Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court (21637 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit / Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by matrixme(m): 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
I guess it's not all of us that have come to church for ministration afterall. Similar cases occur the U.S where people sue Churches for ''Holy Spirit injuries". We should understand that it is a fallen world... On a more sober note, I think there are many more serious issues that affect the citizens of our country negatively which worths his legal crusade: like corruption of government officials everywhere, unemployment, the neglect of the poor and elderly, insecurity and many other vices. I don't think the lawyer is exactly bettering the cause of humanity by his actions. Most probably, he has an ulterior motive...
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
igbsam: The parents of the girl are not even aware of all these. The lawyer just want to make money for himself. I asked him, what if he was compensated by oyedepo and asked to produce the girl and the family. He said, as their lawyer they don't need them to receive the compensation, the he can receive it on their behalf and then he would take the next flight to ghana to enjoy his jackpot. Oyedepo sef no even know wetin dey go on! Maybe one of this days, when i sit with him gisting about this issue, i would have to record his codedly for y'all to listen.
Is somebody like you that is letting that country down. It is duty of the law to take this as their right to justice. If rich people in the society think they can prey on innocent and think they can be scott-free it is the duty of any lawyer to take it up and pursue it. It doesn't necessarily mean he will win but will be a wake-up call to other incidence of oppression taking place in secrecy. And these silly leaders to know that they are not always going to go free of their evils.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by passionate88: 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
musKeeto:
Of course, boko without the politics. Just pure godly righteous anger..
BOKO IS NOT POLITICAL bt religious... Dnt say that it's political jst because u r a muslim
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Ninilowo(m): 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2012
Jenwitemi: With a dirty slap in the glare of the public? You don't see anything wrong with that? In any civilized country, pastor Adeboye would be facing a huge pay out to the girl right now.
Not Pastor ADEBOYE but Bishop OYEDEPO.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Prestonvic(m): 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2012
Billyonaire: That is not even the issue. The victim is a minor. Just a little girl of between 12 to 15yrs.

Who told you
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by MMJ(m): 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: IF THIS DONT MAKE FRONT PAGE I WILL JUMP OUT OF A 20 STOREY BUILDING

The moderators just saved your ass, next time u might not be so lucky. Take less of ogogoro pls grin

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Jackie26: 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
My response to the lawyer and his cohorts is Psalm 2:1-4.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by NobleAngell(f): 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2012
@OP,Dats unbelievable! How comes i neva heard abt it? Mayb he was in d spirit. I m gonna kip away from sittin on d front rows in church so dat i wont b talkin abt ma own sumday. grin
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Pontaboki: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
Naija Judicial System?,it will reach the Supreme Court
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
passionate88: BOKO IS NOT POLITICAL bt religious... Dnt say that it's political jst because u r a muslim
what a passionate iddiot you are.. who told you I'm muslim? See how myopic your thinking is.. so if I criticise a pastor, dat means I'm muslim?

Smh..

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by patrickmuf(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
Was JESUS a billionaire? Fees in convenant university is so expensive, buys private jet for fun...Some pastors in 9ja are terrible...If the court fails to deliver the right judgement, i'd be very angry
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by DANILSA(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
abproffy: Although am not in support of him slapping the girl.
Why is i† that the white garment churches in nigeria that flog people in name of deliverance, have not been taken to court by any of their victims.
When almost all if not all end up on a hospital bed after the said deliverance.
My friend the difference is that they accepted it, while the latter was against her will. I watched a Documentary in BBC where children with down syndrome were been shocked with life machines,(the Firm) they could not be sued cus their parents sighed the papers. So its all about free will.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by passionate88: 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
musKeeto:
what a passionate iddiot you are.. who told you I'm muslim? See how myopic your thinking is.. so if I criticise a pastor, dat means I'm muslim?

Smh..
what a USELESS mosquito u are.. Boko isn't political... It's a religious movement....
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Cupidkc(m): 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: IF THIS DONT MAKE FRONT PAGE I WILL JUMP OUT OF A 20 STOREY BUILDING
Hahaha...now jump!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by SoloKoree(m): 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2012
I think the Lawyer is an hungry man who wanted to reap where he didn't sow (Can't be if he pays tithe under the same ministry). Though I don't support Baba Oyedepo slapping the girl
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Bella3(f): 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2012
i actualy fasted(5 mins) and prayed it wouldnt! Nw u wont be jumping from a 20 story buildin;-(

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by johnshagb(m): 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
y2kaustin: ...Just d way u sold ur soul 2 d devil and became his slave.

