Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. (13984 Views)

Hell-bound Christians And Heaven-bound Unbelievers / Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? / Did Jesus Teach That Good Unbelievers Can Go To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
If you are one of the many Christian singles dating an unbeliever, save yourself additional troubles by getting out of the dating relationship as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by OmoAlata(f): 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Areaboy2(m): 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2012
well, your "believer" boy friend will still cheat on you, will still disrespect you and all the crap that comes with a terrible relationship. Now all that is ok cos he's a believer? Crap!

Actually, it is the "unbelievers" that are more honest to themselves and their spouse. The can tell you exactly what they think about something and not coat everything with the bread and butter of religion. I think I saw a research poll being done on this somewhere

Bottom line is, dont restrict yourself on the grounds of baseless religious beliefs. Rather on the heart of the person you have right in front of you.

You may disagree with me, But plenty single 40+ year olds will agree with me undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by manmustwac(m): 10:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
You two religious zombies can you please tell me what is wrong with dating an unbeliever?
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Acidosis(m): 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2012
manmustwac: You two religious zombies can you please tell me what is wrong with dating an unbeliever?
So what would you call me now that I support omo alata's view? 3rd religious zombi??
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by dagr8(m): 2:30am On Sep 10, 2012
manmustwac: You two religious zombies can you please tell me what is wrong with dating an unbeliever?
My friend, everything is wrong with it because as a Christian the Bible condemns it like omo alata has rightly quoted.

P.S I only answered ur question,i wont tolerate any childish response
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 3:30am On Sep 10, 2012
dagr8:
My friend, everything is wrong with it because as a Christian the Bible condemns it like omo alata has rightly quoted.

P.S I only answered ur question,i wont tolerate any childish response

And what verses show that the Bible discourages it?
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 3:31am On Sep 10, 2012
Omo Alata: Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
Is an unbeliever an unbeliever by 'tag' or by 'actions'? Is GEJ a believer?
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:33am On Sep 10, 2012
Well us "religious zombies"knows because all throughout the Bible God warns us for our own protection not to partner (be unequally yoked) with unbelievers (ex.:2Cor 6:14). History is littered with the ruined lives of those who have failed to obey this command. If even Solomon, the wisest dude ever, screwed up in this area, why do Christians think they can love Jesus
and maintain romantic relationships (dating, marriage) with unbelievers?.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 5:14am On Sep 10, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Well us "religious zombies"knows because all throughout the Bible God warns us for our own protection not to partner (be unequally yoked) with unbelievers (ex.:2Cor 6:14). History is littered with the ruined lives of those who have failed to obey this command. If even Solomon, the wisest dude ever, screwed up in this area, why do Christians think they can love Jesus
Well, apparently Jesus didn't get married and God is a jealous god, so I see where the real problem lies..
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by manmustwac(m): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Well us "religious zombies"knows because all throughout the Bible God warns us for our own protection not to partner (be unequally yoked) with unbelievers (ex.:2Cor 6:14). History is littered with the ruined lives of those who have failed to obey this command. If even Solomon, the wisest dude ever, screwed up in this area, why do Christians think they can love Jesus
I can tell by your username that your a very religious person. Sorry for calling you a religious zombie but then u cannot judge relationships based on the bible. Religious people are not immune from divorce, abusive husbands, cheating partners etc & prayers are no guarantee to solve these problems. If anything prayers will just prolong them.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: If you are one of the many Christian singles dating an unbeliever, save yourself additional troubles by getting out of the dating relationship as soon as possible.
let me commend you for the zeal you are showing for the work of God but please be sure not to be guilty of these passages. romans 10:2, proverbs 19:2.
Romans talks about the israelites having a zeal for God without knowledge. This is a very technical suggestion and I hope you are humble enough to understand that your statement might be a little blanket.
What do you make of prophet hosea in the bible whom God specifically instructed to go marry an harlot ?
What can you say of judges 14:4. Where it was God's plan that samson marry a philistine and just like you his parents were too short sighted to realise that which ultimately led to his aborted destiny.
God can ask a believer to marry anybody. If you want to quote that passage of not being unequally yoked with unbeliever's it shows you as a pharisee cos when you go to the market don't you buy from ubelievers ?
Are some of your neighbors not unbelievers. Probably your landlord himself is an unbeliever.
I don't blame you in anyway cos your case is a classic example of zeal without knowledge and just like 98 percent of nigerian christians we are all too lazy to study the bible.
We are more at home spewing whatever our pastors have fed us with not realising that they are humans too and subject to errors once in a while.
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by MacDaddy01: 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
Please, go and divorce atheist Bill Gates and his catholic wife. Wicked christians.

