Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 (948 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. are there 2000 year old men walking around that we dont know off shocked
Re: Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 by Bella3(f): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
When i saw some clowns quoting that verse as a contradiction, i was amazed!
Re: Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2012
Bélla3: When i saw some clowns quoting that verse as a contradiction, i was amazed!
How do you mean quoting as a contradiction ? explain please
Re: Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 by Bella3(f): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: How do you mean quoting as a contradiction ? explain please
according to shieks on Nl it is a contradiction. Am just as shocked as you are!
Re: Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
Bélla3: according to shieks on Nl it is a contradiction. Am just as shocked as you are!
Gotcha. So do you understand that verse hun ?
Re: Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 by Bella3(f): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: Gotcha. So do you understand that verse hun ?
death doesnt means physical dying to christains(nt bible). So it might be talking of the spiritual death.
Or the violent death wish only john amongst the twelve escaped.
Re: Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
Bélla3: death doesnt means physical dying to christains(nt bible). So it might be talking of the spiritual death.
Or the violent death wish only john amongst the twelve escaped.
i like the way you think. i see where you are going with this
Re: Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 by pictures: 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
John who wrote the book of Revelation was the only
disciple that died a natural death.They did everything to kill him,even putting
him in boiling pot of oil but he didn't die . Believing that he was a god ,he was taken
to the Isle of Patmos and left there to die. It was there He really saw
heaven and was able to write the book of Revelation
describing in great detail the Risen Christ in His glory and what will take place
in the future.
Re: Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 by Bella3(f): 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2012
obadiah777: i like the way you think. i see where you are going with this
permit my errors in that post. How do you explain the passage?
Re: Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
Bélla3: permit my errors in that post. How do you explain the passage?
well its like this, when you said spiritual death you were right. however to go further into it, he was speaking to his disciples and some other people. his disciples will be part of the 144,000 first fruits, first ressurected from the world. once they became the first fruits their spirits will never die again. their spirits will be alive forever. their spirits now reside with God in heaven ( sounds weird but there are people walking amongst us on earth whose spirits reside in heaven ). these will never experience spiritual death as such when christ returns they will still be spiritually alive. thats what it means when it says there are some standing here that will not taste death till the son of man returns. these are the first fruits of which the disciples whom he was speaking to would have been amongst.

matthew 27 vs 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Re: Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
Bélla3: permit my errors in that post. How do you explain the passage?
well its like this, when you said spiritual death you were right. however to go further into it, he was speaking to his disciples and some other people. his disciples will be part of the 144,000 first fruits, first ressurected from the world. once they became the first fruits their spirits will never die again. their spirits will be alive forever. their spirits now reside with God in heaven ( sounds weird but there are people walking amongst us on earth whose spirits reside in heaven ). these will never experience spiritual death as such when christ returns they will still be spiritually alive. thats what it means when it says there are some standing here that will not taste death till the son of man returns. these are the first fruits of which the disciples whom he was speaking to would have been amongst. so while their body dies, when they get born into the world again ( reincarnation is real ) their spirits will be born alive. no more spiritual death for these first fruits in all the times they will be reincarnated into the world in different bodies.

matthew 27 vs 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Re: Biblical Sages, Feast On This Verse And Tell Us What It Means Matthew 16 Vs 28 by tiberius84(m): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
Let's put this verse in context:
Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."
Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.
And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.
Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah."
While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!"
And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid.
But Jesus came and touched them and said, "Arise, and do not be afraid."
When they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.

I hope it answers the question.

(1) (Reply)

How To Destroy Your Destiny Faster.. / Becareful How You Receive Money (zac Poonen) / The Improbability Of A God Of Creation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.