Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court (21650 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit / Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2012
Yucee55: Am so sure this case will not see the light of the day.
The girl agreed that there is a devil and there is hell.
Ofcourse, these what the Holy Bible teaches.
The same Holy Bible says that punishment for a witch, is death by stoning (All of u should read Exodus 22:18 and Leviticus 20:27).
She even came out on her own. If you come out for deliverance, u cannot tell the deliverer how to deliver you.
There is nothing like witch-for-Jesus.
The witch girls was very lucky that she was not killed as the Holy Bible said.
If Bishop killed her, nothing would have happened.
The Bible said that we should not suffer (permit) a witch to live.

The Holy Bible is the judgement Book the Appeal Court will use and rely on.

i thought the christians claimed jesus has abolished the law undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Yucee55(m): 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2012
ifeness:

i thought the christians claimed jesus has abolished the law undecided undecided undecided undecided
Jesus did not abolish any law. He came to fulfill the Law. Read Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil..."
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by kacheezy: 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2012
Chiefpriest: All of you gay fools washing plates oversea and claiming to be civilized are just publicly desplaying ur stupidity.how come d gay edo lawyer have never made any attempt to help d poor that die frm d hand of that magot imfested boko haram religion.thousands will happily and openly receive slap frm oyedepo and take d video to court themselve .its a church the only constitution is d bible and papa is d Prophet.let dat go and defend sharia practice in d north ladies are flog openly daily for adultary by sharia papa not to mention a witch.nonsense[color=#006600][/color][/i][i][b][/b][i][/i]
What on earth are you talking about?have u lost ur mind?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by mu2sa2: 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
Bishop Oyedepo made a BIG blunder by slapping the poor lady. But he's human and not above mistake: all he should hav done was to humbly admit his error and apologize. He didn't, and is going about it with an air of arrogance. Somebody who calls himself a man of God shouldn't behave like this. D rate at which poor girls ar being labelled as witches by christian priests is astonishing - and it's always poor girls.Is it that in christianity only d poor can b so-called witches. Why is it that d children of big people ar never declared witches by Oyedepo and men of his ilk. Let Oyedepo declare the daughter of a governor, minister, lawyer and people of note like that as a witch and slap her to stupor if he is worth his salt. Sb posted that d girl admitted to being a witch, so she should hav been stoned to death according to the Bible. If d bible sanctions putting witches to death by stoning, Oyedepo should immediately come forward for biblical execution (or slap) for confessing to b "baba witch" - afterall he slapped d poor girl only because she said she is a "winch for Jesus".
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by sayitout1: 6:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
Jenwitemi: Are you for real? Just because the girl went to the pastor's church does not give him the right to physically assault her, especially so publicly. Moreover, what is Nigeria as a country? A country of barbarians?

Because na Pastor dats why pple still dey talk dis mata?

Do you know how many people police, army, navy, air force, agboro, omo-onile etc dey slap on a daily basis in public; sometime even family men 4 their children front?

As for the victim and her family, the lawyer(s) just dey use them as him ATM machine.

...be careful when fighting against a man called by GOD on assignment cos whether he is right or wrong as you think, you challenge the ONE who sent him. "think about it"
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by sayitout1: 6:24pm On Sep 09, 2012
kacheezy:
What on earth are you talking about?have u lost ur mind?

No he hasn't lost his mind.

Are there no lawyers in the north to take the cutting off of hands and legs (sharia) to court?

Who defended you when that Mopol man slapped you on your street?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by DeepSight(m): 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2012
sayit_out1:

Because na Pastor dats why pple still dey talk dis mata?

Do you know how many people police, army, navy, air force, agboro, omo-onile etc dey slap on a daily basis in public; sometime even family men 4 their children front?

As for the victim and her family, the lawyer(s) just dey use them as him ATM machine.

...be careful when fighting against a man called by GOD on assignment cos whether he is right or wrong as you think, you challenge the ONE who sent him. "think about it"

Obviously you were born to fill the deficit of st.upidity existing in the world at the time of your birth.

That deficit is now no longer existing: in fact there is a surplus of st.upidity now in the world:

As such your existence is no longer required.

I will recommend that you commit a quiet suicide by hanging in your bedroom as a generous and altruistic gift to humanity,

Much appreciated.

I remain,

Your comrade in the defense of human intellect,

Deep Sight

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Shaw007(m): 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2012
ifeness:

What do you know about me? Nothing!!! You mad because i called your god a small god. You might as well pick up a gun and shoot whoever have a different opinion from you. We all are no fools like you black people who worship the fish god. When last did he say hi to you? I am sure you have made your weekly and monthly donation to his agents called pastors. You all are being coned.

