Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:55 PM

Film Critic Board - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Film Critic Board (934 Views)

Kunle Afolayan's OCTOBER 1: Critic's Review / Film Critic Releases Teaser Riddle Ahead Of “FAS” : Can You Solve It? / Critic's Choice Award Winners. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Film Critic Board by powerofmap(m): 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2008
What you think people, Do you think we should have Film Critic Organisation in Nigeria?
Re: Film Critic Board by Seun(m): 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2008
All we need is for someone to start a popular movie review magazine or tv show. And it can be you. wink
Re: Film Critic Board by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 08, 2008
yeah, i think you should. Im sure it will help with the improvement of movies and television shows a lot, well maybe anyway.
Re: Film Critic Board by jemit(m): 7:24pm On Jan 08, 2008
of course, i believe and agree that a form of 'film critic board' should arise to tackle the types of movies being churned out each day.

but the members of the board should be educated and also wel-learned in the film industry.

we can start something like dat here in nairaland. all we need is a idea of the movies being produced and those involeved in the production.
Re: Film Critic Board by Seun(m): 9:09pm On Jan 08, 2008
You could even start a Nollywood movie review blog and make some money for yourself. wink
Re: Film Critic Board by jemit(m): 9:35am On Jan 09, 2008
Seun:

You could even start a Nollywood movie review blog and make some money for yourself. wink
and from there start a mag that will be of international standard, where nolywood will be reviewed. the movies and the people involved. movies, actors and directors/producers who get bad ratings will never be productive in the industry.

Great idea!!!

i am ready to be a part of it.

(An example is the Alexander film of 2004 with Colin Farrell & Angelina Jolie. it did not make any profit mainly because of the many criticisms it received from 'the critics').
Re: Film Critic Board by Seun(m): 10:26am On Jan 09, 2008
Just go to www.blogger.com and register your blog. Then start posting reviews of all the Nollywood movies you've watched recently and give them a rating on a scale of 1 to 10 in various dimensions such as: story, acting, and technical (clarity of sound, sharpness of video, etc). Once you have a decent amount of traffic and a decent number of reviews (20) you can register for adsense.

Personally, I would have loved to sponsor such a project, but the 'sad' truth is that you don't need the help or permission or sponsorship of anybody to start such a blog. Just start it!
Re: Film Critic Board by powerofmap(m): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2008
Baba Seun as an Aspiring Producer don't you think we can start it on here too? not because of traffic or something but because most Big Time producers are on here(Nairaland) and if they read our individual reviews they can also improve.
Re: Film Critic Board by Seun(m): 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2008
Re: Film Critic Board by powerofmap(m): 12:14am On Jan 10, 2008
Those 're selections of films liked by individuals, Am talking about a real weekly review.Baba seun I know you don't like nollywood movies, but to be part of it you have to watche some of them so you can give marketer what they want grin
Nollywood is growing, We would get there someday.
Re: Film Critic Board by iice(f): 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2008
A blog or article sure. . .but an organization? No
Not until a certain amount of 'good' movies are produced
Re: Film Critic Board by powerofmap(m): 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2008
iice:

A blog or article sure. . .but an organization? No
Not until a certain amount of 'good' movies are produced

Why until?
Re: Film Critic Board by iice(f): 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2008
Prolly coz people are gon' rely on what the organization says regardless that such movies may not be even that good. Even in hollywood people rely on the critique of critics (some who don't even know what they are watching undecided) Not that its such a bad thing but from what i have seen from the forum and heard for people. . .quite a number have no idea what a good movie is undecided. . .ok i think am goin round in circles. . .lol

What i mean to say is that. . .if all that is available to critique are mediocre to horrible movies and the organization say, 'i give it a thumbs up' ' it was an amazing film blah blah' (coz there's nothing better to watch) people who rely on these critics' views will most likely subscribe to the view of the critics thereby help in the continuation of production of such ghastly movies undecided hope i made sense?

(1) (Reply)

Does The Reality Tv Show 'kids Alone' On Africa magic Really Make Any Sense? / Action Hero / Bb Porsche Valentine Short Film

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.