Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work (12787 Views)

Jonathan: I’ll Become Peace Ambassador After Leaving Office / Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected / Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price To Make Nigeria Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by Euroclydon(m): 9:21am On Sep 10, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday said he was prepared “to pay any price” to ensure that things work well in the country.

He also said would do everything possible to implement all his ongoing reforms in the critical sectors of the country.

The presidential assurance was contained in the goodwill message he sent to the opening ceremony of their second plenary session of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) at the Mater Dei Cathedral, Umuahia.

Presidential Jonathan’s message, which was delivered by the minister of Labour and Productivity, Chief Emeka Wogu, was full of assurances that everything was on course to pull the nation out of the present malaise.

It was also a vague warning to anti-reform elements as the President insisted that there was no going back on the privatisation of the power sector, adding that “the transformation agenda has reached the point where everybody would be proud that reform has taken place.”

Jonathan, who said he was delighted to have been invited by CBCN to come and “share with them thoughts and vision that guide our nation in the search for development,” said his administration was putting in place superstructures upon which Nigeria would attain greater heights.

He said he was not unmindful of the enormous problems facing the nation, noting that he has been confronting the challenges headlong, citing the youth employment programmes to keep the youths out of crime, the ongoing power sector reforms as well as efforts to tackle the infrastructure deficit across the nation.

Recalling the security challenges facing Nigeria and the rest of world today, Mr. President concluded that “human society today is far from attaining the City of God status as propounded by St Augustine of Hippo.

But he called on the Catholic Bishops to continue in their prayers so that the nation can overcome the critical challenges threatening the peaceful co-existence of citizens, adding that his administration was on its own committed to the building of an egalitarian society.

“This administration will always stand for the truth, peace and justice,” the President said. He quoted some passages from the Holy Bible as he urged Nigerians to learn to love one another and live in harmony in the pluralistic society.

Earlier in his address, the president of CBCN and Catholic
Bishop of Jos Diocese, Most Rev Ignatius Kaigama, called for a lasting solution to the senseless killings of Christians and other innocent citizens in the northern parts of the country, saying that patience was being overstretched.

“The patience of Christians, especially in the North has been tried and tested for too long now. We ask that the reckless attacks on them and other innocent Nigerians be brought to a halt, through the proper use of security intelligence/expertise available to government and security agencies both within and beyond Nigeria,” he said.

He lamented the ease with which people acquire dangerous weapons due largely to the country’s porous borders hence the bomb explosions and gun attacks that have remained unabated.

“The explosive devices have become like toys used at will and local and sophisticated arms escape our sea ports, land borders and find their way into the hands of criminals and hoodlums; it is a cause of very great concern,” the CBCN President said.
According to him, the apparently unchecked flow of arms and ammunition and the attendant killings have made “most Nigerians wonder whether we are on top of the situation as usually claimed” by government and security agencies.

However, Bishop Kaigama assured that the Catholic Bishops and the faithful were committed to a united and peaceful Nigeria despite the blood lettings of Christians and would continue to pray for the men of violence to change their ways and learn to love.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-i-ll-pay-any-price-to-make-nigeria-work/124542/
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by KingSolomonI: 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
true?
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by a1solution: 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
I know Jonathan Will surely deliver its just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by ACM10: 7:08pm On Sep 10, 2012
Easier said than done. Can he pay the ultimate price for Nigeria? I doubt! Only f00l does.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by SamMilla1(m): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
You can start by telling Reuben Abati to stop lying for you and your wife.
Unless ofcourse lies will make Nigeria work.

I know you are a good man but telling lies to 180 million people from over 250 tribes, with different academic degrees should be an offence punishable by instant sacking.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by Afam4eva(m): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
[size=14pt]Resign Sir...[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by brightmon: 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
Then why cant you fight corruption? Kill corruption and Nigeria will work.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by meksroland: 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
This is the only govt we the citizens are carried along on some sensitive issues. But he need to eliminate some people for him to work. By elimination I mean they should be killed. For instance, bakare, Buhari, Ciroma, Atiku, Abdulsalami, Tinubu, complete it

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by KingSolomonI: 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
ACM10: Easier said than done. Can he pay the ultimate price for Nigeria? I doubt! Only f00l does.

i wonder what the ultimate price is my brother...
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by bittyend1: 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2012
Can you pay with your life and 1billion feeding allowance, Mr. infamous re.tardeen? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by redcliff: 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
if you can die and leave power thats the ultimate price uncle jona cos there are more passionate people who are ready to talk and work too
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by solgee(m): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
Ok
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by otokx(m): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
Did he really say this?
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by Stallion77(f): 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2012
bittyend1: Can you pay with your life and 1billion feeding allowance, Mr. infamous re.tardeen? cheesy

bros you wicked o!
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by 1forall: 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2012
Sensational statements wont make the difference, your work should speak for you Joe.
The more I realise the speech may have been written by the Abatis and Okupes I begin to wonder whether Jona himself knows what is been said on his behalf, cos his style of 'governance' sure says the opposite.

Nenzenze!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by ACM10: 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
King Solomon I:

i wonder what the ultimate price is my brother...

. . .sacrificing his life for Nigeria. Just like Aguiyi Ironsi
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
Pay the price for wetin? Abeg make I hear word! Seems his cluelessness is waxing stronger! undecided
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by MurphyT1: 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
u can feel the zeal in his words to make naija a beta place, may God see u tru sir
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by Morgan1092(m): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
"Paying any price". Hmmm! does dat include sacrificing our 1st lady? (jst asking oo) as she d sick.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by alaoeri: 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
Story story, na today. undecided
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by tutypad: 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
let d work begin if you really meant what you say! how many criminals are behind bars? like: Facrook, Otedola, to mention but few? we can't feel good governce at work nah
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva: [size=14pt]Resign Sir...[/size]
Now that is a harsh price.. only Barth Nnaji had the balls to pay it (In full I hope)

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by offshoreking: 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
Keep it up dear President, i believe in you, i stood on the sun for more than 4 hours to make sure u elected as our president, i knew my own contribution will never go in vain. God blessed u and may he continue to give u more knowledge to tackle all the opposition that is against ur government. It shall be well with u all.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by tutypad: 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
let d work begin if you really meant what you say! how many criminals are behind bars? like: Facrook, Otedola, to mention but few? we can't feel good governce at work nah angrylet d work begin if you really meant what you say! how many criminals are behind bars? like: Facrook, Otedola, to mention but few? we can't feel good governce at work nah

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by killuminati(m): 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2012
WELL DONE $ɪ̣̝̇Я̩̥̊ ! grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by gbadexy(m): 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2012
Including the ultimate price?
He should tell that to kindergartens.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by superior1: 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2012
It is very easy to cook vegetable stew with your mouth,na practical go show how real you are
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by 76Naira(m): 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2012
including not contesting again?
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by ariy(m): 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2012
[quote author=bittyend1]Can you pay with your life and 1billion feeding allowance, Mr. infamous re.tardeen? cheesy[ /quote] let's wait and see
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by killuminati(m): 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2012
Just as you paid the price with our money to be the president, right?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cultism: Kingdom Model Secondary School Remains Closed - Umahi / "We Do Not Force Confessions Out Of Suspects" - DSS / Alleged World Bank Document Names Top Nigerians And Their Loot In Foreign Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.