Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,877 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

10 Differences Between You And Your Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss (12958 Views)

You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? / 6 Secrets Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Valiantvaliant(m): 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
1. When you take a long time, you're slow. When your boss takes a long time he is thorough.
2. When you dont do it, you're lazy. When your boss doesn't do it, he's too busy.
3. When you make a mistake, you're an id.i.ot. When your boss makes a mistake, he is only human.
4. When doing something without being told, you're overstepping your authority. When your boss does it, that's initiative.
5. When you take a stand you're being bull-headed, when your boss does it, that's initiative.
6. When you overlook a rule of etiquette, you're being rude. When your boss skips a few rules he's being original.
7. When you please your boss, you're apple polishing. When your boss pleases his boss, he's being co-operative.
8. When you're out of the office, you're wandering around. When your boss is out of the office he's on business.
9. When you're on a day off sick, you're always sick. When your boss is a day off sick, he must be very ill.
10. When you apply for leave, you must be going for an interview. When your boss applies for leave, its because he's overworked.

http://www.anvari.org/fun/Job/Differences_Between_You_and_Your_Boss.html

28 Likes

Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by swtchicgurl: 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2012
Nice! agree with 1,2,3,4,5 and 10 grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Xymc1(m): 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
Quite true
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Valiantvaliant(m): 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
Ok. I Guess there are not many workers in this section
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Acidosis(m): 10:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
When you "fight "a customer, you are stu.pid and rude.
When boss "fights" his/her customer, "oga no mind them, na so all these our customers dey do.."

6 Likes

Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by charlsecy4(m): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2012
The boss is really a god!!!
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
Never had a boss, and never will have. cool

2 Likes

Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Obinoscopy(m): 10:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
Career section!
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2012
When she tries to be b'i'tchy and just cool
When I try to please her she becomes snubbish
When I become a good girl she starts suspecting me
Damn! That woman is something else! undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
It`s cool to be the Boss ehn! wink
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by olivia19(f): 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
Valiantvaliant: 1. When you take a long time, you're slow. When your boss takes a long time he is thorough.
2. When you dont do it, you're lazy. When your boss doesn't do it, he's too busy.
3. When you make a mistake, you're an id.i.ot. When your boss makes a mistake, he is only human.
4. When doing something without being told, you're overstepping your authority. When your boss does it, that's initiative.
5. When you take a stand you're being bull-headed, when your boss does it, that's initiative.
6. When you overlook a rule of etiquette, you're being rude. When your boss skips a few rules he's being original.
7. When you please your boss, you're apple polishing. When your boss pleases his boss, he's being co-operative.
8. When you're out of the office, you're wandering around. When your boss is out of the office he's on business.
9. When you're on a day off sick, you're always sick. When your boss is a day off sick, he must be very ill.
10. When you apply for leave, you must be going for an interview. When your boss applies for leave, its because he's overworked.
u are right.

1 Like

Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by kemiola89(f): 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2012
So true! Attitude of some boss can be somewhat annoying.
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2012
This post has been hidden. grin
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by vislabraye(m): 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
Very very true. Especially 1 and 4.
I have been in a situation when I had to mark scripts (maths,physics,fmaths,comp. Sci) for nine different classes. I was asked to solve the question and prepare the marking guide. In addition to that I was supposed to teach.
I was also compiling registar and students results.
When I couldn't make it on time they said I was slow and unseriouscheesy.
Its good to be the boss anyway.

1 Like

Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by alphaconde(m): 11:03pm On Sep 09, 2012
Your bosses must be really fo.olish if this what they do
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by vislabraye(m): 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
berem: When she tries to be b'i'tchy and just cool

The female boss can be ruthless at times. Not just to their fellow females but male workers inclusive. Some go to the extreme of even heaping insults on others.
Some male bosses can also be problematic. They want to bully their fellow male or harass the female workers.
All in all every job has its challenge.
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Valiantvaliant(m): 11:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
hornipipe: Stop the copy and paste
www.anvari.org/fun/Job/Differences_Between_You_and_Your_Boss.html
it was not posted on nairaland (complete). You knew it and didn't share. Someone does it and you have the impetus to rant about, what insolence!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
Chuckles!
It's nice to be a boss.
When I have my own company, this is going to be that great difference between me & my staff. I ll pay the salaries, not them. FMJ!
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
Valiantvaliant: Ok. I Guess there are not many workers in this section

No, more like too many dunderheaded employees on nairaland, most bosses aren't nerds who fritter away time here.
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by executiveson(m): 11:14pm On Sep 09, 2012
@O.P
quite true but...
THREAD CLOSED!
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by tellwisdom: 11:14pm On Sep 09, 2012
berem: When she tries to be b'i'tchy and just cool

You don begin smoke aby??..Na hw ur madam dey treat u dem sey make u come tell us fr here??
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2012
berem: When she tries to be b'i' undecidedtchy and just cool
huh?undecideddis doesn't go with d thread
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 09, 2012
tellwisdom:

You don begin smoke any??..Na hw ur madam dey treat u dem sey make u come tell us fr here??
@tellwisdom..thank u oo,help me ask her
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by yohannazack(m): 11:18pm On Sep 09, 2012
A pretty piece there.
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 09, 2012
Valiantvaliant: it was not posted on nairaland (complete). You knew it and didn't share. Someone does it and you have the impetus to rant about, what insolence!

Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by folahann(m): 11:26pm On Sep 09, 2012
reality
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
Be your own Boss

Be your own Boss

Be your own Boss
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
Thats true, but some times I try not to be a god to my employees, but it seems most of them deserve to be pushed hard.

But all in all Bosses are only human.
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Temismith(f): 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
Ok cool
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Temismith(f): 11:57pm On Sep 09, 2012
How will dis provide a job for d jobless youths out dere?
Re: 10 Differences Between You And Your Boss by Lyth: 12:00am On Sep 10, 2012
Valiantvaliant: it was not posted on nairaland (complete). You knew it and didn't share. Someone does it and you have the impetus to rant about, what insolence!

Easy dude, d OP here's guilty of plagiarism ...d point is wen u copy n paste, put d source_dnt make it seem lyk its ur brains behind wat u pasted. Kudos shld go 2 u 4 sharing it but let d original author get d glory.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? / Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service? / Why Men Love Working Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.