Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya (4244 Views)

Flood Warning! Portions Of East/west Road May Be Submerged By Early November / Shocking Photo:suicidal Man Jumps Into Lions Den After Fight With Wife / Man Bites Snake To Death In Revenge For Biting Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
Everyone knows that Somalis are the biggest trouble makers. they have eternal civil war in their lands. but now they are bringing their war on innocent African Lion Cubs. But the African Lion is forever strong and cant tolerate thieving Somalis.

At least three villagers are reported to have been killed in eastern Kenya by lions besieging villages in an attempt to find their offspring.

Senior politicians in the Garissa region said the attacks began after a Somali militia near the border with Kenya stole three cubs.

Witnesses claim a pride of 15 lions attacked homes in Liboi and Kulan in the Garissa district on Sunday night, while villagers were asleep. Police reported that at least three people died and a further two were seriously injured.

The attack follows a series of incidents over the past two weeks in which herdsmen in Garissa have been attacked by lions . One man was mauled to death as he fetched water from a well. In a similar attack, a pride of 10 lions encircled villagers retrieving water at a well in Liboi, before police intervened.

Lions even invaded the local police station, allegedly forcing armed officers to run away in terror. As well as targeting humans, the lions have killed about 50 goats and more than a dozen cows.

Most of the attacks have been on herdsmen in the countryside. But on one occasion the lions wandered into the main town of Liboi, 10 miles from the Somali border. Police officers fired into the air as people ran for safety.

Abdullahi Rage, the area chief, said deaths were only just starting to be confirmed. Some of the victims were initially reported as missing, but their bodies were later discovered in the bush. Mr Rage said 23 lions had been spotted in the area.

Local politicians have called on the Kenyan government to help protect residents from the lions and to compensate the families of the victims. They have also suggested cross-border meetings with Somali community leaders in an attempt to secure the release of the cubs and prevent further kidnappings.

Officials from the Kenya Wildlife Service have twice tried to retrieve the cubs from the Somali militiamen. But their attempts at negotiation have been rebuffed. It is claimed the militiamen demanded a ransom for the return of the cubs. angry angry angry angry angry angry

According to pastoralists who witnessed the kidnapping, soldiers belonging to the Somalia Patriotic Movement, based in the Somali town of Dobley 20 miles from the border, took the cubs from a lioness two weeks ago. They fired several shots into the air as the other lions in the pride charged at them.

While attacks have been documented in Kenya it is not yet known how many people have been killed by the lions within Somalia.

The Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) said it suspected the militia men were paid to steal the cubs, which were then sold at markets in Somalia. But, the KWS, which has been criticised for not containing the lions, disputed the number of people who had died. A spokesman for the organisation claimed that only one person had so far been killed. "We have sent our people on to the ground. If the lions are a threat, appropriate action will be taken," said Gichuki Kabukuru of the KWS.

Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by Fulaman198(m): 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2012
Wow lol where was this from?
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2012
some news article. it is true, i have confirmed it. there was a similar recent spate of revenge attacks by a tribe of Lions on herdsmen near SOuth Sudan/Ethiopia border. i saw the documentary. but this one was goaded by a religious priest of a settled farming tribe who summoned the Lion spirits from the interior forests to take revenge on herders who were grazing on and destroying their crops. The place was literally infested with lions. everyday atleast 1-2 lions were killed but more kept coming and killing herders. The herdsmen , however, claim that they have run out of grazing grounds in the dry season so they have no choice. undecided
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by Fulaman198(m): 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
some news article. it is true, i have confirmed it. there was a similar recent spate of revenge attacks by a tribe of Lions on herdsmen near SOuth Sudan/Ethiopia border. i saw the documentary. but this one was goaded by a religious priest of a settled farming tribe who summoned the Lion spirits from the interior forests to take revenge on herders who were grazing on and destroying their crops. The place was literally infested with lions. everyday atleast 1-2 lions were killed but more kept coming and killing herders. The herdsmen , however, claim that they have run out of grazing grounds in the dry season so they have no choice. undecided

I feel bad for the herdsmen, don't get me wrong, I like lions and think they are beautiful creatures, but I identify a lot more with the herdsmen especially since some Lions killed some Fulani herdsmen in Yobe a few months ago.
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2012
Fulaman198:

I feel bad for the herdsmen, don't get me wrong, I like lions and think they are beautiful creatures, but I identify a lot more with the herdsmen especially since some Lions killed some Fulani herdsmen in Yobe a few months ago.

ah i knew we would come to this. infact as i was writing this, i suddenly realised how it is very similar to incidents in our own Country. no actually, brother Fula, i do not support the method used by the religious priest of this tribe. unfortunately, those are lawless areas and due to no proper govt. to intervene and help out, such incidences are dealt with in the old manners with blood.

however the Soomalis certainly deserved what came to them. they should not have stolen the innocent lion cubs from the mother and that also, 3 of them. i highly revere the unity among these lions and their sense of pride/tribe loyalty.
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by Fulaman198(m): 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

ah i knew we would come to this. infact as i was writing this, i suddenly realised how it is very similar to incidents in our own Country. no actually, brother Fula, i do not support the method used by the religious priest of this tribe. unfortunately, those are lawless areas and due to no proper govt. to intervene and help out, such incidences are dealt with in the old manners with blood.

however the Soomalis certainly deserved what came to them. they should not have stolen the innocent lion cubs from the mother and that also, 3 of them. i highly revere the unity among these lions and their sense of pride/tribe loyalty.

Oh I agree with that, they should not have stolen the 3 lion cubs
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by sambos994(m): 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Somalis never learn, do they.

1 Like

Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
sambos994:

Somalis never learn, do they.

never. they are troublesome creatures. even the animals know that. tongue

1 Like

Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by Fulaman198(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
ROFL Ayanle is going to get so mad at this thread
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by sambos994(m): 10:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
Somalis being fed to the lions....that's actually what I told, ayanle/warya/somali1/somali2(so pathetic he creates multiple accounts)
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
sambos994: Somalis being fed to the lions....that's actually what I told, ayanle/warya/somali1/somali2(so pathetic he creates multiple accounts)

and u forget africa1 tongue
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
who the fck steals lion cubs? grin

wow.
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
MsDarkSkin: who the fck steals lion cubs? grin

wow.

this is Africa. Lion cubs are worth a lot more than a full grown one. they can be used to fund their militia activities. these lions are purchased by oyinbos in your country and the west for high prices.
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
MsDarkSkin: AND who the fck posts an article from 2006? grin grin

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/lions-kill-villagers-after-militiamen-steal-cubs-404873.html

does it matter? i found it intresting.
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

this is Africa. Lion cubs are wi=orth a lot more than a full grown one. they can be used to fund their militia activities. these lions are purchased by oyinbos in your country and the west for high pices.

ahh i see.
makes a LOT of sense.

but the article is old. tongue
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

does it matter? i found it intresting.

lol.

ok. smiley
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

ahh i see.
makes a LOT of sense.

but the article is old. tongue

5 yrs old. but its recent and highlights what is going on in the world of Africa and Somali ethnic cleansing by Lions.
Re: African Lions Take Revenge On Soomalis Of East Kenya by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

5 yrs old. but its recent and highlights what is going on in the world of Africa and Somali ethnic cleansing by Lions.

ok. lol

(1) (Reply)

Lagos At Night / Alien Spaceship To Attack Earth In November! / Mr Cork is Nairaland Best Post Derailer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.