Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,964 members, 7,803,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air (20999 Views)

Emirate Cabin Female Crew Needed / Female Cabin Crew (air Hostess) / Actors/actresses And Crew Needed For Film. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by DadLolade(m): 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
Job Description

Arik Air Nigeria is seeking to fill the position of Cabin Crew.

Job Title: Cabin Crew

Job Description:
To conduct pro-flight Cabin Checks and deliver excellent customer service in a quest to create a memorable experience whilst also making safety the number one goal.

The Role:
• Check boarding passes and direct passengers to seats.
• Advise passengers of safety regulations.
• Provide first aid treatment and assist sick passengers.
• Anticipate and provide for the comfort of passengers needing special attention, including unaccompanied children, take action in the event of decompression, turbulence mechanical malfunction, or unlawful acts by passengers.
• Prepare for emergency landings and the evacuation of passengers. Check emergency and safety equipment before each flight. Ensure passengers’ safety during flights.
• Prepare and check the catering, bar and cabin before and during each flight
• Demonstrate aircraft emergency procedures and safety features to passenger.

Requirements:
• Candidate must possess a degree in any discipline.
• Possession of an international passport is an added advantage
• Must be medically fit to meet regulatory requirement
• Working experience in Customer relations will be an added advantage
• Ability to swim unaided 30 metres is an added advantage
• Basic knowledge of First Aid is an added advantage
• Must be between the ages of 21 – 40
• Must be able to provide excellent service to passengers
• Must have good communication and written skill
• Must be presentable and attractive.
• Good customer service skills.
• Weight must be in proportion to height (BMI)
• Height for the female must be between 5′ .2 – 5′ .6
• Height for male must be between 5’ .6 – 6’ .2

Application Closing Date:
12 September 2012
How to Apply

Interested candidates should send their applications and detailed CV to: aviationcabinservices@arikair.com

www.channel801.com/Vacancies/arik-air-nigeria-recruits-cabin-crew.html
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by lordandy: 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
Wich state?
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by ConcernMan: 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
Them dey craze. Who tell them say I don ready to die. Not interested joor

2 Likes

Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by channel801(f): 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2012

1 Like

Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Peacemeka: 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
I beg i want to die yet
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by SKYLAC(m): 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
Peacemeka: I beg i want to die yet

shocked grin cheesy
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Xplicit1(f): 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
Pls. I'm interested. What's d least cert. requirement?
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by ifyalways(f): 6:40am On Sep 11, 2012
^ check the link provided now. Don't wait to be bottlefed.

Generally, height, smartness, physical appearance, poise and carriage are the most important qualities desired in CC. A good school cert can get you the job. And oh, age too. Being bi lingual is another plus.
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 11, 2012
i love arik air, working with them just gives u satisfaction. I pray those who applied comes out successful
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by kayswag100(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2012
as always, NO RISK; NO REWARD!
Definately giving dis one a shot too! (just like i did, aerocontractors!)
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by miteolu(m): 9:43am On Sep 11, 2012
No Death No Heaven or Hell

1 Like

Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 11, 2012
I am 6'3, what now?
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by timbros(m): 9:50am On Sep 11, 2012
channel801: Read the vacancy details here before you apply:

http://www.channel801.com/Vacancies/arik-air-nigeria-recruits-cabin-crew.html

The page is not showing. Says the page is removed...
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by enibal(f): 9:51am On Sep 11, 2012
Like hw much do dey pay dre Cabin crew @ arik
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Esss(m): 9:58am On Sep 11, 2012
Dad Lolade: Job Description

Arik Air Nigeria is seeking to fill the position of Cabin Crew.

Job Title: Cabin Crew

Job Description:
To conduct pro-flight Cabin Checks and deliver excellent customer service in a quest to create a memorable experience whilst also making safety the number one goal.

The Role:
• Check boarding passes and direct passengers to seats.
• Advise passengers of safety regulations.
• Provide first aid treatment and assist sick passengers.
• Anticipate and provide for the comfort of passengers needing special attention, including unaccompanied children, take action in the event of decompression, turbulence mechanical malfunction, or unlawful acts by passengers.
• Prepare for emergency landings and the evacuation of passengers. Check emergency and safety equipment before each flight. Ensure passengers’ safety during flights.
• Prepare and check the catering, bar and cabin before and during each flight
• Demonstrate aircraft emergency procedures and safety features to passenger.