He said slave to religion not God, gaddemit!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by ogochukwunasa1: 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2012

lol

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by ogochukwunasa1: 1:17pm On Sep 09, 2012
One day I slappd a girl publicly because she behaved wickedly and pple around dat saw me do it, called me an iidiot. - therefore Oyedepo is an IIDIOT

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by tonero92: 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2012
the days are evil o compatriotrs..........u either stand and fight or groan and walk.........
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by ogochukwunasa1: 1:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
One day I slappd a girl publicly because she behaved wickedly and pple around dat saw me do it, called me an eediot. - therefore Oyedepo is an EEDIOT
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by tonero92: 1:20pm On Sep 09, 2012
tonero92: the days are evil o compatriotrs..........u either stand and fight or groan and walk.........
the church should never be a tool of deceit
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by egoldman(m): 1:20pm On Sep 09, 2012
This Judge Mr Ojo is on a very high quality cocaine , his reasons for striking out the suit is pure bullshit .
Did Pastor Oyedpo at any time ever deny slapping the girl ? if no then what has the date and weather the defendant lawyer was in the church that day got to do with anything ?
Again the cocaine smoking judge said the lady must be in the court for the compensation to make sense to him , well maybe he wants to give it to her by cash right there in the court room , does he not understand that the girl could have bank account or have one opened for her , or that her parents could receive the compensation in there accounts too ? what has this country turned into ? well I wont be surprised if oyedepo's millions are at work here .
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by abproffy: 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
God made Man and Man made Religion.
Why do we take religion too seriously.
I† is time we relax and let God fight his battle himself.
We worship him so that in turn he wȊ̊ℓℓ protect us and make us prosper,why do some pick up Arms for their God against those that does not believe in their God, if Ɣ☺ΰr to fight His fight then Н̅oώ are Ɣ☺ΰ sure that he is capable of protecting Ɣ☺ΰ.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by garbigarba: 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
musKeeto:
yeah, the poor lady was hit by a deluded black male..
Nice Nice Nice ..... Awesome
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by phillip001(m): 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
dogmatic religion will will kill us oneday
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by kacheezy: 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
Bishop should raise the tithe in his church from 10% to 25% so he can afford to pay the damages.....but why didn't the girl turn the other cheek? Has she not been reading the bible?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by stagger: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
No point commenting.

We all know where this will end; the case will be thrown out so fast that Igbinedion's head will swim. He should save himself and his relation who pillaged Edo State.

Greedy lawyer that wants to make N2bn. Ga barawo!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by kacheezy: 1:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
stagger: No point commenting.

We all know where this will end; the case will be thrown out so fast that Igbinedion's head will swim. He should save himself and his relation who pillaged Edo State.

Greedy lawyer that wants to make N2bn. Ga barawo!
Your bishop should call on his god to save him form the public embarrassment of a law suit...until then...ZIP IT.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by eagle2050: 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2012
MAY CURSE be on those dat insults christians foolishness shall u reap all ur life if u refuse 2 change 4rm ur abusive words on christians and onyedepo he is equally a man lik us perfection is of christ alone, dat girl is hopin 4a payday,if she is truly a christian she must av heard of forgiveness,viewers & commentators don't talk yurslf in2 a curse our God cannot be mocked GOOD-DAY!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by ogahope(m): 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: pay for what ? slappin a winch ? it is not written in the nigerian constitution that you should not slap a winch. grin
D truth is always bitter. Being a pastor or a rich man dos nt gv u d rit to abuse d poor nd helpless. Can dis same tin b done to d daughter of a general, governor and president? Only God wil judge dis generation. Cos He is d helper of d helpless.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by rasputinn(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2012
jenwitemi: With a dirty slap in the glare of the public? You don't see anything wrong with that? In any civilized country, pastor Adeboye would be facing a huge pay out to the girl right now.

Mr man,go and get your facts straight;Pastor ADEBOYE would NEVER slap anyone.He's the most humble human being I've ever met the world over

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! / Mass Wedding: Catholic Priest Sponsors 136 Couples In Nasarawa State / Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.