How many failed Okotie marriages does it take one to know that relationships should not be judged on religion but on love and common sense?

How many christians have we seen beating their wives? Christian even have a higher divorce rate than any other religion in America. Higher than atheists.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/733534_divorce_religion_png81c89aa5abf7c69de9d4543c55a864a0

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2011-03-14-divorce-christians_N.htm

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by iheanyi4u(m): 1:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: If you are one of the many Christian singles dating an unbeliever, save yourself additional troubles by getting out of the dating relationship as soon as possible.
Well actually as a Christian you are not supposed to be in any relationship until you are ready for marriage; and your pastor is supposed to be aware of the said relationship.
Back to the topic @Op dating an unbeliever could make your faith waiver and as such lead you astray. Jesus said if your eye could lead you to hell; cut it off.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by tobechi74: 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
Pastor chris is a bliver, his exwife is a bliver. Yet they divorced. Can anybody xplain y irespective of their blif
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by MacDaddy01: 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
iheanyi4u:
Well actually as a Christian you are not supposed to be in any relationship until you are ready for marriage; and your pastor is supposed to be aware of the said relationship.
Back to the topic @Op dating an unbeliever could make your faith waiver and as such lead you astray. Jesus said if your eye could lead you to hell; cut it off.
Pastor should know my private life?

Lawd, the stewpidity of some christians
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by iheanyi4u(m): 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What's stewpid about your Pastor been aware of your relationship? After all he would most likely wed you guys.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by iheanyi4u(m): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by MacDaddy01: 2:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
iheanyi4u:
What's stewpid about your Pastor been aware of your relationship? After all he would most likely wed you guys.

Traditional marriage is enough. My grandparents and parents were wed traditionally. Both people never divorced.

Why should my pastor know my private life? He should come and tell me how he has sex with his wife
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
musKeeto:
Is an unbeliever an unbeliever by 'tag' or by 'actions'? Is GEJ a believer?
this question is very childish.
'by their fruits ye shal knw them'
btw stop hating on Gej
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by seyibrown(f): 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers = Do not enter into a union with someone who does not love Christ as you do.

Please, substitute date for marry where appropriate below:

Born-again Xtians should not marry someone just because that person attends church or profess to be born-again. You must investigate to find out that their lives reflect what they profess, otherwise you will find yourself departing from Christ/stagnating in your spiritual life due to the influence of your unbelieving spouse (Re: King Solomon). You will be leaving your family open to attack because of the 'crack in the wall'. As life is not a bed of roses, When the time comes that you need your partner to encourage you in the lord, they will not be able to do that. If for any reason the union runs into problems, you will likely approach it like a child of God and they will likely approach it with all the ferocity of someone who is not a child of God; and you will take some serious battering.

Why marry someone who sees nothing wrong in fornication/adultery when your standard is faithfulness? Why marry someone who sees nothing wrong in embezzling government funds when you stand by 'thou shalt not steal'? Why marry someone who sees nothing wrong in 'correcting the spouse with a couple of slaps' when you believe that the spouse should be treated with all love, respect and dignity? Why marry someone who will not be interested in fasting and praying in agreement with you? Only a few examples!

