Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,177 members, 7,807,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road (13228 Views)

Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos / Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 / Armed Helicopter Sent To Calabar To Aid Air Raids Against Kidnappers:pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by LailaIkeji1: 10:42am On Sep 10, 2012
A friend just sent me these pictures.

And according to him, on his way from Calabar to Obudu (Obudu Cattle Ranch) all in Cross River State, he had to take a bike to cross over when he got to this road split at Obubra to get to Ikom.

From Ikom, he now took another bus to continue his journey to Obudu.

The road cut oo.

http://www.lailaikeji.com/2012/09/pictures-of-damaged-calabar-to-obudu.html

Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by jerusalem101: 11:24am On Sep 10, 2012
And that's a federal govt road,meanwhile,the federal govt's busy planning on how to invent new note when the vital things are being abandon.....Govt plz wake up and be sensitive..........

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by sheyguy: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2012
Unbelievable!
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by ITbomb(m): 12:01pm On Sep 10, 2012
How did we got into this mess called Nigeria , and some people are still bent on controlling everything from the center.
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by miteolu(m): 12:37pm On Sep 10, 2012
. . .Let us start dancing
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 10, 2012
OMG! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I can't believe my eyezzzz

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by blacksta(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2012
Fresh air - we like am like that

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by AMvanquish: 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
Wow
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by megxo(m): 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
JEEZ.... SMH4 DIS COUNTRY.....EERYTIN IS NOTJSTOK

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2012
Did a meteor land on that spot? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by DANILSA(m): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
[b][/b] shocked shocked is this a mass cemetery? I saw!!!
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by Gwekzy: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
ITbomb: How did we got into this mess called Nigeria , and some people are still bent on controlling everything from the center.
GuY Dis is a natural disaster n stop blaminG "Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by Tlake(m): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
This is wat poor infrastructural dev will cause,wat kind of civil engnr will construct a road without proper survey, dats wat we gt with poor designs and constructions frm our useless contractors evan julius berger road does nt last up 2 10yrs
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by EPOMA(m): 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
sleeping president and a sleeping gov = setback

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by EPOMA(m): 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
Tlake: This is wat poor infrastructural dev will cause,wat kind of civil engnr will construct a road without proper survey, dats wat we gt with poor designs and constructions frm our useless contractors evan julius berger road does nt last up 2 10yrs
correct
Julius berger are useless but seen in Nigeria as the best

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by EASY39(m): 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2012
Ds is too bad
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2012
Lord have mercy! This is a serious death trap! What is the government doing? Who is the minister of works? What is he doing? Why put people's lives in danger? So many questions to be asked! Damn!
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by gulfer: 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
Una be fool: OMG! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I can't believe my eyezzzz
Neither can I, can anyone say if there was an excavation done at this point or was there a mini tremor/landslide?
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by DidiLove1: 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
Tlake: This is wat poor infrastructural dev will cause,wat kind of civil engnr will construct a road without proper survey, dats wat we gt with poor designs and constructions frm our useless contractors evan julius berger road does nt last up 2 10yrs

What manner of survey are you speaking of? Any road in any part of the world constructed by even the best of construction firms can still be demaged by natural disasters (which is the case here). Do you have proof that this road was constructed by Julius Berger? Third Mainland bridge is still standing firm after over 20 years o!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by frankcimc(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
The Villager should be careful because it might extend to other parts if nothing is done earlier. Hope the Local gov. or the state gov. will will do sth asap.
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by tonte(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2012
I saw that place like that in 2007 o.......so they still haven't touched that road??na waa sha

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by keneri(m): 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
Gwekzy: GuY Dis is a natural disaster n stop blaminG "Nigeria"

You are very ignorant. Even if it is an earthquake, so it should be abandoned to fate.
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by Cuddlemii: 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
Ah, abasi mbok, obio yin o, ikot yin o
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by valdubem(m): 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
Thank God I've been unbanned. from now henceforth, my mouth don lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by Nightshift(m): 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2012
That road leads to Nigeria's "Davos", a prime tourists destination . It looks more like a crater on the planet mars . Nigeria still have no standard for road construction .

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by Tlake(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2012
Didi Love:

What manner of survey are you speaking of? Any road in any part of the world constructed by even the best of construction firms can still be demaged by natural disasters (which is the case here). Do you have proof that this road was constructed by Julius Berger? Third Mainland bridge is still standing firm after over 20 years o!
. Brigde construction is a diff tin entirely has 2 buy built with optomum quality,or else lives will b lost dos are d tins dey r gud at brigde,buildings construction,nt dat dey cnt construct gud roads bt deir also playn d nigerian game n since dey seem 2 be d best firm in nigeria how cn we v good roads that's wat am tryn 2 explain
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by nasty45(m): 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
This shit scares d hell outta me....i nid to go get my transcript frm dt skul....fuckkk is ds wt d rd looks like?#restructurin my budget for flight# e go affect my flexin sha,buh no biggy as long as i fit avoid dt dungeon
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by hardbody: 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
tonte: I saw that place like that in 2007 o.......so they still haven't touched that road??na waa sha

it was near the same story when i went to the ranch via calabar - ikom road. I spent 5 hours plus driving from calabar to obudu, it is sad that nothing has so far changed. Nigeria we hail thee
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by hardbody: 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2012
nasty45: This shit scares d hell outta me....i nid to go get my transcript frm dt skul....fuckkk is ds wt d rd looks like?#restructurin my budget for flight# e go affect my flexin sha,buh no biggy as long as i fit avoid dt dungeon

person what school are u talking about? is there a university aside the one in calabar for malabites? this picture is happening some 4 - 5 hours drive from calabar, eediet. if you have nothing to say, shut da phok up
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by laughinggal(f): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2012
it should be constructed, to avoid accident.
Re: Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road by assetstrap(m): 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
If there is truly a govt in place there is no way that road would be in that state. So how do they expect tourists to get to obudu ranch? People like me are busy advertising the fact that we have beautiful tourist spots in Naija and this is the BS one has to go through to get thereRidiculous

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Hotels To Submit List Of Guests To Security Agencies Daily / Buhari Accepts Ban’s Invitation To World Leaders’ Meeting / Boko Haram Attacks Adamawa, Scores Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.