Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project (24150 Views)

Let Us Design Your Next Building Project / A Nairanlander Building Project / Why Soil Investigation Is Necessary For Your Building Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by weirdarkhitekt(m): 7:09am On Jun 24, 2016
Nice work ! Did you screed the walls?

Can you breakdown the costs of the finishing so far, POP, wall tiles, plastering and flooring ¿
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by adewaleID: 7:28am On Jun 24, 2016
Hi,

Can you help me with your builders contact pls. You house is fab, May God continue to bless you.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 20, 2017
please op how much did this cost you u intend to live, sell or lease out??

1 Like

Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2017
edshaf:
While waiting to continue, I engaged interlock molders to mold 320 sq. meters of interlocking tiles for me. I made use of the remaining granite and sand for the purpose. Fabrication of the windows was also underway.

Are those Chinese in the picture, this guys I really salute them sha
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by folmus: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
OP, you didn't tell us the conclusion of the regularization and getting approval for this building? Were you fined for not getting approval before you started as you suggested at the beginning of this thread?

Your experience is highly needed. grin grin
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2017
folmus:
OP, you didn't tell us the conclusion of the regularization and getting approval for this building? Were you fined for not getting approval before you started as you suggested at the beginning of this thread?

Your experience is highly needed. grin grin

I couldn't say exactly but I had to pay about #1.7 million for 648 sq. mtr (that's about #2,500 per sq.mtrs plus other charges).

The team of field agents that came took pictures and wrote reports of what was on ground. How that affected the charges, I don't know.

I received a CofO for 99 years at the end anyways.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by folmus: 5:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
edshaf:

I couldn't say exactly but I had to pay about #1.7 million for 648 sq. mtr (that's about #2,500 per sq.mtrs plus other charges).

The team of field agents that came took pictures and wrote reports of what was on ground. How that affected the charges, I don't know.

I received a CofO for 99 years at the end anyways.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 4:59am On Apr 19, 2017
folmus:

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I forgot to mention that I had to deal with LABSCA as well in which case I was fined.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by mrmikey101: 11:24am On Oct 16, 2018
nokiaba3:
please op how much did this cost you
u intend to live, sell or lease out??

Please could you send me a message , how much in total it took to get completed ?
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by mrmikey101: 11:25am On Oct 16, 2018
edshaf:
This thread is to keep a record of the progress of my first building project.

4&5-Sep-12: I was told about a land in Ejigbo, Lagos. A single plot going for 5.5million in an area where land goes for nothing less than 7million. Sceptical, I went to sight the property.
It was a standard plot which existed as part of 2 plots and fenced as such. The owner is a business man that lives at Otta.
There is no title on the land and all the owner has is a receipt from the 'Omo-onile' and a survey plan of the two plots.
The survey has two stamps on it: "Plan falls within Govt. Acquisition/Revocation" and "Surveyed with the consent of the Surveyor General". The whole area, I later gathered suffer the same fate. However, upon checking at Alausa, I was made to understand that the land has not been committed and ratified.

I had no experience with respect to purchasing land. None at all! But my instinct says go ahead.

6-Sep-12: Contacted my lawyer and he asked the agent for the receipt on the land, the name of the family that sold the land, what motive is there for selling etc. He needed the info to draft the Deed of Assignment. Agent promised to get back in 2 days (working) with the necessary info. My intention is to perfect the documents on the land asap.
'Les I forget, the agent mentioned that I will have to pay homage to the 'King' of Ejigbo with @least N500k personally. So, effectively, the land cost 6m. smiley

8-Sep-12: Contacted my architect to check out the site in view of constructing a duplex with two 3 bedroom flats extension behind. The duplex will have 3 bedroom on the upper floor and a family living room too. On the lower floor, the main lounge, the reception, the dinning area, kitchen, maid room, study and the visitor's room. Awaiting the sketch. Awaiting the draft sketch.

To be continued...
Not trying to check your pocket or anything but i am currently planning to engage in a project like this , so please do share +- what it costs to complete.
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by edshaf: 6:53pm On Oct 19, 2018
mrmikey101:
Not trying to check your pocket or anything but i am currently planning to engage in a project like this , so please do share +- what it costs to complete.

Hard to remember the full details now, looking back, but it cost about 18m getting the building up (including the interlock) and about 10m on fittings and finishing
Re: A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project by sotall(m): 6:58am On May 29, 2023
Nice thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Billion Naira Residential Building. Possible? / Another Building Collapses In Lagos / Architectural Design Challenge - Post Your Design !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.