Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,643 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? (1510 Views)

Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? by Igonih(m): 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
I will like to know if street food biz can be done in Abuja ie if Government permits. If so, where will be the best location? I mean in Abuja main town.
Re: Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? by spicyv1(f): 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2012
What is your concept? A table and couple θf chairs or a bus? Please expatiate. You may also want to consider the option θf supplying to offices.
Re: Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? by Igonih(m): 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
I mean from like a mobile kitchen. I don't know the requirement to supply offices yet. If offices want lunch supplied then it will be good to go. But for now I just want to know if I can get a small land or space in FCt to park my mobile kitchen and sell. If it is possible, what will be the requirement by the FG or ministry in charge?
Re: Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? by spicyv1(f): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
A small land in the heart θf Abuja for business purposes? I doubt that you can find that. As for your mobile kitchen, I see a couple θf that stuff around. I really can't help you with information regarding the requirements θf the appropriate authorities. I can only advice based on the office supplies which I feel is much more profiting and also an avenue to build long lasting profiting business relationship. I can say this because I delved into catering for a while, my target clients was the corporate sector but I eventually made supplies to financial institutions.

All you need do is locate office complexes and let them know what you have to offer. There are a couple θf such buildings at Maitama. There's this organization with a staff strength θf more than a hundred persons, the company pays for staff meal. Back then, a plate usually goes for #500 which has already been paid for by the org. but staff can make extra orders which they will may for. The org is located at Wuse 2. Really, I think the supplies to offices is a better deal.
Re: Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? by Igonih(m): 8:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
@spicy v thanks for the information. I will work on that. What made you stop if the Catering stuff you don't mind me asking?
So I walk in and try to find the boss to explain what I have to offer or how do I go about it?
Thank you for the information.
Re: Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? by spicyv1(f): 11:31am On Sep 14, 2012
You are welcome brother. I don't mind your asking questions on this subject as you need all the right information to help you succeed in this business. Well, I delved into catering some three years back. The year before, I had lost a very wonderful job. The company crashed as a result θf the global economic meltdown. I had bills to pay so I had to think fast on how to pay those bills. I wasn't really keen on going through the job search thing at that time because that Company crashing, felt like a heartbreak to me. I had afterall planned that it would be the last place I would werk as an employee. I was learning so much, making the right business contacts plus making gooood money.

Anyways, whilst thinking, the easiest thing that came to mind was my culinary skills. There were some banks located at the junction θf my close, so I approached them and told them I made really nice pancakes and sandwiches, that I would bring some the following day so they can have a feel θf my "out θf this world pancakes". grin wink The following day, I presented my samples and some θf the staff even paid for what was meant to be free. That was how I started, everyday, I would receive orders and make them available. Within a month, one θf the banks asked me if I could supply meals and I said oh sure! I have learnt that in business, when a client asks if you can provide a service, never say no!

So that was how the journey began. But, it began to be too demanding, I was cooking from home; a small self contained apartment back then with a kitchen that equally lacked space! The work was getting too demanding and started to take its toil on my health. Mind you, the reason I went into it in the first place was purely motivated by money which is not a good enough reason to get into business! So, I had to give it a break.

Now, I am a co-owner θf a thriving business that was built out θf passion! I have also learnt from my catering experience, it benefited me a loooot. Whilst doing that job, I got an outdoor catering contract from one θf the staff(my client), I was offered a job with one θf the banks which I turned down, lol and I made good contacts. I mean I was a young pretty and smart gurl who could engage my clients in intelligent conversation. Often times, when I made supplies, they wouldn't want me to leave, I would have to insist on leaving by reminding them that I had other clients to attend to. I also now know how to do things better, serve people better and when I go back, it would be very dynamic! Yes, I intend to go back to catering but this time it wouldn't be all about the money and it would certainly be big time.

Okay enough θf the rantings and back to your second question. You should meet with the admin personnel θf the Companies, in other cases, a staff who can introduce you to others. You should be prepared to offer samples for free. Your first meeting should have a catalogue θf dishes you will be offering and price range, that is for companies that staff are required to pay for their meals. Since you will be running a mobile kitchen, it would be more efficient for you to make quick deliveries. Be very proffessional please, pay attention to your clients and you will get bigger deals from them. Outdoor catering contracts for events and even home supplies! wink
Re: Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? by Igonih(m): 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
Thanks once again. I would like to supply corporate bodies. You have given me ideas. I will try now to see how it will work out.
Re: Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? by spicyv1(f): 12:25am On Sep 15, 2012
Awww, smiley, go take over dude! Expecting updates on your success wink
Re: Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? by Igonih(m): 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2012
Will do.
Re: Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? by Juleeee: 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2023
Igonih:
I will like to know if street food biz can be done in Abuja ie if Government permits. If so, where will be the best location? I mean in Abuja main town.

Hello how are you, any outcome on this thread?
Re: Can One Do Street Food In Abuja? by Gasayi(m): 6:08pm On Apr 16, 2023
Gasayi:
Hello
Our service :

Buying/Selling

paypal
Bitcoin
Neteller
Usdt
Payoneer
Skrill
Online Payments/checkout
Gift cards
Fiverr withdrawal
Whatsapp 0706246 9313

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Venture Into A TV Station Business, Can Someone Give Me An Idea On How / Make Money Online With Dollarupload / sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.