Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV (1060 Views)

U.S. Embassy Warns Of Possible 'Terrorism' Attacks In Nigeria - Reuters / President Buhari Departs Abuja To Iran(Photos) / Buhari Departs For The US With His Delegation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by ayorex(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2012
FORMER Lagos governor, Mr. Bola Ahmed Tinubu may have left the United States, hurriedly, at the weekend in order to avoid being questioned by the American authorities for allegedly trumping a false “gold card invitation” to attend the Democratic National Committee’s convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, last week.

Tinubu, a two-term governor of Lagos who was also a senator of the failed third republic, allegedly bolted out of the United States and arrived Nigeria on Saturday in order to avoid being questioned, said our sources, for the claims made by an aide who said that Mr. Tinubu was invited in his capacity as the official leader of “opposition in Nigeria,” a claim that has since been rejected by a DNC source.

Tinubu and the said aide, Mr. Sunday Dare, have been challenged by members of the Nigerian immigrant community, both on social media outlets on Facebook where the topic has taken a life of its own, and at the convention ground, to provide invites signed by President Barack Obama to attend the event.

A response has yet to be issued by Mr. Tinubu to the serious allegations.

Instead, obvious attempts are being orchestrated to discredit sharpedgenews.com as the source of the original report published on Saturday, with claims that the report is being sponsored by Dr. Doyin Okupe, the recently appointed special assistant on publicity to President Jonathan.

Mr. Oladimeji Abitogun, the editor-in-chief of sharpedgenews.com, has strongly dispelled such notion as “ruthless, baseless and ill-conceived,” adding that “no one at sharpedgenews.com has any such contacts” with Mr. Okupe.

“While it is not impossible that certain outlets may have been employed to reproduce our initial report on this matter, we are not aware any such request and it would be foolhardy, if not irresponsible, of anyone to attempt to smear us with the charge that Aso Rock dictates story ideas or editorial contents to us,” Mr. Abitogun said.

The conduct of some of Tinubu’s aides originally triggered the irritation of the Nigerian community at the Charlotte convention. The trip was sold to the Nigerian public under the impression that the“gold card invitation” came from President Obama. It was later obvious that key members of the DNC and President Obama did not enjoy any kind of personal relationship with Mr. Tinubu – contrary to the impression given Nigerians.

The Tinubu delegation also did not enjoy the kind of VIP treatment given to the members of the diplomatic community present at the event.

Sharpedgenews.com had reported in the initial edition of this story that anyone who paid over five thousand dollars received the generic invitation to attend the convention. Exactly how much Mr. Tinubu paid or how much was paid on his behalf is not known.

However, sharpedgenews.com learned that Tinubu’s attendance at the event may have been facilitated by his Chicago contacts, contrary to the impression that a personal invitation was issued to Mr. Tinubu by President Obama.

Sharpedgenews.com further learned that it is the norm for American presidents to “minimize interactions with foreign contacts before and immediately after presidential elections,” which is another proof that it was impossible for Mr. Tinubu to have enjoyed the privilege of a personal, high-level invite from Mr. Obama.

According to sharpedgenews.com investigations, the poor handling of what should have been a private self-improving outing for Mr.Tinubu was bungled by his media team, who tried to employ the opportunity to emotionally and politically hoodwink Nigerians in the mold of what is often referred to as a “been to” in Nigeria.

In Charlotte and in London, Nigerians aware of the development could not help expressing disgust at the manner in which Sunday Dare and the publisher of African Abroad, Alex Kabbah, treated Tinubu like a tribal king.

“If the man coughed, Alex Kabbah and Sunday Dare would near of bring down the roof because someone did not make a cup of water available for Asiwaju at the right time,” one of our citizen reporters volunteered, having been assigned to closely watch the role of the Tinubu team. “Sunday Dare wind-surfed as a big suck-up,” said one of the callers who took umbrage on the initial report.

Sharpedgenews.com also observed that Tinubu was as well present at the convention of the US Republican Party which held the previous week in Tampa, Florida.

Accompanying Mr. Tinubu on the trips was Ekiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi, who was a lot more restrained and less flamboyant than the ACN leader. Mr. Dele Alake, who also attended the event with Tinubu, was also of restrained comport.

The designation of Mr. Tinubu as the official leader of opposition in Nigeria was also one of the reasons why sharpedgenews.com investigaged the so-called “gold card invitation” allegedly issued to Mr. Tinubu.