Don't cast your pearls before swine. Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Don't find out first-hand the consequences of marrying someone who does not hold Christ dear as much as you do! Do not marry someone who does not hold the same core values that you hold! It could in reality cost you your life!

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
Bélla3: this question is very childish.
'by their fruits ye shal knw them'
btw stop hating on Gej
GEJ claims to be a Christian, is he a true believer/Christian? If Yes, how? If NO, why? Simple question. Stop being childish.

What are the fruits of a Christian? Can these fruits only be exhibited by Christians?

Please give mature answers this time
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
seyibrown: Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers = Do not enter into a union with someone who does not love Christ as you do.

Born-again Xtians should not marry someone just because that person attend church or profess to be born-again. You must investigate to find out that their lives reflect what they profess, otherwise you will find yourself departing from Christ/stagnating in your spiritual life due to the influence of your unbelieving spouse (Re: King Solomon). You will be leaving your family open to attack because of the 'crack in the wall'. As life is not a bed of roses, When the time comes that you need your partner to encourage you in the lord, they will not be able to do that. If for any reason the union runs into problems, you will likely approach it like a child of God and they will likely approach it with all the ferocity of someone who is not a child of God; and you will take some serious battering.

Why marry someone who sees nothing wrong in fornication/adultery when your standard is faithfulness? Why marry someone who sees nothing wrong in embezzling government funds when you stand by 'thou shalt not steal'? Why marry someone who sees nothing wrong in 'correcting the spouse with a couple of slaps' when you believe that the spouse should be treated with all love, respect and dignity? Why marry someone who will not be interested in fasting and praying in agreement with you? Only a few examples!

Don't cast your pearls before swine. Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Don't find out first-hand the consequences of marrying someone who does not hold Christ dear as much as you do! Do not marry someone who does not hold the same core values that you hold! It could in reality cost you your life!

Classic 'something bad will happen to you' threat. Doesn't your Christ call people to freedom? What do you mean by 'crack in the wall'?
On a more general note, when the verse "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers ", does this also extend to Business associates, friends, housemates, classmates? Where in that verse does it suggest 'marriage and marriage only'?

Please no 'childish' responses..
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
musKeeto:
GEJ claims to be a Christian, is he a true believer/Christian? If Yes, how? If NO, why? Simple question. Stop being childish.

What are the fruits of a Christian? Can these fruits only be exhibited by Christians?

Please give mature answers this time
i cnt judge Gej coz i dnt knw him personaly. I refuse to believ evrything pple say about him. The fruits of the spirit cn only be manifest by christains. You just have to define christain well.
Am actually planing to create a thread to this regard.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
musKeeto:
Classic 'something bad will happen to you' threat. Doesn't your Christ call people to freedom? What do you mean by 'crack in the wall'?
On a more general note, when the verse "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers ", does this also extend to Business associates, friends, housemates, classmates? Where in that verse does it suggest 'marriage and marriage only'?

Please no 'childish' responses..
nt being equaly yoked wit unbelievers means you should emulate them, u shuldnt be joined as one flesh wit them, and this is refering sex thus marriage wit unbelievers is not advisable.
However there is another passage of the bible in which paul addresses christians that he u are married to an unbeliever the Christ in u cleans ur partner.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2012
Bélla3: nt being equaly yoked wit unbelievers means you should emulate them, u shuldnt be joined as one flesh wit them, and this is refering sex thus marriage wit unbelievers is not advisable.
However there is another passage of the bible in which paul addresses christians that he u are married to an unbeliever the Christ in u cleans ur partner.

Lol, this verse clearly has nothing to do with marriage.Not even if we look at it in context...

