer produces the said girl and from what I see he has never met the young lady yet he wants N2billion compensation! This lawyer sef. SMH
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 09, 2012
I watched the video clip. And I pity the helpless young lady that was "slapped". The MOG, I appreciate him and I love his prosperity preaching, but he did wrong in slapping that poor girl for saying she is not a witch but a "witch for Jesus". The MOG needs to issue a public apology and let the dust settle on this. That slap wasnt in the heat of a prayer session, so one can not say he was trying to "cast out a daemon". Jesus didnt slap people to cast out daemons. I think Oyedepo is a paradigm of modern day christianism whatever that means. In my opinion, an apology will solve this. Jesus preached humility, but Oyedepo represents pride.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Godsbrown(m): 11:43am On Sep 09, 2012
jackbauersballs:

Agreed.

lets
lets leave the lawyer, probably he is not saved and does not have any iota of understandind as regards spiritual things, my question is where did pastor oyedepo get such methodology for deliverence...dont be suprised if his pastors starts slapping people in the name of deliverance
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 09, 2012
Viewing this topic: Oyedepo, Faith, TB Joshua, Adeboye, Oshimolowo, Stagger
"Let's hold our hands in faith, and pray for The downfall of nairaland.. This ppl wan spoil our business"

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by flexya: 11:45am On Sep 09, 2012
If Oyedepo did indeed "slap" the lady, then there is both a criminal charge of assault (slap is an assualt) and civil suit for compensation due 2 the public disgrace and the effect it would av had on the lady's reputation, self confidence and emotion. The suit is clearly just for the civil aspect. Two tigs are clear thus far. 1) The lawyer is either been spriritually caged or incompetent cos the suit itself fails 2 divulge the identity of the lady. Only in cases involvin minors (under 18s) or matters of national security would the identity of the claimant be hidden and only wit the order of the court. If the lawyers files the matter a million times, it would be struck out cos the claimant has no name. Or the lawyer think court would order Oyedepo 2 pay N2b 2 "a lady he slapped". Wat if more dan one was slapped? How do u distinguish who brought the suit? The lawyers wife could even lay claim 2 the slap (hence the billions) 2) It also appears 2 me that Oyedepo himself has gone spiritual, thereby makin the lawyer blind 2 this 100level law student error.

If the lady wants her dosh, she should re-file the suit competently. What's the big deal in puttin ur name? Afterall, the congregation in front of whom she was allegedly slapped already knows her identity, along wit millions watchin on internt tv. So if they meant 2 harm her as claimed, they would av done so now

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Omexonomy: 11:49am On Sep 09, 2012
The case was stuck out of the court becos the girl never showed up in court to testify.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 09, 2012
flexya: If Oyedepo did indeed "slap" the lady, then there is both a criminal charge of assault (slap is an assualt) and civil suit for compensation due 2 the public disgrace and the effect it would av had on the lady's reputation, self confidence and emotion. The suit is clearly just for the civil aspect. Two tigs are clear thus far. 1) The lawyer is either been spriritually caged or incompetent cos the suit itself fails 2 divulge the identity of the lady. Only in cases involvin minors (under 18s) or matters of national security would the identity of the claimant be hidden and only wit the order of the court. If the lawyers files the matter a million times, it would be struck out cos the claimant has no name. Or the lawyer think court would order Oyedepo 2 pay N2b 2 "a lady he slapped". Wat if more dan one was slapped? How do u distinguish who brought the suit? The lawyers wife could even lay claim 2 the slap (hence the billions) 2) It also appears 2 me that Oyedepo himself has gone spiritual, thereby makin the lawyer blind 2 this 100level law student error.

If the lady wants her dosh, she should re-file the suit competently. What's the big deal in puttin ur name? Afterall, the congregation in front of whom she was allegedly slapped already knows her identity, along wit millions watchin on internt tv. So if they meant 2 harm her as claimed, they would av done so now
Says a lot about your ignorance of the situation. Do you know what kind of danger that lady would be put into if she divulges her identity?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 09, 2012
jackbauersballs:

Agreed.

So, you wanted the crime to just go away without questioning the Christian leader ripper?! Please, let's listen to what the court has to say.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
musKeeto:
Says a lot about your ignorance of the situation. Do you know what kind of danger that lady would be put into if she divulges her identity?
That is not even the issue. The victim is a minor. Just a little girl of between 12 to 15yrs.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
Pastoral assaults are becoming one too many in naija churches. If these men of god aint beating, slapping, burning, raping their members (victims) they also dupe in d guise of offeriings and tithes.

I hope it won't get to a stage where some of these fraudulent pastors will start suggesting exorcism by accidents to their gullible victims. I mean suggesting getting hit by moving vehicles in order to be released from "demons" within. grin grin ZOMBIE & FOLLOW FOLLOW MENTALITY!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by a1solution: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
Lets wait for the outcome of the case and see who wins but for me I would advise Oyedepo to plead with the girl and her lawyer to settle out of court and pay them all their expenses , because in my opinion this case may lead them to supreme court and the girls lawyer would win there.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by igbsam(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2012
I personally know this lawyer called Igbinedion. For security reasons, i dont wish to disclose his house addy. But he stays around New Oko Oba area of Lagos state. I've met with him one on one and asked him some questions which in a funny way he couldn't answer. He neither knew the girl or the family, where she stays, when the incident happend and at which of the service it took place. He has no clue about the whole thing. He heard the story over the internet about Oyedepo slapping a girl and he discovered its an avenue for him to make money and gain popularity. Besides, I got to know from him that, he receives 10k from everytime he goes to court and the accused didn't show up. He uses this as his daily feeding allowance. He's not even qualified as a charge and bail lawyer. This guy is just looking for cheap popularity. Am not gonna say more. After the whole wahala at the end of the day, he ends up in a joint close to his house and blab about what went about in court.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by igbsam(m): 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
The parents of the girl are not even aware of all these. The lawyer just want to make money for himself. I asked him, what if he was compensated by oyedepo and asked to produce the girl and the family. He said, as their lawyer they don't need them to receive the compensation, the he can receive it on their behalf and then he would take the next flight to ghana to enjoy his jackpot. Oyedepo sef no even know wetin dey go on! Maybe one of this days, when i sit with him gisting about this issue, i would have to record his codedly for y'all to listen.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by passionate88: 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2012
musKeeto:
Now u want to say Oyedepo dey like boko people?..
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2012
passionate88: Now u want to say Oyedepo dey like boko people?..
Of course, boko without the politics. Just pure godly righteous anger..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! / Pastor Tim Omotoso Speaks On Visiting Paradise And Raising a Dead Woman (video) / Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.