Next time let him defend himself,i have no business exchanging words with his victims!
#phew. . .this boi has been reading 2 many books lately,ur right. . .i'l just drop it. . .i guess ur as ignorant of the truth as you sound. . .Good lOrd,so we still have ppl that live in the past like this?? Interesting!!

If u didnt believe in God i'd understand,being an aethist is quite normal. . .but this! This!! This right here is plain madness!!!
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by foluberry(f): 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2012
I don't think any believer should comment on dis thread. Let's leave d likes of muskeeto or wo'eva to a field day. D battle is absolutely d LORDS and oyedepo wil NEVER be a victim. All y'll can do z blab behind ur handles and probably gain cheap publicity sumday thru d same means of 'hungry' lawyer igbinedion.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by vislabraye(m): 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

Obviously you were born to fill the deficit of st.upidity existing in the world at the time of your birth.

That deficit is now no longer existing: in fact there is a surplus of st.upidity now in the world:

As such your existence is no longer required.

I will recommend that you commit a quiet suicide by hanging in your bedroom as a generous and altruistic gift to humanity,

Much appreciated.

I remain,

Your comrade in the defense of human intellect,

Deep Sight

Must it turn to insult?

Ofcourse I don't agree with the slapping issue seeing that she's underaged. However, the prosecutor didn't do his homework well.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by DeepSight(m): 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
vislabraye:

Must it turn to insult?

Ofcourse I don't agree with the slapping issue seeing that she's underaged. However, the prosecutor didn't do his homework well.

Where is the insult? Simple recommendations of mine to make the world a better place: which you cannot disagree with, will'ya?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by DeepSight(m): 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2012
foluberry: I don't think any believer should comment on dis thread. Let's leave d likes of muskeeto or wo'eva to a field day. D battle is absolutely d LORDS and oyedepo wil NEVER be a victim. All y'll can do z blab behind ur handles and probably gain cheap publicity sumday thru d same means of 'hungry' lawyer igbinedion.

Foul-berry, or is it fool-berry; it is my earnest prayer that you will continue under the leadership of the said Oyedepo until and unless you develop the capacity to think for yourself. Carry on. . . . . .it will do you well. Olodo.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by ignis: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2012
valdprof: we lawyers have a different mental....rule of law
Lawyers my foot.... To hell with your so called mental rule of law.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by ignis: 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2012
valdprof: hw many pple have pope slapped
It's best you google it for yourself.
Stop asking me stupid question.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
Yucee55:
Jesus did not abolish any law. He came to fulfill the Law. Read Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil..."

Because Matthew 5:17 says that doesn't make it true,does it? Anyone can say and write anything,it doesn't mean it is true. Moreover i am a native of West Africa,not a Jew. My people also claimed Oduduwa came from the sky, that doesn't make it true.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
Shaw007: #phew. . .this boi has been reading 2 many books lately,ur right. . .i'l just drop it. . .i guess ur as ignorant of the truth as you sound. . .Good lOrd,so we still have ppl that live in the past like this?? Interesting!!

If u didnt believe in God i'd understand,being an aethist is quite normal. . .but this! This!! This right here is plain madness!!!

You are serving the Roman Catholic God,aint you? Remember the "confessions" to the priest. Is that not what you do every sunday? Oh this time around you make it to an invincible small god. You are what i call the shadow of a real human.A FAKE!!!! That is what you are!

Let your small god reply me if he can. I am tired of talking to his servants
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Chiefpriest(m): 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
God of oyedepo bless you and replicate in your life d same measure of blesing in papas life in you IJN
Yucee55: Am so sure this case will not see the light of the day.
The girl agreed that there is a devil and there is hell.
Ofcourse, these what the Holy Bible teaches.
The same Holy Bible says that punishment for a witch, is death by stoning (All of u should read Exodus 22:18 and Leviticus 20:27).
She even came out on her own. If you come out for deliverance, u cannot tell the deliverer how to deliver you.
There is nothing like witch-for-Jesus.
The witch girls was very lucky that she was not killed as the Holy Bible said.
If Bishop killed her, nothing would have happened.
The Bible said that we should not suffer (permit) a witch to live.

The Holy Bible is the judgement Book the Appeal Court will use and rely on.
cry[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 09, 2012
foluberry: I don't think any believer should comment on dis thread. Let's leave d likes of muskeeto or wo'eva to a field day. D battle is absolutely d LORDS and oyedepo wil NEVER be a victim. All y'll can do z blab behind ur handles and probably gain cheap publicity sumday thru d same means of 'hungry' lawyer igbinedion.

Always the battle is of the lord and yet it/she/he does nothing! You Christians are a pawn on the roman catholic chess board.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by thehomer: 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
hardywaltz: All dis lawyer sef with plenty plenty grammar, this guy is just looking for cheap publicity, he will definitely have this case thrown out again by the Appeal court duh I'm not a lawyer but I think common sense should be able to tell me dat his case is very very weak.
Thou I wish he succeeds and throws dat Oyedepo and his puff puff cheeks behind bars for what he did to dat poor girl.