Requirements:
• Candidate must possess a degree in any discipline.
• Possession of an international passport is an added advantage
• Must be medically fit to meet regulatory requirement
• Working experience in Customer relations will be an added advantage
• Ability to swim unaided 30 metres is an added advantage
• Basic knowledge of First Aid is an added advantage
• Must be between the ages of 21 – 40
• Must be able to provide excellent service to passengers
• Must have good communication and written skill
Must be presentable and attractive.
• Good customer service skills.
Weight must be in proportion to height (BMI)
Height for the female must be between 5′ .2 – 5′ .6
Height for male must be between 5’ .6 – 6’ .2

12 September 2012
How to Apply

Interested candidates should send their applications and detailed CV to: aviationcabinservices@arikair.com

Please any lawyers in the house?!

I would like to know if the highlighted portions of the requirements arent a breach of the consititutional right of Nigerians to not be discriminated due to circumstances of their birth?! Especially the height, beauty and weight parts?!

I have taken the liberty of even checking up on the constitution and here is what it says in CHAPTER IV, Article 41 of the Constition;

42. (1) A citizen of Nigeria of a particular community, ethnic group, place of origin, sex, religion or political opinion shall not, by reason only that he is such a person:-

(a) be subjected either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any executive or administrative action of the government, to disabilities or restrictions to which citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions are not made subject; or

(b) be accorded either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any such executive or administrative action, any privilege or advantage that is not accorded to citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions.

(2) No citizen of Nigeria shall be subjected to any disability or deprivation merely by reason of the circumstances of his birth.

(3) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section shall invalidate any law by reason only that the law imposes restrictions with respect to the appointment of any person to any office under the State or as a member of the armed forces of the Federation or member of the Nigeria Police Forces [size=14pt]or to an office in the service of a body, corporate established directly by any law in force in Nigeria[/size].

Basically, these requirements are prejudiced towards fat people, midgets and people under the height requirements and ugly people.

I might just be able to excuse the weight and height requirement as it can be argued that these can limit their ability to do the job, but to discriminate/judge a person based on looks is just criminal...

Please lawyers, explain this...

1 Like

Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by isquar3d3(m): 10:11am On Sep 11, 2012
^^bro, specific jobs require specific qualifications. Attractiveness might nt necessarily mean being handsome or beautiful. Ur aura, ur personality..they matter. U are 5"1 and u go 2 ebun comets and say u want 2 play bball...really? Does dat count as discrimination? I dnt totally get d height mini and maxi bt i guess there's a reasn.

2 Likes

Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 11, 2012
I will disown any of my relation that apply for this kind of Job. angry
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Esss(m): 10:23am On Sep 11, 2012
isquar3d3: ^^bro, specific jobs require specific qualifications. Attractiveness might nt necessarily mean being handsome or beautiful. Ur aura, ur personality..they matter. U are 5"1 and u go 2 ebun comets and say u want 2 play bball...really? Does dat count as discrimination? I dnt totally get d height mini and maxi bt i guess there's a reasn.

Mugsy Bogues - 5ft 3inches.. Shortest man ever in the NBA!!

Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by sdiq: 10:28am On Sep 11, 2012
ARIK KO ARIK NI INSTEAD OF MAKE THEM WAIT MAKE DANA PUBLISH THERE VACANCY ABI THEIR SALARY NO GO PASS ARIK OWN NI
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by PBundles(m): 10:46am On Sep 11, 2012
Im not a lawyer, but with the exception of attractive ( very subjective), the remaining criteria seems applicable. I would expect that someone applying for the cabing crew job would be presentable. The other criteria could be borne out of safety requirements (ie not be to fat, in case if emergency so as to enable agile movement. I know these requirements are also used in other airlines as collegues wife works for KLM ( mor than 15 years) and actually is on the Abuja-Amsterdam route.

Just my 2 cents.