14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[b]? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will live with them
and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they will be my people.”[c]
17 Therefore,

“Come out from them
and be separate,
says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you.”[d]
18 And,

“I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty.”
Well thank God for that well used cop out: The bible is not meant for carnal minds. I bet the Holy Spirit has given you insight into how this verse relates to marriage.. Surprise me please..
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2012
Bélla3: i cnt judge Gej coz i dnt knw him personaly. I refuse to believ evrything pple say about him. The fruits of the spirit cn only be manifest by christains. You just have to define christain well.
Am actually planing to create a thread to this regard.
So you need to know GEJ personally in other to 'know his fruits'.. GREAT.. I hope you also apply this to the 'men of God'.. or do you choose to believe what every one else says about them? Well, let's not digress..
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
seyibrown: Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers = Do not enter into a union with someone who does not love Christ as you do.

Please, substitute date for marry where appropriate below:

Born-again Xtians should not marry someone just because that person attends church or profess to be born-again. You must investigate to find out that their lives reflect what they profess, otherwise you will find yourself departing from Christ/stagnating in your spiritual life due to the influence of your unbelieving spouse (Re: King Solomon). You will be leaving your family open to attack because of the 'crack in the wall'. As life is not a bed of roses, When the time comes that you need your partner to encourage you in the lord, they will not be able to do that. If for any reason the union runs into problems, you will likely approach it like a child of God and they will likely approach it with all the ferocity of someone who is not a child of God; and you will take some serious battering.

will you stop being sensational and learn to give regard to the bible .
Why do you always think you can rationalise ? Where were you when God instructed hosea a prophet to go and marry an harlot ?
Where were you when he delberately made samson in judges 14:4 to fall in love with a philistine woman. A daughter of an uncircumcised gentile ?
Why do you always think you can only be unequally yoked when you get married.
If you have an unbeliever as a colleague in your work place you think you are not being unequally yoked ?
If you enter a taxi driven by an unbeliever are you not being unequally yoked ?
God can instruct a believer to marry an unbeliever as long as he wants to glorify his own name.
You lot should stop destroying destinies with your blanket statements that has no scriptural backing. It's so annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2012
Guitarlife: will you stop being sensational and learn to give regard to the bible .
Why do you always think you can rationalise ? Where were you when God instructed hosea a prophet to go and marry an harlot ?
Where were you when he delberately made samson in judges 14:4 to fall in love with a philistine woman. A daughter of an uncircumcised gentile ?
Why do you always think you can only be unequally yoked when you get married.
If you have an unbeliever as a colleague in your work place you think you are not being unequally yoked ?
If you enter a taxi driven by an unbeliever are you not being unequally yoked ?
God can instruct a believer to marry an unbeliever as long as he wants to glorify his own name.
You lot should stop destroying destinies with your blanket statements that has no scriptural backing. It's so annoying.
And common sense wins!!! Halleluia!!
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2012
musKeeto:

Lol, this verse clearly has nothing to do with marriage.Not even if we look at it in context...

Well thank God for that well used cop out: The bible is not meant for carnal minds. I bet the Holy Spirit has given you insight into how this verse relates to marriage.. Surprise me please..
funny. 'do not be EQUALLY yoked wit unbelievers'
Equally means coming down to a particular level (as regards the verse). The bible also talks about being joined as one when there is se.x. This are one of the things that make believers equally yoked wit an unbeliever. And this my friend is what connects it wit marriage. 'and two shall become one' this two shall become one is what brings about the equality. However like i said if a christian marrys an unbeliever, their marriage and children are cleansed by the christian through Christ.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by plaetton: 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
Gawd!

Talk about an epidemic of stupidity!

Only Gawd can save the black race from religion.
lol.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
musKeeto:
So you need to know GEJ personally in other to 'know his fruits'.. GREAT.. I hope you also apply this to the 'men of God'.. or do you choose to believe what every one else says about them? Well, let's not digress..
i condemn men of God more than 'unbelievers.' now lets not go into that. I Am not a HYPOCRITE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation / Ex Boko Haram Leader, Now Converted To The Christian, Fingers Ibb And Others / Is There Anything Like Untimely Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.