You are not a lawyer so on what basis have you decided that the case is weak when there is a video recording of the incident and the statute of limitations hasn't expired.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by thehomer: 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2012

Do you know how long your Lord has been losing battles?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
If only some of you guys knew how bitter you are sounding.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by egoldman(m): 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
Oyedepo being a man of God should know that he is causing the body of Christ a great harm by not apologizing to this lady.It is his pride and ego that is the problem here .There is no biblical justification for slapping anyone in the church, witch or no witch, deliverance or no deliverance .
Jimmy Swaggart is a big and respected minister in america, he sinned and apologized with weeping on national television,Oyedepo is suffering the same problem like our shameless politicians .

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by thehomer: 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
Suchie: I dnt see anything wrong with dat...she is a witch n must b slapped...Do yu pple really think Wat the stupid gurl has done.killin pple n bewitching them..oh pls if yu dnt hav any reasonable thing to write get the Bleep outta here or yu go hug transformer.

How do you know she is a witch? In fact, I think you're a witch and you're just trying to deflect attention from yourself so you too must be slapped. You were probably the one killing people and bewitching them.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by busayobrig: 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
This reminds me of the false allegations placed on Jesus Christ before his death and resurrection. I only pity the lawyer standing for the creature you all can a girl. We will see the powerful of God from that drama soon.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by PosCaricature: 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: pay for what ? slappin a winch ? it is not written in the nigerian constitution that you should not slap a winch. grin
. Did you go to school at all?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by DeepSight(m): 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2012
busayobrig: This reminds me of the false allegations placed on Jesus Christ before his death and resurrection. I only pity the lawyer standing for the creature you all can a girl. We will see the powerful of God from that drama soon.

May God in his infinite mercy and wisdom rain down ceasless curses upon you and render you permanently subject to the likes of Oyedepo, whilst bringing you to a recognition of the pathetic "creature" that you truly are.

Dirty, brainless pathetic pig.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2012
busayobrig: This reminds me of the false allegations placed on Jesus Christ before his death and resurrection. I only pity the lawyer standing for the creature you all can a girl. We will see the powerful of God from that drama soon.

And you think you are better than her?
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by flexya: 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
Edited
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by flexya: 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2012
Billyonaire: That is not even the issue. The victim is a minor. Just a little girl of between 12 to 15yrs.

If that is the case, the lawyer has a point
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by jos2: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2012
ifeness:

It could be a weak case in Nigeria,but would be a huge case and would favor the poor lady big time over here in England. What he did was wrong and i hope common sense wins the case.

Shame on all Christians and his members who support this pastor.They are truly a reflection of the small god they all worship
@ifeness, i am a proud Christian and i don't support what the pastor did, the Bible did warn us that not all that are called with His name will enter the kingdom of God. But for your comment of Christians, i pray that God 4give your 4 u don't know wat u said,& 4 Him 2 open ur eyes 2understand wat u said & repent. The God u insult is able, willing & ready 2 forgive u if u come 2Him.
Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by seyibrown(f): 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2012
I am ashamed that Bishop Oyedepo has not apologized publicly (or even privately) for what he did publicly and that any defence of his actions is even being put up. If this is what he does in public, what does he do in private? If the poor girl had physical bodyguards would he have slapped her? I don't think so. I put myself in the shoes of that helpless girl; It was her against thousands and thousands of people in that auditorium, and she'll carry that emotional and psychological wounds of that assault until someone helps her find proper healing! What is stopping Bishop Oyedepo from issuing an apology ?? Pride, arrogance .... definitely not fruits of the spirit! He has possibly alienated that girl and thousands of others from christ by assaulting her and continuing to refuse to apologise. That ain't Christ-like! If justice took its proper course in this matter, the Bishop will be liable to pay compensation to the girl! We should not tolerate ANYBODY abusing women and children in the name of them being witches/wizards!

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 09, 2012
jos2: @ifeness, i am a proud Christian and i don't support what the pastor did, the Bible did warn us that not all that are called with His name will enter the kingdom of God. But for your comment of Christians, i pray that God 4give your 4 u don't know wat u said,& 4 Him 2 open ur eyes 2understand wat u said & repent. The God u insult is able, willing & ready 2 forgive u if u come 2Him.

You have to realize that the bible means nothing to me. I have no problem with you believing in your religion,but when we are discussing about a topic that requires common sense,please and PLEASE do not quote from the bible because it does no holds any value.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! / Pastor Tim Omotoso Speaks On Visiting Paradise And Raising a Dead Woman (video) / Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.