Nigeria does not operate a parliamentary system of government where an official opposition leader is recognized. How exactly Mr. Tinubu got the description as leader of opposition, when he is not an elected official remains open to debate.
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by EkoIle1: 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
Please don't be deceptive. Always add your source link to your fake news.

http://www.sharpedgenews.com/index.php

This trash news site is owned by Mimiko and his boy Oladimeji Abitogun from ondo is the editor.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by MrGlobe(m): 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mr. Globe back.. cool
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by Chanchit: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2012
Arrant nan-sense, beef jst dey smell allover the fake news... Why would Tinubu produce a fake gold card to attend the event..? The other day the news was that he paid $5,000, which you said would be enough to get him into the venue, now u'r trying to say Tinubu can't afford to pay the money, he would rather produce a fake card, then a whole governor from Nigeria would even follow His oga with a fake card... If I'm the person sponsoring this useless site, I won't pay them kobo, cos they lack the skill to lie with common sense.
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by MrGlobe(m): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2012
Eko Ile: Please don't be deceptive. Always add your source link to your fake news.

This trash news site is owned by Mimiko and his boy Oladimeji Abitogun from ondo is the editor.

You dont think we care about the source of the news anymore. Afterall your master Tinubu has been feeding us with junk news all the while from his Nations Newspapers. Please address the issue next time.

bwahahahahahahahaha! This fraud,tinubu! grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
Eko Ile: Please don't be deceptive. Always add your source link to your fake news.

--------

You're digging yourself a bigger hole. Any rational person who's followed the development of this story knows there's been a big cock-up from the Tinubu camp who were caught in an attempt to mislead unsuspecting Nigerians for political gain. It doesn't help that he has antecedents for fraudulent claims. The motives of the original source exposing him are irrelevant provided their findings are accurate. If I was your enemy but I witnessed and could prove a crime you committed, it wouldn't make my claims less true even if I hated you.

Get your stuck head out of Tinubu's arris and quit making yourself more of a joke than you already are.
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by idupaul: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
Chanchit: Arrant nan-sense, beef jst dey smell allover the fake news... Why would Tinubu produce a fake gold card to attend the event..? The other day the news was that he paid $5,000, which you said would be enough to get him into the venue, now u'r trying to say Tinubu can't afford to pay the money, he would rather produce a fake card, then a whole governor from Nigeria would even follow His oga with a fake card... If I'm the person sponsoring this useless site, I won't pay them kobo, cos they lack the skill to lie with common sense.

Ur obviously slightly retarded
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by EkoIle1: 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
When was the last time your issue affected me or the price of garri? That's your issue and preoccupation, not mine.

You can kill yourself over this rubbish for all I care or even jump inside shalanga right now, who cares?

These useless clowns sabi make pesin laugh I swear....lmao

Mr. Globe:

You dont think we care about the source of the news anymore. Afterall your master Tinubu has been feeding us with junk news all the while from his Nations Newspapers. Please address the issue next time.

bwahahahahahahahaha! This fraud,tinubu! grin
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by nku5: 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
grin
This is the funniest shyte I've read in a while
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by EkoIle1: 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
--------

You're digging yourself a bigger hole. Any rational person who's followed the development of this story knows there's been a big cock-up from the Tinubu camp who were caught in an attempt to mislead unsuspecting Nigerians for political gain. It doesn't help that he has antecedents for fraudulent claims. The motives of the original source exposing him are irrelevant provided their findings are accurate. If I was your enemy but I witnessed and could prove a crime you committed, it wouldn't make my claims less true even if I hated you.
[b]
Get your stuck head out of Tinubu's arris [/b]and quit making yourself more of a joke than you already are.

But your head is far far buried inside his anu.s hence you acting as if this is the beginning and the end of your life. Take anybody's claim anyway you want, that's your problem and if it's bothering to death, kill yourself inside his anus or wahala. Na ya problem, not mine.
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
Chanchit: Arrant nan-sense, beef jst dey smell allover the fake news... Why would Tinubu produce a fake gold card to attend the event..? The other day the news was that he paid $5,000, which you said would be enough to get him into the venue, now u'r trying to say Tinubu can't afford to pay the money, he would rather produce a fake card, then a whole governor from Nigeria would even follow His oga with a fake card... If I'm the person sponsoring this useless site, I won't pay them kobo, cos they lack the skill to lie with common sense.
----------

You either haven't read the developing story which makes you ignorant of the facts, are incapable of reading or you've read but you're simply slow on the uptake. Or maybe you're one of the ACN sheeple who are too far up Tinubu's hairy backside to reason properly without blinkers.
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by MrGlobe(m): 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
Eko Ile: When was the last time your issue affected me or the price of garri? That's your issue and preoccupation, not mine.

You can kill yourself over this rubbish for all I care or even jump inside shalanga right now, who cares?