Esss:

I would like to know if the highlighted portions of the requirements arent a breach of the consititutional right of Nigerians to not be discriminated due to circumstances of their birth?! Especially the height, beauty and weight parts?!

I have taken the liberty of even checking up on the constitution and here is what it says in CHAPTER IV, Article 41 of the Constition;

42. (1) A citizen of Nigeria of a particular community, ethnic group, place of origin, sex, religion or political opinion shall not, by reason only that he is such a person:-

(a) be subjected either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any executive or administrative action of the government, to disabilities or restrictions to which citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions are not made subject; or

(b) be accorded either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any such executive or administrative action, any privilege or advantage that is not accorded to citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions.

(2) No citizen of Nigeria shall be subjected to any disability or deprivation merely by reason of the circumstances of his birth.

(3) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section shall invalidate any law by reason only that the law imposes restrictions with respect to the appointment of any person to any office under the State or as a member of the armed forces of the Federation or member of the Nigeria Police Forces [size=14pt]or to an office in the service of a body, corporate established directly by any law in force in Nigeria[/size].

Basically, these requirements are prejudiced towards fat people, midgets and people under the height requirements and ugly people.

I might just be able to excuse the weight and height requirement as it can be argued that these can limit their ability to do the job, but to discriminate/judge a person based on looks is just criminal...

Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Esss(m): 11:07am On Sep 11, 2012
PBundles: Im not a lawyer, but with the exception of attractive ( very subjective), the remaining criteria seems applicable. I would expect that someone applying for the cabing crew job would be presentable. The other criteria could be borne out of safety requirements (ie not be to fat, in case if emergency so as to enable agile movement. I know these requirements are also used in other airlines as collegues wife works for KLM ( mor than 15 years) and actually is on the Abuja-Amsterdam route.

Just my 2 cents.

Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Pakavy(m): 11:33am On Sep 11, 2012
Danka7777: I am 6'3, what now?
doesnt matter.d coffins all gonna hav d same dimension
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by sashaa(f): 11:49am On Sep 11, 2012
Dad Lolade: Job
Height for the female must be between 5′ .2 – 5′ .6• Height for male must be between 5’ .6 – 6’ .2

12 September 2012
How to Apply

undecided
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Sss3: 11:54am On Sep 11, 2012
nah wah o
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Princek12(m): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2012
I support the age and weight restrictions. There is nothing more unpleasant during your flight than being served by a sixty something year old grandmother flight attendant. Similarly, there is nothing more unpleasant than being served by an obese orobo. I think you should be fired upon reaching a certain age or if you exceed a certain BMI.

Let's stop deceiving ourselves. Attractiveness is an integral part of being a flight attendant, and other than aesthetic reasons, an older or obese person may not be situated to aid passengers in the event of an emergency.

1 Like

Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by chelseabmw(m): 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2012
Kool............Nice one
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by vislabraye(m): 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
Esss:

Not every job is an equal opportunity employer. For instance in the military, there are criteria for joining. Height and physical fitness.
I've not seen an albino in the military. I stand to be corrected.
Its places like banks that should be equal opportunity enmployer but they're not.
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by gandkiss: 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
does it mean dat dey are going to have an interview with all the applicant to appraise dia physique?
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by ibromanner(m): 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
grin
grin
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by ProfJYK(m): 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
For those questioning the height limits, CC jobs touches on assisting passengers in putting carry on luggage in the overhead stowaway. a 5.2 dude might need a ladder to reach that, while the ladies aided by 6" heels. I think the standard requirement is 212cm to finger tips on tiptoes

the weight part has to do with waste of jet fuel as every extra gram onboard counts. this also affects candidates taller than the requirement as the extra height translates into weight. why have 3 CC weights 110kg each when you can have more weighing 60? airlines jettisoned the use of inflight magazines, blankets, and co. some took out extra seats and even went as far as converting overweight CC to ground staff.

as for appearance, that one no need talk na

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Put A Job You Were Sacked From In Your CV? / Emirates Airline* Is Looking For Cabin Crew *[females / Vacancies At International Development Organization- NERI Nigeria (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.