These useless clowns sabi make pesin laugh I swear....lmao

MODs did you see that sh1yt in bold. Can you now proceed with his ban. Thank you grin
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2012
Eko Ile:

But your head is far far buried inside his anu.s hence you acting as if this is the beginning and the end of your life. Take anybody's claim anyway you want, that's your problem and if it's bothering to death, kill yourself inside his anus or wahala. Na ya problem, not mine.
Unlike your unhealthy obsession with the fraud, this is the first time I've ever typed Tinubu or his party on the internet. I rarely comment here unlike you who lives to spew drivel here everyday of your sad life. The entire posters of this section know you as the village ìdiöt with his head firmly buried and stuck in Tinubu's anus. Seriously, get a life and grow up.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by MrGlobe(m): 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
Unlike your unhealthy obsession with the fraud, this is the first time I've ever typed Tinubu or his party on the internet. I rarely comment here unlike you who lives to spew drivel here everyday of your sad life. The entire posters of this section know you as the village ìdiöt with his head firmly buried and stuck in Tinubu's anus. Seriously, get a life and grow up.
Dont worry, he has been banned
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by EkoIle1: 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
Unlike your unhealthy obsession with the fraud, this is the first time I've ever typed Tinubu or his party on the internet. I rarely comment here unlike you who lives to spew drivel here everyday of your sad life. The entire posters of this section know you as the village idiot with his head firmly buried and stuck in Tinubu's anus. Seriously, get a life and grow up.

It doesn't matter how many times you mentioned his name, you are still a dumb i.diot for reading and believing some fake online news article with no facts or verifiable reference. You are a terrible and reckless news consumer and people like you promote ignorance, the same ignorance you want me to share with you. I'm not like many of you.

What's the fact that a private citizen went to a political convention got to do with my life? Nothing? Is he the president of Nigeria? No.Is he a public official? No. Do you see how dumb and jobless you are trying to kill your self over nothing?
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by EkoIle1: 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
Is this not the same Oladimeji Abitogun the dubious owner and editor of the news site that peddled the fake news?

Oladimeji Abitogun the editor of Shape Edge News mentioned in the article contacted me via email.

Oladimeji Abitogun the editor of Shape Edge News mentioned in the article contacted me via email. He thought we had met and that I’m a Special Adviser to Gov. Mimiko and wanted me to back down

Here is the note he left, titled “let us respect Governor Mimiko’s desire!”:

“This is Oladimeji Abitogun. Remember all the discussions we had while I was in Nigeria recently. I am assuming that this is Mr. Ayo Adeniyi, S.A (Special Duties) to Governor Mimiko? The story you have been having an exchange with huhuonline over was taken down because the Governor personally called a few of us and I gave my words that I got his back not influenced by pecuniary gains. I am an Ondo State free born and I had been a friend of Governor Mimiko longer than you may want to imagine, I was fully with him in the trenches even while I live in exile in the United States. I do not understand why anyone would want to prolong a matter that the Governor has already brought into closure. Please let us give peace a chance and I have told the CPS and the Commissioner for Information that I do not like the copy of your tik-tak with Emeke. I hope we can work together. Have the peace of the Lord.

http://grandioseparlor.com/2010/07/stories-about-ondo-state-and-intercontinental-bank-what-do-i-care/[/quote]
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by Dainfamous: 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2012
just reading the headlines am already on the floor rolling grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by strangest(m): 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2012
There's fire on the mountain... Run run run, Tinubu has always been wanted by the CIA, he probably used a fake passport to travel... Abeg make una investigate him well
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by Chyz2: 6:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
Yoruba man hits ghost again,lol....
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by PointB: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
Tinubu running from justice, after flayboyantly flaunting Gold Card invitation in the name of 'leader of opposition parties in Nigeria', should not be surprising to any impartial observer. Folks like us have said that forgery and lying are second nature to him, but some of the jobless hypocritics, perpetually attached to tinubu's bossom, would rather blab otherwise like little cry babies, despite his antecedents.

Now the thief is on the run again, I hope he know he can only run, but cannot hide. Shameless lying bastard, Tinubu!
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by yarodin: 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
LOL, EKO OLE dey vex well well. His messiah just proved what everyone has been saying for ages. A criminal will always be a criminal.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by kokabiel(f): 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2012

hmmm, any proof of this will easily wipe the developing story off the face of the minds of Nigerians
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by rasputinn(m): 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
Ole,he may have thought they'd come after him for his money laundering and drug trafficking offences
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by rasputinn(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
yarodin: LOL, EKO OLE dey vex well well. His messiah just proved what everyone has been saying for ages. A criminal will always be a criminal.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tinubu Departs US Amid Speculation Of Possible Investigation Over ‘gold Card’ IV by Johndoe100(m): 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
yarodin: LOL, EKO OLE dey vex well well. His messiah just proved what everyone has been saying for ages. A criminal will always be a criminal.

Master and slave servant are both criminals indeed

(1) (Reply)

A Cartoon Picture Of Nigeria $ GEJ In Wonderland / Over 100 People Burnt To Death In Accident On Benin-ore Expressway / To End This War In Nigeria Igbo And Yoruba Pride Must Be Swallowed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.